The Fairy Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alice headed to the gates of the fairies, guarded by two armored fairies. 

"Alice. You're home early than usual. Did you run into a problem again?" One of the armored guards asked. 

"No! Just ran into a bit of a pickle, is all! This gentlemen managed to save my butt; however." Alice responded.

"That's... literally a problem." The armored fairy turned to Vosh; she is curious about this man. "You don't seem to look like any regular human I ever seen, but if you managed to save one of our kind, appearance does not mater to us. You may proceed and meet our queen."

Alice nodded. "Alright, we're clear!" She flew inside.

Alice and Vosh venture throughout the village, seeing all forms of scenery. There was a garden of flowers, blistering as rays of the sun hit it. Many fairies stare in curiosity, admiration and malicious, but harmless thoughts—the fairies are prone to play tricks on travelers, even the ones they deem worthy of entering their society.

Alice and Vosh approaches the Palace, she suddenly stopped and turns to the man, waving a finger at him. “Listen, we’re going to meet the Queen, try to behave yourself in front of her. She, unfortunately, has quite a temper, so don’t get her mad!”

There were two Elite Guards, protecting the doors that stare down both Alice and Vosh. “Ah, Alice, bringing home another traveler into our village? Did the Queen not warn you to stop bringing so many strangers to our location? I suppose you did not heed her warnings…”

“Hey! This man saves my life against those hunters! If he wasn’t there, I would definitely be captured!” She explained to the female guards. Both of them look at each other for a moment before bursting into laughter.

“Another stuck in the predicament story, huh? You never change, Alice.” One Guard swipe a tear from her right eye due to laughing so hard. “You can proceed on in.” She turns to Vosh. “Please behave yourself… I don’t know what business you have here, but any sudden movements and I shall strike you down. Understood?”

Vosh says to the one that asked "I understand." Vosh follows Alice. Vosh thinks "I dealt with nobles before but I never dealt with ones like queen of the fairies."  

Alice scowled, annoyed by the elite guards mocking, in a joking manner, the young fairy about her habits. “Whatever!” She turns to Vosh, grabbing him by his finger and pushed him to come inside the Palace. “Come on, Vosh!” 

Before the two enter the Palace, the beautiful castle is similar to castles in human societies, especially Shina Ania. Around the area, it grouped with tall greenery, accompanied with colorful flowers that glittered when sunlight hits it. Alice and Vosh entered the Palace, seeing the inside filled with decorations, with arts and crafts from vegetation and flowers. As they walk, the flooring is made of mysterious substances that made it quite hard; however, it is also smooth.

At the end of the Palace, there were four more elite guards standing next to a single woman sitting on the throne. Her eyes were closes, seemingly resting. As the two got closer, she slowly opened her eyes, staring the duo. 

“Ah, I see that Alice brought in a new traveler. I hope this one is pure of heart. You have a tendency of bringing “susceptible ones” in my presence.” She laughs as Alice’s face turned red in embarrassment. The queen turns to Vosh. “I am the Queen of all fairies…What is your name, traveler?”

Vosh thinks "A noble and a spirt odds are the worst of both worlds."  Vosh says "My name is Vosh." Vosh is maturing a very good poker face.

“Welcome Vosh to the Fairy Village…” The queen said. “It must’ve been a long journey for you to search this far to find our location. Had you never encountered our venturous Alice… you might’ve landed in some trouble with the spirits or worst… the Enchanted Lady.” She said. “Now, Vosh, what were your purposes of coming and search for our domain?” She asked.

He says "I am a bio-mancer and I thought since I had the chance to get some fairy DNA and/or do some research I might as well go for it."

“A bio-mancer?” The Queen tilted her head at this word. “Collecting DNA?”

The guards next to the Queen immediately drew their blades at the man, causing Alice to sweat a little bit.

“Now, now, there is no inherent negative thought for research.” Queen warned the Guards to back down. “What is your purpose for obtaining such DNA?”

Vosh says not intimidated by this "simply put I mix magical arts with science of biology." He goes on "Cloning, scholarly reasons, and improving my self and my tools/weapons"

“Ah….the mixture of science and magic.” The Queen said. “It seems that you have no ill intentions regarding that… though I do have to advise a warning when tapping into the unknown territory of magic.” She looks at the man, who was beaming with confidence, which impressed her. “Many young mages appeared before me with intent of finding more in the world of magic, only to fall into the realm of Chaotic Energy. Surely, you are well-aware of the consequences…”

The Queen paused for a moment before asking a question. “If I were to give you a wish… what would it be?”

Vosh says "fully Queen and to be truthful I did not think I would be offered. At this point I would like to know if the Wish part granting is genic or some thing that takes research for your kind. It sounds greedy and to stupid in my head."

“Quite the contrary, Vosh, no wish is greedy nor stupid.” The Queen assured that his ideas or any form of questions is perfectly valid. “As long the wish does not impose any harm to my people, it can be done.” The Queen stated. 

“But my queen, surely this would lead to people trying to track us down if this man’s research becomes available to the public. Even though ancient magic is sworn as forbidden by the humans, there’s no telling that his research might inspire.” One of the Elite Guards warned.

“You may be right—but we were discovered by a Grandmaster long ago and still, despite incidents with outsiders, it never disturbed our way of life.” She turns to Vosh, nodding her head. “If that’s what you desire, please, come forward to me.”

Vosh dos as he is asked. Vosh thinks "I gest I jumped the gun and I hope I can get some DNA, if it dos not run that risk."

“Give me your hand and I shall performed the ritual for your wish.” The Queen requested. “Do note, it might sting a little.”  

The Elite Guards took several steps back away from the two to give the Queen space. However, they remained on guard in case something happens.

Alice was floating idly behind—this is the first time she bare witnessed to the concept of granting a wish; she is making sure to keep her eyes peeled towards the performance.

Queen grabbed Vosh’s hands, gently placing her fingers on each palm in a circular motion for a few minutes. As a result, a strange symbol emerges from his skin of his hand. 

“I shall begin the ritual…” She took several deep breaths before letting out a song, a song that uses a language that hadn’t been heard in centuries. For every beat, key or note the Queen sung out, a radiant of light appeared, surrounding both of them. Alice and the Elite Guards standby in awe. The rest of the fairies in the village stopped in what they were doing, listening to the musical harmony the Queen sang out. 

The core of the intensity of the radiant light is most prevalent on Vosh’s hands as an object began to emerge from the symbol placed there by the Queen. The symbol seemingly a circle with several eyes within, one of light and one of darkness; as the ritual continues, the two eyes blended together to create a perfect harmony.

Suddenly, an egg appeared as the radiant light disappears. The Queen opens her eyes, nodding once. “The ritual is finished… this egg is your wish… the wish for the Fairy DNA.” She took other deep breaths. “Sorry, the ritual had always taken a wind out of me.” 

She regains her composure. “This egg cannot be used by others… only you have the ability to use the egg to your fitting, granted that it’s not in a negative intent.” 

----

Alice opened her eyes in awe. “Whoa... despite the many times I seen the rituals... it's always so beautiful crafted..."

Vosh takes it and says taking it "thank you for your faith in me." Vosh thinks on what he seen and heard "the power that I seen dos not come cheaply for shore. This dos indicate some thing that there DNA may not be the only factor."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom