The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Don’t sell yourself short.” Spawn arched over as pulses of energy surged throughout his body. “I hate laughing. Especially by freaks like him. Let’s fucking go.” Digging his iron boots against the ground, Spawn dashed forward in breakneck speeds. He didn’t need to worry about Berserk catching up—she’s among the fastest in the Breakers. With their combined speeds, Spawn can focus on setting things up for her.

After Cuki unleashed her attack on the Red King, Spawn emerged around her. The hellspawn hack and slash from each side, while wrapping him with his chains afterwards. This time being infused with hellish energy, the chains tightened and putting pressure on his body. He slid on each side and rammed both his blades through the chains against the ground to lock it in its place.

The Detective crossed his arms. “Nerco Bombs!” Instantly, numerous amounts of bombs appeared in the gaps of the chains—while leaving enough room for Berserk to add her C4s. “Now!” Indicating that once Berserk did her task, the bombs will go off the moment she does.

Panich's winches back a moment after being struck in the face by Cuki's suddenly flailing hands. She blinked a couple times to regain her composure, but then here eyes turned back to the girl. She moved! The Xy’pher saiyan princess looked into the dull eyes that caused her a bit of uneasy. Cuki was still there wasn't she? Then that familiar little twinkle in her eyes came back and they embraced each other.

"No problem... Kit-Kat.” Panich chuckled as she held Cuki close still feeling a bit somber that she couldn't feel much of anything. Her thoughts were interrupted however by Nia speaking up about a new weakness hindering the Red king.

“Just hit him faster than he can regenerate and cause his body to stall. I can definitely do that.” Panich said with a smirk. She glanced down, helping her friend pull herself up. Her face twisted in uncertainty as Cuki began devising a plan all while bloody and battered. “Now wait just a-”

Unfortunately, Cuki had already taken off before she had time to object. The saiyan grumbled slightly, but knew it couldn't be helped, all she could do now was help Cuki complete the strategy she had devised for the both of them. So soon after the girl, Panich took off as well, flying in conjunction with Cuki. As she struck, Panich charged her ki and wore two of her blasts like boxing gloves around her hands. As she was signaled to attack, Panich roared and shot her fist out at the right side of the King's body, the impact lining up to help Spawn and Berserks explosives to deliver an even more devastating blast.

Last edited:
Hearing this message both from Cuki and Panich, Majin Bara raised a hand in the air, and began to launch tens to hundreds of small ki-blasts in the air, each homing in towards the Red King and actively avoiding all the other Breakers, to help in adding more and more pressure to the Red King himself, using Buu's patented 'Assault Rain', formerly known as the 'Human Extinction Attack' to help with this purpose.

"The Red King is going down one way or the other, and we'll make sure he will NOT get up THIS time!" she muttered as she did her part.

Once Spawn helped Cuki and Panich completely immobilize the Red Emperor, Berserk appeared not too far behind as a crimson streamline across the sky. With an intense determined look on her face, the Powerpunk closed in on him and began veering off in a spiral cascading upwards. With each zip of her blurred silhouette around the loop, a C4 pack would be slapped onto Spawn's dangling chains or whatever stickable surface the Red Emperor's body allowed. What began as one beeping device amounted to a rancorous discorant choir of them.

Berserk reappeared in midair gripping numerous detonators; one for each hand, one in her mouth, and even in the prehensile grasp of her tattered ribbons. "Ready fer yer Royal Treatment!?" Berserk shouted with a crazed grin, slamming down each button to kick in a ramp-up in the C4 bombs' rhythmic beeping. "FIRE IN THE HOLE!!"

As each attack landed on the King, he refused to dodge any of them, tanking hits as if he were a sponge. Parts of his body flew off, but something was starting to settle deep within the Emperor’s body. Pain. This pain was getting stronger and stronger as he took the attacks, watching more pieces of him disappear and then regenerate. The ‘pause’ he had before started to show up when Panich and Cuki did their moves. He was unable to move, and blood trickled from the corner of his cracked mouth. His eyes widened as a grunt of pain escaped his lips. The King’s body twitched, but once he was able to regenerate his missing limbs, the pain doubled, freezing him once again. This time, he stayed frozen for much longer, allowing Spawn to wrap him up with chains and pin him to the ground.

W-What’s happening to me…?! This pain… it’s unbearable!

As he remained stuck to the ground, more blood escaped his body, this time from his eyes and any other cracks on his body. He coughed loudly, spewing blood everywhere as he was almost immobilized by the pain. His body felt weaker, and his limbs were shaking. As he lifted his arm to break one of the chains, his arm slammed back to the ground by an invisible force. He struggled to push his head up, but he managed to see Nia pointing her arms out towards him, using her psychic powers to keep him pinned to the ground.

“You aren’t as invincible as you think!” Nia shouted. “Everyone has a weak point! Even you!”

“Why you...!” The King struggled to move. Every time he moved an inch, it felt like he was lifting a boulder. His body hacked again, spitting out blood from the pain. “Arrrgh…!”

The Emperor turned his head to the side and noticed several ticking time bombs latched onto the chains. For a moment, he did not seem concerned, but only until he managed to ease up the pain did his eyes widen drastically.

“NOOOOOO—”

Before the King was able to do anything to defend himself, the blast had overcome him and drowned out his screams.

“That’s not all!” Nia shouted.

The Xy’pher opened her palms as wide as she could before motioning her hands to mimic her holding a ball. Her psychic power formed a dome over the King, containing the explosion as best she could, making sure the Emperor got the full blast of the blast.

“Hold up, we gotta add something to this too!” Avalyde pouted. “Ain’t no way we’re gonna get left in the dark!”

Avalyde held out a single hand sign, and Avalon’s Scroll of Truths poofed into his open hand. For a moment, there was a pause until Avalyde started to chuckle to himself.

“Been nice workin’ with ya’, Cayde! Avalon’s just about ready to pass out. Let’s end this with a bang, yeah?”

Avalyde threw the scroll as high as he could into the sky and followed right after it. The scroll zipped open and quickly sliced through Avalyde, cutting his body in half. The dragon showed no pain as his lower half began to be absorbed by the scroll. His body began to disintegrate as more of it went to the scroll. The only part of Avalyde that remained was his head, his arms, and a small bubble which contained Avalon. The gun in his only arm rose as the scroll began to glow vividly. Any ‘bullets’ left in the gun were flung out and replaced with the scroll. Avalyde took aim as his gun matched Cayde’s gun exactly and grew enormous. It was so big that he needed both arms to pull the trigger.

“This is it!” Avalyde yelled. “Tiro Finalé!”

A single, massive bullet fired from the gun that the impact alone disintegrated whatever was left of Avalyde. Cayde and Avalon fell from the sky, along with the scroll. Avalon was unconscious at this point, free-falling to the ground, all the symbols on his body receding and the Divine Energy that covered his body peeled off, revealing his normal skin. The ninja was completely out of energy and unable to move.

Thanks for the fun time, Cayde… Avalyde’s voice rung out within Cayde’s head. Don’t worry tho’, I’m not gone forever! Just ask Avalon whenever you want to summon me again… Let’s hope he got the hang of it by then! See ya’, Papa Cayde!

The bullet fired at the king hit with such a powerful impact that it flung the Breakers back. Upon impact, the bullet pierced through Nia’s barrier and hit the King directly. A powerful explosion flew out, followed by a whirlpool that reached all the way into the sky. The water tore the King’s body to bits, while the flame from Berserk’s bombs lit up the inside, incinerating what remained.

W-What is happening to meeeee?! The pain! It hurts! It hurts so much! My body! My perfect and pristine body! It’s being ripped apart and burned away! No…! No! NO! I am the supreme being! There is no one above me! Not even GODS! I have NO LIMITS!

Finally, the King’s diamond core was exposed, inside it was a swirl of violent red energy. It started to show very tiny cracks. Cuki’s eyes narrowed as she saw the jewel fly within the whirlpool, and she immediately ran to her spear and took aim as best she could. It was a one in a million shot! Her eyes locked onto the Emperor’s core when she reeled her arm back as far as she could. Byakko mimicked her movement, almost as if taking aim as well and aiding Cuki in her throw.

“NOW!”

Cuki and Byakko flung their bodies forward and shot the spear directly at the King’s core. The spear cut through the air, creating a sonic boom that struck the core right out of the whirlpool, putting a large crack on it and drilling deeper into it.

NO. NO. NOOOOOO!

Suddenly, the spear stopped in place before it could pierce through. The Core floated in the air and began to leak from the cracks. The ominous scarlet aura oozed from the core, vibrating wildly as it formed brand-new arms for the King. Every piece of the King that wasn’t burned away, no matter how small, began to form around the Core. Finally, the Emperor’s body reformed, however, he was missing several parts. There were gasping noises coming from the King, desperate to catch his breath from the immense pain he was in.

“You… disgusting… mortals…” The Emperor spat. “I… will not… die… to the likes… of you!”

The King’s psychic energy removed the spear from his core and flung it towards the Breakers. He took aim at a weakened Vegetto, shooting the spear so fast that it caught on fire. Cuki watched her spear get fired back at the Vegetto, and, for a second, the world slowed down for her. She did not know what forced her to move or what possessed her legs, but the youngster was the first one to move. Byakko turned to look at Cuki with a shocked expression as she reached out towards Vegetto.

I won’t let any one of them…die!

When the spear crashed, it created a large cloud of dust and debris that surrounded Vegetto and Cuki. Blood was seen on the floor, flowing like a river as it poured out from one of the two Breakers. Only when the dust settled was the damage finally more visible. On the floor, face down, was Cuki and off to the side was Vegetto, unscratched with Cuki’s arm gripping his shoulder tightly from the mighty shove she did.

However, the arm was not attached to Cuki’s body.

Cuki’s entire right arm was completely severed from her body, still gripping Vegetto’s body. Only after Cuki’s blood ran down Vegetto’s left side did the arm finally release and fall to the ground. Blood pooled around Cuki’s body as she shivered. With her free arm, she gripped her spear and used it to pick herself up.

“Get… up…” Cuki said to herself and staggered, slipping multiple times but refusing to stay down. “Get up… Cuki…! You can’t give up…” When she finally managed to get up on her feet, she took a deep breath and walked past Vegetto. With a mighty yell, she lifted her spear and pointed it towards the Red King. The sheer determination she had was unmatched. Even Byakko watched Cuki in shock, entirely at a loss for words.

“I’m not dead yet, you bastard!” Cuki’s voice cracked. “We’re going to end you right here!”

“If you refuse to die… then I’ll take this whole world down and leave you with NOTHING! You’ll all…PERISH!!!

The King formed an orb in between his hands, and it began to get bigger and bigger, pulling everything to it, even light. The black hole forming in the King’s hands started to rip apart the very fabric of space around the Breakers. Colors began to disappear from the Breakers, cracks formed in the space around them and broke off like glass, leaving behind just an empty black void that was solid to the touch. Everything went into the center of this singularity that the King had created.

“I WILL SEND YOU ALL INTO THE VOID!”

“Oh dear, this is rather problematic.” Lucifer spread out his angel wings and dug into the dirt to hold himself still. He turns, noticing Bernkastel being pulled to the center. The angel reached out and grabbed hold of her arm. He noticed that the colors were being pulled away from them. Using the free set of angel wings, Lucifer pulled the Witch closer and placed her in the comfort of them.

===

“Can’t this bastard die already!?” Spawn used chains to grab everyone and pulled them with all his strength he could muster—but the gravitational force from the Red King’s attack was effectively powerful. “Hold on!! May, help me out here!” The souls from Spawn’s cloak were being dragged out—each of them holding onto Spawn. Few had already been pulled and disappeared into the void. “Think… Spawn, think!”

===

Spina stared at the black sky with dull eyes, lying on water by the riverbank. The feeling of emptiness came like waves; he knows it too well. It was nauseating. On the verge of death, such a dreadful feeling pierced his mind. Instead of finding peace in his eventual end that he craved, he found nothing but pain and heartbreak. Even in the face of death, he found himself still a tool to one’s means to an end.

His eyes flicker as he stares into the darkness. Deep darkness without even a trace of light. How many times had he fallen into this abyss? He lost count after the 100th time. His senses numbed; the second half of his body was just inches away from his torso. The calm ocean was tainted by his blood.

His vision started to blur and any sensation he held at this point started to fade away. Cracks was on the breaking point, and he’ll be coined. For however long he’ll stay as a coin matter not—even pushed to the brink of endurance, he felt that he’ll be used to the very end.

As his body began to submerge into the water, his eyes continued to stare into the endless void. Suddenly, a red dot pierced the black night. Then another. And another. Soon, a dozen red lights appeared and began a circular motion. It sends ripples against the calm ocean, forming raging waves. His clouded eyes widened; the red lights were forming vivid images of his memories flashing by.

“What do you want.” Spina finally spoke, but his voice was gruntled due to fatal wound by the Red King.

The red lights stopped immediately after. Several, smaller blue dots around each red light appeared followed by a piercing, white smile. It soon took form, revealing a monster that cannot be described. He had many eyes on his head, his main, singular eye being the biggest on the front. His hands, not attached to his body, independently moved on their own. Letting out a cackling smile, it spoke to the dying Saiyan.

“Dead again, Spina. This darkness is like a second home for you.”

“….”

“Don’t go silent on me now.”

“… Why are you planting false memories in my head?”

The monster grinned. “I was merely doing a favor. You don’t seem to enjoy your real memories, so I did some legwork on an already built foundation. To give you a sense of pride in yourself. But even I cannot perform miracles, heh. Deeper feelings will eventually creep out no matter how much you bury them. You’d held out good though, so there’s some credit to that.”

Spina didn’t respond to the monster’s answer. Involuntarily, without any input of his emotional state, he shed tears. The influx of real memories, no longer held down by this monster or Spina, came flooding in. “I was born into this world, and my fate was determined. I will never break this cycle I’m in.”

“But you did.” The monster spoke. “When you appeared 200 years ago in the previous version of this world, you were by yourself. Where you were at your happiest. But the influx of others’ influence on you had hindered your own agency, and you forced to abandon your happiness.”

Spina remained silent for a moment, remembering the days of his solitude. “… I…” He hesitated. “I…”

“I can make that happen.” The monster’s hands floated around aimlessly.

The old Saiyan narrowed his eyes. “…. How?”

“I am the Overseer of Taking, Brutality. I can take away something. Anything. And I can take away that fear of instill in you. Where nothing, ever again, take away… your choice.” Brutality formerly introduced himself.

Spina thought about that. He didn’t need further explanation; he sensed Brutality’s presence was beyond his comprehension. This “Overseer” seems to be a god-like being. Yet, Spina still held out some hesitation.

“You just need some convincing, is all.” Brutality’s main eye narrowed its pupil. A sudden audible sound was echoing in this cold darkness. Various moments of his life, from his original world and to Vortex, overwhelmed the Saiyan. From seeing his parents killed and forced to bow before Vegeta. Overhearing the disappointment from his mentor, Gogeta calls him out, and Cuki accusing him. Each sound echoes across the looming darkness became louder than the next, pushing him to the edge. The replacement of fear that limited his agency soon became his truest, rawest form of anger that had been lying dormant for decades.

The last, final thing that pushed him over the edge was Vegetto’s infamous words back at Reflection City. “And if you DARE step out of line, then I'll be sure to teach you where you belong: under MY boot!"

There was a brief silence, then the ocean which Spina laid started to boiled immediately. His broken body that was fading away sprung into life. His two halves reattached themselves, using the Dark Energy that once again manifested—at a higher rate than usual. He stood up and held an expression that could say a thousand words, but a single word is enough to describe his state: RAGE.

Spina let out a blood-shrieking howl. The darkness scattered like glasses, with Brutality smirking as he disappears along with it. Reappearing in the real world, the rejuvenated Saiyan’s mighty roar was ripping through the ground around him as if he was a typhoon. The tears faded away without a single trace. His seething anger did not cease at all. He was in absolute RAGE.

He lowered his head; the left side of his face was covered in darkness—only a single white dot, replacing his eye, was seen. There were spikes that formed on both shoulders; and his left arm is entirely black. His center torso, where he was ripped in half, was completely black.

Spina looked ahead, seeing the Red King had completely changed appearance. Looking from each side and noticing that his colors were literally being pulled away from him.

Spina’s eyes were fierce and furious. Looking ahead, the Saiyan dashed forward without any regard for himself or others. The strange power of dark energy was protecting him from being stretched thin by the Red King’s Void attack. The seething rage boiled over to the point it influenced his attack. “Flowing Strike. Heat Fist!”

It was not a series of blows or precise attacks. It was a single punch packed with nothing more than pure, unfiltered, untamed rage. Spina smashes through the Red King’s Void and through the Tyrant himself—appearing on the other side. His hand became bright red as fiery smoke seared from his fist.

May changes armor to a power armor that is unaffected by the pull of the black hole. She grabs one of the chains that spawn summoned and wrapped around her waist. She swaps her shovel to what looks like a spear and gams it into the ground making her harder to move.

Some the orbs fall into the black hole. The maid grabs on to her mistress.

Takes out a special grenade and says, "ok lest see if a white hole will stop this or are we boned." tosses the grenade torts the black hole in order to counter (or limit the black hole) and gives the others a chance to beat up the king. May thinks "If I recall the lich of there this group did use a white hole to counter a black one in one the fights leading torts doom. I may not know how well one these white hole grenades work but it should help. If its dos I will just toss more at it"

As the final words faded from Cayde's mind, the man sat up from where he fell on the ground with a small frown, his words like a disappointed child when recess was over.

"Goodbye...magic space dragon..."

His eyebrows perked a bit, snapping his attention back to the task at hand during the ensuing blows raining down on the Red King. Cayde quickly moved up to Avalon, taking a brief moment to glance around with a focused stare before he suddenly let out a heavy sigh. He flippantly flicked his hand cannon to the side, his fingers individually reloading bullet after bullet into the main magazine while he scoffed down at Avalon with a sarcastic tone clearly meant to humor himself and anyone else that could hear him in the intense battle.

"What I'd give for a nap right now...must be nice, kid. During the next galactic battle to save the Vortex, you're gonna have to take care of me while I nap in the middle of it."

He yelped as the gravitational pull from the King's attack yanked everyone in, his free hand snatching Avalon by his collar before both could be pulled in. Cayde looked over himself with wide eyes, the colors leaving his body and the dimensional space of reality beginning to crack prompting a heavy swallow from the android while he clung tightly onto the chains.

Vegetto grunted in quickly springing to his feet, having fallen to the ground and remaining still in preparing a familiar counterattack before the Red King could stab him. Yet with Cuki, Panich and Berserk pressing the offense, his preparations were pointless and he quickly turned to face towards the ensuing battle. A bit of blood dropped down onto the ground, Vegetto's silver eyes turning to his left and noticing the small trail of it dripping down his cheek and chin. He promptly raised his white gloved hand, wiping away the small amount and turning his eyes back up to the fight.

The charge of Panich and Cuki, Spawn's and Berserk's bombs detonating in synchrony, and the massive dragon's final shot prompting a small smirk from the Potara fusion. His attention shifted, the flaming spear being hurled his way prompting a defense, and Vegetto tensed slightly; his legs spacing in preparation. Despite the damage sustained, Vegetto smirked to himself at the incoming projectile, having plenty of time and energy left to simply redirect or catch the incoming spear. Yet as he reached out, Vegetto blinked in surprise at the sudden push and the intense force of the explosion; stumbling back in the smoke.

His silver eyes blinked hard, wide at the sight of Cuki lying face down in the pool of her own blood. Vegetto barely shifted his gaze, the loud plop of flesh and blood catching his attention in realizing her right arm now laid next to his boot; his gi and arm stained by the extensive amount of blood. Vegetto watched on, still stunned by the move itself while Cuki forced herself up, struggling to move forward in a manner that looked meager to the Potara fusion. His initial thoughts began to focus once more, and soon, his mind gravitated immediately on the element that infuriated him the most: the sheer waste in her action to protect him.

Why the hell did you do that?!

His mind, through the enjoyment of battle once more, gravitated towards the thoughts of sheer inefficiency of Cuki's moves; frustration at the nativity of saving someone that didn't need to be saved. He had found his love of battle once more, but just like before when he began to bond with the Breakers and even in his home universe with Kassava and Trunks, the team now proved to act in a way that went against what he thought was correct. The normal toxic rage would ignite at the thoughts, and deep to his core, his rage would build and build on how much he hated the inefficiency and stupidity behind wasting strength for nothing.

Yet this time, the thoughts were all that ignited in his pattern of self destruction. He wanted to be angry at the move, but for some reason, his rage stopped at the thought alone. His core did not absorb the rage those thoughts brought forth, as if his body itself rejected the hatred his mind wanted to enact. Instead, his eyes wandered down, staring again at the sight of Cuki struggling to move. Vegetto's expression softened slightly, the continued chants of getting up spoken to herself diminishing the earlier toxicity in his mind as he recognized a different trait this time. That despite the nativity and inefficiency of the move, the unmatched determination and drive to continue fighting is where her strength came from. The same strength Vegetto lamented himself for not having moments before she had returned.

As well, his thoughts were pushed once more internally to reminiscence on a familiarity; the two halves that became a whole to make Vegetto. One looking down with contempt and hatred at the blind and sheer naïve nature of the other, especially because such stupidity was enduring against a superior skillset and fighter. As if he was being guided towards it, Vegetto softened and began to let go of the rage; realizing that superior experience and skill was nothing without the same determination that gave Cuki the strength to continue fighting. That even if Cuki's move was not the smartest or even though it may have hurt the team, the unwavering determination to continue the battle would give the team victory all the same. Vegetto inhaled deeply thought his nose, his silver eyebrows narrowing once more as he spoke out within his mind.

Alright...I see it. Now...how do I help them?

As if the question could be answered, Vegetto felt an internal pull once more. No words rang out in his mind, but he felt his mind wander deeper into the core of his memories once again. Visions that belonged to those who made him filled his thoughts; recognizing that while he knew and felt everything, they did not belong to him fully. The destructive void being brought forth by the Red King tore into the plane of existence itself that they stood on, a center figure with power massively dwarfing everyone's similar to a core memory of the Potara fusion's. Being internally pushed towards it, Vegetto's vision blurred a bit; a long dead enemy standing before him as smoke and a golden hue of an aura overtook the Red King in his vision. Instead of the Creator God, another figure stood in his place that threatened Earth's destruction. Crackles of blue lightning swirled around the green figure's body alongside a volatile golden aura; the figure having outstretched his arm with a single finger pointed towards the team. A dying man with purple hair coughed up blood, lying in a similar pool in front of Vegetto as he was forced to reminisce on the memory. The words that followed filled Vegetto's mind, and unlike his rage towards Cuki's inefficiency, the anger rose through his core instead of his mind at the sound of a familiar voice filling his thoughts.

"H̦̼̙̺̬̞̝e̥̭̜͖̣ ͈̘̬̤̼̹ͅw̝͈̼͔i̯l͇͚̳̟ḽ p̲a̝̦̘͇y ̘͔̬̖̺̳t͙͎̮h̠̪͎e̝̮̼̮͙ ͔̰̜̰u̪l̝̤̹͔̭̤̘t͈͎͔i̝m̘̱a̮̪͇̞̪̱t̻ͅe̩̤̤̹̦̬̱ ̼͕͇͙̰͚p̪r͓̱̖ic̤̤͇̜̰͔e ̥̳͕͚͖͈fo̝r ͈̭w͙̲̘̫̙̰̼h̭̙a̲t ̠̩͖h̼e̟̹͇ ͇̳h͚͕̭a̦̫̬̪̠̳s̬͇͙ ̠̙̙̗͓̯͕d̻̞o͕̲̦͕n̺̟̯͈̻̰̥e͙͈̣̘̩ ̱̱̦t͙̖̪͓o͓̮̟ ͔̦̺m̮̘̪̞̻y ̬͕̮̤̥s̝̝͉̳̘̖o̙̲̹̜͉n!͔̳̘"

Vegetto furrowed his silver eyebrows, unsure of utilizing the rage. His thoughts lamented the idea of using such a drive; afraid that the rage would consume him once again and lead to more destructive habits against the Breakers like before. Yet his core surged in response to such thoughts; as if guiding the Potara fusion that it would only empower him if he learned to use it like a true warrior, instead of letting it control him. Vegetto exhaled deeply, his fists tightening at the prospect finally.

"Fine, but only if we do whatever it takes to keep that rage focused solely on the King. The second we hurt a Breaker...I'm letting it go."

As he floated in mid air and was being pulled by the void, Vegetto's silver eyebrows suddenly twitched in frustration. The silver fire that normally would falter under such conflicting thoughts rose this time; a unified push from both the soul and body raising the power to extensively new heights as Vegetto let out a thunderous scream of rage of his own. The intense and dramatic surge of silver fire and energy rose in tandem with Spina's return to the world of the living. Two explosive surges of energy nearly overtook the cracking of reality itself; Vegetto's expansive silver fire like a light against the immense black darkness of Spina's new found power.

However, Vegetto did not see Spina's return nor understood the magnitude of whatever was behind his revival. With a blinding surge, Vegetto shot through the air towards the Red King first; the color of his skin and gi distorting while the silver fire retained its powerful glow and color against the Red King's attack. Reaching the Red King instantly, Vegetto punched directly into the orb; his fist struggling to break through the orb while he roared violently. He pushed forward with all he had; only stalemating with the attack until his peripheral vision caught the new arrival blasting forward. Only a brief look of shock could form on Vegetto's face before Spina blasted through the Red King; the immense and pure hatred behind the older Saiyan massively dwarfing whatever source of strength Vegetto drew on to attack.

The sheer force of it blasted Vegetto back, having been too close to Spina's impact and sending the Potara fusion flipping backwards through the air. Vegetto panted heavily, catching himself in mid air and staring down in awe not just at the return of the older Saiyan, but in concern of whatever he had become to return in the first place.

Panich and Bage watched in suspense as the combined attacks from the Breakers exploded one after another, completely engulfing the Red King's body in a fiery display. Bage shielded his eyes from the intense light and debris shooting out from the massive explosion. The battlefield went silent after Cuki attempted to end it with a final spear through the royal Xy'pher's core. The detective opened his eyes, first seeing Panich's face. She stood quietly, her eyes filled with shock and anger at what she had just witnessed. Bage turned back toward the Red King's final resting place and gasped, seeing Cuki on the ground by Vegetto's feet, struggling to pull herself up and challenge the King once more.

How could he still be standing after all of that!? The Saiyan man wondered.

Panich on the other hand was speechless, her breathing labored due to the intense anger she felt. Cuki was up and standing, she was alive, but seeing the arm on the ground only made her angrier. Unknown to her, the purple steam seeped out of her nose like a bull ready to charge. Bage turned back to Panich as she looked this way, staring at her in concern and confusion before being startled as she spoke up.

"Why won't you just DIE." She snarled, preparing another assault on the King. However, it was then that the black hole-like orb was formed, growing in size every second and pulling at the surrounding area. The warriors began to stumble a bit as they tried to keep themselves from being pulled into the massive gravitational pull. The princess however prepared herself to leap at the King. She had nothing to lose, she thought to herself. She was a Xy'pher already so the most that would happen is her shattering. It seemed logical so she jumped into the air, preparing to help Vegetto as he struck the King's core.

Just then a chill ran down both Saiyans spines as if death was imminent for the both of them. Panich was flung back to the ground as the impact of whatever sped by her knocked her out of the sky. And in the blink of an eye there he was, Spina had finally returned to the battle, landing a single dastardly blow to the King. The two warriors jaws dropped lightly at this immense power emitting from the older Saiyan leader.

"YES!" Berserk cheered, pumping her arms up and down watching Nia's dome light up. With Avalyde's missile-sized bullet hitting a bullseye, she was sure the Breakers had it in the bag. Seeing the Red King still standing even after that onslaught interrupted her celebration. "... No no NO! Can anything kill this guy!?" She exclaimed with a look of horrified shock. What occurred next was so fast that if one were to blink, they would have missed it.

From high in the air she saw the spear return in blinding speed, realizing it had taken Cuki's arm off. She hadn't so much as turned ninety degrees before she found herself being pulled down by something-- it was unfathomably stronger than any of the Gravity-wielding Xypher's attacks, and no resistance the Powerpunk was putting up stalled it. She was getting slowly pulled in with the others, and her body was being sapped of its vibrance. Berserk tried shouting for the others to grab something, but she couldn't find her voice at all-- it was like the Red King's void negated sound itself. Reaching out for Spawn's chain, she strained visibly to pull on them and keep them all from getting sucked in. Her panicked expression stared ahead, spotting something coming from the distance-- who, what was that?

"Grandpa...?"

The Red King continues his final assault. The Psychic Void, as he dubbed it, tore away anything in its path. Whatever colors left in its wake, vanished within. Upon Vegetto rushing in and slamming against his core, the Red King laughed manically, with assistance of May’s white hole grenade to cancel the effects of his attack.

“Foolishness!” Red King mocked the Potara fusion. “Struggle all you want, but my powers eclipsed beyond your comprehension! No matter what you do, my word is LAW. IT IS JUST! AND I SAY, YOU WILL DIE BY MY HAND!” As the psychic void reached critical point, tearing away the fabric of reality around the Breakers like glass. “DISAPPEAR INTO THE PSYCHIC VOID, AND BEAR WITNESSED IN YOUR DAMNED HEARTS THAT I, THE CREATOR GOD OF EVERYTHING, BESTED YOU! THE RED CREATOR—”

There was the sound of shattering glass. Not from the fabric of reality being torn apart, rather the Red King’s core itself. The Red King looked down at his chest, feeling the sudden rush of pain consuming his body.

The Psychic Void halted, and the disruption of reality ceased. The aftereffect of May’s grenade kicked in, reversing the destructive gravitational pull and freeing the Breakers from its grasp. The King remained motionless; he lowered his head to stare at his core, seeing not just a shattered mess, but a massive gap in his chest. He looked up in front of him and saw Spina with his fist raised and tiny crystal fragments. He attempted to say something. Yet, in any attempt to speak, he violently coughed out fragments. Moments after, the Psychic Void itself, thanks to Vegetto’s last ditch punch, exploded violently, flinging all the Breakers back.

It was a brilliant explosion. The colors in the vicinity had outright vanished, replaced with nothing more than black, white, and shades of gray. There were pieces of reality missing, forming solid black voids in its place. It leads nowhere; the pieces that managed to fly out were scattered about the area. It looked like a puzzle with pieces in all the wrong places.

When the dust finally settled from the epicenter, there lay the King, his core shattered. The only thing left of him was his upper torso and a single arm. The Xy’pher did not move, or struggle. He knew the battle was over.

“How did I… lose?” He gasped. “I am… the supreme being…”

“Looks like you weren’t as tough as you thought…” Nia said as she floated towards the King. Now that the gravitational force was gone, all the Breakers would walk and fly easily. “This is not our world anymore.”

“That… shouldn’t matter. I am the embodiment of perfection… No matter where I go, I am superior. All bow to me…”

“Well, that did not bode well for you, now, did it?” Nia smirked. “You are of no threat now. You lost. I sense not an ounce of psychic powers left in you…”

“…I lost.” The King said softly. “Is this… how it feels? What happens now?”

“You’ll die. Your core is shattered beyond repair. Even now, your physical body is nearly gone.”

“Heh… Well then, not all is a loss. I take you down as well.”

Nia remained quiet as she watched the King lift his only arm into the air. To the King, he was reaching to the Vortex Moon, trying to grab it in his hand. The familiar cracks started to show across his body, light seeping through them. The King stared at his cracking arm, not in fear, but curiosity and awe.

“My body is starting to glow… Even in death… I am beautiful.”

“Hmph, still full of himself even in death.” Cuki said using her spear as a walking stick. Her missing arm was sucked into the void, disappearing. “Right Master…?”

“Indeed.” Zenta said while he stepped next to Cuki. His wound was worse up close. Some shattered ribs, pelvis, and part of his spine were exposed. Any organs in that area were ripped to shreds or shifted around mid-fight by Zenta. Despite his gruesome wound, the beast kept his usual composure, clasping his arms behind his back.

“I wonder… how will the Breakers fight the creature beyond the moon? The one who… nearly took my mind…?” The King gasped, his cracks getting bigger and bigger until the light started to blind everyone. “I get it now… This fate bestowed on me… Death… Maybe… this world… is not my own… Maybe… I am… not…the su…pre…m…e…be…i…n…g…”

The King’s body exploded into a small tuff of smoke and dust before the same dust swirled around and condensed itself into a single Vortex Coin labeled “RED KING.” On one side was a picture of his core and the other, the physical form the Breakers first saw him in. The coin spun around on the ground before finally lying flat.

“It’s over.” Nia sighed as she reached over to pick up the coin. “I guess this is farewell?”

“Where are you headed to, Nia?” Zenta questioned.

“No where, once the King dies, all Xy’phers die with him.” The Xy’pher laughed. Around the Breakers, Xy’pher cores began to pop, releasing the Coin trapped within. Any Xy’her that was still alive during the fight would pop and disappear, freeing the Coin within. This applies to any Xy’pher created within the Reality Vortex. “Take care of this Coin and make sure it doesn’t fall into the wrong hands, Breakers.”

As Nia spoke, Panich’s body started to glow and instantly pop into a glitter dust, with a single coin at the bottom of the pile. Cuki’s face immediately morphed into horror as she pushed Bage out of her way and fell on her knees, gently cupping Panich’s Coin in her one hand. Her voice started to crack, and her nose sniffled.

“Pan-Pan… No… Please… don’t go.” Cuki gripped the Coin tightly against her chest, as if to hug it. “Don’t leave me…”

“Ah, yes. I should be next.” Nia cleared her throat. She did not seem scared to turn to a Coin. In a way, she knew that destroying the Red King would result in her death. “Farewell!”

Nia closed her eyes tightly. Several seconds passed and nothing happened. Long after the last ‘pop’ was heard, Nia remained. The Xy’pher opened one eye and seemed genuinely confused at the situation. After waiting nearly a full minute, Nia scratched the back of her head, blushing sheepishly.

“Uhh, I was supposed to die, so what gives?” Her eyes scanned the black and white surroundings. “Maybe… it applies to the Xy’phers made…here?” Nia looked at the Breakers as she held the King’s coin. “Well… uhh, what do you guys usually do to celebrate the death of a tyrant?”

Bara sighed of relief as she recovered from being flung back by the intensity of the explosion, resetting her body back with relative ease thanks to its unique composition, just in time to watch the other Xy'phers die.

"It's over..." she muttered.

May says in an experienced tone "Nia and Cuki, I should remind you that death is not permeant in the vertex. I don't know how long the red king or Pan-pan will take to revive but they will revive. O and I think all those counted as sapient or "free will" I think get coined. The rules of revival seem random to me."

May says as she starts to take out orbs in order to scout the doom castle "Knowing the brakers luck I will for now you can count it as over for now."

May says "That is something I kind of wish to know. So far, this victory does not seem as hollow as the doom fight's ending seemed. No one has suffered a as close as we know a perma-death and coined people all seem limited."

The detective dropped the chains, releasing everyone safely to the ground. Panting hard, he’d cringed at Nia’s questioning about celebrating. “You’re so damn awkward. There’s nothing to celebrate about.” He lost a few souls in the process and took heavy damage from that explosion, but he was still stable enough to move around. “The Detective Agency will take that Coin off your hands.” The hellspawn swipes the Coin from Nia without waiting for a response. “Considering his reputation, he won’t be coming back after a long time.”

Naturally, the Detective also notices Spina’s changed demeanor who returned to the battle in one-piece. But something is off about him. Once again, he appeared in a different state, but it doesn’t seem to be a transformation of some kind. More like a mutation in Spawn’s eyes. Spina, from his perspective, always seems erratic in his behaviors. From overly aggressive to passively towards others, Spina was inconsistent. Here, for the first time, Spawn felt some kind of stability in the old Saiyan. He felt… genuine rage oozing from that man.

“What?” Spina side eyed Spawn, lowering his left fist. His strange state did not disappear, seemingly a permanent look.

“Nothing.”

“Good.”

Detective Spawn felt uneasy and left it at that.

--

“Breaking one’s limits requires adaptation and more importantly, a sound mind. Fogs of egotism inhibited his evolution and he fell from grace.” Lucifer spread out his first set wings, while keeping Bernkastel safe in the comfort of his second set.

“Miss Lilith. Are you still in one piece?”

Lilith emerged from Lucifer’s shadow and nodded once. “Yes…” She was clearly injured due to the destructive power from the psychic void attack. She could barely stand on her two feet.

“You may rest now. I’ll handle things from here.” Lilith disappears as Lucifer takes flight. Heading towards the pocket area that was significant changed from Red King’s final attack. The moment he entered; all his colors were replaced with monochrome tone.

“Rather bleak but comforting. Reminds me of years after I fell from grace.” Lucifer landed near the Breakers. “An interesting battle,” he clapped. “Marvelous display of strength. A sluggish start, a dreadful ending, but you limped to the finish line. Someone undergoing Limit Break is a rare sight, and you Breakers managed to pull a victory.” The angel observed Spina but did not comment on it. As with the others, he’s in the dark about what’s going on with the Saiyan Leader. “Lest be a lesson; they who pride themselves hasten, blindly, their own demise.”

Lucifer noticed the string of injuries on the Breakers. “I’ll attend to your injuries. You are all very tacky; quite embarrassing.” With a single clap, all the Breakers were healed, and their energies restored. However, only the Breakers recovered: the Detectives, Vegetto and Cuki did not receive the angel’s healing powers.

Last edited:
Limping up to the gathering team after their recovery, Cayde held up Avalon around his shoulders by the arm while he walked. His mechanical voice rung out next after Lucifer, a pointed tone showing his clear disdain for the condescending remarks alongside a serious, genuine appraisal of everyone's performance.

"Yeah yeah, don't listen to that backseat driver. Point is...we won...and you guys fought like real guardians today! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise...not many people can say they killed a god and his entire army, you know."

The android glanced amongst the team for a moment, an uncomfortable expression forming as he watched Cuki and potentially Bage mourning the loss of Panich. Cayde shifted his stance slightly, uncomfortable yet doing his very best to avoid interfering with their mourning, but soon lifted his head towards Nia with a confident, salesman-like tone in his voice to answer her original question.

"Well, Nia...would you like to know what the most delicious food in the universe is?"

"It's over."

The words spoken by Brachi resonated with Vegetto as he floated high up in the air, the gleam of his silver hair and eyes glistening in the sunlight. With the Red King defeated and gone, reality began to slowly set in for the Potara fusion, who stared down at the gathering Breakers while praise was lauded their way. He looked on passively while the team conversed; his eyes watching Cayde brighten up in their presence and couldn't help but form a small smile of his own. Yet it quickly passed as Vegetto realized that he felt just as he was in the moment: an outsider looking in.

By his own hand and words, he had scorned the Breakers with viscous and terrible commandments. He had attempted to make them even bend their knees to his whims; perhaps for even worse reasons than the Red King because it was all in pursuit of misguided vengeance. In the end, the battle was a joint effort to defeat a common enemy and with that enemy gone, Vegetto felt he no longer deserved to be welcomed by the Breakers' company. The Potara fusion quietly lowered his head, a somber acceptance of his actions having the consequence as he thought to himself.

Sorry Clark...Cayde. I know you wanted better from me...but this is my best. Even after all this time...I could only help them a little bit...while they were the ones still saving me.

Vegetto stifled a small huff of amusement, a small smile forming as his silver eyes turned up towards the sky.

I get it though...now. Everyone was right...I am weak. And I was so scared of that truth...I still am a little bit...but I realize now that means I have so much more to do here. I get to be like that little guy who went from fighting in local tournaments...to challenging the gods.

Vegetto's silver eyes continued to stare down at the Breakers, a long exhale escaping his nostrils.

Thank you...Breakers..for saving me. When I leave...the last ember of that fruitless battle will die out. And at last...those old evils will finally be gone.

The Potara fusion slowly floated to the side, turning his back to the team below while he looked out over the horizon. Thanks to the Breakers, he was finally free from the chains that haunted him; his love for battle reignited in the optimism to become stronger once more. It was a mutual trade in his mind; his strength helped them win against the Red King while they gave him the chance to be whole once more. Now unburdened by his past, Vegetto looked out and began to think on his decision to leave not just the Breakers, but Clark and Cayde as well. It would be better for everyone, he rationalized, for him to leave now that there was no longer a powerful foe threatening them. To no longer take from others, and set out on his ambition to be better than what he was.

Yet he did not fly forward in a bright gleaming dash at the prospect, despite every rationalizing thought he entertained at the notion. Vegetto remained still; a pervasive point slowly kicking its way into his brain as he couldn't help but feel that he was repeating another problem of the past: running away. He narrowed his eyebrows, looking out into the distance again in realizing that the direction he wanted to go was not as bright and vibrant as the area he currently floated in. The dark storm clouds in the distance held a strange familiarity to them; the downpour of rain and the intense clouds masking what laid out in the distance he stared into. Instinctively he thought of how cold and decrepit it seemed, and his mind wandered immediately instead to what he wanted.

Warmth, and sunshine. The petty, yet vibrant bickering of the apartment. Laughter and food, surrounded by people trying to come together. People he did not know well, but an anchor held him there. Vegetto frowned as he reached up, lightly touching his right arm in an attempt to remember the smaller, feminine hands that used to cling to it in those moments. His head remained forward, but his silver eyes turned back down, longingly moving towards where the Breakers all gathered and conversed.

“He will come back, huh?” Nia turned to the Red King’s Coin in Spawn's hand. “Well, let’s make sure we’re prepared for it. I heard that those who did bad things take longer to come back. Hopefully, he stays as a Coin for a very long time.”

As the group was healed, Avalon began to stir from his unconscious slumber and flutter his eyes open. He turned to Cayde and looked around the battlefield, confused as to why everything was black and white. The questions will have to come later as he shifted himself to stand up without Cayde’s help. The ninja stared at his hands, opening and closing them.

I feel stronger… Sure, I’m tired as hell, but I feel… different.

“I’m guessing we won.” Avalon said. “For a second there, I thought I died.” He paused before staring down at the ripped shirt he had. In the middle was a hole, no doubt from the javelin the King skewered him with. “Ehhh, maybe I shouldn’t talk about it.”

“A noble act of courage, Avalon.” Zenta spoke up, his left side morphing back to normal from Lucifer’s healing magic. He then turned to Cuki and slowly approached her, placing a hand on her shoulder. However, as he petted her back, he felt that her arm was missing. “Cuki, are you hiding your arm?”

“No.” Cuki said while she straightened herself out and used her single arm to clean her face. “It was torn off by the King.” She lied.

“I see… Did Lucifer not heal you?”

“Guess not.” Cuki mumbled. “Doesn’t matter.”

A frown formed on Zenta's face. The way his student lied to him only confirmed several things in his head.

“Oh, hey! Cuki!” Avalon perked up when he heard Cuki's voice. “Hey, hold on!”

“What?” Cuki spat coldly.

“I just wanted to apologize.” Avalon took a step towards the youngster. “Look, I know we started off in the wrong foot, but I’m really sorry for sayin’ all those things to you and, uhh… nearly killing you.”

Cuki remained silent through Avalon’s apology, eyeing and tracing over Panich’s coin in her hand. While it seemed that she was not paying attention, she listened to every word from Avalon.

“…Listen, I was a jerk to you, so I understand why you might hate me, but I was waaaaay over my head. I stuck around with the Breakers and helped them out because I knew I’d eventually find you. I really wanted to apologize because, well, I was a total ass...” Avalon bowed his head to the youth. “I’m sorry, Cuki.”

There was a long pause from Cuki as she continued to fiddle around with Panich’s coin. Zenta turned his head to his student, silently waiting for her response. He felt anxious, fearing when—and what Cuki’s response might be. His ears immediately twitched the moment he heard her voice.

“It’s okay.” Cuki said gently. “Don’t beat yourself up over past mistakes.” She then turned to Avalon, giving him a smile. “Thanks for sticking with the Breakers.”

“Y-Yeah! We had our ups and downs, but they’re pretty cool! They can fly and shoot friggin’ laser beams!”

The way Avalon praised the Breakers brought a smile to Cuki’s face, and for once, she seemed…back to how they remembered her. However, as Cuki reminisced, a mist began to appear around her body as well as the area the Breakers were located in. By instinct, Cuki’s eyes rolled, and her lips pressed into a thin line. Zenta, on the other hand, let out a sigh, fully aware of who was about to make his presence. All the Beast did was walk to Bernkastel’s side and lift the Witch into his arms, cradling the female.

“Here we go…” Zenta muttered to himself.

“Ah, what nice things to say about the Breakers, little Avalon~! They are quite the spectacle, aren’t they?” Byakko teased, resting his chin on the top of Cuki’s head. The ladder swatted his misty hair away from her face.

“Well then, don’t you have something to say too, Byakko?” Cuki scolded. “Now’s a good time.”

“Ooh phooey, must I? I don’t feel ready…”

“You said you wanted to do it, right? What are you waiting for?” Cuki grabbed his chin and turned his face right to the Breakers. “Go.”

Byakko yanked his face away from Cuki’s grip, glaring down at her. The Divine Being stared awkwardly at the group before letting out a long sigh. His shoulders slumped as a slight pink hue flushed his face. Stubbornly, he pulled his chin up to hide the embarrassing blush.

“Well, if I must…” Byakko eyed each Breaker before taking a deep breath. “I’m sorry, Breakers.”

Zenta nearly dropped Bernkastel after hearing those three words come from Byakko, of all people. Byakko was not lying about it either, his apology was genuine. As the beast listened, Byakko’s posture became soft and his usual quick and sarcastic wit was silenced.

“I… I am sorry for my actions in the past. Don’t get me wrong, I am not a big fan of your actions—in fact, I absolutely detest you, but I should not have taken Cuki away from you. I just… didn’t want Cuki to get hurt. Your actions back then were so… reckless and irrational, yet Cuki saw nothing but light and joy in you. Like a puppy. I thought that if I took over her body, that she wouldn’t get hurt if you ended up abusing her trust, but, well…”

“My, my! An apology from the Being of Willpower?” Zenta said with a toothy smirk. “What an honor this is!”

“Shut your trap, or I’ll rip your teeth out one by one. My apology is not meant for you, it is for the Breakers. Do not speak to me, you vile, disgusting beast!” Byakko hissed. His calm and collected composure instantly became tense. His eyes narrowed, and his pupils turned into slits matching a cat’s eyes. All this from Zenta’s voice. “You disgust me… Of all the people to come to this realm, you had to be one… Hmph!”

“Whoa, whoa, Lord Byakko! Zenta’s cool too!” Avalon butted in, trying to defuse the tension. “No need to get… stressed.”

“As I was saying,” Byakko turned his back to Zenta as he lowered his head to bow humbly to the Breakers. “I am sorry for the confusion, strain, and grief my actions have caused you. However, please do not blame or look down on Cuki, her actions reflect primarily on mine… I simply wanted to protect her.”

What the hell happened before I got here? Seems like a mess… Speaking of mess… Avalon stared at Cuki’s state, noticing that she was one of the few who did not get healed. Her arm was missing, and it did not seem to be regenerating. I thought Lucifer healed us?

“Hey, what gives?” Avalon spoke up. “Lucifer, why didn’t you heal Cuki or Spawn? What gives? Playing favorites?”

Berserk stared over the horizon at all the Coins shining on the ground. "So this is how it feels to save the world from devastation?" She asked to nobody in particular. "It was a real adrenaline rush, I'll give ya that... but I dunno if I'd do this for a job on the regular." The delinquent caught a glimpse of Vegetto hovering up above the group, but saw he was clearly deep in thought about something. Examining his line of sight she slowly understood the silent hesitation. The conversation below was between the apparition she believed to be similar to Seilong, and so left the topic between Byakko and the original Breakers who had quarreled with him.

"It's not really my place," Berserk tilted her head to meet Vegetto's gaze, "But if you're gonna bail on 'em, the least you can do is tell them what happened to Gogeta. Or is that also too inconvenient?"

==============

Bernkastel was stirred awake from the racket Byakko was making towards Zenta. Slowly rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, the Witch took everything in-- the drastic change in surroundings, the silence around them, and all the Coins were a rather jarring contrast to what she saw before losing consciousness. Immediately her instinct was to look for Spina, staring at him intently from over Zenta's shoulder. Her blank expression softened the longer she took in the changes to Spina's appearance.

If I knew how to use it properly, I could've stopped it in time... I'm still too weak.

"...But you're alive." Bernkastel turned back to see the others. "Everyone is alive?" Staring straight at Cuki, the Witch almost couldn't believe it. There wasn't a trace of crystal on her. Worse for wear, certainly, but still alive. "So you were the one who escaped the castle... what a relief." Even though her emotions were heavily dampened and she was harsh on herself, Bernkastel was still able to feel relieved that additional casualties were prevented. "But wait... if you're alive, then who was the other captive?" She quirked a brow pensively before realizing Cuki's missing arm, as well as the Detectives were sporting heavier injuries; the others were pristine as could be. That wasn't how she remembered the state of them.

"... I may have missed something while I was out," Bernkastel concluded plainly.

In the blink of an eye the battle was over, Spina had returned, the Red Kings core was shattered and the void was gone. Bage could feel a sudden relief at finally seeing the Red King's coin, finally solidifying the end of the long battle. He watched in silence along side the Breakers and his fellow detectives.

Panich looked in the air along with the others, finally relaxing once the King was gone. Watching Nia pick up the coin she smirked, chucking at seeing the Red king reduced to a coin and nothing more. If she were her she'd find a way to destroy the pitiful thing once and for all. However, in her silent celebration, she had almost missed Nia explaining that once the King had gone, they would be next! Her attention shifted once she began glowing, and soon she realized she didn't have anytime to say goodbye to Bage or Cuki.

“Bage.” She called quietly, causing the other to instinctively turn his head from Nia. The Saiyan detective gasped slightly seeing the glow as she smiled softly at him. “See you soon. Take care of each other.”

The moment felt like it would drag on for an eternity, then without a moments notice her crystal body popped and all that was left was her coin.

Bage hesitated a moment, still processing Panich's sudden disappearance the message that was given to him. He finally attempted to reach for the coin but was shoved away by Cuki frantically diving for the coin herself.

Bage namely panicked, he had finally gotten to see her and now she was a coin in another person's hands other than his. The saiyan detective approached Cuki in an attempt to get the coin from her, but seeing her cupping it so carefully. He was starting to understand what Panich meant by taking care of one another.

He waited patiently as Byakko had finished his apology and Avalon seemed to scold Lucifer. Then he took this opportunity to sit with her.

“Hello Cuki. I know this may seem like a bad time for introductions but… I'm Bage, Panich's partner. I see that she was very important to you too.” He said with a somber smile, looking down at the coin in her hand. “I'm really glad she was able to make friends while I was gone for so long…”

Seeing Cuki holding the coin so close, it almost made the detective feel guilty for what he was about to ask her.

Vegetto froze in mid air at Berserk's comment, a slight stunned expression on his face at the notion that he completely forgot about Gogeta's death. He paused at the thought, thinking hard on the battle to recollect what happened and immediately frowned. The battle had unfolded due to his beliefs and thought processes, but in the end, it was Clark who dealt the final blow that killed Gogeta. He thought for a moment at that prospect; perhaps the Breakers would fully blame him for Gogeta's death if he explained it fully, but there was still a chance that Clark would be their target regardless. His eyes narrowed a bit, a determination clear in his expression for what he was about to do.

"Oh...right."

He turned back towards the Breakers, his gaze never once meeting Berserk's as he descended slowly down to the ground nearby. Only a foot away from the group, Vegetto exhaled slowly; the silver gleam on his hair and eyes vanishing into thin air. Standing still, the Potara fusion watched on while the others conversed and spoke, hesitant to break the topic and drop the news. Yet after a few seconds, Vegetto cleared his throat audibly, his dual voice ringing out strong through the air.

"Listen everyone...I know you heard the Red King say that Gogeta is dead."

Vegetto paused briefly, his determination still strong but faltering ever so slightly as he glanced down. His eyes soon shot back up, however, his eyebrows narrowing with a firm stance once he continued speaking.

"I killed him."

"Wait what?!" Bara asked, overhearing this while at the same time watching the others move about and do their thing, seeking out coins herself to salvage and seeing Bage and Cuki fretting about the coin that was Panich.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom