The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Do as you please, it is on Bernkastel’s discretion on whatever repercussions it can potentially happened if you decided to act on your own.” Doom, without even a glance towards the speedster, kept his attention on the match between Kassava and the Detective. 

“Well, it seems that you are getting pump Cross, so get out there and make some magic happen!” Voice, using his tiny arms, tried, and fail, to push Cross into a match. He noticed that Brachi was saying something to him. “Don’t know what you are saying, since we’re too far away, but hey, since you are already running off the mouth, here’s your opponent!” 

===

“So… the crowned Prince and Kassava… curious matchup, indeed.” said Spina. He did not get to see Vegeta’s skills since he was immobile during the library fiasco. 

The detective studied Kassava’s body language; the way she moved her arms, the pitiful eye movements, the soft language when she speaks and the submissive attitude of rushing through this match. It was not an alien feeling to Vegeta…. he knows it far too well. He almost wanted to give out some sympathetic words for some encouragement, but he knew that it would not work.

Instead, Vegeta tensed his muscles as the white aura continues scorching around his body. “Goddess of time, right?” He matched Kassava’s action, pump-to-pump, not caring about her lack of motivation. On the final pump, realizing that she went for paper, Vegeta’s body suddenly emitted an explosive aura around his body.

Spina narrowed his eyes. He did not think much of the white aura earlier, but when the initial white color suddenly changes to a silver and bluish tint, he started to sweat a bit. “Wait… isn’t that?”

“Sorry to do this, but I won’t let you off the hook that easy, darling.” A smirk formed on his face as his final pump was paper, making it a tie. Firmly pressing his boots on the ground, the aura flourish around him with sparkly radiance and brilliance; his eyes and hair shined silver as his hat flowed off from the winds of the intense energy.

Vegeta’s eyes remained focused on Kassava. “Don’t try to underestimate me, I know you have some awesome potential deep within you. Now, let’s try that again, ay?” 

==

Detective Vegeta’s hat landed on Bernkastel. It is oddly comfortable to wear. 

“I thought Vegetto was the only one who knows that Instinct thing?” Demi-Fiend referred to Vegetto for the first time.

Gotenks looked around as everyone was playing each other.

“Who’s trying to lose? I really wanna fight that sap, Waldo.”

Vegetto scoffed, his eyes narrowing at Lambda.

"I don't have a crush on a simple little brat like her, much less any child for that matter."

His eyes sized up Lambda a few times, his fists triumphantly placed on his waist.

"Tsk...think you're tough just because you got a little magic to help you. Just you wait; your so called, 'Super Paper' is no match for the mighty Super Vegetto!!"

====================================

Whis kept a warm smile, bowing lightly to Bernkastel.

"The detective was not interested in participating at first, but after simply guiding him to focus on discovering a few unknown elements, he changed his mind. We'll just have to see if he has what it takes."

Whis soon collected himself after the display, but his eyes soon widened at the firey silver aura that erupted a few feet away. He blinked hard a couple of times, a small frowning forming on his face as he unintentionally ignored Demi-Fiend's question.

"Oh my. So it's true after all."

Vegetto's eyes widened, having turned away from Lambda and faced towards the newly transformed Detective Vegeta. He stared in awe for a few moments, his eyes following the flow of the silver flames.

He can tap into the power too...

His head turned up, a sudden realization dawning on him as he turned his eyes to Kassava for a moment before quickly walking up towards Whis.

"What the hell are you doing Whis?! You told him to use Ultra Instinct?!"

Whis shrugged his shoulders lightly, an uneasy and uncharacteristically nervous chuckle escaping his lips.

"I...well...I wasn't entirely sure the detective had the capability. So I might have...told him a small lie about what Lady Kassava has accomplished in combat to see what'd he'd do."

Vegetto kept a heavy frown.

"Call him off. She can't take him; you know what happened last time!"

Whis narrowed his eyes slightly, maintaining a small smile and straightening himself out.

"Nonsense, she is more than capable of contending with Vegeta. I only lied about what she has done, not about what she can do."

His smile lifted a bit.

"If you spent more time actually teaching your student than treating her as an opponent to beat, perhaps you'd realize that. I grow tired of having to train her properly myself, then watching you undermine it all with your constant need for a good fight and pushing her past the breaking point."

Whis nodded back to the two, turning his stare off Vegetto and to Detective Vegeta.

"Now be quiet and take notes; the detective will see the potential and build it properly, instead of just focusing on fighting it. Having another person succeed where you have failed might open your eyes, since you seem to ignore how many times I have fixed your mistakes with her."

Vegetto scoffed, glancing towards the Detective Vegeta and Kassava.

"He's still a Saiyan: what if you're wrong and he only ends up fighting her like me?"

Whis rubbed his chin, turning his eyes up and humming to himself for a moment while he thought about the question. He then perked his eyebrows, smiling warmly.

"Well...she can't die in this reality, so it will only be extremely painful."

====================

Kassava's eyes were turned down for the most part during the match, the hot winds blasting her face and hair back for a couple of seconds. The familiar radiance and power finally broke her stupor after the small time of disconnection, her chin slowly tilting up with a shocked stare as Detective Vegeta fully transformed. Her breathing hitched, the fear clear in her eyes as she stumbled back a step from the intensity of the heat, her arms visibly trembling and her dilated eyes staring into the intense silver pupils.

"Those eyes...they're the same as..."

Her vision distorted a bit, the scenery changing for her sight alone at the triggered memory due to Detective Vegeta's glare and word choice. With the same, almost sinister smirk, Vegetto stood in place of the detective in the fully transformed state of Ultra Instinct with his teeth barred, having rose up from one knee and wiping the side of his mouth to remove the blood stain.

"[size=medium][size=medium]F̻̯i͈n̰̺̤̺͓̭̖a͉͇l̸͎̺͕̪l͉͠y̢.̩̟̖̜̣.̹̘͠.̯͔̬h̷̰e͕̥͓͚ ̛̮͚̞le̘͕̤͢ts̼̝̝̳̩ ̪m͓̮̲̗̭͔e̠͙ ̤̗̦̥̯f̦̹̗͚i̥̹̳͉̮̖g̵̭̺̙̤ͅh̶͈̱͉t̖͉͎̼̝̰̰ ̮y̡̳̗͎͕͎o̧̞̻͚͍̯u̱.̺̱̰̰̺̝ I͍̮͡t̥̗͟'͉s̮̪̝ ͎̱̖̥̱n̛̝̰̝̱̖̙͍o͎̙̱̪̣̲̘̕t̳͚ ̪͍͙o̯͠v͈̰̼̬̣̭e͡ṛ̵̹̯̹̟̣ ̛̤̺͎͕y̴̱ͅͅet̹̤̼͡,̡ ̪̱ͅl͖̜̯̬̞͔͘o̥̬̯͎͠ṿ̨͉̹̟̳̦e͈̯̦̥:͇̪̼̫͚ͅ sh̳͉̖̝͍͎̻o̴͎̯̙w̰̤̼̠̥̮ ̷̩̖̪̩̣m͘e̛͖͉͔̞͖ ͍w̪̫̣̼͓h͏̘̠ạ͈͕̪͔t̼̩̭̹̣̝̦͝ ̘̤͈̲y̴̖͕͚̤̪̤ͅou͝ ̩̳́ͅc͏̟̗͖a̶̮̣͕n̡͕͎̞̮̹͎̟ ̮̩̯̲͇̕r͍̲͇͕̦̦̣͞ea̶lḻ̙͇̜y̵̜̙̻͖̩ ̫͔d̹̫͙̝̦͝o͓̖͕̮!"[/size][/size]

Kassava shook her head, her vision returning to normal and her face growing pale. She still visibly trembled over her body, taking a step back like an animal backed into a corner and nearly screaming at Detective Vegeta with her fists balled up.

"No!! Get back...I don't wanna play anymore!!"

Lambdadelta grinned slyly back at Raune, and waved. "Well, if you're so pressed about it, why don't we ask the Game Master herself?" She floated over to the purple-haired witch, maintaining her smirk before perking an eyebrow at her. "...Bern?"

Bernkastel at first said nothing for a few moments, no change in expression as she studied everything going on around her, before staring off into space deep in her own thoughts. Lambdadelta stuck her tongue out childishly at Vegetto while Whis lectured him. Bern's eyes briefly flickered with what looked to be, perhaps life, and a small warm smile directed at nobody in particular before she closed and opened them again; the shine in her eyes had faded and her face returned to showing apathy.

"I acknowledge it was a bit cruel of Lambda to include a catch. But Lady Lambdadelta is the Witch of Certainty, and this was a game of chance. It wouldn't be too far-fetched for me to guess she did this to preemptively declare to the sidelined that you simply are not destined by fate to battle Waldo. Nothing to do with your power or skill necessarily; you simply have not been chosen by fate to face off against him." Bernkastel explained to Raune, crossing her arms while her tail moved about in slow, careful movements. 

"If anyone that has lost insists on fighting Waldo, I suppose we can't physically stop you. However, considering I am the Game Master for this Trial, perhaps you will reconsider acting on it if I declare that those who lose this game of Rock Paper Scissors are forbidden from interfering with the match between the winners and Waldo-- doing so will invalidate the entire Trial and result in a loss. The second rule is that the winners maintain how they will lead the strategies for searching and fighting Waldo, but the losers can still assist in the search under their guidance. Once the match with Waldo begins, the sidelined must withdraw.

As she said this, words glowing a bright red formed the sentence in the sky for all to see. 

"It's drastic, but we must address the obvious here and now: what we have isn't a team yet. It's just a group of people making inconsistent progress because some are less willing than others to overcome their own limits in order to help their allies. More importantly, there is a clear lack of mutual trust going on." A frown appeared on Bernkastel's face. "Watching you all made me remember something from a long time ago... that in order to achieve success, no, a miracle, in a difficult situation like this, everyone must trust each other and be honest. That is why I let a game of luck determine who would fight Waldo and how; by putting people who doubt each other's capabilities together they must choose -- to trust each other and win, or allow their scrutiny to weaken them and lose. I'm placing my trust in those who've won to secure a victory for the team. The sidelined, who have lost to fate, must also trust in them to win on their own merit without you: interfering may signal to your allies that you don't trust them even if it's out of good intent. Those who do not trust in others cannot be trusted." 

The words were stern, and perhaps even harsh, but Bernkastel paused with a small, benevolent smile as she realigned the Detective's cap on her head. "Even so, fate can be changed sometimes. So, I will add a clause to the first rule: A challenger at any point in the Trial battle may choose one person from the sidelines to assist them against Waldo for 5 minutes before being returned to the bench for the rest of the match. There must only be one active assist at a time. In other words, you may only join in if any of the winners here allow you to. Otherwise, you will be interfering. Do these conditions satisfy you all?" She asked those on the sidelines including Raune, no malice in her words.
=====

Lambda took to watching the game happen between the Detective and Kassava, tilting her head and observing her reactions to him without saying anything.

[OOC: These rules will be reposted in the Waldo Boss Battle post, so don't worry about having to memorize it!]

The Detective narrowed his eyes when Kassava held up her fists up. He simply closes his eyes and took a single step the Goddess, instantly appearing in front of her.

Without hesitating nor giving her the time to think, Vegeta grabbed Kassava’s arm, gently, and straight out her hand so it no longer forms a fist. Afterwards, the detective, in attempt to calm her down, clapped his hands in-between hers hard. It did not inflict any pain, but the shock flow throughout her body as a mechanism to relax her nerves.

“Listen,” Detective Vegeta said. “Whatever is going on with your mind right now, forget about it. You are here now, and this is happening. Kassava, I can tell by touching her hands… these are hands of a warrior clearly skilled and talented—you just need someone to show you the ropes of how to actually become a proper fighter.” He left out a smile, still in the Ultra Instinct state. 

He lets go of her hands and took a step back and gently rubbed her head for a bit. He turned around to get enough distance between the two and positioned himself for around round. “Fear is nothing more than illusions that sent to inhibit your ability. Now, don’t try to go easy on me old lad like myself.”

Cross says "only to humor your voice am I doing this and on the peace of paper I am handing over to the voice is my choice down between the three." Hands it to the voice.

Cross says "I hope its ok if I simple did write my choice."

Kassava blinked, her eyes wide once her hands were clasped by Detective Vegeta. She yelped lightly at the sudden sensation, the panic washing away and looking up at the detective as he reassured her. She formed a small blush, glancing to the side in embarrassment and stepping back a bit too. Feeling a bit on ease, she lifted her chin up a bit and nodded. The firmness of her stance and poised shoulders indicated that her fears and insecurities were starting to decline, breathing in deeply.

Ok...I can do this. Just like they said...just like...Ultra Instinct. Calm...calm...there is no fear...

She slowly shut her eyes, inhaling deeply through her nose. Holding the breath for a moment, Kassava slowly pushed the air out. The wind blew a bit slower with each passing second, the atmosphere around the two seemingly starting to slow for her alone. Her eyes shot open, reading herself and beginning the first few pumps.

"One...two...three"

On the final pump, Kassava's eyes followed Detective Vegeta's hand, hers moving about only a millisecond behind his in descent.

===============

Whis' smile rose a bit at Detective Vegeta's display, sighing happily and clasping his hands together.

"How wonderful: the detective is such a smooth talker."

He turned his eyes down towards Vegetto, who watched on with a stern stare and narrowed eyes.

"Do you even remember Vegeta being this smooth with Bulma, Vegetto? You do have his memories after all-"

"Shut up, Whis."

Whis stifled a small chuckle, the sound of his laughter causing Vegetto to slowly shrink his head down in growing agitation.

"Ohoho! I merely tease, don't take it so personally!"

Whis straightened himself out a bit, his eyebrows perking a bit once Kassava re-initiated the next round of the game. His smile slowly rose as his eyes narrowed a bit.

"Ah...it seems she's starting to pick up on it."

Vegetto raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean? Is she learning Ultra Instinct too?"

Whis shook his head.

"No...she doesn't seem to be aware of it yet. But she's finally tapping into those powers on her own...almost at will. A power greater than perfect reaction...one that can even surpass Ultra Instinct."

Vegetto blinked, turning his head a bit.

"What is that?"

Whis kept his smile, his eyes forward.

"Controlling time."

Cuki continued to stare at the match between Kassava and Detective Vegeta before turning her head to hear Bernkastel's rules and conditions. She sat down and thought diligently about her rules and how she could use them to their advantage. Her tail began to write symbols and random letters/numbers on the dirt. 

If half of us are gonna fight Waldo, the other half cannot intervene unless one of us tells them to, they can only fight once and one at a time. 5 minutes isn't a lot of time, so it's a matter of going in with everything they have. However, 5 minutes to Raune is more like 5 hours. He certainly has the speed and the power to help us... Then there's Demi-Fiend who might as well be the jack of all trades... Everyone else has to go in using their full power... unless...

Cuki closed her eyes, plotting as many scenarios and outcomes within her head with the people left in the sidelines, taking consideration of who might be picked first or last. She sat silently, her hands in a unique position with the tips of each of her fingers just barely touching each other. This was the first time Cuki went into a type of concentrated thinking, blocking off all unnecessary information unless it piqued her interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom