The Fallen Sky Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lix did not hesitate to enter the portal, he didn't even slow down his pace. 

Faunix sighed and headed for the portal as well. He stood before the portal, allowing Silence to go before him. He bowed his head to the man and offered a humble bow and arm in the direction of the portal. It was the same gesture he would do to royalty.

"Please." He said calmly. "After you."

"Hmph." Silence said, walking past Lix. "I don't need kindness or formal gestures from the likes of you." Silence entered the portal. His body began to disappeared slowly. "Whatever it takes us, it better than doing nothing by chit-chatting."

"Such rudeness will be costly to him." 

Faunix was getting used to Silence's rude remarks and learned to just tolerate him and still be respectful and polite to him. He stared at Black Shadow and performed his humble bow to the man. His smile was as sincere as ever.

"Please, after you."

"Thank you, Faunix." Black Shadow bowed in response before entering the portal. Particles were pulling away from Black Shadow's body before disappearing completely. In a instant, Black Shadow opened her eyes and seeing Silence in the front.

"Took you long enough." Silence said.

"Is.. this the upper floor?" Black Shadow asked.

"It appears so. I can sense killing intent lurking around here in comparison to where we were prior." Silence said, gripping onto his blade. 

The floor was very dark, with few candles here and there as "support for light" for those to look around. You can heard sounds of dripping water and howls of monsters from afar.

"Where did the others go?" Tech asks, having caught up to Aile.

"They went on ahead. I decided to wait for you since it won't be hard to find them." she replies.

"How do you figure that? This whole place is a maze."

She points to a trail of blood on the floor and the frozen blood behind them.

"That Naga-like creature has been leaving a trail everywhere it's gone that I've been freezing to make sure we had a path out. Finding them should hopefully be as simple as following this."

They walk along the halls as Aile freezes any blood they come across and Tech records everything they see.

Lix continued to trail in his own pace. His ears twitched when he heard the howls of the monsters. He tilted his head and slowly turned to face the others. 

"There are others ahead of us. Be braced for anything." Lix said sternly. "Try not to die." Lix's wounded tail has already started to close up and heal itself. It was a slightly lighter color than the rest of his serpent body but in due time, it would darken down to match his slender body. He did not wait for the others, as usual, and trailed on ahead without mustering any other word.

After Black Shadow entered the portal, Faunix trailed inside. He looked around the new area he was in. The drips of water seemed to make his skin crawl. He only hoped that there wasn't much water in this area. 

"Well, I assume we must be closer to Shine." Faunix smiled. "Let's keep on this path."

"Thanks for the warning." Black Shadow looked around, while holding onto her staff. "This is completely different feeling from the first floor..."

Black Shadow was walking, until she'd bumped into Silence in front of him. 

"H-hey, don't just stopped all of the sudden. Let's hu-"

"There's multiple monsters coming in our direction. Standby for battle." Silence interrupt Black Shadow. "One of them, I assumed as their leader, is huge and carrying weapons."

Lix stopped in place and waited for the leader. He was slightly ahead of the others but it looks as if he was ready to take on the entire army on his own. Faunix's fluffy tail twitched as he felt the wave of monsters rushing in their direction. He instantly took his spot in front of Silence and Black Shadow, offering his body to protect them. Regardless of what Silence said, he was willing to help him out.

"I will assist you, Sir Silence." Faunix said seriously. "But do not get in Lix's way. I will not save you from his fury should you get in his way. Heed my warning, both of you."

Silence simply move ahead of Faunix regardless of courtesy.

"Please step aside. I have no interest of hanging over my life under a foolish demon." Silence continued to griped on his blade, waiting for "rushing monsters" to appear.

A group, consisting about 5 monsters, were coming from the direction right of Lix, Silence, Faunix and Black Shadow. Black Shadow herself took noted of the where they came from.

"Once this battle is over with, we can use that path to go further.."  Black Shadow thought.

As Silence described, there was a huge monsters, accompanied by 4 smaller ones. The 4 creatures had an odd appearance. They had dragonic, bear and tiger features mixed together. They bare large fangs and claws, with orange and green fur. They appeared to be four-legged. 

The huge monster, while bearing the similar appearance, was on two legs, wear distinct clothing and was armed with a huge ax. The ax itself had dried out blood stained plasters all over it.

"Hahaha..More people!?" The monster spoke.

"We haven't had this many people come here in succession in centuries!!!" The leader of the group was the only one capable of speech.  "And you came in just the right time. Lunch." The monster griped his ax. "Go my comrades! Slaughter them!"

The 4 monsters rushes towards Lix and the others.

Lix stood there patiently and his hands twitched. In an instant, 4-5 inch large claws appeared from his hands. His ears twitched simultaneously and he instantly lashed out at the closest monster to him. He always had that expressionless face of his but deep down inside, he was beyond thrilled to finally be able to fight without restrictions.

Faunix's tail flickered around and he grew serious. Without instinct, he rushed next to Lix and the two shared the large claws on their hands. Faunix's usual nervous face was now that of a knight protecting his friends. He helped out Lix by swiftly and elegantly cutting a nearby monster.

Before the monster could even registered his thought to unleashed the attack, his body was sliced into pieces. Blood splatter and spray across the floor. The other monsters stopped in their tracks, with fear riddling in their eyes of what they have seen the two had done. 

"W-whoa.. Shine told me that they're worthy warriors.." Black Shadow sweated a little bit. "But this.."

"It's nothing special. These type of violence is natural for their kind.." Silence wasn't fazed. "If they didn't have that, they'll be worthless." 

The leader of the monster bore a smile. He turned to the other monsters, ordering them to continue attacking. 2 monsters didn't want to met the fate that occurred to the fallen one, so they ditch and ran. The remaining one stay to fight. He inhale until his belly became bloated. Then, he'd exhale a large fireball towards Lix and Faunix.

Lix, as much as he tried to get out of the way, got the tip of his tail burned off. Ashes fell from where his tail was and it seemed that he didn't get a break from losing his tail. He didn't seem to pay much attention to it and rushed his way directly to Faunix. Faunix braced himself because he seemed to know what was going to happen. Lix took a hold of the faun-creature and threw him directly at one of the monsters. Lix quickly trailed right behind Faunix to catch up in a follow-up attack.

The monster narrowed his eyes, seeing Faunix coming at him at such speeds. He dodges towards his left to get out of the way, while  gathering another burst of energy to create a fireball to shoot. 

"What are they doing?" Black Shadow asked.

"Just watch and observed." Silence said. "The thinking of a monster."

Faunix stood before the monster but quickly dipped out of the way. When he did, all the monster saw was a cat-like snake in their face with his claws inches away from slicing them apart. Lix's face became more and more contorted, almost as if he was trying to show the crazy and sadist smile he had under his furry flesh.

The dragonic monster narrowed his eyes, as the claws ripped it into shreds. It fell to the floor as a pile of guts, with the blood spilling across the platform.

"Haha!" The leader chuckled. "You are not ordinary folks ain't ya? Should have learn my lesson with the last one." Gripping onto his ax, he'd pointed it towards the group. 

"Now it's time for me to get serious.."

Lix showed no reaction to the monster and his new weapon. Faunix, however, started to lose his patience against the fighting. He didn't like to fight and he didn't want to continue it but it seems as if the monster gave him no choice. Faunix stood particularly in front of the two watching them fight. For such a 'demon' that Silence made him out to be, he seemed to dedicate much of his life to protecting them.

"Lix, remember not to go all out unless you--" Faunix was cut off by Lix.

"Shut up."

"I would advise to listen the words he speak, snake." The leader slap his belly, causing it to jiggle. 

"He'd may trying prevent your lifespan to end rather rapidly.." The leader took on a strange stance. He'd lifted his ax towards the air. "Let's cut to the chase.." 

He rushes towards at Lix first; in his head, he considered the snake to be the more dangerous between the two. In his movements, the ax was gathering energy the more he moved. Once it flare up with energy, he slammed his ax towards Lix's body, in attempt to smashed his tail to restrict movements. 

"Looks like the leader is making his move.." Silence turns to Lix. "Wonder what he's going to do?"

Lix attempted to move out of the way but more of his tail was sliced away. As usual, he showed no signs of pain or discomfort. He may be slow by dodging but his arms seemed as fast as lightning. He took this chance when the beast was close by and attempted to slice him apart. Faunix looked annoyed but calm about the situation and let Lix have at the battle. Since Faunix hated battling, he turned to Silence and Black Shadow.

"I think Lix would like to have this battle. Shall we proceed?"

Silence turns to Faunix.

"For once, we're in agreement." He turns to Black Shadow. "He clearly has this handle --monsters often can counter each other without much of a problem. Let's get going." Silence walk to the direction left from the battle. 

Black Shadow wasn't quite sure of Silence. He seems to be overly critical of monsters. 

"I don't think it's right to leave Lix behind all by his lonesome. Plus, what about the other two following us from earlier? It would be wise to wait for them as well." Black Shadow pointed out.

"Why? They clearly already have the blood trail from the snake-monster towards the portal we've entered; besides, I'm not wasting my time waiting on either one." Silence responded. 

"They have no bearing of why I'm here in the first place: To obtain Master Shine and bring him back. I don't concern myself with something meaningless to the mission." Silence continued to walk. "You can stay if you want, but I'm going ahead."

Black Shadow turned towards Lix fighting against the monster and turned to Faunix. "I case we can leave things here with your friend there." 

Monster-Leader dodged the claws by the hair and jumped back several feet. 

"That was the close one.. heh, you're stron-.. no powerful!" The Monster-Leader said. 

"However, you won't be getting any lucky shots when I keep my distanc-" The Monster Leader realized Silence was walking away from the battle. Angered, he charged his ax filled with energy and send waves of it towards the group.

Faunix was about to start walking off with Silence and Black Shadow until he instantly turned to face in the incoming wave of energy. He took action and took a hold of Silence and Black Shadow, throwing them back, taking the blast for them. He placed his arms in front of him in an X formation and blocked the attack for the two. Regardless of what Silence said about him, he still helped them out. His arms looked to be burnt and he only glared at the monster.

"I do not wish to fight..." Faunix said to himself.

Lix, however, took a hold of the arm of the monster that attacked Faunix and the group. He was emotionless as always but there was a sense of hostility in his grip. He stared right at the monster and his grip only got tighter.

"Your fight is with me. Entertain me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom