The Reality Vortex: New Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross thinks "I can't fault Goku for following orders no matter how vile they were. Its funny how under informed he is about my holdings." Cross says "I will agree with Whis as well."

Cross says to Blanch "Do keep in mind that kind of what my aid workers are doing."

Cross says to Pinch "Don't bother trying to brake them."

Detective Goku remained silent as he listen to each of the Breakers offering their points and arguments for him to reconsidered. Points that he can’t disagree with right-away, especially when Whis brought up his actions that lead to the events of the Tournament of Power. At that moment, had Detective Goku argued, he would be placed in a bind where he’s forced to admit that he changed as a result and made up his actions. Whilst he’d forced to agree on the possibility that the Breakers can changed as well without retorting to double-standard on himself.

The detective lowered his head to think for a few moments, after majority of them declared to vouched for them, even after the negative stigma will dramatically shaped their lives from now on. He’d turn to Spina, seeing if he’ll make a comment.

“The Breakers haven’t done much in these three years, and we haven’t done much activity nor exploration about this world either. But that’ll change. I’ll take charge of the group rather than Bernkastel, and they will follow my lead. I can ensue you, Kakarot, this will never happen again. Even you know that even the evilest of foes can mend their ways. I don’t think I need to bring up your actions where you put your belief in someone who doesn’t deserve it.”

Lucifer frown when the Breakers are expressing themselves so obstinately to saved Bernkastel and Gogeta. In his mind, this goes against the anarchical mindset that the Breakers had—something that truly concerned him.

The detective turned to both Gogeta and Bernkastel. After hearing everyone’s thoughts, he released his firm grasp on the duo, dropping on them on the ground abruptly. “Fine.” Detective Goku said. “I’ll accept the pleas for reconsideration. You two should consider yourself lucky that you have “friends” willingly deal with the baggage you placed upon them.” After adjusting his glasses, he’d returned his hands into his pocket. “Don’t waste their kindness with more of your foolish actions and make them regret vouching for you.”

Spina took a deep breath. “….Thanks.”

“No need.” Detective Goku said walked away from the group. “If you can truly change, then so do.” However, the detective stopped, standing near Whis. “But.

Brachi and Bara remained silent, wanting to know what Detective Goku had to say with that 'but', noting that there was a serious condition coming up in terms of their promise to change for the better, especially concerning Gogeta and Bernkastel.

Gogeta huffed as he collapsed onto the floor, the small movement enough to daze him given how much damage he had sustained in the fight. He rubbed his arms, caressing them with a heavy, childish grimace while Whis remained still. The taller angel kept his same, warm smile across his face at the affirmations, and once Detective Goku stopped in front of him, he turned his eyes down to the man.

Whis waited silently, his gaze expectantly waiting for Detective Goku to issue his terms.

After being dropped onto the floor, Bernkastel let out a little yowl before shaking her head and body. She looked between Detective Goku and Whis while stretching her neck to relax it from behind held so long. 

Is it not enough to be wading through the muck that is now my name alone? She thought with a huff, though considering the atmosphere she didn't say anything. Wait... does this mean I'm going to be babysat too?! How much more do I have to be humiliated and be dragged through mud! Bern crossed her paws over her chest in dismay. I don't believe this!

Cross thinks "True I not explored as much I would have liked but I been active speeding various business I own." As the book he held vanished.

Cross says "So now for the internal issues with the Breakers." 

Cross pulls on the chines moving Pinch closer and says "she is one them."

“But?” Spina narrowed his eyes.

“I’ll be watching keeping a careful eye on you, Breakers. You avoided punishment for now, sure, but in the future….” The Detective turned around and raised his right foot and slammed against the ground. The force behind it was staggering; as his foot pressed firmly against the ground, he’d drag it back slightly, but the powerful resulted the entire earth underneath the Breakers being pulled towards his direction.

The woman tipped over and fell on her behind as she held onto Lucifer. Lucifer rubbed his head. “Ouch…”

Spina narrowed his eyes as he tried to maintain his balance. It happen so fast that the gap between the Breakers and Detective was practically gone. The old Saiyan looked up, seeing the Detective’s face nears his own. Despite wearing black glasses, Spina felt some strangeness in his eyes—something different.

“If I find anything, any kind of incident that ties back to you in some way. I’m going to haul you in. Any resistance will be met with appropriate force—be advised, I’m not the type who likes to prolong a battle. I will break you down quickly and efficiency. I won’t accept any more negotiation from that point, and I won’t hesitate to track you people down if I have too if you tried to run. So I urge you to seriously think of your actions from now on; the moment you screw up, and you realized the situation you are in, you might as well end your own life right then and there. At least you don’t have to suffer the utter humiliation in my wake. Or wait—and I’ll do it for you.” Detective Goku turned to Whis for a second, before turning back to the Breakers. “Don’t make me regret my decision.”

The Detective Goku stood straight up and walked backwards, his body broken down atomically, then completely vanishing in thin air.

Spina sweated a bit after Detective Goku effectively told them that the Breakers were now on his “list”. He’d turned around, seeing that the Detective have split the earth practically, making a giant canyon that makes it impossible for one to jump over the other side without flight. “His energy spike up for a second, that’s a lot of damn power he has… Those eyes…” Spina muttered to himself, before taking a deep breath. “We barely scrape on by."

Cross says unaffected by goku's sudden departure "we only avoided a pointless fight Spina." All coins were gathered and/or handed off to the goblins.

Panich rolled her eyes as Detective Goku took his leave. She grunted softly as Cross yanked at the chains binding her arms to her body, to bring her closer to the group. She gave an icy glare to the sorcerer.

"Piss off, you bag of bones. I'm pretty sure it's obvious I'm not one of you anymore."

Cross says in a scarily professional tone "Your betray is still counts as an internal despite you not being one us Miss Pinch."

Zenta wobbled about but managed to maintain his balance, for the most part, his tails being the main support. He let out a sigh of relief, knowing that they Breakers would have one final chance to redeem themselves. He turned to Cuki who was picking herself back up on her feet from Goku's display of power. She dusted herself off and pressed her hands against her face to try to wake herself up. Without saying a word, she walked next to her Master and yawned, showing that her lack of sleep was finally getting the best of her.

"Can we just go home and rest now..? I haven't slept for a little more than three days..." Cuki groaned. 

At least the worst is done and over with. Now we must tend to the misconduct of certain Breakers... Zenta said while gazing at Gogeta. This new Breaker is familiar with Whis, perhaps a student of his back from their world. Speaking of students...

Zenta then turned to Cuki for a moment before heading to Bernkastel and lifting the grumpy kitty into his arms, already in love with her tiny form. Once he got the hang of how to properly hold the kitty, it sent a wave of comfort to the beast. To Bernkastel, all the fluff and fur would feel like a poofy bed for her, most likely comforting the cat in such a hard time. The way Zenta held the kitty, it seemed almost personal for him. 

"Ah, holding this little Bernkastel form reminds me of the days I had my younglings," Zenta chuckled as he petted Bernkastel's stomach. "So small but so stubborn and full of life. But anywho, I do believe we are all tired and in desperate need of rest. I certainly need to catch up on what has happened in my absence."

Gogeta yelped, rolling along towards Detective Goku from the force behind his movement. He managed to catch himself a bit, sitting up while Whis maintained his position in being close enough to the detective in not experiencing much of the force.

The taller angel kept his smile, watching Detective Goku depart.

“My, he even mastered my own technique. First Vegeta, and now Goku; this truly is a marvelous world we find ourselves in.”

Whis’ head perked a bit at the voices of Cuki and Zenta, turning on his heel a bit.

“Oh yes, that would be a wonderful idea. Let’s retire to a nice relaxing living room where we can all catch up with one another while our dear Ms. Cuki can catch up on her beauty sleep!”

Gogeta grunted, slowly picking himself up. His eyes wandered towards Zenta, a genuine concern forming on his face as he flailed his arms a bit.

“Hey! Careful with her; she’s been through a lot!”

"Ow..." Bernkastel rubbed at her head from the sudden movement made by Goku's forcible stomping. "I got it, I got it, fine..." She was still shaken up by surprise when Zenta picked her up, and especially since he looked like a giant in her small perspective.

"Hey wait a minute, I am not... a... pet..." Bern trailed off as soon as Zenta settled her into his arms, feeling the alluring softness of his fur. Following Cuki, she yawned immediately after as the sleepiness began to set in. Even though she slept 3 days prior it felt like she ran 3 marathons in a row. "Well, this is quite... yawn... comfortable." The small kitty witch curled up her legs with her tail flicking about, starting to doze off.

"It has been quite a day... let's retire somewhere different," she concurred. "But if you don't mind I will nap just fine with all this fluff. More luxurious than a feather down pillow... oh my..." She yawned again.

“Yes…” Lucifer said. “I believe that a rest is in order. I do believe that I need my disciple’s coin back. He’ll be thrill to finally returned, and not be suppressed in that state anymore.” The small yawned, as the woman carrying him walked through the doorway and entered Cross’ Mansion.

Spina stared at the ground in deep thought. He tuned out everyone else of their discussion amongst each other, wondering about their next step. He turned to Panich, who angrily shouting at Cross for being constrained. He turned to others, seeing that everyone is clearly exhausted of at the event. Now that the Breakers are effectively under surveillance by the Detective Agency, and Spina himself decided to take on a more leadership role. Snapping out of it, Spina turned to the rest of the Breakers. He saw that Cross collected all the Vortex Coins of his underlings, along the coins dropped by Hart by the dolls. However, he noticed that several of them had already been taken. In seems that in that split second before Detective Goku grabbed Gogeta, he’d already taken few of the coins.

“Let’s get some rest and get everything sorted out once we’re inside.” He eyed Cuki for a moment and noting that she’s been acting quite strange since her mentor finally appeared. The old Saiyan walked towards the doorway before giving a nod at Panich and went into the other side.

Cross says "if your concerned about the coins that Goku token. I let him take those coins because he was under no obligation to bring the coins of my underlings to me or let me have them nor was I to let him take his marks." If Goku noticed that non of the coins that he taken were held by a Doll and that would show Cross did know what coins Goku wanted.

Cross says as he pulled the chains binding Pinch "I do agree the rest can be handled this one place of mine." Walking in the doorway to the mansion as he was pulling Pinch all the way.

The Dolls followed behind Cross.

"No worries, Bernkastel will be fine in my care." Zenta smiled at Gogeta.

As Zenta walked forward towards the doorway to Cross's manor, Cuki was close behind him, blankly staring towards the ground. The young Saiyan did not speak much during the whole event despite both her Master and Whis coming back, the two people which she adored. Yet, there was no emotion, no happy cheer, there was barely even an acknowledgment. Zenta took note of his student's behavior and his passive smile turned flat.

I wonder if the others are aware of the situation...

(I'm going to assume they are already inside the manor)

As Zenta and Cuki entered Cross's manor, Cuki slowly walked towards a nearby sofa before sitting down on it, letting out a long exhausted sigh. Her ears laid flat on top of her head while she slumped lazily on the couch, gazing readily at the empty space before her. The youngster's face would occasionally show hints of stress, pain, and holding back but would quickly fix her nerves back to normal before anyone asked. 

"Finally... some peace and quiet," Cuki mumbled silently.

Zenta studied his student as he carefully petted Bernkastel before placing her on a pillow on a nearby sofa chair. He then trailed over to Cuki and stood next to her by the sofa with his arms behind his back. Cuki eyed him suspiciously before returning back to her dead stare at the vacant air in front of her. Her hand gripped the sofa arm tightly, nearly digging her nails into the fabric despite her expression. Zenta's tails swayed harmoniously behind him as he spoke out to the others.

"So tell me Whis, that youngster over there," Zenta nudged his head towards Gogeta. "I assume he is another student of yours? Quite the energetic fellow."

"You don't know the half of it, Zenta..." Cuki grumbled under her breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom