The Fallen Sky Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I doubt Lord Shine would be dead." Faunix scratched his head. "I think he may be hiding his aura as to not draw any attention. I believe we must be careful around this temple; strong enemies might be in this area and that is why Shine has had to hide his aura..."

Lix's ears twitched and it was obvious that he was trying to listen to see if he could hear Shine or not.

"It may simply be the nature of where we are. Like how infrared won't work in a volcano or night vision during the day, there may be too much magical energy here to sense for a single individual." Aile theorizes.

She drops a chunk of ice on the floor as they walk by.

"Right.." Black Shadow to Faunix and Aile's statement. "Well, we don't know for sure until we already search around.." 

Silence was already searching around. He begins to examine images that were craved onto the walls, notably, cyclops beings. "Hmm.." Silence continued to examined drawings. However, there was a sudden noise of footsteps from an earshot away. Silence turns around--as it seem like an instant-- cut down a pillar. It reveal to be a group of "Mushrooms-like creatures" that had eyes and a mouth. The creatures shook, mumbling the words "Goomba" over and over again.

"What the hell is.. that?" Silence said, he was about to slay them.

"What an odd creature..." Faunix said while he sighed at Silence's quick and relentless attack. "They look harmless enough. I think we should just leave them alone and not cause any more ruckus. Kiiling these things would just be something a demon would do."

Faunix leaned a little closer to the Goomba and tried to see what it was really all about. He didn't think this thing would prove a problem to them as long as they didn't bother the little mushroom monster. He gave the creature a smile and moved away from it.

"They're kind of cute." Aile ponders out loud. "I wonder where Tech ended up..."

The gem on her forehead starts to glow and her visor comes down.

Black Shadow examined the mushroom creatures, petting one of it on the head. "I don't think it's necessarily to attack them if they're not attacking us. Let's focus on finding Shine." Black Shadow followed Faunix. "Judging by the looks of this, there doesn't seem to be anything threatening here. I wager that most of them exist in the higher rooms. We just need to get up there."

Silence withdrew his blade and followed the group.

Faunix stared at Silence and thought it would wise to follow him but at the same time, he has to keep an eye out for Lix. He stared at the Goombas once again and waved at them as he casually followed Silence.

Lix, meanwhile, tried his hardest to listen to any sort of slight movements or echoes that can lead him to Shine. His ears twitched slightly, ignoring the group behind him.

"Shine could be dead..." Lix said emotionless. "I cannot hear a thing."

"That could be a good sign as well. Tech is still flying around the area, so if you can't hear anything, this place might just be messing with us." Aile says. "I'm not sure how though. I'll check out the lower levels."

She hops and slides down some ice.

"Talking about it won't do a thing. Mind as well find our way up to the upper levels and search from there." Silence said, turning to Ailie. "You're some kind of technical person, right? Contact your friend if he found a way up there. Aimlessly wondering around here won't do anything." ​

Black Shadow looked around at a bit more. Nothing too out of the ordinary--it essentially seems to be a regular temple, outside of the "weird" creatures they spotted. "I don't think Shine is dead..." responding to Lix's comment. "But, yes, we do need to get to the next floor."​

"Well, let's not assume any deaths here." Faunix said to comfort Black Shadow. "Shine is a strong man, so I'm sure he can hold his own for a while or so."

Faunix scratched his head and wondered about Shine's condition. He shook his head, bringing himself back to reality. "I do believe we need to find a way to the upper floors. Finding the stairs will take a long time and I don't think time is on our side."

"Speaking of that.." Black Shadow said in response to Faunix's question of finding some way to the upper floors. "We have not seen a single flight of stairs since we have been here." Black Shadow looked up, noticed the lack of ceiling. She thought could use her teleportation to get to higher ground; however, it seems to be negated.

"My teleportation magic doesn't seem to be working.." Black Shadow said. "If I were to take a guess, flying up won't do any good either. It seems that whatever magical aura was placed here, seems to restrict transportation, including flying. So anyone trying to move up will find it impossible. Whoever put up this magic, really do not want people to aimlessly wander around without some kind of trick." 

"So we have to find another way to get up there, huh?" Silence asked. "Guess that person flying up will be mounted to the ground in a bit."

"That's my theory, anyways." Black Shadow walked towards the wall, observing the temple. However, Black Shadow pressed her right hand onto a wall and it began to light up across the board. Jumping back, she narrowed her eyes. The wall began to show images of events; though it seems to be referring to the past. 

"What the.." Black Shadow sounded confused.

"What did you do?" Silence asked, unfazed by what just occurred. 

"I just pressed my hand onto the wall and this happens." Black Shadow said.

"I can try." Aile stops and answers.

She reaches out to Tech before the history is shown in front of them. She activates her journal and starts typing.

"This is what we came here for."

[Aile, I reached what appeared to be higher in the temple, but I was forced to the ground and can see you guys above me. I'm not that great with magic, so it's up to you to help them figure out what's going on. I'll try to find my way back to you.]

"10-4."

Faunix stared at the wall in awe but took a step back, knowing that surprises were just waiting to happen. He seem to gather information about the wall drawings before him and he tried to put the pieces together by himself.

"How odd." Faunix said to the others. "These pictures appear to be telling some sort of story... Maybe there's a clue as to how to find Master Shine?"

"Telling a story, huh?" Silence looked at the images. Some seem to reveal a group of people surrounding a singular, one-eye being.

"But we're not here for that." Silence went ahead and touched the walls as well. "The more we waste time, the greater the possibility of Shine being dead. If touching the wall bring this up, it would lead a way to the upper floors."

Faunix stared at the single eyed being and tilted his head in a confused manner. Lix slithered his way across the wall, a single claw sliding across the patterns. He seemed to be filing his ridiculously large claws for any upcoming battles. He's unblinking eyes gazed over the images on the wall. He began to touch the wall the same way Silence did, trying to see if anything would happen. Faunix was more interested in the drawings.

"It seems that this cyclops-like creature was worshiped at one point..." He said, tapping his chin. "I wonder what this creature is."

Black Shadow went to Faunix's side, since he was curious about the images. "Well, I heard many stories about the past from Shine." Black Shadow said. "Particular about Shina Ania and this one. I believe Shine said the name of this being was-"

"Quit your yapping and help us look for a way up. Our mission isn't walking around like it's a tour and waste our time. Even the snake-demon is actually doing something productive." Silence snapped. "Focus." He continued touching the walls.

At a certain point of Lix touching the walls with his claws, the wall light up. It began to move forward, then moved to the side to reveal an entrance to the upper floors. It doesn't have stairs, but it seems to be a "portal" of some kind.

Lix didn't look slightly phased as the wall began to light up and move, showing the possible link to going upstairs. He stared at the portal and slithered his way to it, ignoring any sense of danger that could await them. He obviously did have the emotion of fear.

"Ugh, such a rude man, I swear.." Faunix whispered under his breath. He instantly ran to Lix, worried about his rash action. "Lix, wait! It could be dangerous!"

"Don't get in my way, Faunix." Lix said, without stopping in his easy-going pace.

"Hmph.. another rude one."

"Finally, something actually useful to move this mission along." Silence said, following Lix. "Hurrying it up everyone." 

Black Shadow sweated a bit. "Wait, we don't know what it does yet. We should be careful of randomly going into portals. It might even teleport out of the temple." She questioned.

Faunix grumbled at how mean and rude Silence was being but at least he wasn't openly annoying Lix. He looked at Black Shadow and shrugged his shoulders, knowing there was no way to stop Lix or Silence.

"Well, we might as well give it a try." Faunix said, smiling. "Besides, I doubt anything we say will stop those two. They got skulls thicker than the walls of this temple."

"Right.." Black Shadow responded. She was weary of the portal, since the temple is already mysterious as it is. She turns to Allie. 

"Come on, let's move along to whatever the portal takes us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom