The Fallen Sky Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tsk!" The Monster-Leader swung his arm to shake Lix's grip off of him.

"You're going to be begging to spare your life at the end of this!" The ax once again burst into energy and was swung in rapid succession towards Lix.

Black Shadow stood up, dusting herself off. "Thank you, Mr. Faunix." 

Silence didn't respond or say anything. As if the action Faunix took didn't matter to him. He instead continued to walk.

"I will stay here and accompany Lix." Faunix nodded to Black Shadow. "Please do be careful of any monsters ahead. Lix and I shall return to your aid momentarily."

Faunix smiled at Black Shadow and offered the cutest smile for a weird faun thing. He instantly vanished thanks to his fast speed. 

Lix began to back away from the monster, allowing himself to get slashed at and bleed all over the place. He didn't seem in pain but he was hindering slightly due to the damage he let himself get. However, it looked to be the more damage he got, the faster he seemed to get. He picked up just a little in his speed until he was able to catch the ax in his hand and attempt to slash at the monster from the side with his other hand.

"Please be careful, Mr. Faunix and Lix." Black Shadow turned towards Silence and caught up with him. The feeling she had for this man was unpleasant. What was his deal on degrading those two consistently? The thought linger in her head for a while. Faunix even protected them from a energy waves--he still have not mustered the words "thanks".

"Hey, quit your day dreaming. There's more monsters lurking around here." Silence said.

"Right.." Black Shadow responded in a cold manner.

-----------------------

The monster tried to move out of the way, but his reaction was not enough to escaped the attack. Being slashed caught him to scream in pain as he backed away. He'd let go of his ax, still caught in Lix's hands, as he grabbed onto his wound. 

"Shit, you are rather a strange one.. but I won't give in.." He took a deep breath, inhaling as much as he could. His belly became bloated, then turned bright red. Then, his belly started to let out steam, causing the monster to exhale a giant, red bursting attack in enormous size. towards him.

Lix tossed the ax behind him, wanting to use his claws more than any other weapon. As the ax flew, Faunix took a hold of it in mid-air elegantly. He landed on the floor silently but refused to interfere in Lix's battle unless told otherwise. He seemed a little worried for Lix, knowing how far he can go in a battle.

Lix moved out of the way but took some of the blast, hitting the wall. He was covered in his own blood and most of his tail was gone at this point but his movements only kept getting faster. His injuries were bad but it wasn't stopping him. He rushed at the monster once again with his claws lashing out and the skin that was over his mouth ripping itself apart. It appeared to be trying to show a wicked smile behind the skin and fur.

"More..! More!" Lix hissed. "You're not fighting all out! Fight me! Fight me with the intent to kill! Kill me! KILL ME!"

The monster sweated a bit. 

"Damn, what the hell is up with this guy!?" The monster jumped around the room to avoid Lix's attacks. However, his movements was slow due to the wound he'd gotten from earlier. "Shit, I have no choice!"

The monster did the same move once again, but this time in rapid succession. He was planning to fire at multiple directions to hit him. If one of the fire balls hit the wall, they would ricochet off until it turns a target. "This is my chance to get close!!!" The monster proceeded to rush closer to Lix; he was planning something drastic.

Lix's body twitched and he allowed himself to get hit once again but the look on his face became more and more contorted. At this point, Lix was almost closing in on his transformation state. Faunix noticed Lix's bloodlust and he instantly took his part in the battle. With the Ax he caught, he slammed the blunt side of the ax on to Lix's head as hard as he could. Lix went flying to a wall and crashed on to it. He was unconscious because he didn't expect Faunix to hit him. His body was slowly healing itself, mostly his tail.

Faunix let out a sigh of relief knowing that Lix will not be able to transform. He stared at the monster and spun his ax elegantly before pointing it to the beast.

"Please, I do not wish to fight you. Cease your actions at once." Faunix said seriously. "I do not want to hurt you."

The monster narrowed his eyes of what had transpire right before him. What just happen? The thought ran through his thoughts before he look down to his wounds. Then, he became to burst out laughing.

"Hahaha! I don't know what you were thinking, but thanks! You definitely gave me enough time.." The monster removed his hand from the wound he gotten, fully healed. Then, his body suddenly changed. The monster began bigger, grew wings and become more dragon-like. He stand before Faunix, staring him down.

"Your are vastly weaker than your friend here. I can sense that. Do you honestly have the shred of chance of defeating me? Don't make me laugh!!!!!!" The monster lifted his hands upwards and slammed towards where Faunix was.

"I may be weaker..." Faunix's tone got slightly darker. He instantly disappeared before the monster and landed softly and gracefully behind him. "But I am faster. Much faster... Besides, I haven't even began to unleash my full potential."

Faunix, in an attempt to silence the beast, he used the ax from behind, aiming to slice his head off in a single slice.

The Monster-Leader smashed his claws through the ground--did not realized Faunix had already dodged his attacked. As the smoke cleared, he felt the presence of a terrible energy lingering behind him. Narrowing his eyes, he'd turned around to attack him; however, before he even knew it, his head was knocked off cleaned. 

=========

"Curious Silence, Grand Swordsman." Black Shadow spoke. "Why are you so hard on them? Faunix protected you from the blast. At least you could have say thanks." 

"If I say thanks, that means I have to acknowledge them as my equal. I refused to do such a thing." Silence responded. "To knowledge monsters as my equal brings shame onto me and my family that suffered from their destruction." 

"Isn't that being racist? They're not even monsters, we literally don't know what they are." Black Shadow responded.

"If they're not humans, they're monsters in my eyes." Silence said. He stop walking and turns to Black Shadow. "Listen, if you're trying to convey me to change my view, don't bother. If you're attempting to understand why I'm thinking like this. Don't bother. None of this matters. We do the mission and that's that. Hardly we won't be seeing each other once this is all done. Now leave those pointless questions out and focus on the mission." Silence turned around and continued walking. 

Black Shadow didn't responded and simply followed. She senses a high levels of energy emitting across from them. "There's something ahead.."

Faunix landed on his hooves with the lightest tap to the point where one wouldn't even hear him land at all. He watch the monster's head roll away and his body go limp; the mere sight made Faunix shiver. It was obvious that he didn't enjoy fighting, let alone killing. He walked over to the unconscious Lix and picked him up by the loose skin behind his neck. Slowly but surely, he was regenerating his tail.

"Now to return back with the others..." He glanced at Lix and frowned. "You still lack control. Your last fight with Z hurt your pride, huh?"

Silence sheathed his blade. Around him with nothing more than pool of monsters, all sliced into bits and pieces. 

He turns to see Black Shadow. "We're done here, let's go. Those four can follow the path I laid out for them if they are still alive." Silence said, continued walking. 

Sweat formed on Black Shadow's forehead, dripping down across her cheeks, then to the floor. "What just happen? I haven't even seen him removed his blade. He gripped onto it and within a instant, about 15 of them just dropped to the ground like a pile of meats I couldn't sense his movements at all, as if he did not make a single sound" Black Shadow thought. "I guess Tort wasn't kidding about picking him." She'd whispered.

Faunix continued to drag Lix across the area, following the trail which Silence and Black Shadow took. As he continued to drag Lix, Faunix left behind a trail of blood for the other two to follow in case they catch up. Faunix seemed to speak to himself.

"Lix... you still need better control of yourself." Faunix sighed. "I hope that this mission ends soon, I hate it when you act up like this."

As Faunix continued to walk, he finally caught up to Silence and Black Shadow. He noticed the blood bath and snickered slightly to himself. He couldn't help but speak out.

"Looks like a demon killed these monsters. Even Lix wouldn't go this far, and he's a bit crazy ya'know."

Black Shadow approached the two. "I'm glad you're alright! Guess I was too concern of your well-being. You are Z's capable men." She'd praised. Looking at Lix, she noticed the battle damage across his body, notably his tail. She seems to can't shake off this feeling of "bloodlust" emitting from him.

"Is he going to be alright?" Black Shadow asked. 

"How rude. If a demon were to do this, they would be must more brutal." Silence retorted.

"We're fine, Black Shadow." Faunix smiled gently. "And don't worry about Lix, he'll be awake shortly. He just has a broken pride is all. Z tends to put him in place..." Faunix wiggled Lix's limp body to show the collar around his neck. It had a small emblem with the letter Z in it. It was obvious who tamed him. When Silence spoke back to Faunix, he tilted his head slightly. He didn't understand the hate he had but he wasn't bothered by it.

"Spoken like a true demon." Faunix said. "I'm not even a demon and I know that's harsh. Even Lix doesn't believe in that idea and his control isn't the best..."

"That's rather ironic." Silence responded. "Especially when you and I know such a case is severely not the slightest of truths in regards to your friend. If the dog wasn't wrapped in chain, his true nature is expose." 

"Anyways, to change the atmosphere a little. There are still high levels of energy in our path. So it's best to be alert at all times." Black Shadow tried to change the topic to avoid tension between the two. "Let's continue our way, alright?"

"Right." Faunix ignored Silence's remarks for the most part and continued on his way, trailing close to Black Shadow. Lix was starting to stir up and wake up in Faunix's arm. As soon as Faunix felt Lix moving, he released him and stared back.

"You okay there, Lix?" Faunix said, petting his back. "You took a heavy blow from that monster."

"I am fine, thank you, Faunix." Lix sighed. "Let's go on our merry way."

Faunix nodded and watch Lix slither up ahead, as usual. He then made his way back to Black Shadow's side and scratched the back of his head, mostly his horns. He whispered to Black Shadow.

"What's that man's problem anyways? He acts like we're out to get him. He sure is weird..."

"Beats me." Black Shadow was amazed of how Lix recovered rather quickly, slithering up ahead as if nothing happen. Is this the true strength of Z’s guards? 

“I tried asking him about his behaviors towards you.” She whispered. “However, he shot me down in a rather quick fashion with no hesitation. His mind is more concern of completing the mission than anything else—even though he has time to bash on you two.”

Faunix snickered slightly at the response, it being humorous to him that a grown man acted more like a child than anything.

"I wouldn't worry about childish remarks like that." Faunix smiled. He didn't bother to whisper anymore. "Just focus on the mission at hand and I'm sure you'll think less of it. Don't worry about his respect to us. Lix doesn't care and I just want Master Shine back in one piece. Whatever his reason is, I'm sure it's enough for him to be the way he is. We shouldn't think less of the man because of it."

Faunix laughed before petting Black Shadow's head and kept by her side like some sort of loyal knight. There seemed to be more to Faunix's character than just 'paper goat' for the Sisterhood. He was very much like a gentleman.

"Dead-end." Silence stopped walking. "Looks like we've hit another wall." 

"If it was like the last one.." Black Shadow felt weird being petted. "There's a portal somewhere among us. We just have to find it."

"Maybe Black Shadow should work some magic and touch the wall again." Faunix laughed. "You seem to have a knack for finding things we cannot see."

Lix's ears twitched and he began to touch the wall, remembering that something on the wall triggered the portal to go upstairs. Lix didn't show the slightly of lust in comparison to a moment ago, almost as if he was switched off the blood lust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom