The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I knew it!" Bara growled, "you lot are really as stubborn as mules..."
Bara's hands were clenched into fists as she hopped back to avoid the body of the Dragon that was about to fall on her and the other Breakers. Seeing this abomination rise up and declaring itself now 'Red Emperor' was only serving to piss Bara off to no end.

At the warnings from both Bernkastel and Nia, Cayde tensed up at the signs. His eyes widened with a gasp once the red orb shot up from the ground, falling back on his side while the Red King shot up high into the sky with Spina in tow. He scrambled to his feet quickly, his head lifting up and watching the ominous expulsion of power. Cayde froze at the sight of Spina's two halves falling away from each other high in the sky, a sense of hopelessness overtaking him once the castle itself was hurled down at the team.

His attention snapped back to reality a bit once Avalon crashed into the ground, and Cayde quickly ran up to Avalon. Dropping to one knee, Cayde looked over the writhing Avalon with outstretched arms, unsure where to render aid.

"Kid! Get up!"

Vegetto's silver eyes lifted, watching on at the rise of the Red Emperor in the sky where he floated. He had barely finished righting himself from the subtle shove Spina made seconds earlier, and now stood by as the older Saiyan was seemingly killed in an instant. The relaxed and relieved expression he held had vanished entirely, his silver eyes narrowing back into the determined glare. His shoulders lifted slightly while his chest expanded, letting out a disappointed sigh. Another death, another Breaker killed before amends could be made; the failure was apparent to Vegetto once again. Yet all he could muster was that little sigh, the focused expression narrowing in at the descending castle while Avalon fell from the sky once the Red King dispatched him from stopping the incoming meteor of a castle. The silver ice swirled outwards around the Potara fusion; the pressure rising around the man as his power swirled. Yet the sensation of cold emptiness grew in tandem, like a black hole beginning to form. The silver spec of a Potara fusion then suddenly shot forward, the glinting light barely visible in comparison to the massive castle hurtling closer and closer towards the ground.

Vegetto grunted and grit his teeth with a tense expression once he dashed up to the castle; flames engulfing it from its increasing speed and trajectory towards the ground like a meteor. The Potara fusion flew down with the castle at its side for a moment, before suddenly stopping his flight and shooting out both hands. His white gloved fingers stabbed immediately into the walls of the castle, and with a heavy roar, the flight of the castle was stopped in its entirety just before it crashed down on top of the Breakers.

Vegetto grimaced with a strong glare trained on the castle itself, the intense flames from the descent still burning and nearly engulfing the man. Yet the silver ice expanded outwards; snuffing the flames around the Potara fusion as he twisted at his waist. The castle spun with Vegetto, his arms swinging the entire castle itself like a heavy club in an attempt to strike the newly transformed Red King with the building itself.

"HA!!"

May says as she jumps on one her orbs she had out "I gest I were a little too optimistic. Assuming that we would not have another round with the now 'Red Emperor' I forgot about your lot's luck wend it comes to fights." The orbs started to fly up to evade.

May takes out a fresh sniper rifle "lest hope he no longer has control over this hive that would be make things easer." May thinks "shood I go anti-dragon or keep with what works. For now what works."

Avalon stared at Cayde with blank eyes and no voice, but his expression was clearly one of pain. All the ninja could do was reach out to Cayde’s arm and pull himself up. Miraculously, his skin would begin to melt over his wound, healing it slowly. He clapped his hands together and a surge of water appeared from the ground beneath him, consuming him. It ripped away his skin and left him coated in a blue aura. His body looked entirely like a silhouette and the only detail visible on him were his blank eyes, his wisp-like hairs, and his Divine Markings.

Avalon turned to Cayde and said nothing before his body liquified and sank in between the crystal cracks. The ground under Cayde’s feet began to rumble until he was entirely engulfed by a torrent of water that went into the sky. Another water dragon formed, this one having a mechanical appearance and a single horn on its forehead. On the tip of the horn rested Cayde while Avalon was inside the Dragon’s chest, controlling the movements.

“Water style! Shining Ao’Mizuryu: Cayde!” His dual voice echoed. “Gunslinger!”

The Dragon released a mighty roar before jabbing its hands into its chest and pull out two guns identical to Cayde’s. Cayde's ankles were held in place by water snaking around them, while two liquid tendrils wrapped around his arms. Every move he made with his arms, the dragon copied.

"Work with me... Cayde." Avalon said.

As the castle was pushed back, the King held out his arms and felt himself getting pushed back, yet, he did not seem alarmed. The castle began to slow down to a stop inches before it touched the Emperor. Suddenly, the castle moved back, much faster than before, crashing right on Vegetto with a mighty force. The castle and Saiyan fusion crashed onto the floor where the King would lift the castle up and slam it back down on Vegetto, digging the fusion deep into the crystal earth.

“Is that all it took to stop you? Weak…” The Red Emperor snarked before throwing the castle directly at May and Bara. He held a hand out, charging up a psychic blast and firing it at Vegetto. “WEAK!

As the blast got closer to Vegetto, Cuki stopped it with the blade of her spear. She struggled to push back, but with a mighty yell, her spear swung upwards, slicing the orb in half. One half flung right by Bernkastel, Berserk, and Zenta, but the other one exploded by Panich, Bage, and Spawn, sending them flying across the area. Panich and Bage were separated, crashing through mountains of crystals and jagged fissures, while Spawn was stuck in the scarlet flames that melted the crystal ground.

Cuki’s body trembled slightly at the strength she displayed before turning to face Vegetto. Her eyes, empty and cold, struck a feeling of isolation within the Fusion, as if seeing right through him.

“Get up and fight.” Cuki’s cruelness sparked out. “Or is that all you got?”

“Hey, hey!” Detective Spawn shouted at Nia. “I thought you said he didn’t have any transformations or secret power?!”

Before he could say any more, Spawn crossed his arms at the upcoming psychic blast. Tanking the hit, he flung across the land until he crashed onto a crystal. “Shit...” He struggled, cursing underneath his breath. He noticed that his feet were sinking under the molten crystals underneath; it broke down due to the intense heat from the scarlet flames that surrounded the hellspawn.

“Damnit…” Spawn wipes the blood from his mouth. “I have no time for this. Get out of here…” He forwarded both arms, causing the cloak that receded to his back to spread out like demonic wings. His entire body, from head to toe, was covered in a black suit; chains formed around his body tightly and a skull insignia appeared on upper torso.

With a sweep of his hand, Spawn blew away the flames. “Thank you, K7-Leetha.” He stood up, albeit still hurt from tanking that earlier blast in his human state. “No time to worry about that. Spina’s down. And everyone got separated… If I must be pushed to use that…” He shook his head and kept focused.

Spawn dashed forward, easily covering the distance between himself and the Red Emperor. Upon reaching the evolved king, he dashed around as his cloak expanded wide. Barrage of green energy bullets released from within, firing at the emperor at all sides.

==

Lucifer observed the Red King’s strange state he took in. “That’s his answer… Lilith. Assist the Breakers. They’ll need the help.”

Lilith nodded. She jumped off the hill and rushed towards the ragged battlefield.

“Let’s see if you can truly adapt to this world.”

"Change of plans-- we have no plan, so here's the new plan: don't die and don't do stupid stuff to die. Right? Right." Berserk said, glancing down to Bernkastel while Vegetto and Lilith left to help fend off the Red Emperor. "Can you move?"

"No... Not for a while... Tricking him took all I had," Bern replied with her eyes shut. Every sound hammered her skull.

Berserk scowled, trying to come up with a makeshift strategy. "He's only using ranged attacks so far but there's no way he'll let us get that close again. We'll just have to bide our time and look for openings. For now, you rest. I'll help cover from the air--" Berserk stopped mid-sentence, seeing May and Bara were about to get hit by the castle that the Red Emperor regained control of from Vegetto's grasp. The Powerpunk picked Bernkastel up and tossed her in Zenta's direction, who put up no resistance due to being so exhausted. "Zenny, catch! I dunno what we're gonna do, but--" Dashing off to close the distance, Berserk appeared right behind the two women and thrust out her hands to fire two red plasma beams at the castle. She fired her eye lasers next for a total of four beam attacks at the castle to either slow down the projectile or destroy it into separate fragments. "Whatever the next move is, everyone STICK TOGETHER!" She shouted. I say that, but I'm talking out of my ass! This is way out of my element!! Even so, Berserk wasn't going to go down without a fight.

The sheer danger that was represented now made something snap in Bara. With a ferocious scream, she began to power up, feeling that she had to go all out and call up on every last bit of strength she could muster. Whether it was fear, frustration, anger or outright desparation, no one could say for sure, but a fierce gust of wind emanated from the Majin, shielding May and Berserk from any debris momentarily, while the shockwave would also help in pushing back in the castle to at least try to either slow it down or alter its course to make it land away from others harmlessly, using the gusts of smoke that the debris made from the landing to conceal the group as a whole, wanting to make them capitalize on the sudden smoke screen.

As the smoke and steam around Majin Bara cleared however, there was something different about her now. Appearance-wise, she did NOT change in terms of overall body shape; she did not change into a female version of Kid Buu, nor did she outright absorb someone, even though she DID have that ability, but refrained from using it for now. What WAS changed was that her muscles were now slightly bigger, but even that was barely notable until someone would be up close. The biggest change however was within Bara's eyes. They retained the red irises she always had, but the sclera had gone from black to white.

Merely seconds after she appeared in this form, Bara opened her mouth wide and unleashed a massive energy wave from it, directing it towards both the Castle as well as the Red Emperor. This was by no means a way for Bara to divert attention away; she was fully focused on bringing this monster down once and for all, and she would NOT stop until the Red Emperor had fully embraced the taste of defeat, and admit that he had lost.

May starts to shoot as she gets near to the king. She changes guns to an assault rifle in order to keep up a good rate of fire. the rounds are semilunar to the rounds she first used for the sniper rifle rounds she fired at the king before.

May says "So the normal shit for you all got you." May think "somehow I shood seen this coming. Knowing the strangeness of the vertex it should been a given that the king would get a mutation." May says "Nia I think the emperor mutation may let some those Xy'phers to fight him so start convincing." May thinks "I do not know what effects the mutation the xy'phers but that a concern after we win."

At the sound of the explosion, Panich and Bage both turned their heads quickly toward the Red Emperor's outburst. They looked up at the sky as it changed to the entire doom castle was lifted into the air, and both Saiyans expressions turned one of shock. “Shit! We completely forgot about the fight! The King doesn't look like himself..! Just what the hell happened!?” Panich asked. She turned to Bage who seemed to be shocked about another occurrence. Spina. He couldn't feel his energy anymore! The detective feared the worse but then turned his attention back to Panich.

“The King was supposed to be fragile! The final attack after he was caught off guard should have been the end of it.” Bage told her. What could have happened? Did they not hit his core? How was he able to come back stronger like this? “He was still alive after they attacked him!”

“Looks like Saiyans aren't the only ones who can come back from the brink of death like that, just great.” The crystalized Saiyan princess huffed sarcastically. “We've got to get there now-”

“LOOK OUT!” Bage warned as he sensed the attack came right for them, unfortunately, it was too late to stop the explosion that blasted both Bage and Panich away. The two were flung in opposite directions, both flying and crashing into the large crystal mountains.

The crystalized Saiyan princess rose to her feet, seeing how far off she had flown from the action. With her Xy’pher body, the impact of the crash wasn't painful at all. Though she was thrown pretty far and all from the blast landing near them. She searched around for Bage, her face had worry plastered all over to make sure he was alright. Soon her eyes locked on the Red Emperor's glowing presence in the sky. She growled ferociously, glaring down the tyrant and with her newly returned power, she powered herself to super Saiyan 4 and shot herself off of the side of the mountain into the sky heading directly for him.

Bage groaned in pain as he pulled himself out of the crater. He looked toward the battlefield which he was now very far from. And all that just from half of his attack landing near them! This wasn't good at all. The Saiyan detective narrowed his eyes, a new determination in them as he jumped into the sky to help the others fight.

Panich sped through the air, inching closer and closer to the Red Emperor. She scanned the sky, noticing Spawn, someone that looked like Gogeta and… Cuki! They were all taking on the Red Emperor themselves while some others she assumed were the new Breakers holding back the Doom castle projectile. After analyzing the battle as she flew, she focused her narrowed eyes on the Emperor once again.

“RED KING!” She roared through the sky, jumping through Spawn's bullets, firing her own blasts as she rushed forward to land a powerful punch on the Emperor.

The detective flew fast to get back to the fight, and couldn't take his eyes off the giant castle that was launched at Bara, May, and Berserk.

“Sorry for making you all put in extra work for my slip-up. But I'm back!” He quickly landed behind the three girls and hesitated a moment, thinking of a way he could help keep the castle from crashing into them. Bage took a big deep breath, before raising his power to God level. His ki began to pour out and he lifted his arms up toward the castle, a large pink veil force field appeared underneath the castle and helped the other blasts push the large meteor back to delay its landing.

“He’s supposed to be dead! I’ve never seen this before! It’s like he’s… evolved!” Nia shouted before being blasted away by the psychic blast that hit Spawn. She dug herself out of the rubble and quickly noticed Spawn launch his counterattack.

I don’t get it! This isn’t supposed to happen! The King should be dead, and all the Xy’phers along with him! What the hell is going on? Nia briefly looked up at the moon before biting her lip. Could it be that this world… is a playground for something much higher? Everything we’ve grown accustomed to is flipped and warped in this world, no, this realm. If that’s the case, then is this the power the King is capable of but never achieved because no one was there to push him?

The Red Emperor stared down at the castle, using his psychic powers in an attempt to crush May, Bara, Bage, and Berserk, however, his concentration was broken from Spawn and Panich’s attacks. He took the barrage of bullets and energy blast until he held out his hand, stopping each bullet aimed at him first. The Emperor then waved his hand and fired the barrage back at Spawn, riddling his cape with hundreds of holes, however, when Panich struck his face, his concentration broke again. He flew backwards and stopped himself midway through before holding his hand out at Panich, stopping her in her tracks. Pieces of his crown were missing thanks to Panich’s punch.

“Ah yes, Atomic Flare! One of my better Elites! Such a shame you have been reduced to this!” The Red Emperor boasted. “You dare use this power I blessed you with against ME? YOUR CREATOR?!” Panich’s crystal body started to crack and chip off as the King applied more pressure on her body. “I will turn you to dust!”

For a while, Nia could not move, mostly from the shock of seeing the King’s newfound power and transformation. All she could do is remember the fight she had with him, but no matter what she did, it would not affect the outcome of this fight. Then her eyes widen at a sudden realization.

“If he can break his limits, then so can I!”

She quickly noticed Panich in peril and shot herself up to the King. She slammed onto the King with her barrier, freeing Panich from his death grip. The Emperor crashed onto Spawn before using him to push himself back to Nia and Panich.

“Two traitors! Such disgusting creatures! I will gladly dispose of you BOTH!”

The Emperor’s robe-arms shot out and clasped together. Panich and Nia would slam onto each other thanks to an invisible force, unable to move. Nia’s cheek hit Panich’s as they were held together by the psychic powers. The Emperor’s eyes sparked when he noticed Bernkastel unconscious and quickly flew down towards the area, still holding some of the bullets Spawn fired and the two girls.

As Berserk tossed Bernkastel, Zenta caught the Witch in his arms, cradling her body close. For a moment, all he could do was stare at her, wondering how Bernkastel managed to conjure up the illusion, and if she was also responsible for the Lady in the Dress back in the manor.

Lady Bernkastel…

Zenta’s attention quickly shot up when he noticed the Emperor flying right at them. He tossed Bernkastel into the air and allowed his tails to wrap around the Witch and pin her to his back. The Emperor flung Panich and Nia at the floor, dragging them across before firing them directly at the castle. Nia’s eyes squeezed shut as she managed to create a powerful barrier around herself and Panich. Both girls crashed through the castle walls and landed on the other side. The force of the girls ramming through the castle shifted its direction, causing it to slow down as it approached Berserk, Bara, May, and Bage.

However, the Red Emperor floated between Zenta and the others and shot his hands towards both groups, firing the rest of Spawn’s bullets at the two. The bullets flew towards May, Bage, Bara, and Berserk, striking each of them. Bara was turned to Swiss cheese by how many holes were in her body. May was struck in the leg and chest, Bage’s back and chest were hit continuously, while Berserk was struck right in the eye. Zenta, on the other hand, used his hands to deflect as many bullets as he could, trying to fire them right back at the Red King. His hands were a blur while his feet dug into the ground.

“I will protect Bernkastel..!”

“You will protect no one, dog!”

Last edited:
Majin Bara merely grunted as the bullets did turn her into 'Swiss Cheese', but this was a mere inconvenience for her. She immediately retaliated by breaking off some pieces that got loose from her and, after solidifying them, she sent them towards the Red Emperor along with some debris, with some of the pieces forming into tiny sawblades to cut into the Emperor, while the rest of her reassembled itself to put her back into action. Seeing the spent bullets, she quickly turned those bullets into small candies using her Transfiguration Beam and devoured them in seconds flat as a quick snack in an effort to revitalize herself, knowing that she had to give it her all.
"You won't get rid of me THAT easily, fool!" She thought, "Brachi would have your head on a platter for this!"

Detective Spawn crossed his arms just before the Red Emperor redirected the volley of energy attacks back. “His senses are sharper than before.” He overheard May proposing that a mutation seemingly occurred with the Red King. “Mutation… it is possible that…”

Before Spawn would put any more thought on the matter, the Red Emperor crashed onto him. Tumbling back once more, he managed to stop himself midair. “Ah…” The hellspawn panted heavily; his body and cloak were riddled with holes from the redirect attacks.

“Firing energy blasts seems ineffective.” Spawn reached for his pockets. “Close range it is…” He pulled out a giant green blade on one hand, and brass-knuckles on the other.

--

A shadow of Zenta suddenly morphed erratically until it emerged from the ground. Revealing to be Lilith, she raised her hands above Zenta’s shoulders. “Maziodyne…” A surge of electricity fires from her hands, colliding against the numerous energy bullets. It resulted liter the sky with sparkling particles in between Red Emperor and Zenta, Lilith and Bernkastel.

Lilith pressed herself on Zenta’s back; a giant snake slithered around his torso until it reached the top of its head. Its snake eyes expanded; its pupils become pitch black. “Megidola.” The flinging particles from the collisions expanded greatly. So much that it violently exploded.

--

Seeing the string of violent explosions erupt in front of the Red Emperor, Spawn rushes forward. “Don’t bother with energy attacks! As long his mind is focus, he’ll redirect it!” Slamming one foot against the ground, it provided enough power to push himself high in the sky to reach the Emperor. Cocking his right hand back, he forwarded straight to the Red King’s back; the brass knuckles sent devastating shockwave when connected. He followed up with two strikes from his green blade from his left in attempt to slice his legs off.

The rapid redirection of the swing caught Vegetto by surprise, his silver eyes widening slightly in time for the massive structure to slam into him. Having disappeared from sight for a moment, Vegetto laid in the ground with his arms outstretched, his expression contorted and his eyes shut from the pain while red scratches littered his face and exposed skin. He recollected his senses in time to witness the volatile blast of psychic energy flying his way, bracing for impact.
Yet the explosion itself rung out at two different locations; Vegetto lowering his guard once he sensed the eruption at his left and right. His eyes landed on Cuki the second she spoke, and despite the cowardly display earlier, the cold stare was met in kind. The cowardly fear and intense ego that had plagued Vegetto before still resonated a toxic presence about him; a cold darkness that could be felt. However, a different pair of eyes seemed to meet hers than before and the cold fear within replaced with an empty void. Even as Vegetto lifted his lips into a confident smirk and stared back at Cuki with the determined silver eyes, the Potara fusion's expression was as hollow as the sensation that could be felt within him.

"Sorry, I'm not used to this yet."

Vegetto rose up from the small crater to his feet, taking a moment to roll his shoulders. The scratches covering his skin gradually began to disappear while his energy flourished; the silver gleam radiating in his pupils while he exhaled deeply.

"Ah...that's better."

The silver eyes turned back towards Cuki once he finished his light stretching, his arms at his sides.

"Lead the way."

Cayde blinked with wide eyes as he floated within the water horn of the mystical dragon. The android rotated as best he could, trying to look over the giant creature he was within while Avalon spoke to him.

"Oh my cotton socks..."

The android tested his arms, swinging his arms around with a small, satisified chuckle.

"I've always wanted to be the Dragon Warrior."

Just as the man suddenly flicked his wrists, aiming the two hand cannons down towards the Red King in an exaggerated pose, Cayde stopped in place once he saw the Red King redirecting Spawn's hailstorm of bullets onto the team. He grimaced a bit, furrowing his brow before his eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

"Hey kid, can you give me some exploding water ammo? Let's see if the Red Emperor can handle blast radiuses as good as he does bullets."

May fell off the orb and got up. She thinks "If not for my body armor that would suck. So he got my leg on the way down." May ordes "orb 445 give me a lift I got a dragon to beat." May got on orb 445 and orb 445 starts to move toads the Red Emperor."

As she takes trads her gun for a trench shove with runes on it. May says "Nia think less and do something we got a dragon to slay." May says turning torts the king and says "This is coming from that form another craftsman ..." As she slams the shovel in the face of the king "you are shit at inspiring loyalty or devotion in your creations that are capable of thought." May thinks "Head in the game May can't get distracted on thinking about your creations." May gets ready for whatever the dragon is going to do as she keeps waking with her shovel.

Berserk shut her eyes, crying out before pressing a hand to the one that was struck by the rain of bullets. Temporarilyhalted from using her lasers, the Powerpunk's vision blacked out for several moments. The pain came in burning waves, which led to a small stream of profanity coming from her mouth. "Shit...! We all still standing?!" she called out, trying to stabilize her breathing before cautiously opening the uninjured eye. The other was just a mass of red streaming crimson tears down her cheek.

"Grandpa would just say we oughta hit him harder... but how?" Berserk wondered what they'd do if the Emperor was just going to keep throwing things back at them. She went back to blasting her lasers to break up the remainders of the castle as it collapsed from Panich and Nia going through it. The sight of Bage's dome and Nia's barrier made the gears in Berserk's head turn. "Hey Bage, I think I know how you can make up for your lame lateness! You can make stuff outta energy too, right? What if we make big weapons out of ours like that old granny Roya's giant club? He's only as free as the space around him-- maybe we can force him to choose between getting bonked and fending off whoever moves in to hit him directly. It'll be like a really intense game of whack-a-mole and baseball!"

Panich went to follow up her first hit with a barrage but was stopped mid-air by the Red Emperors' psychic powers. She grunted as the force yanked her into a still position, listening to the reprimanding. "Heh, blessed me with? Don’t make me laugh! Don’t mistake you playing house as me being any kind of subservient to you!" She chuckled, smirking a before she continued. Though… You're right about one thing… being reduced to a piece of glorified rock candy like you is pretty shitty."

She cringed as her body began to crack under the pressure of the psychic powers. She tried her best to push against the pressure, but just as she nearly thought this to be the end of her, the pressure was lifted as Nia slammed herself into the royal Xy’pher. Panich managed to keep herself in the air as the Emperor was pushed back, but the freedom was short-lived as the Saiyan princess was crushed against Nia and dragged all over the battlefield. Panich shut her eyes as they were dragged into the dirt below, and finally braced herself as they were thrown directly at the castle. But as they came out through the other side, she opened her eyes to see that the two of them had been saved by Nia’s barrier. As they crash-landed, Panich turned to the Xy’pher girl, confused at first but grateful for her effort.

“Thanks for the barrier. You still able to fight?” She asked Nia as she rose to her feet, preparing to rush in for another assault on the Red Emperor.

Bage continued pushing against the castle, feeling that it had grown lighter from something crashing into it, he used this chance to use his barrier to turn the breaking-down castle’s trajectory completely, shifting his weight to turn the giant ki plate above. Just as he turned to push further, he cried out at the sudden blasts hitting him directly in the back and chest. He coughed violently as the air in his lungs escaped him. The pain he suffered caused him to kneel down, almost curling into himself completely. If it had not been for Berserk breaking down the giant meteor, he would not be able to hold the mass off for very much longer. Bage panted and held his chest with one hand, noticing the blood printing itself on his hand and clothing.

The detective turned to Berserk as she called out to them, his eyes widened slightly at seeing her eye bleeding as heavily as it did. “Barely… but yeah…!”

He turned to glare at the Emperor before Berserk called him specifically to relay her plan to him. And overhearing Spawn suggesting close combat, he understood what Berserk wanted to do. Dividing the Red Emperor’s attention to land a solid hit. “I think I like the sound of that.” He smirked through the pain in his back. “We’ll make sure he doesn't get a second to breathe.”

The multitude of violet, vivid explosions caused the Red Emperor to turn away from sight. Thick clouds of smoke engulfed the area. The Red Emperor’s head shot back and forth, trying to see where the next attack would come from, until a surge of power came from him. The scarlet aura oozed from his body and leaked into his empty eyes. His head turned to the right, sensing something coming his way.

“Blinding me… Futile! I grow stronger by the second! I can sense your attacks now!”

Saw blades and debris launched by Bara swirled around, heading towards the Red Emperor. Quickly, the Red Emperor halted the attack with a mere sight. His eyes locked onto Bara beyond the thick clouds. “Found you. Die—”

May slammed her shovel against the Red Emperor’s face; he flung back as several crystals chipped away. His lack of concentration was lost, and the saw blades continued in their bout. It slashes around the Red Emperor’s body repeatedly. One of the saw blades managed to cut off his robe, turning it into a shredded mess. “Arghh…!”

The Red Emperor attempt to retaliate, but Spawn jumped from behind and slashed him repeatedly. He was unable to react in time and lost his legs from Spawn’s onslaught. The Emperor fell to the crystal floor and gasped, feeling the pain of having a piece cut off from him for the first time. For a moment, he laid there, twitching and shaking in pain, until the same scarlet aura that leaked from his body wrapped around his waist. It began to morph and form two legs for the Red Emperor, however, these legs were not solid. Instead, they looked like wisps or flames. Under fire, Red Emperor once again felt a surge of strength boiling from within. The stress of being bombarded with attacks awakens a new power. “Enough!”

The mighty emperor roared, releasing a powerful shockwave of psychic energy to destroy Bara’s attacks, and blow May and Spawn back. The same aura that gave him legs, wrapped around his back and burned away the remains of his robe. New flame-like arms appeared on the King, as well as a longer, more graceful robe.

Panting hard, the Red Emperor realized that something truly had changed within in. He lifted his new arms and clenched his fists. He was displaying abilities that he had never done before. “My diamond… shines….!”

A surge of power swirled around his eyes rapidly. Soon enough, the Red Emperor lifted his head towards the sky and fired an elegant red beam from his eyes that can be seen across cities in this domain. Quickly lowering his head, the Red Emperor focused on both May and Spawn as residue from the beam sneered away. Red Emperor let out a battle cry, firing a massive red energy beam towards May and Spawn.

“Burn!”

The beam sliced through everything, even his crystal floor, like butter, and it left the ground charred and burned. The castle was cleanly sliced in half, as well as the hills and mountains off in the distance. As he turned to Bara and Spawn, the beam shot through Bara, slicing her arms off. Spawn’s leg would fall to the floor, along with half of his cape. Both Spawn and Bara felt a horrible burning sensation that pulsed through their bodies. Even if they were to regenerate their missing limbs, the burn would slow it down.

“Thank you.” Zenta lowered his hands. He noticed the fur on his hands were charred, but slowly regenerating. “Lilith, please take Lady Bernkastel to Lucifer. I fear that she will become a burden during battle if the Red King continues to zero in on her.” He didn’t wait for an answer as he handed Bernkastel to Lilith and ruffled both their heads.

Zenta dashed forward, heading to the location where Red Emperor is targeting May and Spawn. Sensing a powerful energy beam coming his direction, he hops above the beam, barely getting the tips of his tails. As the Emperor focused on Spawn and Bara, he then turned to May. As Zenta closed the gap between him and the Xy’pher, it gave him enough time to leap directly into the line of sight between the blast and May.

Forwarding both his hands, Zenta let out a shout. In an elegant display of hand motions, the beast managed to redirect the blast. Zenta launched his palm up towards the Emperor’s chin, whipping his head back violently and pushing the blast up towards the sky. The clouds parted and colors wildly danced in the sky, like an aurora. Zenta quickly jumped back so that he was next to May and Spawn.

“Spawn, take left! May, take the right! I will take the front!” Zenta took a stance and rushed the Red King.

“You Breakers are oozing with arrogance! A great offense to an Emperor!” Red Emperor boasted. Cracks became more apparent throughout his body; his aura-like flame flickered through these cracks. “Burn where you stand!” Red Emperor released numerous energy beams from his body across the area.

Nia was a bit shaken, never seeing this side of the King. Everything she knew about the Emperor had been proven wrong. A new power awakened, never seen when she fought him. Even when she defeated him, she could not understand why his strength was different from back home. As far as she knew, this was a new enemy.

He’s doing things I’ve never seen before. Her eyes narrowed. This isn’t… supposed to happen. This isn’t what I remember! Was the King always capable of this, or were there higher forces at play…? This world has done something to him, but what? Nia stared at her hands for a moment. And if it affected him, did it also affect us as well?

She shook her head to snap out of her thoughts after Panich called out to her. “Yeah, I’m fine. I’m at a loss of what to do here. I managed to defeat the Red King with the efforts of my friends. But here… he’s somehow vastly more powerful and determined than ever. I think… we can’t win this…” Nia took a step back. “W-We need to run.”

However, something stopped her. When she noticed Panich ready to continue her fight, she froze. For a moment, she saw herself in Panich’s shoes, ready to strike the King back in her universe. She was stunned but, in a way, knew that she had to continue fighting. She did not know why, but this fight was igniting something deep within her. All she could think about was stopping the Emperor. Taking in a shaky breath, Nia exhaled all her fears away as she floated next to Panich.

“You know… you remind me a little of myself back home, a rebel. Sorry for being a coward just then,” Nia chuckled and held out her hands to create a barrier around her and Panich. “Let’s go kick some ass! I’ll protect you while you get close! Aim for the diamond on his chest!”

"You better get used to it," Cuki said to Vegetto, her voice was harsh and bitter. "I won't save you twice."

Cuki slowly turned to Vegetto, her eyes were empty and dark like a void. The girl he knew was still there, walking aimlessly alone and in the abyss, silent. Her eyes were dull, almost glazed over and dead, unblinking as she never broke eye contact with Vegetto. It was as if she was desperately trying to remember something and see through the haze she was stuck in. After what felt like an hour, the corner of her lips rose into a genuine smile and her voice trailed into a familiar, gentle tone. Even Byakko rose a brow at Cuki's sudden change.

"But for now, let's work together, just like the good times, Pineapple-Head."

Cuki then turned her attention to the Red Emperor and flew towards him as he remained distracted by the others. She flew behind him, catching him off guard and jabbed her spear directly on his back. Cuki dragged him across the floor, leaving behind a large, jagged trail on the crystal ground. As she came to a stop, the youngster lifted her spear in the air with the Emperor and slammed him repeatedly on the ground, trying to shake him off her spear. However, before she could continue, Cuki froze in her spot and slowly lifted into the air with the Emperor.

The Emperor pointed a finger directly at Cuki as he balled his other hand into a fist. Psychic energy began to swirl around his hand as it vibrated with raw power. The Emperor curled his finger and pulled Cuki as mach speed towards him as he shot his arm forward directly on her stomach, sending the woman flying back to the ground. All the air in Cuki's lungs quickly left as the punch send a shockwave behind the girl, destroying the ground. Cuki's body was in the center of a crater, coughing and gasping for air. Yet, despite the hard hit, Cuki steadily rose to her feet and ran out of the ditch, still coughing.

"Damnit..." Cuki grunted. "That one hurt..."

"Looks like he's getting cocky now." Byakko rolled his eyes towards the Emperor who stared at his fist.

"Ohoho! Now I can hit back with my fists!" The Emperor cackles as he turned to Zenta who rushed him. "I now have the fist of a GOD! Come, fight me!"

Cuki's spear was still stuck on the Emperor's back.

Avalon remained quiet as Cayde spoke, almost as if he had zoned out. For a moment, his hands twitched, and his shoulders slumped, but the ninja remained unresponsive as he slouched over, and his entire body went limp. He floated inside the water dragon, almost as if he had drowned, and the dragon did not budge an inch.

"I... I can't control this power..!" Avalon grunted

"You need to apply everything you have been doing thus far." Seilong said

"W-What do you mean?"

"You have use the strengths of others to improvise; now you must be the wave of power they need to push back. Don't panic. Don't doubt yourself." Seilong reached his hand out from his robe and leaned over to scoop a handful of water from the ground. The water began to morph and took the shape of a bowl. The Being then lifted his other arm over the bowl as water fell from the inside of his sleeve and onto the bowl. "As water shapes itself to the vessel that contains it, you can adapt yourself to any circumstance."

For a brief moment, Avalon stared at his hands and clenched his fists tightly before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.

"Once you take this step, you will be able to enter Divine State."

"Divine State..?"

"A state in which your energy will mix with those around you, including myself." Seilong paused briefly. "In your current state, you will tire easily, and even receive backlash from stronger entities, such as myself or the Red King. The more you practice this, the easier it will be for you to enter this state. Once you've mastered it, our minds will be one."

"Well... how do I even start?"

"You can start by allowing your mind and body to relax so your energy can escape and mix with the closest person to you..."

Avalon's lifeless body began to move into a sitting position where he pressed both his fists together. His slowly closed his eyes as he let out a long breath, releasing bubbles inside the water dragon. He continued to do this until his breaths got shorter and be started to releasing air from his nose. Once there were no more bubbles coming out of Avalon after every breath, his body was entirely relaxed. The Divine Markings on Avalon's face started to glow as more started to form on his body. From these mysterious markings, energy began to leak.

Focus... Focus...!

Traveling within the water Dragon, Avalon's energy shot up towards Cayde. Once his energy touch Cayde's, his energy reacted violently before bursting out to consume the dragon from the inside. The eyes of the dragon lit up, each pupil matching one from Cayde and the other from Avalon. The barrels of the guns began to change color, heating up, and creating steam. In a similar fashion to Cayde, the Dragon spun the guns on its fingers. It was as if the dragon was a result of both Cayde and Avalon's energy. It came to life, being its own person! One that belonged to Cayde and Avalon.

"Exploding bullets? I like the way you think!" The Dragon spoke. "By the way, name's Avalyde! I'm the summoning between Avalon and Cayde!"

Avalyde spun one gun with ease as he fired a bullet directly at the Emperor. The bullet exploded into a massive pillar of water that shot the Xy'pher into the sky. Another bullet followed but the Emperor slapped one away from him, sending it flying towards the sky, where it exploded into a massive ball of flame and water. The water that fell turned to heavy rain, drenching everything around it, however, the shockwave of it seemed to disorientate the Red Xy'pher. The Emperor was quick to regain his senses and used his psychic powers to push himself back to the ground where he glared towards the newly born Avalyde. It was hard to tell if he was disgusted or confused.

The King shot his hand towards the castle and lifted it up, shooting it towards Avalyde, Cayde, and Avalon, while he regained his focus back on Zenta, Spawn, May, and Bara.

Avalyde was quick to hold his guns towards the incoming castle, firing several shots and blasting the castle in half. He quickly flew in between the broken castle, appearing on the other side. The dragon let out an exaggerated sigh of relief before tapping Cayde's chest with a large finger.

"I know you got a billion questions, but you just need to know a few things, so listen up." Avalyde pointed at the meditative state of Avalon within his chest. "He's in this thing called Divine State. It's a bunch of mumbo-jumbo that neither of us will understand. All you need to know is that I'm only here until Avalon's energy is depleted or he exits Divine State. If either of those happen, poof! I'm gone. I'll help you out as best I can and protect both of you. I'll follow your lead as long as you keep Avalon safe, he's kinda... vulnerable."

Last edited:
May says responding to Zenta spiting some blood "Thanks and got it." She takes out a heat armor and shield as she goes right. May evades as much as she able to and blocks those she unable to in order to start using her shovel to beat the emperor once more.

May says in a close to mocking tone "One way to find out who is arrogant o foolish Emperor." May thinks "I rarely get this annoyed or have any need to vent in a fight. Regardless I need to make shore I don't lose sight on what I need to do its fine."

Majin Bara grunted once more in annoyance as her arms were severed, and hissed at the burning sensation that was around them, first waiting for it to go away a little before she reattached her severed arms. She felt the burning sensation through her body, but she bit through it, as she got rid of it by powering up in a way where steam was ejected from the holes that were present on her already.
"You are REALLY starting to piss me off." Bara said as she lifted her right leg up in a perfect vertical split and generated a large sphere of energy from it, before kicking hit hard to make it split into smaller spheres, which she directed at the Emperor to help the others to keep him distracted from the others, which was something she did BEFORE she attempted to reattach her arms to her bodies, being thankful that her mallable body was able to adapt in such situations.

“Petty motherfucker…” Detective Spawn cringe in pain after losing his leg from the destructive eye beam. His regeneration had slowed, and the burning sensations grew by the second, but Spawn had no time to worry about that.

Seeing the Red Emperor had obtained arms and legs, the Detective let out an annoyed grunt. “Great.” The hellspawn said while completely drenched due to the heavy rain from Avalon’s blast. Using one leg as a boost to push himself forward, taking the left advise by Zenta.

Spawn’s eyes flare and his muscles tensed. He tackles the Red Emperor with a should tackle while the latter focuses on Vegetto and Cuki. “Fatal Phantasm!” His hands covered in green energy; Spawn unleashed devastating barrage blows against his torso alongside May, Cuki, Bara and Zenta. He then jumped in the air, opening his cloak as chains came out of it. It wraps around the Red Emperor’s shoulders tightly. Spawn used the chains to pull himself close to the Red Emperor, hitting him with a headbutt.

==

Lilith appears before Lucifer with Bernkastel in her hands.

“I see the dog had passed her along.” Lucifer said. “Figures he’ll do something while he runs amuck as he pleases.”

“I’ll return to the battlefield, sir.”

“Please.”

Lilith vanishes, heading back to the battleground. Lucifer, on the other hand, stares at the unconscious Bernkastel. The angel was undoubtedly curious to see a unique set of abilities that he never came across before—at least not at the level that caused his heart to ache. “…Another time.” The angel told himself. “For now, rest. You have done your part. It is up for the Breakers to come together.” His major focus is on Vegetto and Cuki. Two people that have left the Breakers are standing side-by-side. His eyes sharpened, judging the two and see how they will play this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom