The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernkastel finished wiping the rest off her face and tucking the handkerchief away, listening to Whis and beginning to lower herself down to the floor. "It wasn't as though I was going to kill him... even if I kind of wanted to," she muttered. Her glare returned as soon as the Voice started talking to her again. "Nothing has changed. We just got a little side-tracked is all, I don't see what the hurry is. Now what friend is it you are all blithering about?" Bern lowered herself back to the ground with the others while twirling her index finger in the air to allow Vegetto's mouth to return.

"I am Lady Lambdadelta, Witch of Certainty!" The pink witch announced to the group, making a cute curtsy before looking around. Her gaze rested on Snow and she gave a confused expression. "...Hm, I am pretty well-known, but I don't seem to recall you or this person named 'Beato' at all, so maybe you have me confused with someone else. Oh well!" She said before popping a small candy into her mouth. "Bern definitely will remember me! I'm her bestest friend in the whole wide world!"

"We're not exactly friends... What brings you here, Lambda? I didn't think a pink stalker like you would end up here of all places." Bern didn't seem very happy to see Lambdadelta, but then again, she was hardly ever happy.

"And I didn't think I'd end up here at all! I guess I got lost and went through the wrong fragment when I was traveling again," Lambda shrugged. "But enough about that! How come you're out running around with this bunch? Were you out looking for me!? I heard your voice and came running!"

"No. I'm busy running a Trial. It's basically a game."

"A game!?" Lambda's eyes lit up. "Why didn't you just say so!? I'd love to play! Who are you playing up against?!"

"All of us are technically playing against him." Bernkastel pointed in Dr. Doom's direction. "He said I could run two trials myself. If we lose, we get erased from here forever."

"Forever!?" Lambdadelta looked shocked, but then started to laugh. "Ohoho! You sure enjoy stakes like that huh? But if you get erased, I'll be the loneliest witch ever! So I'll play too! Nothing can beat my certainty! It's like Super Paper!" She said, placing her hands on her hips confidently.

Bernkastel closed her eyes and waved her hand dismissively knowing Lambda wouldn't take no for an answer. "Fine. The group has to look for someone named Waldo. If you can help them do that, then I'll let you play. They're using clues I made to find him."

"Waldo? ...Oh! I've met him not too long ago out here in the city!" Lambda said, recalling sharing a cake with him and some tea. "He seemed kind of upset he lost his favorite mug in the library. Apparently a bunch of dummies went in there and made a ruckus that pissed off the librarian there. He wasn't in much of a good mood because of it."

"..." Bernkastel declined to comment.

Raune in most situations was a calm, collected, if egotistical individual, former diplomatic skills had become rusty from disuse. He was someone to take humiliation with grace, defeat with dignity, and to only scream in anger. This was not one of those situations. In almost comical panic, he rapidly looked to the different members of the group, with a particular regret towards Vegetto and Kavassa. His tail was sticking up and his ears showed his fear.

If we fight Waldo and he recognizes us as the people who put him in a bad mood, we're going to have an extra layer of difficulty when it comes down to the end of this part of the game. Vegetto might be the key to solving the problem and I just insulted him when he was down. Either that or his girlfriend, since we don't know anything about her true power. Sure, she can't beat Demi-Fiend, but none of us could. Whatever makes her important enough to be here, it would have to have some use against Waldo.

Snow smacked his head "Right. You never knew that name, unless you are an alternate version. The name is actually Beatrice. Oh, and how rude of me to not introduce myself. I am Snow. Also, Lady Bernkastel i have something of yours i need to return, well an alternate version of something of yours anyway." He held his hand out and a scythe launched to him from a long distance away, before he caught it and put it in front of her, blade in the ground.

It was then that Brachi approached Lambda and politely bowed to her in greeting.

"Greetings, I am Brachi, what's yours?" She asked, smiling as she wanted to be friendly and not make things worse.

Majin Bara followed suit, having recomposed herself, but remained silent as she bowed in greeting, apparently having become a bit more timid.

"I am Gervene," Gervene said, also bowing in greeting to the witch, "Nice to meet you."

Whis kept his warm smile as he looked down at Lambda, moving back up towards Bernkastel's side and speaking with a cheery tone.

"Oh, that would be our group. Ms. Bernkastel has quite a troublesome bunch to look after for these trials, and would most definitely benefit from your aid!"

==============

Vegetto grimaced, his eyes turning down and barely reacting as the skin parted underneath his nose to reform his missing mouth. With a small grunt, he rose to his feet, massaging his jaw a bit and wiping away the scratches left after the battle. His body trembled a bit, clearly in a weakened state, but cared little for the sneering comments that were made earlier during his fight with Bernkastel and showed little reaction in his silence while the group talked about Waldo.

However, in contrast, Kassava stood a few feet behind him with her head bowed. She had picked up entirely on every insult thrown her way, having timidly avoided the others that looked her way and standing still.

As soon as Lamda finished explaining that she knew who Waldo was, Vegetto walked forward again. With absolutely no shame and nearly knocking Brachi to the side in pushing past her, Vegetto kept his arms crossed on his bare chest and held a small scowl when he addressed Lambda next.

"Where is he now?"

“….Name’s Spina.” Spina did not do any of the fancy gesture to the newcomer. “Our party continues to grow once more.” Spina thought about this for the moment; four individuals: Cross, Whis, Bernkastel and Demi-Fiend are either non-active or watching from the sidelines. Is the trials adjusted for these powerhouses, if the trials seem them fit for participating? Spina wondered if the trials would deem too easy for the likes of them, now that a newcomer with similar strength to Bernkastel, it might prove an easy victory over to Doom. “Perhaps, I should keep those thoughts to myself…”

On the other hand, Demi-Fiend found himself quite excited about Lambdadelta’s appearance. “Ah, you’re the chick that appeared in that novel I read; I wonder if the Librarian’s defeat had something to do with this…” He place a thought on it, but it most likely pure speculation. The fact that Lambdadelta, judging from tone of the language the Witch of Miracles used towards her, is an adversary against Bernkastel made the young man bore a gleeful smile. Without wasting time, Demi-Fiend approached the young woman, pushing Vegetto, who demanded the whereabouts of Waldo, out of his way. 

“I’m a Demi-Fiend, so you can call me as such; nice to meet you, I’m sure we will get along great.” Demi-Fiend offered a handshake.

“That kid…” Detective Vegeta sweated a bit. He turns to Cuki. "Hey..." The Detective whispered. 

===

“Hey, I doubt Doom is going to let us add more people in our party!” Voice said.

“Doom has no issues with them recruiting more people in their ranks. The more, the merrier; I am sure the Breakers needs all the help it can in order to best these trials.” Doctor Doom disregards the voice’s concern over the matter. “

“Aren’t you boosting your confidence, just a little? I mean, we powerful beings in our ranks. You should be wise to play your cards right.” Voice raised a brow. “Wait… did you say, Breakers?”

“Boosting? Doom has no need to boost confidence on a victory that already secured.” Doom turns to the rest of the gang. “I wager you ever play a game of chess? You aren’t supposed to think about the move you’re going to make once, but instead, planned ahead in multiple steps, scenarios and the sort; there, you can declared checkmate before the event even starts.” He turns to greet the newcomer. “You can gather as much allies as you wish, to make this process a bit faster.”

“Doom didn’t addressed the Breaker thing at all…” Voice said, turning to Lambdadelta. “Why hello there, I am the voice! You can call me… the guide of this place. We're currently playing a game to fight this super-ego guy; perhaps you can assist these... Breakers, to do their job properly.”

Vegetto wishes to fight even more?! Is he as bloated as his muscles?! Cuki gritted her teeth in anger. Why do I have to be paired with the most stubborn and annoying batch of the group? At this rate, we'll be completely erased! Did they completely forget what they were fighting for?!

Cuki was visibly seen getting more and more agitated but decided to take a step back and away from the group, trying her best to clear her head. She took deep breaths and lowered herself to sit down. Her tail twitched in a fluster, watching the rest of the group introduce themselves. With a lonesome sigh, Cuki let her shoulders slump as she covered her face with her hand, expecting the absolute worse for the group. She rubbed her temple with the small hope everything would work out between the group.

"At this point, I don't know what else can anger them..." Cuki groaned. "Kettles was right about easily bruised egos."

Cuki stared at the group with no interest left in her eyes. She overheard Detective Vegeta speaking to her but she didn't even turn her head to face him, the doubt and denial apparent on her face. She spoke with a bored voice.

"Yes, Detective?"

Cross says "My name is Cross. That goes for the rest of you as well." Cross never introduced him self to the others before. Cross thinks "I might as well not bother with the child of flesh bit since I not bothered it with the rest of these children short time ago."

Raune looked over to the Voice, temporarily stopping in his panic, a look of confusion on his face.

"Breakers? Like, Storm Breakers? We're called the Breakers now? Since when?" He asked in response. "Besides it's not like you've done much more-" he started to ramble off before suddenly falling silent. Thinking for a moment, the former king smiled. "Yeah, that's right, you're one of our guides and we're a team. We are the... Vortex Breakers, because we're going to break this place if we don't break out of here!" He stated with confidence, somewhat oblivious to everything else going on around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom