The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross thinks "Interesting time to respond to my thoughts voice and I was thinking you only had base mind reading."

Kassava blinked, her cheeks immediately flushing red at the sensation of the detective's gentle kiss on the top of her hand. She smiled back warmly, the embarrassment clear on her face, but the cheerful tone remained as she spoke.

"I'd like that very much...thank you. Perhaps we could train together after these trials?"

============

Vegetto's smirk raised slightly, his arms crossed and tuning out Demi-Fiend as best he could, his comments addressing Spina.

"Ha...incredible as always. I can't wait to test her for myself, we'll get in some great training after these stupid tri-"

The Potara fusion suddenly yelped, his head sinking down into his shoulders from Whis' scepter slamming down onto the top of his head. The taller angel almost glared down at Vegetto, who whirled around and angrily wagged his fist at Whis.

"Hey?! What was that for?!"

Whis let out a small, sophisticated scoff.

"Hmph! You brute: can't you stop looking at her as an enemy for one second?! Demi-Fiend is right about you: she is not your punching bag."

Vegetto blinked for a moment, before sharply narrowing his eyes.

"I never saw her as a punching bag. If it wasn't for me, she'd still be running odd jobs on Conton City for the Patrol! I taught her everything!"

Whis narrowed his eyes even further.

"Did you now? Then tell me-"

The taller angel spun Vegetto to his side by the shoulder. Vegetto hacked, grunting in annoyance and glaring back at Whis to the side, while the taller angel pointed towards Kassava and Detective Vegeta.

"When was the last time you saw her this happy when fighting?"

Vegetto kept his glare, but his expression shifted as soon as he stared on at Kassava's gleam from the detective's boost to her morale. He stared on for a moment, a frown slowly forming on his face. Whis kept his glare strong, shifting back upright.

"You should be more like the detective. She is your equal, not a punching bag."

Vegetto's melancholy stare suddenly changed back to his typical, arrogant glare as he scoffed lightly.

"Tsk...I could've trained her better than him."

Whis' eyes bulged out at the reply, veins bulging on his pale forehead and he suddenly whirled around, clenching his fists together. Within an instant, the sky changed into a dark and stormy atmosphere as lightning crackled high above. Whis' head nearly expanded three sizes, his voice thundering out in a furious shout and the wind blasting Vegetto's entire body.

"THIS ISN'T A COMPETITION!! STOP BEING A DAMN BRUTE!!"

Vegetto's spiky hair was completely blasted to the side, his eyes wide at the uncharacteristically large outburst of rage from the taller angel. He stood completely still, blinking a couple of times in stunned silence while Whis inhaled and exhaled deeply, bringing his hands down to his waist as he recollected himself to find his typical, zen-like demeanor. The sky itself instantly returned to normal as he slowly turned to the others, bowing slightly.

"I truly apologize everyone. It would seem I lost my temper there: I am sorry if I made any of you uncomfortable. Please forgive me."

=======

Kassava blinked, her head turning at the outburst and headed towards the group. She frowned, looking up at Whis.

"Whis? Is everything ok?"

Whis smiled back down to her warmly, nodding curtly.

"Of course, my dear! I simply needed to let off some steam; what's more important is that Vegetto here has something to say to you."

He kept his smile, turning his head towards Vegetto.

"Isn't that right?"

Vegetto stood still, his arms still folded over his chest and his eyes still wide in shock. He twitched a bit, his mouth slightly open.

....what the...did he just....

Raune stood in shock at Whis’ extreme and disturbing body morphing, yelling at Vegetto. Looking around at the people, himself in shock, he spoke gently.

“I don’t mind you holding back during the fight. It was to teach a lesson about the importance of Ultra Instinct. Though it seems to be a Saiyan, not an aura thing.” He stated glancing to Vegeta. “In addition, I may only be able to affect time through Speed. But that also makes me the one opponent Kavassa has here outside of you to spar with that can resist her time magic.”

Hmph, I bet if I was fast enough, I can still outspeed Kassava's time thingy... But Raune is right, speed is a factor. Time measure speed, after all. I wonder if I can find a loophole around it... In fact, I believe there is! Cuki stared blankly at Kassava, deep in her own thoughts. I just vaguely remember Master mentioning something like that... The cause and effect within a sea of opportunities in every battle, but what does that even mean? Ugh, why can't I remember anything?!

Cuki let out a sigh and shook her stressful thoughts away. She didn't realize at first that Kassava won, but once she came back to reality, her eye widen and her shoulders slumped. Even her tail drooped with discouragement. Before Cuki could get any word out from her mouth, she turned to the lone symbol on the dirt she made earlier and took a deep breath. Her thoughts raced as she tugged on her hair, no doubt annoyed and frustrated at what Kassava might end up doing.

"Well, I guess it can't be helped," Cuki said, lowing her head. "Ugh... as much as I don't like it, Kassava is in the group. I just hope she listens a little better than before... We really can't afford to mess up this time. Sometimes I wish Kettles and Lammy would work their magic on us because the thing this group needs right now is the certainty of a miracle... "

"Hey Kitty, was that Waldo dude a part of your universe or something?" Maggie-Cat purred. "How did you even manage to find a dude so powerful anyway? And if you can do it... does that mean your Pink rival has the same capabilities as you? What if she uses her powers to make the group win?"

"Mr. Waldo has no relation to me. I simply found him in a book and thought he was interesting," Bernkastel answered in a deadpan. "I don't care what Lambda does as long as she doesn't get in the way."

"I'm getting bored! Hurry up before I choose who's going to fight Waldo myself!" Lambdadelta huffed impatiently. "Honestly, how do you make a simple kids' game take this damn long?..."

"They have a tendency to make things drag on. I admit I'm getting bored again." Bernkastel scanned the area and spoke up. "The only ones left are Cross and Bara, so let's hope his next choice finishes the match. In the meantime, the winners should start working out their strategy. Lambda, help them go look for Waldo. I don't want to waste any more time."

"Fine... at least I'll have something to do," Lambdadelta muttered. "Only because the game was my idea!" No hesitation in her movements, she briskly approached the ones who had won their matches. "Waldo is good at hiding, so being able to detect his life force isn't enough because he makes sure it matches with the average of anything else in the vicinity. You'll have to give him an excuse to come out since he's clearly agitated thanks to the incident at the Library."

Majin Bara kept meditating, while waiting for the others to work out their plan and hopefully involve her in this. For this, if nothing else, Majin Bara was planning to use her Body Manipulation to the fullest extent possible during the fight.

Regaining focus herself, Brachi picked scissors again, just to be on the safe side, wondering what Cross had picked this time.

The detective nodded at Kassava’s response to his question, agreeing with her suggestion. “It’ll be an honor to train with you. It’s been a hot minute since I seen any Saiyans around here—especially someone in the Godly category.” He chuckled. “Well, anyways, I think you should head over there with the others; I’ll be watching you very closely to see what areas you need to grind out, but from what I seen, I doubt I have much to teach you, milady!” He tried to tip his hat, but realized it was blown away. “Oh dear, where did my hat go?”

Before he tried to look around, he overheard Whis’ shouting at Vegetto, causing him to jump in surprise. “For all my years knowing him, I never seen Whis experience anger… maybe a look every once in a while, but this…” The detective places a finger on his lips. “Vegetto is the result of Kakarotto and me, but why is he acting like this? Even at my worst, it was nowhere like that….” 

Spina sweated after Whis’ sudden outburst. “Guess even the Angel have their limits with someone like that….”

But Vegeta was still conflicted. These group is clearly mustached with one another. Majority of them comes from the same worlds, but different paths. The few comes from worlds that are clearly different from theirs and have different philosophy and perspectives. And now, he was drag into a competition for the fate of their worlds. “Yet, even in different scenarios, why is Vegetto so different? Why is Brachi in such a state like she is?”

“Wait… How can someone destroy a world, if no one can escape?” The detective thought to himself. He heard about the tools and the voice, but on a different scale. He wanted to speak up, but for now, he wanted to see a few key things before that. He shoved Vegetto from behind. “Go on.” Before he went off to the rest of the group.

---

“I’m capable of a lot of things, Cross.” The voice responded. “But, let us ignore my abilities for a second, and finished this match. You are needed.” The voice usher the battle quickly. “Brachi had chosen scissors, what is your answer, Cross!?” He looks at the paper to find out the answer.

---

Demi-Fiend smirks at Cuki’s suggestion of the two witches using magic. “Magic? I can use magic. So, if you want a miracle—”

“No thanks. You might give us a curse or something. Keep that to yourself, please.” Spina rejected Demi-Fiend’s offer.

“Well, if the Library got ruined, I usually go to another, quiet place to calm the nerves. Like a bookstore.” Detective Vegeta suggested. 

---

Doctor Doom was surprised that the Angel shouted at Vegetto, but at the same time, it might result in something even more interesting because of that outbursts. It seems that everyone is against these two, but perhaps, those feelings will drift away, under Doom’s observation. “So many different kinds of people that has some in this world.” He said. “Well, find Waldo, so Doom can see what potential you Breakers have.”

Cross says as the paper revealed Rock "I was aware its just not that common of an ability to read an undeath's mind. I feel I overkill but whatever." Cross thinks knowing the voice is reading his mind "We bout know this is just time killer for all us that know and you owe me one."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom