The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry for the delay guys! ~ Z ~ and I were on vacation for the week, so my posting was limited :p Also, Soul, there is no children's section; please re-read my paragraph where the library was warped beyond belief.)

Detective Vegeta crosses his arms, nodded once, with a smirk in reaction to Cuki’s offer. “Looks like we have a deal then, pleasure to work with you all.” Before he can get any word in when Cuki and Raune pressed on for more information, Gotenks and Vegetto’s sudden outburst caught him off guard. 

“Huh…” Vegeta sweated a bit seeing both Vegetto and Gotenks standing before him, yet he does not seems to be utterly confused about the ordeal. “Well, I was getting to that, but it happened directly after the Tournament of Power… during the battle with Kakarotto… testing him to see if he can pull that Ultra Instinct again. Before anything of that occurred, bam, I ended up here. Time is a bit wonky here, but I say I been around for a decade or so.”

Vegeta rubbed his chin for a moment, examine Gotenks and Vegetto’s bodies. “You two… how the heck is this possible? Perhaps the Fusion and Potara works differently in your worlds.” He turns to Vegetto. “Especially you, since you’re using Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan… but you’re seem perfectly fine and intact.” Vegeta grabbed onto Gotenks’ cheeks, pulling them a bit. “How is such possibility possible?” 

“Don’t worry, I am not the Vegeta you’re thinking of… mostly likely, we came from different worlds.” Vegeta stated. "As for me being a detective, this was a result after I accepted my fate here... so I might as well do something and perhaps worked my way into getting out of here; so I usually just solved cases." Vegeta answered Gotenks. 

“What? Did your husband never told you anything about him? That is the damn Prince of all Saiyans, Vegeta!” Spina answered Kassava’s question. “This is a definitely big deal!” 

=====

Doom chuckles. "This is quite turning into something amusing. Perhaps there's something fruitful about this trial after all... an ally gained to help them out in the first clue..." Doom turns to Bernkastel. “The Blue being speaks a curious, but legitimate question, Witch. Is this ordeal your doing?”  

=====

Demi-Fiend closes the last book of the Umineko series. "Man, that was a good read..." He stood up, noticing that the sky is filled with books. "Now... looks like I'm lost. Where is everyone?"

"The other reason I'm keeping you here with me is because you continuously run your loose thread of a mouth. I'd hate to think what would happen if I left you with any of them... you'd probably get gobbled up by the Librarian too." Bernkastel deadpanned to Maggie. "But if you so wish, I'll drop you down there and watch her devour you. It's probably lunch time for her anyway." 

Before she acted on that idea, however, she paused once Whis questioned Detective Vegeta's presence in the library. "Oh? I didn't think he was someone you recognized. I was briefly teleporting around the City to look for potential Trial spots last night, and merely spotted him. His attire is much different than those of the Saiyan group, so I didn't think much of the likelihood that he was one himself. Rather than approach him directly, however, I used a bit of my magic to draw him to the library today; similarly how I got Doom to come out the other day. If I interacted with any of the beings here in the library face-to-face, it could end up affecting how the Trials would go-- I didn't want to predict things too much." Bern chuckled softly to herself. "The areas the group will travel to after this, however, has more things I created myself to fit my Trials."

"What are you doing here?" Brachi then asked Detective Vegeta in Bulma's voice, while Majin Bara tilted her head at this.
"Isn't he one of your fusees in our universe?" She asked Brachi.
"Yes, he is." Brachi replied, this time in her normal voice.

Prince of all Saiyans? Should I be more respectful to him? Well... he is trapped in the same situation as us, better keep formalities until after we get out of this mess.

Cuki lifted her nose in the air to take another sniff of the area around them and blocked out the voices of the others to hear the Librarian or Demi-Fiend. For now, the coast was clear, but she didn't trust the calmness around them. As Vegetto, Gotenks, and Kassava talked to the Detective, Cuki crossed her arms over her chest. Her eyes continued to scan the skies and the distance of small noises she heard all around them. No doubt she was anxious, but it was mostly because of the lack of stability between the group.

"Look, we can save the chit-chat for later," Cuki whispered. "In case you guys didn't know, that Librarian can hear and react to any noise she comes across. We need to keep our voices down and not break stuff."

Cuki eyed Vegetto and Kassava. 

"That means no fists, no arguing, and no fancy screaming transformations. Now listen, Detective Vegeta said something about headphones that are intended to block out all noise. We need to find them and put them on that Librarian so that we aren't ripped to shreds by that monster. The least you guys can do is keep quiet instead of picking fights. I... I just want us to get out of here in one piece, alright?" Cuki took a deep breath before turning to Detective Vegeta. "Right, so the major question is... can we use these books to pull out words and weapons? I assume it depends on the book."

======

"L-Let's not get hasty, Kitty." Maggie shivered. "I-I think that I can be a lot more useful than just a snack for an ugly monster."

Maggie looked at the group and realized that she wouldn't like to be in their situation and sat down quietly on Bernkastel's lap.

"B-But I think I've talked enough, ehehee... I'll be good now."

"Hey!" Gotenks yelped as Vegeta pulled on his cheeks. "Yeah, you're definitely not the same Vegeta." he said with a lowered voice.

He's been here for a decade? Man, that's how long Vegeta in my time has been dead for.

The fusion then looked at the Saiyan prince again.

"Ultra Instinct? Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan? That's a mouthful. Are those like new forms or something?"

He then looked over at Vegetto.

"You know I was wondering why you felt so off. You look like you're in the Inverted Super Saiyan state but there's something way different about it. Like the color of your eyes aren't gold and I haven't been able to sense your energy since I got here."

Detective Vegeta raised a brow when Brachi approached him using Bulma’s voice. “Well…” Vegeta clears his throat; it was uncomfortable hearing his wife, for a long time, coming out of someone else. “I was currently doing my daily routine of finding new books to read, for some strange reason, until I saw a strange person lurking around these parts.” He answered. “Before I had the chance to do anything, she disappeared… so I was trying to see what she did… until you guys came along.” 

Vegeta rubbed his chin, seeing that all different versions of Saiyans from vastly different worlds. “Inverted Saiyan… and permanent fusions? What the heck happened in your worlds?” He turns to Cuki and Raune. “Ah, let me answer your questions…” He pointed to the ceiling above them. “When the library is like this, you can pull anything out of the books. I don’t know if they can turned into weapons though.” 

“Pull anything out of the books…? Maybe that’s how we can find our first clue…” Spina thought to himself. He turns to Vegeta, seeing that he is dramatically different from what he remembered. “I thought he was a hard case bastard… yet the Prince is acting even calmer than Vegetto… this feels like a bad dream”

======

“Interesting…” Doom was amused. He turns to the Lich, eyeing on the creature. “It seems that you too, have involved yourself with the group… what is your goal?”

"Well, if we can pick anything out of these books, I think we should use this to our advantage," Cuki said while gazing at the books. "In the meanwhile, we should try to find these headphones that the Detective is talking about, and we might even come across Demi-Fiend while we look."

Cuki took a look at her surroundings

With so many books around, the advantage inevitably goes to us. Still, we might have a wide variety of books at our disposal, but we are still on the Librarian's turf. This will not be easy, to say the least. Her eyes then trailed to the group. I can't let them down, our universes are at stake here!

"Alright Detective, you know this place better than all of us. I think you should lead the way." Cuki whispered. "And remember, keep the noise to a minimum. We can't alert that Librarian..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom