The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
May says "this is my experience, but you will recall that you have in fact died and one lose any memories from dying in the vertex. I would take what I just stated with a little salt only because most my experience is form dyeing in dying is before the hole dying thing." May taps the head of the maid as the maid lets go may changes into her stander body armor.

May asks on being healed by Lucifer's "Did not know I fell into the category that you set lucifer? You know I just a some brought in by one Spawn." May hands a potion that will do the same thing to those Lucifer did not heal and did say "It should do the same thing as what Lucifer did in terms of healing wounds. O Avalon as the healer Lucifer dos have a right to deterrer whom he heals or dos not. Like how I have every right to give away my stock of potions."

May orders the orbs and the Maid "Run diagnostics after that orbs those with no problems light problems can start checking doom castle." may takes out a device that is linked with the orbs and the maid. The maid dos say "yes mistress."

“A god apologizing?” Lucifer simpered, speaking to no one in particular. “What a rare sight.” Despite his wording, his tone was clearly sarcastic in delivery. In contrast to Zenta, the angel held no confidence in Byakko’s apology.

Detective Spawn, despite not knowing Byakko, sensed there was bad air between parties and decided to sit out from that conservation. His only concern now is whether or Cuki will give up the Panich Coin to Bage.

Upon Avalon and May questioning Lucifer’s decision to heal, his disposition changed. Before he could answer, Vegetto approached the group of confirming he was the one behind Gogeta’s death. Naturally, some of the Breakers will react negatively towards the revelation. While it could add some good fun to see some demand answers, the angel lost interest when resolve behind the Potara’s confirmation was weak. Upon Bernkastel questioning the state of things once more, the angel decided to speak.

“Good evening. Quite a view, hmm? Aside from the sloppy victory against the Red King and some minor mishaps, you haven’t missed much.” Lucifer eyed Vegetto with disappointment. “Well, Vegetto was going to tell a tall tale of his role in killing Gogeta, but I won’t humor it. His delivery alone lacks confidence.”

Lucifer turned to Avalon and May. Placing a hand over his heart, the angel held a rather devilish, cold smile. “My reasoning is clear, children. I am only interested in the Breakers—the Detectives are merely allies, which they can take care of themselves. Vegetto and Cuki left the Breakers, and I’m under no obligation to administrate aid to runaways. Count yourselves lucky I heal you two, purely out of amusement.”

“You’re just dismissing that?” Spawn was curious to know what led to Gogeta’s death. He turns to the Spina with a question. “Old man. Aren’t you interest—”

“No. Good riddance.” Spina interrupted with a cold, quick response. Rather, his attention focused entirely on Byakko. His eyes alone indicated that man was in fury the way Byakko apologized to the group.

Ultimately, Lucifer shifted his focus on Cuki. Just as he observed Vegetto throughout the battle against the Red King, he watched her with the same eyes. All he was left with was disappointment upon seeing how Cuki carried herself, prompting the question. “What a sorry state you’re in. I see that your little friend is slacking.” Lucifer’s eyes stare down at Cuki.

“Have you even gotten stronger?”

Cuki’s eyes darted to Bage as he approached. His voice was calm enough for her to not tense up, however, upon the mention of Gogeta’s death, her head lowered. Her loose hair cast a shadow over her face while she released a pained sigh. The grip she had on Panich’s coin tightened, yet, her face showed little to no expression. All she did was turn to her Master and Bernkastel, giving him a silent stare before her gaze showed sorrow.

Gee-Gee… I’m sorry…

“Oh,” Byakko quipped. “Looks like your sparring partner won’t be around for a while, Cuki. Well, he was problematic… Cruel fate, but I’m not surprised.”

Zenta squeezed Bernkastel closer to his body, fearing her reaction to the news, but when Lucifer began to talk to Cuki, his body instantly tensed. It looked as if he stopped moving, and to Bernkastel, his body was as hard as a stone. His breathing had slowed down, almost as if he wanted to hear everything that was going to be said by both parties. The way his tails twitched anxiously, and his fur rose on ends, only proved one thing; the beast was nervous.

“Oh? I’m sorry, I wasn’t apologizing to you, Lucifer.” Byakko snickered at Lucifer. “I am apologizing to the Breakers. You are no Breaker, and I couldn't care less what you think.”

Cuki stared directly at Lucifer, nearly matching his gaze with her own. Her eyes lacked sleep—a lot of sleep. They were deep, so deep one could get lost in them. In the short time Cuki has been gone from the group, she has undergone a harsh transformation, but how and why? As Cuki listened to Lucifer, she ignored his belittling to hear the question asked.

Have you gotten stronger?

Have I?
Cuki thought to herself. I lost my arm… but I continued to fight ‘til the very end. I had to. If I didn’t, someone would’ve died…

“I did get stronger.” Cuki replied. “I keep getting back up, even when I fall harder and more often than others, I refuse to stay down.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll accept your apology for imagining that I was speaking directly at you. I know it’s a little embarrassing, so I’ll spare you the humiliation.” Lucifer smirks. “That aside…”

The angel shook his head, his ice-cold eyes staring at Cuki. “No, no. I’m not talking about psychical strength; anyone can do that. I’m talking about your resolve. You know, the reason why you ran away? Here, a bit of a reminder of what you said to Bernkastel in that little note you left behind. I’ll skip to the most relevant parts.”

Lucifer cleared his throat and spoke. His voice changed, completely matching Cuki in every way, down to the tone and mannerisms. “I will return one day, and I will be a completely new person.” The angel paused, returning to his original voice. “Once again, I ask. Have you gotten stronger?”

“Typical… We cannot enjoy the Breaker’s victory without his type butting in and wanting to prove something.” Byakko shrugged.

Cuki felt Lucifer’s gaze on her, and her body got as cold as his eye. She did not know what to do in such a sharp gaze except try to match it. However, her eyes, after a while, looked down, almost as if not wanting to look Lucifer in the eyes.

“I…I have. I’m a new person, for sure. I have proven to myself that I grew…”

Zenta listened to Cuki’s words and remained silent. His mouth began to form a frown, as if knowing that Cuki went through something and refused to say. On top of that, the beast knew that Cuki was lying to Lucifer. His body grew rigid, knowing that Lucifer will be able to see right through the lie, yet he wondered how Cuki will react to Lucifer’s pestering and questioning.

Cuki… what is happening to you? I see the pain you are in; I hear the stress in your words… Your mind is… faltering. Why are you in such pain, and why are you refusing to say anything? Zenta inadvertently gripped Bernkastel’s arm tighter, almost digging his nails into her dress. Who... hurt you?

“I’ve grown a lot from the last time we met. I’ve proved it in this battle, physically and mentally. I know you like to dig under people’s skin, but you will find nothing interesting about me. I’m just… Cuki.”

May starts to work sits down and starts to fix the orbs that needed it. She thinks "I will let them be since like I did state I am a third party I will just fix these orbs and have them scout. this is the place doom castle or what left of it after our battle."

The maid starts to rub may's shoulders as may works.

“Lying is not your forte.”

Cuki looking away from his gaze was all the answer Lucifer needed. “Thought as much. You’re very much still the same delusional coward when you first left. It’s one thing to painfully watch you struggle throughout this battle, but the serve lack of confidence you’re radiating is very nauseating. You’re like Vegetto; a person that had their mind infested with insecurities that they retort to fables to any bring a sense of justification of their self-worth.”

Lowering his wings, Lucifer turned away. “My apologies for thinking you made some progression. You may leave now.” The angel paused, raising a finger. “Oh, why don’t you take Vegetto with you as compensation? He’s a runaway coward as well. I’m sure you’ll have lots of misadventures together.”

Berserk quietly gasped in disbelief with Bara at the announcement of Gogeta's death-- particularly the 'confession' that Vegetto himself did it. Although silent as she hovered, her shock grew in confusion from Lucifer calling him out on his bluff. She opted for silence since the tension in the air was beginning to rise. It was hard to tell if a fight would break out, especially when the news concerned a particular person the most.

Bernkastel hadn't uttered a word, pointedly staring down the Potara fusion. Instead of being wide with shock, grief, or even rage, her eyes narrowed ever so slightly. Others would deem it a look of disdain, but she knew instantly that was a lie. Bern pondered how she'd get the truth out of him before her attention was called to Zenta's body language. The Witch glanced up at him questioningly and followed his line of 'sight' towards Cuki and Lucifer. There were several details that she couldn't gain much context clues for, other than Zenta was clearly upset knowing that Lucifer aimed to make Cuki squirm under her facade.

This is hard to watch. I ought to say something, but what? she thought. Logically she had no need to oblige herself considering the issues that had come from helping Cuki. The sight of Byakko alone roused negativity but when she thought more specifically, the feeling towards Cuki was almost muted completely. And perhaps that reduction of emotion allowed room for Bern feeling urged to help anyway.

"Perhaps it means nothing coming from me, but someone who managed to escape the Red King's capture alive and return to battle him is no coward. I know Gogeta would agree, since he didn't seem worried about you being on your own. But, please be more careful with how brave you wish to be..." Bernkastel pointed toward Cuki's stump-arm. "Those cracks on your body from before, were a sign you're on the edge of death. If our reputation wasn't what it is, it wouldn't be much issue but Lucifer guesses our time as Coins can go for thousands of years." The Witch's voice went soft stating this fact. "Listen carefully, Cuki. There is a woman, Brainstorm, named Valeria von Doom-- it seems like she aims to pick up where her father left off. We know nothing else about her. And then there's the creature that the Red King made contact with... I don't know what your plans have been, but it's for your safety to keep these things in mind." The Witch concluded solemnly. "We've barely been managing even with the Agency's aid."

I don't know if it would be a good idea for Cuki to be with us again... there's still too much to worry about with Spina right now. Even if I could protect her better... Bern chewed her lip anxiously, The game shouldn't get anyone needlessly involved.

Last edited:
“Lying isn’t her strong point, but I agree with Bernkastel; Cuki is not a coward in the slightest.” Byakko scoffed at Lucifer. “So, for you to compare her to the worm that wanted to end his life, is disgraceful. Don’t listen to him, Cuki. Little Lucifer is trying to pick up water with chopsticks.”

Cuki, however, was silent as she listened to Lucifer’s words. She knew she grew in her own way, and she was not a coward. Still, something was bothering her, and she could not explain it.

I will return one day, and I will be a completely new person!

Her own words echoed through her head, and as her gaze lowered to the white fist balling over Panich’s coin.

“I agree with Miss Bernkastel!” Avalon butted in. “Cuki risked her life to fight with us and stop the King! She managed to fend off the Xy’phers while she and Panich were captured, so she’s anythin’ but weak! Besides, where were you this whole time? You were back there in the sidelines, watching from a distance and refusin’ to help!”

As Bernkastel said her advice, Cuki eyed the cracks on her arm. For the most part, those cracks have always been there ever since the Doom fight, but it made her think. Was she constantly on the line of life and death based on the information Bernkastel gave her?

They met Brainstorm, huh? Well, if she wants to continue Doom’s legacy, that isn’t good… Cuki paused before tilting her head at the mysterious creature Bernkastel spoke about. Was it the illusion she saw earlier in the fight? Is that what the King saw? Where did he spot that? Still… that monster gave me the creeps and it wasn’t even real…

Cuki’s mind raced back to Lucifer’s words and her eyes slowly lifted to gaze right at the fallen angel. As she focused on him, all she could think of was proving him wrong. Even as Bernkastel and Avalon stood by her side, her body felt empty.

“If you want me to leave, then I will, Lucifer.” Cuki said, turning her back to the Breakers. “Not because you told me to, but because of what is happening around me…” The youngster frowned slightly, not wanting to leave the Breakers again. “I just don’t want you guys to get hurt because of me…”

“What do you mean?” Avalon asked. “How are you gonna hurt us?”

“I can’t explain it, but people end up getting hurt when they are near me…” Cuki took a step away from the Breakers, clutching the Panich coin as tight as she could. “I just can’t stay…”

“Cuki.” Zenta spoke up sternly. “What are you hiding?”

“…”

“What is hurting you, Cuki…? Please, tell me…”

“I… I can’t…”

May says as she keeps working "The fact that its mealy local reptation and most the good you lot do tends to be obscure or overlooked. I distrust the fact that coins are linked to anything like reptation, or else Spawn would not bother collecting the coins of the "bad guys"." she releases the Orb she fixed. May says as she works on another orb "With that stated, Cuki if you consider the Breakers your friends then you should tell them what up."

May summons some maids and orbs. May orders them to help the orbs in exploring doom castle and some the maids to gather the orbs unable to move in so she can repair them.

Despite Avalon, Bernkastel and Byakko’s protest, Lucifer didn’t waver at all. Seeing Cuki’s subtle behavior and body language confirmed that the central core belief she held hardly changed. There was no further need to dissect. Upon Cuki stating that she doesn’t want to hurt the Breakers, Lucifer laughs with a massive grin on his face.

Lucifer passed by Berserk. “After this, I wish you see me regarding becoming my next disciple if interested. No doubt, you’ll become strong. Truly strong.” The angel passed by Vegetto. He offered no words to the Potara fusion but gave him a smile. The same, judgmental smile he held for Cuki, indicating that he considers both one of the same.

The angel shifted his focus to see what May’s machinery was up too. They were zooming around the remnants of Doom’s Castle. “This is supposedly where he was last seen.” Lucifer stared at the individual fragments of what’s left. Much of the technology was destroyed or broken beyond repair. “Quite unfortunate that he’d perished. It would be useful if he left something behind as a template for the next disciple. A pity, but trial and error to work out the kinks will have to do.”

The Detective noticed that Cuki was about to leave with the Panich coin. If Bage wasn’t going to stop her, he would. The hellspawn slowly approaches her to not set off any alarms or reactions. “May is right. If something is bothering you, might as well tell the Breakers what you’re talking about. I was in the same boat, and these guys had gone through the ringer already. Whatever you’re going through, probably isn’t that big of a deal.”

Spina stayed quiet, waiting to hear what Cuki had to say. The old Saiyan still maintained a furious expression. His eyes are like daggers to the heart, the way she stares at both Cuki and Byakko.

Cayde’s head perked up initially at the revelation Vegetto made, a frown forming immediately at the prospect of Gogeta’s death. Yet Lucifer’s comments drew his gaze away momentarily, a suspicious look forming while Cayde turned his gaze back onto the Potara fusion.

The lack of conviction was clear, yet whether or not Vegetto spoke a lie or was too scared to take responsibility for his actions couldn’t be discerned on just a surface's glance. Cayde narrowed his eyes a bit; the initial frustration smoldering in hope that the truth was better than the lie. However, he turned his attention first to Cuki as she was pressed by the angel further.

Cayde stood by and watched on, looking over Cuki. He silently glanced between the others that defended her, their arguments typical in supporting her bravery and willpower in the face of combat.

Yet as they pushed more in support, Cayde stood silent in looking over the girl in judgement. His eyes scanned Lucifer briefly, a brief sigh in that he knew their efforts were useless in changing the angel’s mind. But in the end, he shared a similar judgement: the baggage that Cuki continued to hide in fear only cemented his belief that she was a liability.

Cayde briefly shrugged his shoulders, a nonchalant tone behind his voice while he spoke dismissively towards the danger Cuki warned of.

“Eh, I’m with the Detective on this one. This team just survived a creator god and his army trying to kill literally everything; surely it can't be that bad, right?”

Vegetto perked his eyebrows, caught off guard immediately when Lucifer rejected his revelation. Not more in that the angel found out, but in that his lie was openly denied for all of the others to hear. He glanced around briefly, his mind racing on what to do in the moment. The frustration mounted once more; routed again by none other than Lucifer and because it was the angel that shot down his attempt as quickly as it began, Vegetto's pointed anger began to focus in on his target. Yet despite the rage building, it did not erupt or explode. Like the battle with the Red King and even before in the battle with Air Dancer, the fire within fueled and empowered rather than erupted into destructive chaos. The Potara fusion watched on in silence, the mounting fire swirling and blooming at the sight of the angel further pressing Cuki; his white gloved hands balling into fists. However, even as the anger flourished within, it only grew and blossomed without a spark to ignite it within.

Vegetto kept his eyes trained on Lucifer, mostly unaware of his own development. The sharp stare never left Lucifer as the angel approached, the internal focus strong in Vegetto's eyes even before Lucifer mockingly smiled at the Potara fusion. Unlike before with wild, unkempt and destructive explosions behind the anger, Vegetto's fury resonated with a focused determination this time. Less like a rabid enraged animal, but more like an angry man holding a gun. The driven desire to overcome and defeat the angel standing opposite of him so complete, it borderlines on a need instead of a want. The Potara fusion did not speak a word or waver in his demeanor, his eyes following Lucifer until he had passed.

Vegetto glanced briefly to the side, his eyes shifting a bit towards Cuki in hearing her lament on the secrets she held. His anger smoldered gradually, but the embers still burned once his dual voice rung out and his gaze turned onto Cuki.

"You said you had gotten stronger, but you're going to let that pampered god mock your growth and frighten you into running away again."

He tightened his grip slowly in both hands, tensing slightly.

"Fine...if you're so worried about hurting people you care about...then show me. I'm an enemy...I killed your friend."

Cayde perked his head a bit, realizing a chance to listen in on more news behind Gogeta's death as Vegetto continued; his steely gaze locked firmly on Cuki in a drive to perpetuate his lie.

"He and Clark just wanted to stop me from hurting the Breakers, but I didn't care; all of you have gotten too weak from letting this bastard god manipulate you like this. I beat them both, and Gogeta was too weak to survive my attacks. He died, wanting to protect you from me."

Cayde's mechanical voice tore through the air in a blunt interruption.

"Where is Clark? Did you kill him too?"

Vegetto stood silent in response, his eyes still turned down to Cuki with an admonished glare.

"So if you're afraid of hurting them...then put it on me. Lucifer already gave you his ultimatum to run, so here's mine:"

The Potara fusion tensed his muscles, barely pausing as he spoke with a firm determination and malice in his dual voice.

"Stay, and fight your fears. That little rat won't get another victory here...and if you even think about proving him right...then I'll make sure you join your weakling friend in your master's fur coat."

Last edited:
Cuki bit her lip at everyone pressuring her to speak up. She bit so hard that she drew blood, yet, how could she explain it? It was hard for her open up, especially since she had no idea how they would react. Her Master’s voice continued to push her, and eventually, she had to succumb.

“Cuki, just tell us what has happened.” Zenta pleaded.

“It’s hard to explain…” Cuki sighed. “Lately… everywhere I go, chaos and mayhem unfold, almost like its following me. People die, buildings crumble, and lives are ruined.” There was a slight pause before she continued. “I hear voices… Lots of them… It's like they're right behind me, whispering in my ear. When I turn, I see no one. That's not all, I hear Lammy [Lambda], Gervene… even Kass. The voices yell at me, begging me to save them. It's like they're actually there.” Cuki's body began to shake slightly. "But I also hear them screaming... They beg for mercy, beg for me to help them..."

Cuki’s eyes widen, and her skin turned pale, the trauma of hearing the voices of the dead, seeing people die before her, and the lack of sleep left her mind in a very deteriorated state.

“These voices get stronger when I sleep… Every time I close my eyes to rest, I keep having the same dream over and over and over again! I hear everyone’s voices, but I can’t see anyone. It’s dark and no matter how hard I fight, I can’t find anyone. Every dream is a repeat of the screams from those who died being around me… I have no control over it. I’m all alone…”

“During the fight, when Cuki failed to enter Divine State with me, the same aura that follows Cuki hit her tenfold.” Byakko butted in. “I can’t seem to pinpoint it or figure out what’s haunting her, but there is something tormenting her…”

“It’s getting worse every day. If I step foot inside any town or city, chaos erupts, and people die. It’s like… it doesn’t want me around anyone…” Cuki took another step away from the Breakers. “I don’t want this mayhem to affect you guys, you’ve been through so much already! I don’t want to hurt you… Please, just… leave me alone. I’ll find a way out of this mess on my own!”

“You do not have to deal with this alone, Cuki.” Zenta tried to keep the female from leaving. “I am sure we will figure something out to help you.”

“Yeah! You just got a bit of bad luck, but you just need to surround yourself with people who care!” Avalon puffed his chest. “The Breakers fit that role best!”

For a moment, Cuki’s worries, and pain washed away, especially when Zenta and Avalon decided to help her. Still, the looming dark cloud over Cuki’s head roared with thunder, filling her mind with every image of those who died. Her head slowly turned to Vegetto as he declared that she fight him. With voices, both in and out of her head, the pain from not being healed, and the internal struggle of wanting to keep the Breakers safe, her body tensed, and her eyes returned to dull and lifeless. An emotionless husk stood, and the small hope the Breakers had to bring Cuki back was snuffed out like a candle in the wind.

“Geegee died to protect me from you?” Cuki narrowed her eyes and saw through the Fusion. “No. No he didn’t. I doubt Geegee gave a damn about me, not after what I did to him.” Cuki’s hand balled into a white fist, the dead eyes staring right at the Fusion. “If you killed him, then shame on you. He talked highly of you when I met him. He looked up to you.”

The hard glare Cuki gave to Vegetto was short-lived as her soft and innocent eyes returned. The same look she had at the start of their adventures when they first met.

“Just like I did…”

“But he said he’s your enemy, Cuki. He’s probably going to attack you.” Byakko sighed, crossing his arms.

“I deserve it. He sees how weak I am, and if that’s the case, then I haven’t changed at all.” Cuki lowered her head. “I’m a liability to the Breakers. I’m leagues behind them. …I’m still… weak.”

“C’mon Cuki, quit thinkin’ like that.” Avalon bit his lip before turning to Spina. “Hey, maybe you should butt in before Vegetto actually attacks her. Give her a pep talk! Y’know, like a leader!”

Bage was a bit nervous at the reveal of Gogeta's demise and Lucifer encouraging her to leave was of no help either. Regardless, he had to get that Coin. He had finally found Panich after all this time. There was no way he would let her go again. The detective opened his mouth to try and keep Cuki from leaving but stopped when Detective Spawn, Zenta, and the others began doing just that.

"You're doing your best Cuki, and that's all your friends want. They want to help you with whatever it is you struggling with." Bage said, smiling sympathetically, " And I want to help. Not just as a detective, but for Panich. She really cared for you, and any friend of her's I'll gladly help. Having people to lean on doesn't make you weak at all."

He could see Avalon encouraging Spina to speak up, but somehow based on his furious expression, the Saiyan detective was worried about the words that may come out of his mouth.

“Just calm down, all of you. No one is attacking anybody.” Detective Spawn tried to defuse tensions. “He’s probably… trying to lift up your spirits?” The hellspawn sounded unsure about Vegetto’s motives. He understood the overall rationale, but the way he went around it seemed off base. At least, that is what Spawn hopes that what he’s aiming for. Cuki’s situation seems strange. Is it a curse? Then it should be something that Spawn himself could see, but he didn’t sense anything. Byakko claimed something was there, but there was nothing. Regardless, Spawn tried to add some advice regarding Cuki’s issues. “Listen—”

The sound of a slap ripple across the area. Spawn turned to find the source of that sound only for his eyes to see Avalon against the ground. “Wha?”

Spina stood still with his right hand raised; indicating that he slapped Avalon down to the ground. The faltering white pupil increased in response to his rising anger. “Don’t tell me what to do. Ever again.”

The old Saiyan shifted his focus onto both Vegetto and Cuki. Without warning, Spina swung his right arm to strike Vegetto. Backhanding the Potara fusion away, he’d reached for Cuki. However, his hand went past her, grabbing Byakko by the collar of his kimono.

Somehow, due to the nature of Dark Energy, Spina grabbed the intangible deity with his bare hands and lifted him up. His eyes furiously animated upon staring at this Being of Willpower “Damn your reasons! What’s clear is that you chose an unwinnable game out of pleasure—and only then after it completely backfired, do you offer apologies? Pathetic!” Spina headbutted Byakko with enough force to send him flying back. “Thinking you can pull wool over eyes by saying it was done out of our protection? I heard that before. So. Many. Damn Times. I don’t need your protection. I don’t need lessons. I don’t need to learn humility. I don’t need anyone telling me that this was done for my own good, especially from the likes of you!”

Spina pointed his finger at Byakko and Cuki. “I’m done listening. Either you stay or leave. Whatever your choice, I won’t be part of your circus. I don’t need you to do anything for me. Not now or ever.”

Detective Spawn approached the Saiyan, attempting to calm him down. “Calm down! You’re acting—”

“Shut up.” Spina blow him back with a mere sight. Detective Spawn stumbled back a little bit. The old Saiyan levitated from the ground and looked around as if he was looking for a specific place. Once he found it, Spina glared below at Byakko, Cuki and Vegetto specifically. “You. Vegetto. Byakko… You’re all fake.” Without waiting for a response, Spina blasted off, heading straight to Beach City.

May says still working on any salvageable orbs "If not for the second part of what you described Cuki I would say your suffering from survivors' gilt. If it's a curse, would it not be a good idea to find a curse specialist in order to break it."

some of the orbs keep an eye on Lucifer as others keep scouting and looking over Doom’s Castle. the numbers of orbs and maids make it hard for lucifer to keep track of all of them.

May thinks "ok not going say anything about the outburst."

Berserk seemed a bit distracted after Lucifer's statement to her, anxiously listening to the exchange going on while contemplating his offer since Avalon had warned her not to do it. Her eyes snapped up hearing the loud slap cut through the air-- eyes widening in shock seeing Spina knock her friend to the ground with one fell swoop.

"AVALON! You alright?!" She called out, near-instantly dashing to his side. "Wh-what just happened?! Why'd he-- Grandpa, what the--" Berserk immediately shut her mouth to avoid falling under the old Saiyan's gaze. Only when he left the scene did she have the nerve to speak once more. "What... what was that?"

Bernkastel had made a move to get herself down from Zenta's arms and attempt to stop Spina, but she became frozen mid-action. She couldn't even think through what just happened, and was left utterly speechless. This was the first time she saw Spina so enraged to lash out this badly. Even people he couldn't stand were usually ignored or blown off. "I... I don't know. This- this wasn't supposed to... happen..." Bern stammered, utterly at a loss for what to say or do. The worst-case scenario she could think of came true. How did he manage to land a hit on a spirit like that?! Isn't that impossible?! Horrified, she felt even smaller than a child... and just as useless as one.

Cuki and Zenta both turn to the slap that knocked Avalon to the ground. Cuki’s jaw dropped, and her eyes widen as Avalon didn’t move for a few moments. When Vegetto was slapped away, Cuki felt Spina lock eyes with her and Byakko. Byakko, meanwhile, seemed unfazed by Spina’s approach, however, that changed at the drop of a dime. As Spina reached out to grab Byakko, the Deity felt the Saiyan tug at his kimono, yanking him down. Confusion and disgust riddled Byakko’s face, as he was in shock that Spina was able to grab him the way he did; normally, most people could not touch him.

As Byakko was pulled, so was Cuki.

W-What…?

Once Spina headbutted Byakko, the Divine Being’s head leaned back, and, so did Cuki’s. Cuki felt the full force of the headbutt, even though it was directed towards Byakko. The Deity fell back before catching himself moments before hitting the floor, Cuki, on the other hand, fell flat on her back, her pupils missing for a brief second.

“Hmph, I knew things didn’t change… Mortals never change…” Byakko muttered before turning his back to the Breakers. “Are you okay, Cuki?”

“…Yeah.” Cuki said, slowly sitting up, rubbing her forehead.

You’re all fake!

Cuki remained silent as she stared blankly at the ground. Her head throbbed and Byakko gently leaned over her, genuinely looking concerned. When Cuki rose to her feet, her body wobbled slightly, the massive headbutt affecting her more than she anticipated. As she stumbled around, the Panich coin fell from her hand and rolled over to Bage, stopping by his feet. Cuki did not seem to notice before lifting herself up into the air.

“It’s happening again…” she muttered. “Chaos and mayhem are unfolding… I can’t stay around any longer…”

Zenta’s ears instantly rose upright as he noticed Cuki floating away from the Breakers. His grip tightened on Bernkastel, so much that it started to hurt the Witch. He did not know how hard he was holding the girl.

“Cuki, wait!” Zenta cried out. “Spina has been acting very strangely as of late!”

“No… everywhere I go, people get hurt. This is only a small taste…” Cuki’s eyes were deep and filled with grief. The hollow emptiness in her eyes returned. “I’m sorry… I’m so sorry for ruining your victory… I’m sorry I’m here…”

Zenta instantly dropped Bernkastel from his arms as he ran to Cuki, jumping into the air and embracing his student—no, daughter. He held her as tight as he could, his voice in pain.

“Cuki, please… don’t go. Please…!”

Cuki’s eyes widened for a split second, her arm slowly lifted, wanting to embrace her Master. However, her arm stopped and began to turn to mist, easily dispersing in the wind. Her body followed, parts of her disappearing in the wind. Zenta’s tight embrace opened once he saw the entirety of Cuki’s body phase and slip in between his arms. The beast reached up, desperately trying to grasp at nothing as Cuki’s voice echoed one last time.

“I’m sorry… Master.” Cuki echoed. “My fate… is to be alone…”

Once the last of the mist escaped Zenta’s grasp, Cuki had completely disappeared from the group with the help of Byakko. Zenta stared silently at the sky, his head whipping back and forth in a desperate attempt to find Cuki. Once the Beast dropped to his knees, everyone knew Cuki was gone. He said nothing else, and simply stared at the sky. Eventually, his head and shoulders slumped, utterly defeated.

Avalon began to stir from the ground and wiped the small amount of blood from the corner of his mouth. For a moment, he stayed silent before pushing himself off the ground.

“What the hell was that for?” He groaned. “He’s lost his damn mind!”

Zenta stood up straight and approached Bernkastel, gently lowering himself to her side after he dropped her. He lifted the Witch up to her feet and dug a hand into the fur tuff on his chest. He pulled out Gogeta’s Coin and carefully placed it in the palm of her hand. A sigh escaped his lips as he rose upright once again.

“Forgive me for hiding this from you, My Lady… I was planning to give this to you once we defeat the Red King, had we survived…” Zenta smiled, turning to face the Coin in her hand. He balled Bernkastel’s hand into a fist around Gogeta’s Coin and pressed it against her chest. His hand tightened around her tiny fist. “Promise me to never let go of those who are precious to you.”

Zenta then placed the same hand he gripped Bernkastel with to gently pat her head.

“And I will promise to protect you and those you deem precious, Lady Bernkastel.”

The beast slowly let his arm fall from Bernkastel’s head as he turned to the direction Spina flew off. He clasped his arms behind his back and turned away from the Breakers in order to hide his face.

“Now that we survived, we can finally rest.” The beast finally said in a soft tone before walking off. “More importantly, we need to follow Mr. Spina again. Given his behavior, we should keep an eye on him…”

Zenta did not wait for anyone as he walked alone in the direction of Beach City. There was no anger, no spite, not even a hint of rage. Never once did he turn to the Breakers, not even Bernkastel, as he strolled away, as if this feeling being nothing new to him. The way he handled himself, down to the elegance and grace of his stride, showed how well he hid his pain and sorrow.

With a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom