The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I knew it!" Bara growled, "you lot are really as stubborn as mules..."
Bara's hands were clenched into fists as she hopped back to avoid the body of the Dragon that was about to fall on her and the other Breakers. Seeing this abomination rise up and declaring itself now 'Red Emperor' was only serving to piss Bara off to no end.

At the warnings from both Bernkastel and Nia, Cayde tensed up at the signs. His eyes widened with a gasp once the red orb shot up from the ground, falling back on his side while the Red King shot up high into the sky with Spina in tow. He scrambled to his feet quickly, his head lifting up and watching the ominous expulsion of power. Cayde froze at the sight of Spina's two halves falling away from each other high in the sky, a sense of hopelessness overtaking him once the castle itself was hurled down at the team.

His attention snapped back to reality a bit once Avalon crashed into the ground, and Cayde quickly ran up to Avalon. Dropping to one knee, Cayde looked over the writhing Avalon with outstretched arms, unsure where to render aid.

"Kid! Get up!"

Vegetto's silver eyes lifted, watching on at the rise of the Red Emperor in the sky where he floated. He had barely finished righting himself from the subtle shove Spina made seconds earlier, and now stood by as the older Saiyan was seemingly killed in an instant. The relaxed and relieved expression he held had vanished entirely, his silver eyes narrowing back into the determined glare. His shoulders lifted slightly while his chest expanded, letting out a disappointed sigh. Another death, another Breaker killed before amends could be made; the failure was apparent to Vegetto once again. Yet all he could muster was that little sigh, the focused expression narrowing in at the descending castle while Avalon fell from the sky once the Red King dispatched him from stopping the incoming meteor of a castle. The silver ice swirled outwards around the Potara fusion; the pressure rising around the man as his power swirled. Yet the sensation of cold emptiness grew in tandem, like a black hole beginning to form. The silver spec of a Potara fusion then suddenly shot forward, the glinting light barely visible in comparison to the massive castle hurtling closer and closer towards the ground.

Vegetto grunted and grit his teeth with a tense expression once he dashed up to the castle; flames engulfing it from its increasing speed and trajectory towards the ground like a meteor. The Potara fusion flew down with the castle at its side for a moment, before suddenly stopping his flight and shooting out both hands. His white gloved fingers stabbed immediately into the walls of the castle, and with a heavy roar, the flight of the castle was stopped in its entirety just before it crashed down on top of the Breakers.

Vegetto grimaced with a strong glare trained on the castle itself, the intense flames from the descent still burning and nearly engulfing the man. Yet the silver ice expanded outwards; snuffing the flames around the Potara fusion as he twisted at his waist. The castle spun with Vegetto, his arms swinging the entire castle itself like a heavy club in an attempt to strike the newly transformed Red King with the building itself.

"HA!!"

May says as she jumps on one her orbs she had out "I gest I were a little too optimistic. Assuming that we would not have another round with the now 'Red Emperor' I forgot about your lot's luck wend it comes to fights." The orbs started to fly up to evade.

May takes out a fresh sniper rifle "lest hope he no longer has control over this hive that would be make things easer." May thinks "shood I go anti-dragon or keep with what works. For now what works."

Avalon stared at Cayde with blank eyes and no voice, but his expression was clearly one of pain. All the ninja could do was reach out to Cayde’s arm and pull himself up. Miraculously, his skin would begin to melt over his wound, healing it slowly. He clapped his hands together and a surge of water appeared from the ground beneath him, consuming him. It ripped away his skin and left him coated in a blue aura. His body looked entirely like a silhouette and the only detail visible on him were his blank eyes, his wisp-like hairs, and his Divine Markings.

Avalon turned to Cayde and said nothing before his body liquified and sank in between the crystal cracks. The ground under Cayde’s feet began to rumble until he was entirely engulfed by a torrent of water that went into the sky. Another water dragon formed, this one having a mechanical appearance and a single horn on its forehead. On the tip of the horn rested Cayde while Avalon was inside the Dragon’s chest, controlling the movements.

“Water style! Shining Ao’Mizuryu: Cayde!” His dual voice echoed. “Gunslinger!”

The Dragon released a mighty roar before jabbing its hands into its chest and pull out two guns identical to Cayde’s. Cayde's ankles were held in place by water snaking around them, while two liquid tendrils wrapped around his arms. Every move he made with his arms, the dragon copied.

"Work with me... Cayde." Avalon said.

As the castle was pushed back, the King held out his arms and felt himself getting pushed back, yet, he did not seem alarmed. The castle began to slow down to a stop inches before it touched the Emperor. Suddenly, the castle moved back, much faster than before, crashing right on Vegetto with a mighty force. The castle and Saiyan fusion crashed onto the floor where the King would lift the castle up and slam it back down on Vegetto, digging the fusion deep into the crystal earth.

“Is that all it took to stop you? Weak…” The Red Emperor snarked before throwing the castle directly at May and Bara. He held a hand out, charging up a psychic blast and firing it at Vegetto. “WEAK!

As the blast got closer to Vegetto, Cuki stopped it with the blade of her spear. She struggled to push back, but with a mighty yell, her spear swung upwards, slicing the orb in half. One half flung right by Bernkastel, Berserk, and Zenta, but the other one exploded by Panich, Bage, and Spawn, sending them flying across the area. Panich and Bage were separated, crashing through mountains of crystals and jagged fissures, while Spawn was stuck in the scarlet flames that melted the crystal ground.

Cuki’s body trembled slightly at the strength she displayed before turning to face Vegetto. Her eyes, empty and cold, struck a feeling of isolation within the Fusion, as if seeing right through him.

“Get up and fight.” Cuki’s cruelness sparked out. “Or is that all you got?”

“Hey, hey!” Detective Spawn shouted at Nia. “I thought you said he didn’t have any transformations or secret power?!”

Before he could say any more, Spawn crossed his arms at the upcoming psychic blast. Tanking the hit, he flung across the land until he crashed onto a crystal. “Shit...” He struggled, cursing underneath his breath. He noticed that his feet were sinking under the molten crystals underneath; it broke down due to the intense heat from the scarlet flames that surrounded the hellspawn.

“Damnit…” Spawn wipes the blood from his mouth. “I have no time for this. Get out of here…” He forwarded both arms, causing the cloak that receded to his back to spread out like demonic wings. His entire body, from head to toe, was covered in a black suit; chains formed around his body tightly and a skull insignia appeared on upper torso.

With a sweep of his hand, Spawn blew away the flames. “Thank you, K7-Leetha.” He stood up, albeit still hurt from tanking that earlier blast in his human state. “No time to worry about that. Spina’s down. And everyone got separated… If I must be pushed to use that…” He shook his head and kept focused.

Spawn dashed forward, easily covering the distance between himself and the Red Emperor. Upon reaching the evolved king, he dashed around as his cloak expanded wide. Barrage of green energy bullets released from within, firing at the emperor at all sides.

==

Lucifer observed the Red King’s strange state he took in. “That’s his answer… Lilith. Assist the Breakers. They’ll need the help.”

Lilith nodded. She jumped off the hill and rushed towards the ragged battlefield.

“Let’s see if you can truly adapt to this world.”

"Change of plans-- we have no plan, so here's the new plan: don't die and don't do stupid stuff to die. Right? Right." Berserk said, glancing down to Bernkastel while Vegetto and Lilith left to help fend off the Red Emperor. "Can you move?"

"No... Not for a while... Tricking him took all I had," Bern replied with her eyes shut. Every sound hammered her skull.

Berserk scowled, trying to come up with a makeshift strategy. "He's only using ranged attacks so far but there's no way he'll let us get that close again. We'll just have to bide our time and look for openings. For now, you rest. I'll help cover from the air--" Berserk stopped mid-sentence, seeing May and Bara were about to get hit by the castle that the Red Emperor regained control of from Vegetto's grasp. The Powerpunk picked Bernkastel up and tossed her in Zenta's direction, who put up no resistance due to being so exhausted. "Zenny, catch! I dunno what we're gonna do, but--" Dashing off to close the distance, Berserk appeared right behind the two women and thrust out her hands to fire two red plasma beams at the castle. She fired her eye lasers next for a total of four beam attacks at the castle to either slow down the projectile or destroy it into separate fragments. "Whatever the next move is, everyone STICK TOGETHER!" She shouted. I say that, but I'm talking out of my ass! This is way out of my element!! Even so, Berserk wasn't going to go down without a fight.

The sheer danger that was represented now made something snap in Bara. With a ferocious scream, she began to power up, feeling that she had to go all out and call up on every last bit of strength she could muster. Whether it was fear, frustration, anger or outright desparation, no one could say for sure, but a fierce gust of wind emanated from the Majin, shielding May and Berserk from any debris momentarily, while the shockwave would also help in pushing back in the castle to at least try to either slow it down or alter its course to make it land away from others harmlessly, using the gusts of smoke that the debris made from the landing to conceal the group as a whole, wanting to make them capitalize on the sudden smoke screen.

As the smoke and steam around Majin Bara cleared however, there was something different about her now. Appearance-wise, she did NOT change in terms of overall body shape; she did not change into a female version of Kid Buu, nor did she outright absorb someone, even though she DID have that ability, but refrained from using it for now. What WAS changed was that her muscles were now slightly bigger, but even that was barely notable until someone would be up close. The biggest change however was within Bara's eyes. They retained the red irises she always had, but the sclera had gone from black to white.

Merely seconds after she appeared in this form, Bara opened her mouth wide and unleashed a massive energy wave from it, directing it towards both the Castle as well as the Red Emperor. This was by no means a way for Bara to divert attention away; she was fully focused on bringing this monster down once and for all, and she would NOT stop until the Red Emperor had fully embraced the taste of defeat, and admit that he had lost.

May starts to shoot as she gets near to the king. She changes guns to an assault rifle in order to keep up a good rate of fire. the rounds are semilunar to the rounds she first used for the sniper rifle rounds she fired at the king before.

May says "So the normal shit for you all got you." May think "somehow I shood seen this coming. Knowing the strangeness of the vertex it should been a given that the king would get a mutation." May says "Nia I think the emperor mutation may let some those Xy'phers to fight him so start convincing." May thinks "I do not know what effects the mutation the xy'phers but that a concern after we win."

At the sound of the explosion, Panich and Bage both turned their heads quickly toward the Red Emperor's outburst. They looked up at the sky as it changed to the entire doom castle was lifted into the air, and both Saiyans expressions turned one of shock. “Shit! We completely forgot about the fight! The King doesn't look like himself..! Just what the hell happened!?” Panich asked. She turned to Bage who seemed to be shocked about another occurrence. Spina. He couldn't feel his energy anymore! The detective feared the worse but then turned his attention back to Panich.

“The King was supposed to be fragile! The final attack after he was caught off guard should have been the end of it.” Bage told her. What could have happened? Did they not hit his core? How was he able to come back stronger like this? “He was still alive after they attacked him!”

“Looks like Saiyans aren't the only ones who can come back from the brink of death like that, just great.” The crystalized Saiyan princess huffed sarcastically. “We've got to get there now-”

“LOOK OUT!” Bage warned as he sensed the attack came right for them, unfortunately, it was too late to stop the explosion that blasted both Bage and Panich away. The two were flung in opposite directions, both flying and crashing into the large crystal mountains.

The crystalized Saiyan princess rose to her feet, seeing how far off she had flown from the action. With her Xy’pher body, the impact of the crash wasn't painful at all. Though she was thrown pretty far and all from the blast landing near them. She searched around for Bage, her face had worry plastered all over to make sure he was alright. Soon her eyes locked on the Red Emperor's glowing presence in the sky. She growled ferociously, glaring down the tyrant and with her newly returned power, she powered herself to super Saiyan 4 and shot herself off of the side of the mountain into the sky heading directly for him.

Bage groaned in pain as he pulled himself out of the crater. He looked toward the battlefield which he was now very far from. And all that just from half of his attack landing near them! This wasn't good at all. The Saiyan detective narrowed his eyes, a new determination in them as he jumped into the sky to help the others fight.

Panich sped through the air, inching closer and closer to the Red Emperor. She scanned the sky, noticing Spawn, someone that looked like Gogeta and… Cuki! They were all taking on the Red Emperor themselves while some others she assumed were the new Breakers holding back the Doom castle projectile. After analyzing the battle as she flew, she focused her narrowed eyes on the Emperor once again.

“RED KING!” She roared through the sky, jumping through Spawn's bullets, firing her own blasts as she rushed forward to land a powerful punch on the Emperor.

The detective flew fast to get back to the fight, and couldn't take his eyes off the giant castle that was launched at Bara, May, and Berserk.

“Sorry for making you all put in extra work for my slip-up. But I'm back!” He quickly landed behind the three girls and hesitated a moment, thinking of a way he could help keep the castle from crashing into them. Bage took a big deep breath, before raising his power to God level. His ki began to pour out and he lifted his arms up toward the castle, a large pink veil force field appeared underneath the castle and helped the other blasts push the large meteor back to delay its landing.

“He’s supposed to be dead! I’ve never seen this before! It’s like he’s… evolved!” Nia shouted before being blasted away by the psychic blast that hit Spawn. She dug herself out of the rubble and quickly noticed Spawn launch his counterattack.

I don’t get it! This isn’t supposed to happen! The King should be dead, and all the Xy’phers along with him! What the hell is going on? Nia briefly looked up at the moon before biting her lip. Could it be that this world… is a playground for something much higher? Everything we’ve grown accustomed to is flipped and warped in this world, no, this realm. If that’s the case, then is this the power the King is capable of but never achieved because no one was there to push him?

The Red Emperor stared down at the castle, using his psychic powers in an attempt to crush May, Bara, Bage, and Berserk, however, his concentration was broken from Spawn and Panich’s attacks. He took the barrage of bullets and energy blast until he held out his hand, stopping each bullet aimed at him first. The Emperor then waved his hand and fired the barrage back at Spawn, riddling his cape with hundreds of holes, however, when Panich struck his face, his concentration broke again. He flew backwards and stopped himself midway through before holding his hand out at Panich, stopping her in her tracks. Pieces of his crown were missing thanks to Panich’s punch.

“Ah yes, Atomic Flare! One of my better Elites! Such a shame you have been reduced to this!” The Red Emperor boasted. “You dare use this power I blessed you with against ME? YOUR CREATOR?!” Panich’s crystal body started to crack and chip off as the King applied more pressure on her body. “I will turn you to dust!”

For a while, Nia could not move, mostly from the shock of seeing the King’s newfound power and transformation. All she could do is remember the fight she had with him, but no matter what she did, it would not affect the outcome of this fight. Then her eyes widen at a sudden realization.

“If he can break his limits, then so can I!”

She quickly noticed Panich in peril and shot herself up to the King. She slammed onto the King with her barrier, freeing Panich from his death grip. The Emperor crashed onto Spawn before using him to push himself back to Nia and Panich.

“Two traitors! Such disgusting creatures! I will gladly dispose of you BOTH!”

The Emperor’s robe-arms shot out and clasped together. Panich and Nia would slam onto each other thanks to an invisible force, unable to move. Nia’s cheek hit Panich’s as they were held together by the psychic powers. The Emperor’s eyes sparked when he noticed Bernkastel unconscious and quickly flew down towards the area, still holding some of the bullets Spawn fired and the two girls.

As Berserk tossed Bernkastel, Zenta caught the Witch in his arms, cradling her body close. For a moment, all he could do was stare at her, wondering how Bernkastel managed to conjure up the illusion, and if she was also responsible for the Lady in the Dress back in the manor.

Lady Bernkastel…

Zenta’s attention quickly shot up when he noticed the Emperor flying right at them. He tossed Bernkastel into the air and allowed his tails to wrap around the Witch and pin her to his back. The Emperor flung Panich and Nia at the floor, dragging them across before firing them directly at the castle. Nia’s eyes squeezed shut as she managed to create a powerful barrier around herself and Panich. Both girls crashed through the castle walls and landed on the other side. The force of the girls ramming through the castle shifted its direction, causing it to slow down as it approached Berserk, Bara, May, and Bage.

However, the Red Emperor floated between Zenta and the others and shot his hands towards both groups, firing the rest of Spawn’s bullets at the two. The bullets flew towards May, Bage, Bara, and Berserk, striking each of them. Bara was turned to Swiss cheese by how many holes were in her body. May was struck in the leg and chest, Bage’s back and chest were hit continuously, while Berserk was struck right in the eye. Zenta, on the other hand, used his hands to deflect as many bullets as he could, trying to fire them right back at the Red King. His hands were a blur while his feet dug into the ground.

“I will protect Bernkastel..!”

“You will protect no one, dog!”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom