The Fallen Sky Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We were transported here from our world through an Area known as the Ruins of Neo Arcadia. Time and Space distort there, so we assume we stumbled into a wormhole. We seem to be on the same planet, but we got separated from our friends." Tech explains.

"Our friends seem to arrived at a rainforest, a place covered in water and a school for magic. We arrived in some large city, then came here based off rumors." Aile adds.

"This place is fascinating. An entire city dedicated to heroes, a land supposedly filled with dragoons, entire schools solely dedicated to magic! It's a researchers' paradise!" Tech gushes.

Silence didn't seen to noticed Faunix's annoyance; then he turns to the duo that explained their purpose traveling around here. "Ruins of Neo Arcadia? Never heard such place on anywhere.. at least from the map."

"It could be possible that they're from the Islands. They tend to have "unique" compare to larger regions. Not every single place is documented on the Booga Maps." Black Shadow said. 

"Well, regardless, their intentions has little to do with me anyways. I'm here to complete a mission. So I reckon we get going." Silence turns to the driver. "Shall we?"

"Don't worry..!" The man finished preparing the boat and aim towards the temple.

Black Shadow looked towards the temple, feeling a sense of "disturbance" in the air. "I felt something is strange within it.. more strange than I can think.."

Faunix remained silent for the most part, same as Lix. He stared at Lix, nervous for the most part. Lix's fur ruffles in the wind as the boat moved but he, too, remained absolutely motionless. Faunix let the others talk and felt slightly discouraged to say anything due to Silence's attitude to him and Lix. He let out a sigh but tried hard not to let it get to him. He finally spoke out to break his awkward silence.

"Ruins of Neo Arcadia?" Faunix questioned. "Sounds very interesting. I have yet to hear about this place myself. Perhaps after all this is over, you can show us a tour of your homeland?"

The boat arrived towards the Fallen Temple. As is, floating onto the water. However, due to the barrier, the man made sure the boat was at the safe distance. One touched can flung them back away, hard. 

"Alrighty.. this is as far as I can go." The man said.

"Hmm.." Black Shadow was in deep thought. "Faunix, when working with Shine, was he's working on something?"

"This barrier is magic based, so are any of you able to dispell the mystic arts, even for a short time?" Tech asks from above.

He sends some wind to see how far the barrier covers.

"It's probably a perfect sphere, T. It probably has an origin point in its center. We're not breaking it from out here. Best we can do is try to bypass it." Aile yells from the water.

She turns to the others on the boat.

"I'm not surprised you haven't heard of us considering we haven't heard of you either. Our home is touching the ocean, so it could be a large island. I've never been to the other side of it." she explains, floating on her back.

"Shine did say he was working on trying to find out the mysteries of this world." Faunix said, scratching his chin. "He was also studying more powerful magic. He was very secretive of what he was studying, even I wasn't informed about most of his studies..." He shifted on his feet slightly. "I suppose he might have dragged all of his studies to this one point. He might have learned a new spell that allowed him to enter the temple."

Lix stared at temple and the barrier that surrounded it. He listened to the explanation of Tech and Alie.

"I suck as using magic, so does Faunix." Lix said bluntly. "We attack using blunt force and tactics. Maybe we should find a weak point in this barrier."

"No.." Black Shadow said. "I think I know what spell Shine used to bypass it..." 

"Oh? Then speak up." Silence said. 

"However, time is critical for this. One slip up and could be the end of us.." Black Shadow said.

"If precision is what matters, leave it to me. That's my specialty." Tech states.

"It ain't hard when you use lightning as your element. 'Oh look over there, an enemy! I hope my LIGHTNING is quick enough to hit them!'" Aile taunts.

"...what do we need to do?" Tech asks, eye twitching.

"Stay back." Black Shadow said. The scepter began to glow, dark aura surrounds it. The man who operated the boat decided to stay faraway back, to avoid getting into trouble. 

"Oh? What are you planning to accomplished?" Silence states. "If such a spell is capable of breaking through it."

"The barrier is protected by spell that's able to regenerated instantly if broken through. So even if we managed to break a hole through it, it will reformed before our thoughts can even process it of what's happening. Thus, I think Shine was able to manipulate time to slow down's regeneration at that singular point where he broke through, to bypass it.."

"And the catch?" Silence asked.

"Not even time-manipulation is strong enough to break through. The barrier.. has some very and extreme level of magic that able to cancelled any spell and regenerated instantly." Black Shadow said.

Silence raised a brow. "And how did you conclude that?" 

"The two, Tech and Aile stated the barrier is perfect shaped with no mention of holes anywhere at sight. Meaning, if I do performed this spell, we only have a couple of seconds to jump in and get it. If one of us hesitated for even a moment, you'll be pushed by or slice into tiny bits as the barrier reformed itself." Black Shadow responded.

"Can we hurry up?" Lix said. "I am growing tired of waiting. Either we go inside or we go home. You have two options and 30 seconds."

"Oh relax Lix, I'm sure we will think of som--"

"Twenty-Nine." Lix actually began to countdown when Faunix spoke. "Twenty-Eight..."

"There is no reasoning with you..." Faunix sighed and turned to the others. "Well, I'm sure we'll make it through before any of us have to lose an arm or a leg. I'm pretty confident you magic users can handle this situation just fine. So please, let's work together so we can find Master Shine sooner, the more time we waste, the more trouble Master Shine can be in."

"We're fast. You're good to open it." Aile states.

"A few seconds is more than enough time. You may open it." Tech agrees.

He flies lower and Aile swims closer.

Black Shadow lifted the scepter into the air and began muttering a phrase as she closed her eyes. "May the darkness devoured thy hearts, the disruption of time.." Surrounding her was an gathering of black-color energy, all going to the tip of the scepter. Pointing the scepter towards the barrier, she signal out a single point deep end within the middle. 

The barrier became to react violently when the scepter was pointing towards it. The foundation of it became to slow, the energy became erratic, and soon, a gaping began to appear, becoming larger and larger as each moment passes by.  

Silence took a step back, looking at to the barrier. "It seems like it working.." He thought. 

Soon, Black Shadow was able to burst through a large enough hole for everyone to jumped through it - instantly; however, she switch to another spell. "I called upon, Time.." As the barrier tried to reformed, it's process was slow down dramatically to the point that it remained in a frozen state. Black Shadow's body became to tremble, she sweated as the weight of the magic she cast have a toll on her. She'd fell on her knees once she finished firing off her spells.  "Phew..."

Silence took a look at the large barrier. "Damn, whatever magic you used, must've been a strong one.. It's not even moving to regenerate .." Silence noticed that barrier, despite being slowed in time, is beginning to rapidly restore. 

"Go! I can only managed to make it slow down for 7 seconds!" Black Shadow shouted.

Faunix rushed inside without saying anything to the others and looked back to see if Lix was inside. The serpent took his time slithering through the gap offered. His upper body was inside but the rest of his body still outside the gap by how long it was. He hummed to himself, not really having a care in the world. Faunix stared at the creature, worried.

"Hurry up, Lix!" Faunix screamed. "You're gonna get chopped in half!"

"Aile grab the lizard. I've got the wizard." Tech says.

He flies down to grab the Black Shadow before flying in.

"Damn it..." she hops up and freezes the floor to make Lix slide in.

"You're in the way, overgrown reptile." Silence jumped over Lix's head, and dive into the hole. He landed on the floor. "Phew, made it." He looked around, seeing the temple. "Nothing seems to be here.." Ignoring Lix's situation. 

Black Shadow was tired from the amount of spell she cast. It took a toll on her body. She looked up to Tech. "Thank you." She turned and see that Lix was still caught in the hole. "H-hey! The barrier is about to reformed itself in a couple of seconds!"

As the barrier closed, the tip of Lix's tail was sliced off. The being looked indifferent about losing the end of his tail. He looked behind him and wiggled the remainder of his tail. He shrugged and generally seem to ignore the bursts of the others. He slithered casually to Faunix, who nearly had a panic attack at the loss of Lix's tail. Before the faun could say anything to Lix, the serpent only held up his hand to silence him.

"I know my tail is gone, Faunix." He said sternly but addressed himself to everyone. "It will grow back shortly. Please do not worry over me and make no attempts to help me. I can handle myself... Thank you for your kindness, however." 

Faunix tugged at his horns but obeyed Lix for the most part. He grumbled but turned to Silence and Black Shadow.

"Alright... Everyone is okay, I assume?" Faunix turned to face the others. "If so, we can move on."

"I'm a little bit winded, but I'm fine." Black Shadow said.

Silence didn't respond to Faunix; he'd went off on his own, too look around the place. "Hmm."

"Where do you suppose Shine is in this temple?" Faunix said while he looked around. "I guess we should just follow the path before us and hope that there are no demons or enemies ready to strike us down."

Lix slithered on ahead leaving a small and thin trail of his purple blood behind. From the looks of it, he wanted to get his tail cut on purpose so that his trickles of blood can help them lead back to the entrance should they get lost.

Aile walks behind Lix and freezes his blood as walks by it. She places her halberd on her back and looks to Tech.

"You feel the energy in this place?" she asks.

"I'll check things out." Tech says.

He flies off and down the corridors he sees, disappearing down a hallway.

"There's isn't any life form in this area." Silence said out loud. "It seems that they're only in the upper levels of this temple. However, I don't sense any form of high levels of magic around here."

"You can sense magical aura?" Black Shadow stood up, raising a brow. "Do you sense Shine?"

"Shine should be emitting high levels of energy, correct? Considering he's the leader and all - so unless he's hiding his aura or he's dead." Bluntly said, Silence went ahead and continued to look around, to find a way to get to the upper levels.

"D-dead..?" Black Shadow began to sweat. "I don't think he's dead.."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom