The Reality Vortex: Red Reputations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bage's hopeful smile turned to a solemn frown. Doubt was to be expected, but to have this much animosity toward the Breakers was a little more than the detective expected. He wanted s badly to vouch for them, but decided against it. It wasn't his job to get the masses to understand them, if they truly want to fix the mess they made, The Breakers would follow this plan to a T and hopefully not respond to the curt words being thrown at them. Before hopping on the train, Bage looked back at the group to make sure they were following obediently and quietly. But to no surprise to the Saiyan detective, Gogeta and Spina were already making matters worse by terrifying the masses that ridiculed them. 

Now I'm starting to worry... Bage thought to himself with a heavy sigh. He soon turned away and lifted himself up and onto the train, finding himself a seat near Spawn.

"A shame that those two boneheads are ready to make things worse by flying off the handle, huh?" Jize then said to Bage as she went to him, "the others appear to have some sense in their willingness to follow the plan Spawn has set up. I personally doubt Spina is actually fit or stable enough to still be the ringleader of this group of misfits, given his current state..."

The Supreme Kai then got herself a cloth which she used to clean up her trident while waiting for Bage to respond.

As Lucifer finished his taunt towards Vegetto, the Potara fusion’s eyes turned onto the angel. He sat in his seat with his arms crossed, the glare already strong in addressing the angel. Yet Vegetto did not speak a word, his lips opened but no words came out. Instead, the sound of Cayde snapping his fingers a few inches in front of Lucifer’s face rung out. The android had leaned forward in his own seat next to Avalon and Beserk, his own mechanical voice somewhat stern.

“Hey guy, you’re on the mission too, ok? Let’s save the game of chicken after we beat the Red King, can we?”

Vegetto closed his mouth shortly after Cayde spoke; his trust in the android and immediate sense of control helping him avoid another bout of verbal wordplay with Lucifer.

However his attention shifted at the sight of Gogeta raising his head and turning up to stare down Jize with a scowl, leaning forward in front of Bage.

“Hey weakling, if you got something to say about me, say it to my face.”

Gogeta kept his scowl, his dual voice firm.

“C’mon, miss god. I’m through listenin’ to your quibbling. Hurry up and try to squash me.”

Vegetto let out an amused grunt, his head turning back forward at the sight.

“Calm down, Gogeta. There’s no need for this.”

Jize merely frowned at seeing Gogeta going off verbally like that.

"I have other things on my mind than having to deal with you at this point of time, Gogeta," she bluntly stated, "you're only proving my point by making a fool of yourself like that. As Vegetto said, there is no need for such meaningless banter, so stop acting like a toddler and get in line. We have a mission to complete."

May thinks "I got to give the breakers this they have more composer than what was indicated locally. As long they don't become fakes like the heroes here I fine with it." May has prepared for powerful but wend she was in the Refection she was underwhelmed by how weak even there strongest were. May thinks "I grant the Breakers are fools but they gave more of a work out than any "hero" hear had."  

May thinks "I shooed get my head in the game." May starts to run check to see if any Xy'phers have started to show up.

“You’re no fun, Cayde.” Lucifer made a playful frown when Cayde jumped in the conversation before Vegetto can make a response. “But rest assure, I’m hopeful that we will make good progress on this mission. Despite the playful banter, everyone is aware of what needs to be done. So, you don’t need to worry too much.” Prompting a genuine smile towards the android. Once Jize criticized Spina for his horrid leadership, he wanted to see if the leader was going to do something about it; however, he was fast asleep.

Spina crossed his arms, clearly out of it despite his demeanor earlier as he had his head facing the floor. Upon closer inspection, he had dark rings around his eyes.

Seeing that Spina won’t respond to what was happening, the angel turned to Gogeta, seeing that he will too, continue to let his anger get the best of him. However, Detective Spawn raised his foot and stomp the ground to make a loud noise to get their attention.

Detective Spawn placed his hand on Bage’s shoulders and gave a nod. Once Jize and Gogeta got into it, Spawn quickly interjected. “Knock it off. I won’t say it again.” His tone was firm and harsh. “I don’t have time to deal with your pointless banter nor any back and forth.” His eyes drifted towards the windows, seeing that they’re nearly at their location before turning to Breakers once more. “Once we’re done, if you want to beat each other up, be my fucking guest. But right now, we’re doing this: not just restore your reptutation, but your "friends" is in danger right now. So, chill the fuck out. Now. Don’t force my hand.” He was incredibly vague about in his final statement regarding forcing his hand, but it seems that there was another effect added when Spawn masked their energies with his own. “Understood? Good.” He said, not giving them a chance to acknowledge it. “Be quiet and ride out this train.”

"I mean, I'm still tellin' the truth to everyone, whether you like it or not. Tell your buddy to take it on the chin and own up to the consequences like the rest of us," Avalon shrugged at Cayde, getting annoyed that the robot still tried to downplay what actually happened. Even worse, he called him a liar.

Their deaths were your fault, Avalon... That's what you get for not telling me the truth.

"It's my fault... I..." He shook his head before clearing his throat. He dropped the topic and looked out the window of the train as it began to move. At least he found some distraction from the flashing lights and Gogeta's tantrum with Jize. He seemed a bit more content, even if things were slightly chaotic.

"Detective Spawn is right. Can we just... chill for two minutes?" Avalon frowned before slumping in his seat. "Did you forget that your friends are in danger right now? Y'know... prisoners?" The elf let out a sigh of defeat, knowing his words would fall on deaf ears to some. "Whatever, I guess..."

Zenta sat quietly next to Bernkastel, having very little to say about Gogeta's outburst toward Jize. One of his tails rested on the Witch's lap and the other on his own. As Spawn spoke about the 'friends' being in danger, he glanced away from the group, knowing fully well that Cuki was one of those in danger. His ears lowered, a sure sign of his depression looming over his shoulders as he thought of Cuki's fate. He tried to hide it from the other by glancing down at the citizens huddling on the far end of the train, trying to stay as far away from them as possible.

"Look at them... thinking they own the place," A man whispered to his friend. "They're better off dead."

"I heard they completely destroyed Metropolis, typical since they're a pack of freaks!" The friend whispered back.

"I don't know some of the newer faces, but I can't ever forget the Blue Devils, I saw when they destroyed everything. I was lucky to escape that day... I also remember some of the other ones too..."

"Isn't there one missing? The one who took our paint bomb to the face? The stupid thing with the ears?"

"Who?"

He heard the nasty whispers they said and the horrible rumors they started and it made him realize how Cuki desperate tried to prevent this type of life for the Breakers. The moment they began to bring up hints about Cuki instantly made him bare his canine teeth with hostility. He remained composed and picked specks of dirt off his tail. However, his thoughts were broken when he noticed a lady staring directly at the Breakers, barely budging or moving from her seat. She said nothing to them and kept a long creepy stare at them.

As the train sped up through the city, it finally arrived at the famous Reflection Café. The door opened and the people quickly rushed out of the train in order to avoid getting near the Breakers. Right in front of the station was the Café. Avalon was the first to exit and took a deep breath, smelling the fresh scent of coffee in the air along with other delicious pastries. Compared to the others, he seemed very excited about being in the new city, even if it overwhelmed him. He managed to ignore most of the rude comments and go on ahead. He slid down the railing of the metro station and made his way to the cafe across the street.

"C'mon guys, this place smells awesome! They got snacks! City snacks!"

The Reflection Train

“Hey, will you guys shut up!? We’re on the goddamn train here. Some of us like going to work in pieces.” Another person responded to the ones that spoke about the Breakers, jabbing their shoulder at their torso to get them to stop talking. They don’t have any positive feelings about the Breakers, but seeing Gogeta and Jize arguing among each other, they were pretty terrified that it will lead to a brawl of some kind, and they don’t want to be collateral damage. Of course, when the train finally stop, everyone rushed out, whether it was there stop or not, to avoid any confrontation.

As Bage expected, their reputation had truly fallen in the last few months; most of the distaste was geared towards Gogeta and Bernkastel. Whether they can fully restore their reputation is truly up to the Breakers and Detective Spawn is banking that of if they managed to get throw this one mission by working together like a team, and leave behind any friction between one another, they would at least realize the “good feeling” of being like at some capacity.

Reflection Café

Upon arrival, as many people on the train disperse, there was a noticeable change in the atmosphere and tone. When the Breakers take their leave from the train, as Avalon was the first to leave and head to the Café, the people did took noticed of their appearance, but went along with their lives.

“Is that the Breakers?” One spoke. “Well, good thing she’s here. So, we got nothing to worry about.”

“Yep. Null Knight is currently working at the café today. Oh shit, is that Vegetto? Maybe I should ask for an autograph. You think he’ll sign my forehead? Yo! Vegetto! Can you sign my forehead!! I have a pen!!”

“I don’t see why not! Have you seen the Detectives and May? Oh, I do wish I can have Bage sign my photo of him! He’s so dreamy! Hey! Can I have your autograph, mister!” The young adult shouted at Bage.

“Man, I love this city!! So many heroes are coming in full forces! Who doesn’t like heroes?”

There were plenty of posters planted all over the walls of the café that showcases the newest heroes that arrived in Reflection City few months ago, and as Avalon said once his canary appeared; they all exploded in popularity. And because of the knowledge of a hero working at the café, the people around the Reflection Café weren’t as harsh in comparison to the people in the front or on the train. Still, they kept their distance and tried to avoid any eye contact. Although some did do a double take upon seeing the Detectives and Vegetto.

Detective Spawn stood up once again. “Alright, we managed to get there. Just zone out the people around you, and let’s get this done.” Spawn exited the train, seeing that the rude people were practically gone, and the other people were more or less focused on other things, although they kept their distance. “She’ll be at the nearest table to the entrance, so we won’t missed her. She’ll wave to us just in case.”

Spawn headed towards the café since they are so close to getting to step 2 of the mission. He’s not the type to sign autographs or anything and simply focused on the mission.

“I hope they have something delightful than pitiful ramen. I can finally get to dine a quality cuisine.” Lucifer remarked as he left the train and made his way towards the café.

Spina on the other hand is still asleep on the train.

Brachi, Jize and Majin Bara each exited the train and followed Spawn, nodding in acknowledgement.

"I only hope we can get this over with quickly," Brachi thought to herself, "I'm getting quite agitated at having to deal with all of this... we've got a magic woman among us whom has piqued Bara's interest at least, but also a berserker with extreme blood-knight tendencies, a fusion whose behavior makes Gotenks' more tolerable in his young age back then and an angel whom more or less feels like a frigging troll to me with how he has acted overall... if only my other friends were here, we would have formulated a plan of action far quicker... but since only Bara and Jize are here, I just have to make do with what I've got at this time; I'll just have to co-ordinate my actions with them and the others present here, if they are actually willing to follow through with this plan and hopefully make things better for us for once... if this is going to mess up, I'm going to kill whoever made up that law of where everything that can go wrong WILL go wrong for being proven right again..." 

Cayde groaned audibly at Avalon's firm response, dropping his face into his gloved palms for a moment. The aggitation rose in his voice, his pitch raising higher in a sarcastic twist to try and continue the argument against the uncompromising ninja.

"Kid, it's not just him that will get consequences if you keep doin this. We'll all get-"

He suddenly stopped, the random occupant throwing out the request for the two to shut up cutting him off mid rant. The android paused, his head turning slowly to the onlooker and listening as he watched another occupant try to get the original speaker to shut up. Cayde looked the two up and down slowly, chuckling uneasily.

"Sorry pal."

As the train finally came to a halt to the destination, Cayde leaned back as the swarm of people rushed out of the train. His cape and hood flapped slightly in the wind generated from such an exodus, and once the entire occupancy had vacated, he rose up to his feet with a heavy sigh.

"Almost there."

Vegetto rose up next, following after the others with his arms unfolding to drop to his sides. He side eye glanced towards Spina, seeing the older Saiyan still asleep but making no move to wake or pull him out of the train. His eyes shifted behind him, making sure that Gogeta followed after him while the others were also stepping out into the city street. The three walked with the group into the cafe, waiting for Detective Spawn's direction on what to do next. However, as the fan called out to Vegetto, the Potara fusion turned his eyes over to look at him.

Vegetto broke out into a small smirk at the request, walking over and his dual voice laced with the extensive pride that came from his sense of worth being validated by the onlooker.

"Of course."

He reached out, taking the pen in his right white gloved hand while Gogeta looked on with utter disgust. However, as Vegetto popped off the cap to the sharpie, a strong gust of wind billowed out in every direction that shook the entire cafe. Vegetto gasped, stumbling a bit at the sudden muscular arm that pushed him to the side and the pen suddenly being snatched from his hand.

Gogeta grinned with a malicious smirk, having been the source of the sudden outburst. The fusion lashed out with his free hand, firmly gripping the side of the fan's head and his other raising the pen to the poor individual's forehead. He bared his white teeth even wider as he forcefully dug into the skin and scribbled with the pen, the fruits of his labor visible to anyone close by once finished with the signature of "Gogeta, The Blue Devil" instead of the fan's requested autograph of Vegetto.

Once he had finished his work, Gogeta shoved the fan down to the floor with a light push, whirling around and tensing his arm muscles to the cafe inhabitants.

"Anyone else want an autograph?! Huh?!"

His eyes narrowed fiercely into a glare, his dual voice still raised in a shout while the malicious smirk remained. He hurled the pen into the ground, causing a quick loud pitch shatter to ring out while he continued.

"Bring as many heroes as you want! They won't stop the Blue Devils from smashing you to pieces! Stay out of our way if you know what's good for you!"

Vegetto frowned with an intense glare, immediately preparing to lunge out and start a brawl. His eyes caught Cayde in the corner of his eye, however, the android fiercely waving his hands up to signal for Vegetto to stop. Vegetto paused in his stance, his energy lowering a bit and remaining silent while he glanced around the cafe to see and gauge the reactions of not only the onlookers, but the detectives and the remaining Breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom