The Reality Vortex: Doom Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegetto crossed his arms, his confident expression completely vanishing into a small glare.

"It doesn't matter anyway. It would have taken years for this team to develop the consistency we wanted: weeks of training wouldn't have made much difference. Might as well get this over with sooner."

Kassava frowned, glaring to the side.

"You could've at least kept your mouth shut instead of making things worse."

Vegetto kept his arms crossed.

"No...his confidence is in how much he knows about us. Given he knows all about our homeworlds, he's probably been watching our training and knows exactly what has changed. He singled me out because of that: he knows about Ultra Instinct, and he thinks I'm going to rush him head on again now that I have that power."

He uncrossed his arms.

"All I have to do is justify his belief and he'll start to underestimate me. If we show him what he wants to see, then we might get the drop on him when he least expects it."

========================

Whis quietly slurped his noodles, watching the others with a mostly flat expression.

The lich says "What is don is don all we can do is keep marching." The lich oddly unaffected by Dooms Boosts.

"Uhhh, that doesn't sound like a very good idea. I don't think we should rush in like that..." Cuki gently spoke up. "We still don't know what Doom is capable of. He said he was gathering data on us this whole time but I don't think he said anything about gathering information on us in our universes... Maybe it'll be a bit wiser for us to tread carefully in these trials, especially since we might need to work together rather than use brute strength to win."

Cuki bit her lip in anticipation of the upcoming trials.

"So can't we just put our fists aside and use our brains for a second? I know I have no place to say this but..." Cuki took a short breath. "You Saiyans blindly follow the dumbest suggestion, don't you? It's always fighting with your kind. I guess it's just Monkey-See Monkey-Do."

I guess our universes will suffer for the incompetence of these Saiyans... I just wish I can speak out more. We must protect our worlds. I don't want to see anyone suffer but I don't want to be alone anymore. Oh, what should I do?

=====

"So the trials start tomorrow huh?" Maggie scratched her head. "Better hope these bums don't mess things up for you, Kettles. You should use your miracle magic to make them less stupid or something. Even then, I think that is out of your league since you said you can't perform miracles if there is absolutely no chance of it happening. Haha!"

Maggie pointed her stubby hand to the group. 

"But this might be an all-nighter for you, Kettles. Gotta make it simple for these punks to understand."

Vegetto narrowed his eyes towards Cuki.

“You’re a Saiyan too, don’t try to pull that act here.”

He scoffed lightly.

“You didn’t listen to a word I said, did you? I never said we should attack him head on: everything I just said a minute ago was a ruse. I want him to think I’m going to make the same mistake. The more confident he is in beliefs we can manipulate, the better chance we have.”

Snow had heard this and got up to them. "So, he pushed it up to tomorrow? Darn there goes my idea then. Not that my universe actually matters. No one is left there." Amaterasu, and the kids were shocked to hear that. They knew that the fighting was bad, but to actually wipe out the entire population of the universe. They couldn't believe it.

“I hate to agree with the hothead, but he’s right…” Spina was in agreement with Vegetto’s plan on manipulating Doctor Doom’s confidence. “He has information about us more than we realized, so it’s pointless trying to outsmart him.” Spina narrowed his eyes upon Cuki’s insults about the Saiyans. 

“Enough of that—tired of you looking down on us when you’re a Saiyan yourself. Nothing is more asinine than a self-hating Saiyan. Unless you have some big plans, which I would love to hear, then don’t go throwing insults here.” Spina sigh a bit. “Besides, we wouldn’t have been in this dire situation if the Voice didn’t get caught by the Doctor.”

“Eh?” The voice jumped up. “Hey! I was just gathering some Intel for you folks! Besides, if Doctor Doom flat out told you during the trials, all of you would no doubt flew into a rage without a second thought.” Voice explained. 

“Besides, it was your request that made Bernkastel performed a miracle, which brought Doom over here in the first place.” The voice pointed out, causing Spina to sweat a bit.

“I-I didn’t think it would’ve work! Especially after you were going on and on about the strong…” Spina choked on his wording at the beginning. 
“All of you guys fucked up. And this going back and forth isn’t going to do anything right now.” Demi-Fiend chimed on it as he places the empty bowl onto the ground. “And the apartment is a total wreck and I doubt it would be fix anytime soon. Doctor Doom did say that he will tell us the coordinates of his castle right?” He turns to the Lich.

“You have a place around here, right?” Demi-Fiend asked the being, then turns to the rest of the group. “Get some sleep, cool your heads and let Bernkastel figure out what will be the first two trials. That’s the only thing you guys can possibly do at the moment.” He got up and dusted off the dirt from his pants. “There’s nothing that needs to be said anyways. Trials are tomorrow, the fate of the universes is practically on the line here for you folks and the ramen dinner is gone. Let’s pack up and get some sleep.” 

“… The Tattoo kid is making some sense… for the first time ever.” The voice admitted. "It is pretty late."

The lich says opening a doorway "I hope this works for you all." The doorway cleverly leads to a mansion in an upper-class part of reality city.

"He isn't wrong, all things considered. But now that the Trials are going to occur tomorrow with no change in directions, I will have to rethink my approach." Bernkastel said. "Lesson learned: I shouldn't entertain the wishes of fools," she muttered while glaring at Spina.

"You all can go rest since the matter is out of your hands. I won't be joining you. The dolly will come with me: we have thinking to do in a place where eavesdroppers won't be listening. But I won't be giving you an easy win just because I'm going first." With Maggie on her shoulder, she turned on her heel and began to walk away. "By the way... If any of you would rather accept defeat now and die before you even try, then I'd rather not see you tomorrow. I don't need you endangering your peers any further because you're too selfish to understand anything beyond yourself."

She opened a portal in front of herself to step into. "Before you give up, think about why you held on this far. Those who want to see this through to the bitter end, we will meet where Doom said. Bring your best poker face," Bernkastel joked with a neutral expression as the portal closed in on her and Maggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom