The Reality Vortex: New Roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brachi eagerly joined in for the food, having a stack of her favorites with her as she began wolfing down her food like any other Saiyan would, yet showed a tight bit of restraint to make it not look as obvious as Goku once did, before she could introduce herself to their new guests.

Spina lowered his head towards the ground after Gogeta mentioned Doctor Doom—that was the last name he wanted to hear in the morning. “Yeah, it was a battle. Can’t say it was a good one.” He didn’t add much into that topic much after that. Seeing Cuki bringing a feast, for the first time in a while, lighted his mood a bit. Taking a seat and grabbing his portion of food, Spina noticed that she was piling more food on the table. “Listen kid, they aren’t here for a feast. They wanted some answers, well, one of them, so let’s not go overboard?”

Spina was seated near Gogeta, turning to him to at least give an answer. “You mention that you were looking for Vegetto. Unfortunately, he left this place a long time ago. We have no idea where he is right now.” Spina picked up the bowl of ramen and drank it without the need of a fork or chopsticks, since he can only use one arm. It did burn his tongue when he was first exposed to such a dish when Vegetto made it back then, but he grow use to the boiling heat. “Since you're looking for him… is Vegetto your twin brother or something?” He asked, waiting for his name and response.

The saiyan princess wasn't too happy with how they underestimated her abilities, especially with the display of power. She had shown while facing off against Gogeta. But after seeing the gust of power by Spina, the princess certainly did reconsider her plan. She could only scowl as the gale whipped passed the two of them, the chill down her spine causing her to freeze up. 

And before she knew it, she was being ushered along in with the others. She uncomfortably shuffled into the apartment, listening to the others acquaint themselves with Gogeta, seeing as he was on a different mission then her. 

Panich huffed and went to interject, before a bowl of rice with all the fixings was practically shoved into her face. She looked at Cuki, then back down at the beautifully decorated bowl. Fighting did work up an appetite after all. "Panich." She replied to the question of her name, before hesitantly taking a bite. Then another. And another, until she was practically stuffing her mouth.

"That's a nice name," Brachi then said to Panich, "I'm Brachi, pleased to meet you." 

If Panich would observe Brachi, she would sense that she too had Saiyan blood running through her veins... but there was something off about her...

Cross says "I should introduce or in some cases reintroduce the one siting next to me, Her name is Lady Lightstep." Points at Lady Lightstep.

"Leave her be. It's been eons since we've had guests who aren't power-hungry dolts like Ultraman, for once," Bernkastel lightly chided Spina. "Besides, it's nice to not have to eat frozen dinners again. If I think about takeaway pizza one more time, I might go mad." She set the tuna bits on tiny plates for her familiars to nibble, placing her hands together before she cut into her salmon. "Thanks for the meal."

After she spent several moments chewing on her first slice and savoring it, she spoke. "I suppose it would be fun to the outsiders who watched. Let's just say Vegetto didn't walk away feeling that way." Bern idly sliced her vegetables into meticulously tiny cubes, but she didn't seem keen on eating them like her salmon. "I suppose we aren't as weary to let you in because you bear much resemblance to him. But we've found no leads on where he went off to... would be nice though. Embarrassing Ultraman in front of a crowd is a nice bonus to that."

She didn't feel very perplexed about why exactly the two Saiyans showed up at their door, since it was mainly easy to guess based on having Saiyans for roommates. But if they had other reasons beyond simply bragging rights, Bern might become more inclined to listen. The witch took a long drink from her glass of wine and swirled it around as she waited politely for Gogeta to say his piece first.

Gogeta grinned, happily scarfing down a couple of large plates in front of him. He had momentarily paused, however, listening in to Spina's explanation. He had glanced around throughout the room to the others as he and Bernkastel spoke, fidgeting a bit in discomfort at the solemn energy he felt from each of the Breakers. Gogeta managed a small, half chuckle, setting his plate down.

"Heh...well, I never thought of us as 'brothers'...but I think that word would be the closest if I had to choose."

Gogeta wiped his mouth a bit, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"I am Gogeta...we're both, well, created by fusion of Goku and Vegeta. He was made through the use of Potara while I'm the result of the dance. We were both part of the same Time Patrol...he and I were the best fighters that worked for our God of Time, Kassava. I don't know how I got here, but when I heard the Vegetto from my universe was here too from all the locals...I had to find him."

He frowned a bit, looking down at the plate.

"But...he walked away? Didn't like the fight? That doesn't sound like him though: Vegetto always loved to fight, maybe even more than I did at times!"

Gogeta turned his head back up, shifting in his seat with a small smile and blissfully unaware of the context of the situation.

"Maybe that Doom guy was too weak to give you Breakers a real challenge, eh?"

Brachi narrowed her eyes.

"On the contrary, Doom gave us a whole lot of trouble. Kassava was sadly one of the casualties..." She said, waiting for Gogeta to let this sink in, or let the other Breakers chime in...

Cuki frowned upon Gogeta mentioning Kassava but tried not to show any signs of distress. She could not bring herself to say what happened all those years ago. 

I guess he never saw what happened to Kassava... I don't know if we should tell him. Cuki's ears flatten on top of her head. Maybe it's a bit too soon to bring that up, we should try to find Vegetto...

She silently ate her food before perking moving up to grab seconds. Cuki was careful to pick a little bit of everything from between the Breakers and her guests. Now that most of the food was eaten, she took a seat next to Cross and Lady Lightstep, watching Spina and Gogeta talk. Her thoughts trailed off to Vegetto and his depression and she wondered if he was fine. 

"Hey, Gogeta, was it? Errm... say hypothetically, Vegetto was depressed about something, where would he go and what would he do? Do you think a good fight would cheer him up?"

Cuki was careful with her question, trying not to spark anything. She ate her food, awaiting an answer as she occasionally put an extra piece of food on Cross and Lady Lightstep's plate, no doubt coming from her inflated culinary ego.

Panich glanced over at Brachi with her mouth full of food and nodded at her greeting. She noticed that her aura and appearance was a little off-putting, which made her a bit suspicious of the female fusion. Instead of engaging her though, she simply turned back to the table to grab more food when she had run out. 

Then a sudden sense of sadness befell the room. Panich glanced around at the group of Breakers at Gogeta's mention of Vegetto. Something bad must have happened to him if even the mention brought the entire mood down.

After hearing their names, and seeing them enjoying the food, Spina thought that he made be a bit harsh on Cuki for bringing too much food on the table. It has been a while since they had a decent meal as Bernkastel said, Spina decided to be less firm. However, the mood shifted when Gogeta stated that Doctor Doom wasn't a challenge.

Brachi gave a brief explanation of the ordeal but wasn’t very thorough. Spina turned to Gogeta. “Doctor Doom was a formidable opponent—perhaps the strongest person I ever fought. He was cunning, intelligence and pack a ton of power. That man flat out erase entire universes and forced a merging of all worlds as you see now. I can assure you—he was not weak.”

Spina put the bowl on the table. “Vegetto left… because he lost his beloved, Kassava.” He added her name as supposed to Cuki being vague about Vegetto’s situation. Considering that Gogeta considered him brothers, he saw no harm at least providing some context. “She was someone that he cannot get back. Someone he was denied access too. I see that man battle like a damn beast—perhaps, I don’t know him as well as you did, Gogeta, but his eyes… the light in them disappeared into darkness. That fighting drive… he lost it. After that, we haven’t seen him since.”

Cross did thank Cuki before eating more. Cross thinks as he keeps eating "This was my first time in the eye of the storm and it was just as bad as those that actually lived true it clamed. I do hope they get to see a typical eternity." Lady Lightstep did thank Cuki.

Cuki said nothing as Spina pointed out the obvious to Gogeta. She silently ate her food, assuming that Gogeta would break down similar to how Vegetto did. It was awkward for her to break down the hard news for someone but Spina was always quick to the punch, which is why she looked up to him, similar to how she looks up to all the Breakers. The young Saiyan let out a sigh, already finishing her second plate of food.

"So much for 'easing him in', Spina," Cuki shook her head. "But I guess he had to know one way or another... It's true, Vegetto saw his wife disappear and, well... shortly after, he just left. He said there was nothing left for him and it looked as if he completely gave up on fighting altogether. We were kinda hoping you'd know what he'd be up to. Maybe you have an idea as to what Vegetto does or where he goes when he's depressed? He was my cooking rival. I mean, I was always the better cook, but I liked the competition." Cuki paused for a moment before gently picking at a grain of rice on her plate. "It's just really lonely without all the Breakers here... We've been through thick and thin with Vegetto, y'know so it's just really awkward he's not here."

Cuki leaned upright against her hand, not making eye contact with anyone. She remained quiet for the meanwhile, allowing the others to say their piece.

Gogeta blinked, a small frown forming at Spina's more firm response to his jest. He glanced around a bit, fidgetting in slight discomfort at the tone change. Yet the admission of Kassava's death drew his undivided attention, his eyes widening slightly in turning back to Spina. His pupils slowly turned down, the stunned expression remaining while he sat in his seat. Gogeta had barely moved even at Cuki's request, his dual voice falling a bit in line with the mood of the room.

"Oh."

Gogeta sat for a moment, managing to slowly close his slightly agape mouth. His eyes turned back up only a bit, his head lifting towards Spina yet his words more of a reply to Cuki's request.

"I...well...she was a good friend to me but...I can't imagine what he must be thinking right now. Vegetto always had this...invincibility about him when it comes to stuff like that. Something like Kass dying...I'm not really sure what he'd do."

Gogeta fully lifted his head, the eyebrows narrowing slightly.

"The locals said the fight was recorded. Is there anyway you can show me what really happened that day?"

Brachi remained silent, continuing to eat while trying to put her mind aside from what has happened back then. It was clear she too was highly affected, yet she tried to hold onto what remains of her own sanity. She actually had sympathized with Vegetto and understood why he left; she would have likely done the same thing if it wasn't for the fact that Bara would be back with her someday... she held onto that hope ever since...

Spina turned to Cuki about her concerns on easing Gogeta in. He’d disagree with that mindset. The sense of time is all over the place, and death is practically meaningless generally. “There is no point of beating around the bush about this. He was going to find out eventually, and to delay it will probably give him a world of hurt more.” The old Saiyan answered. In his mind, Saiyans can handle something like this—even when there are exceptions, and to not tell him now would seem cruel in a world without end.

However, Spina’s ears perked the moment Gogeta mentioned something about their battle being recorded. He was aware of their battle being broadcast across the new world, but not this information. “I don’t think the fight was recorded…” Spina paused for a moment. “But then again, knowing Doctor Doom, that metal battle probably did record it as a way to gloat.” Spina picked up the bowl again, outright drinking soup until there was none left. “If you don’t have an idea where he went, then we can’t offer anything for you to find him, unfortunately… but for the recording… I’m new to that.” Spina turned to the others. “You guys aware of this recording?”

"Well, when you put it like that..." Cuki frowned before shifting her attention to the talk about the recorded fight. "Oh! Wait, I remember now! There's a channel that runs the fight! The Doom Network I think. Kinda weird seeing the fight put on rerun on this channel but I guess it's to educate the newcomers that arrive." 

Cuki stood from her seat and skipped to the TV, turning it on to the appropriate channel. It only shows the fight from when Doom was about to erase them with Supreme Doom and when he created the world. She urged Gogeta to come sit on the sofa, along with Spina and Bernkastel. She didn't seem interested in the fight, almost as if watching it gave her an uneasy feeling. She returned to the table and picked up the plates from the feast, putting everything in the sink and washing them accordingly. She turned to Panich and made a cocky smile.

"I bet that's the best tasting food you ever had, huh?" Cuki gloated. "I know that hit the spot! So what made you wanna fight us? Still think you can handle it?"

Bernkastel had finished her food but kept her wine bottle close by, refilling her glass again as she shook her head. 

"No thanks. You guys can watch it without me. It isn't something I need to experience more than once." She declined politely, her dead eyes shifting over to Panich in a way that staring directly into them might cause a sense of unease since they seemed to have no reflection of light. "I'd rather know a little more about our challenger here. You mistook Gogeta for Vegetto, right? Any reason you seek a fight with us in particular? I know Saiyans are keen to seeking out strong fighters like sharks are drawn to chum but it's a bit different now that we're some kind of household name." Bern briefly wrinkled her nose at the thought, putting her elbow on the table to prop up her head as she drank from the glass.

"More precisely, what do you intend to gain from trying your hand at it? Bragging rights is hardly a prize, all things considered."

Gogeta hopped over his seat, quickly moving to the small couch at Cuki's gesture.

"Oh perfect! Thanks a bunch!"

He quickly vaulted himself up over the headrest of the couch, landing comfortably on the cushion. The fight had already been playing through, the screen depicting the few gathered Breakers powered up and facing off with Doom. Having been sitting for a few seconds, Gogeta's eyes widened in staring down the screen, specifically in the silvery fire that swirled around Vegetto.

"Oh wow...that's Ultra Instinct. I don't recognize the other forms...but those eyes! Man...I wish I could use that power!"

Gogeta turned his eyes down a bit, noticing a small red and white striped box being offered to him from below. The golden buttery popcorn gleamed a bit in the light, a familiar voice ringing out with a warm tone.

"Popcorn?"

Gogeta grinned, reaching down and turning his eyes towards the screen.

"Oh, thanks!"

The fusion happily munched on a handful of the popcorn pulled from the box, but to any onlookers besides Bernkastel and Cross, it appeared as if Gogeta were grabbing only air and chewing on nothing within his mouth. Gogeta sat slightly upright, watching the first exchanges of combat begin with a delighted tone and a stuffed mouth to muffle his dual voice.

"Wow...you ghuys are rweally strong! Dis Dwoom guy could fwight Ultraw Instwinct?"

"Why yes! It took all of our combined efforts, but we managed to win."

Gogeta stopped his chewing, the familiar voice finally catching his actual attention. His head turned slightly with a small gasp, his eyes widening.

"Whis?!"

Whis kept his traditional warm smile, sitting down casually on the couch next to Gogeta with his legs crossed underneath his robes. He held the small bucket of popcorn in one hand, his eyebrows perking.

"It's been a long time, Gogeta. You look well."

Gogeta blinked hard for a moment, his right eyebrow raised.

"Wait...you're here too?!"

To the other occupants in the room, Gogeta seemed to be talking to absolutely nothing sitting next to him on the couch. Whis' appearance was only visible to Bernkastel and Cross besides the fusion, the taller angel stiffling a small giggle. He leaned to the back of the couch, politely waving towards Bernkastel and Cross if their attention was towards the couch, before turning back to Gogeta.

"Oh of course! I fought Doom in the first portion of the battle, you didn't see it but I died there to help wound him deeper for the Breakers."

Gogeta blinked, his jaw hanging a bit in the stunning revelation.

"You...fought?!"

Whis nodded curtly.

"Indeed, it was quite an enjoyable battle if I do say so myself!"

Gogeta groaned audibly, crossing his arms.

"Aww!! That's not fair: I want to fight Doom now!! If he was strong enough to make you fight...and Vegetto tapped into Ultra Instinct again...then he must've been a great fighter!!"

Whis nodded once more, his eyebrows narrowing.

"He did not just tap into it; he mastered it. Well before you have even managed to learn the technique."

Gogeta blinked, turning back to Whis who continued on.

"I apologize, but I must keep this reunion short. I was surprised to see you here in this world too, but when I saw your brawl on the television in front of the Breaker complex, I had to use this power once more. I have a great many things left to explore here in this fascinating reality, but I do believe you might be a great help to aid the Breaker's healing."

Gogeta frowned, uncrossing his arms.

"Why me?"

Whis kept his smile, rising up off the couch.

"Because, it's just as that darling Cuki over there said: it is a bit lonely here without all of the Breakers. You are the only one who can find him."

Gogeta raised an eyebrow, watching Whis start to stroll for the exit.

"But how? I don't even know where to start looking."

Whis came to a halt, near the table with the others and turning slightly to Gogeta.

"Use your instincts, Gogeta. It has taken me a long time to understand your kind, but I do believe the best way to bring out your talents is to give you the proper motivation."

He raised his right hand up, his pointer finger extended.

"And that motivation, is simply that now, only Vegetto can teach you how to use Ultra Instinct. Find him, and you will become stronger."

Gogeta's eyes remained wide, happily nodding his head.

"Alright! Yeah...Vegetto's the only one who knows Ultra Instinct!! I gotta find him if I want to get stronger!"

Whis kept a small, warm smile in almost chuckling at the naive enthusiasm, turning slightly towards. His expression dropped shortly, however, in approaching Bernkastel. He kept a solemn stare, reaching out and gently gripping onto her shoulder, giving it a small squeeze with his voice low.

"I'm so sorry for your loss. If I find a way, I'll do whatever I can to bring her back."

Whis didn't wait for a reply however, offering Bernkastel a small bow as his warm smile returned, and just as quickly as he appeared, Whis vanished from the sight of the only three people who could see him in the first place.

Lady Lightstep thinks "this is way we need to make shore our Overlord dos not do any thing like this agene." Cross thinks "I hoping this dos not spark more over protective measures form her or the other female lutendents."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom