The Brotherhood of Black Magic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faunix let out a small sigh and turned to face the others. He scratched the back of his head and slowly began to explain the situation to them as best he could, trying not to step on anyone's toes.

"Well, Master Shine is currently... in a big mess." Faunix looked directly at the two. "Shine is no longer himself and he goes by the name Negative. Within a couple of weeks or months, he will plan to attack Master Z in the Sisterhood. He's been corrupted..."

Tort narrowed his eyes. "Is this some kind of sick joke? I'm not in mood for games." 

"It is the truth, Tort. Master ShineCero has been tainted with chaotic energy.." Black Shadow stated. "He's no longer the Shine we knew."

"How can that even be? Master Shine is the most powerful mage I ever seen! To see such a man fall victim to this.. is beyond reasoning. You have to be lying!" Tort's body began to burn red hot. "You get your sick kicks mocking us?" 

"Tort, relax. Your heating up the room." Ballows turns to Faunix and Black Shadow. "How did this even happen? What was the state of the Fallen Sky Temple?"

"Master Shine mentioned something about trying to make some sort of new magic for the Brotherhood. I assume while he was attempting to create this new magic, it must have backfired on him and corrupted him." Faunix sighed.

He seemed worried with Tort's temper and hoped that he would return to the sisterhood in one piece. He answered the second question.

"As for the Sky Temple... Master Shin-- Negative took off with it. I have no idea where he went."

Tort and Ballows were swallowed up in silence. Master Shine was corrupted? How could this be? They looked Shine as someone who couldn't be bested (with the possible exception of Z, though they don't seem to acknowledge her talents). 

"This is rather hard to swallow, to be completely honest." Ballows stated. "If what you said was true, then that's that." 

"Damnit. It's bad enough that we got the Heroes Organization on our backs, but now we don't have a leader!" Tort stated. His hands burst into flames. "And we have no idea of his return!?"

"Not a thing... aside that he'll come back to fight against Z." Black Shadow stated. 

"I see... well, at least we can rule out Shine being dead." Ballows noticed that Silence wasn't here. "What happen to the Swordsman? Doesn't he want his reward for at least completing the mission?" 

"He... he left on his own accord." Black Shadow responded.

"The racist man seemed content with the mission but upset about being beaten to submission." Faunix said casually. "I do believe he returned to his establishment trying to figure out how to beat Negative. He seemed very upset about losing to Master Shine."

Faunix turned to face the trio and shrugged.

"I do hope he's alright, at least. As of now, Negative said he is going to come after Master Z but we don't know when. We should prepare for when that day comes."

"I.. I see. I suppose that make sense. Silence was stated to be hard to work with." Ballows said. "I guess our next objective is to maintain the control of the Brotherhood until we do something about Shine." Ballows turned to Faunix. "When you returned, you have to let Z know that she's in total control of the affairs of Paradice until Shine's returned, if it's possible. So she's best ready to prepare for such task. Especially when meeting with others leaders across Booga." 

An young mage burst in through the room. "Ballows! Tort! There's something going on in Magician Square! Apparently fireworks appeared in the trading center! Seems to be a work of someone unknown to this land!"

"I'll handle that." Tort said. "I need to burn some steam after hearing all this. You go ahead and give them their payments since that must've taken guts to handle something like that." Tort left the room to pursue the problem in Magician Square. 

Black Shadow watched Tort leave the area, before turning to Ballows. "About that... can really trust Z to be up the task?"

"Master Z may be lazy but she won't let anyone down when it comes to important matters. I assure you that Master Z will do Paradise well. She's a very...mysterious being. She doesn't allow people to get in her business. She's... in a realm of her own." Faunix sighed. "But I promise you that Lord Z isn't heartless or stupid enough to leave Paradise vulnerable."

Faunix seemed serious about his words since even he knew that Z wasn't a total sellout. He watched Tort leave in a hurry and seemed worried about what might be going on in Magician Square. 

"I wonder what's going on recently... First Master Shine and now Magician Square."

"Then I have no choice by to entrusted the affairs to Paradice to her. Just tell her to mind her manners when the leaders meet in the Parliament next month?" Ballows stated. "Now, if you excuse me, I have to informed the staff about Shine's status." Ballows bowed before taking her leave.

"Right, I'm sure she'll be on her best behavior." Faunix nodded. He then turned to Black Shadow and scratched the back of his head. "Well... what now? I assume you might wanna train when Master Shine comes back. I must say, your magic is rather impressive, Shadow. You're quite gifted in your field."

"T-thank you. I believe that I should see if Shine left anything in his offices. Who knows? I might find something that can point to why this is happening." Black Shadow said. "I believe you should head back though. Get some rest. You most definitely need it."

"Indeed, Shine might have a thing or two hiding from the public." Faunix rubbed his chin then snapped his fingers. "Ah! I do recall Shine writing a paper about some sort of energies he wanted to experiment on... Maybe that might have some sort of insight to what Master Shine might be planning?"

Faunis didn't wait for Black Shadow to reply and started to head to the office Shine had given him.

"Paper?" Black Shadow raised a brow. She followed right behind Faunix. "And it has something to do with energies?"

"Possibly, yes." Faunix entered his office. It was surprisingly neat and very well organized. Everything was perfectly aligned and evenly spaced. He seemed to be a sort of neat-freak. He looked through a small library that Shine had placed in his office and pulled out a binder filled with several dates. Apparently, each binder on the library wall was of all the work Faunix did about every week or so.

"Aha, I think this is it..." He pulled out a small stack of papers from the binder and placed them on the desk for Black Shadow to look at. "I believe Shine talks about creating a new energy or magic to add to the spells for the members of the Brotherhood."

“This is rather amazing. All of these documents, were done solely by you?” Black Shadow. “I can see why Shine has a great deal of trust in you to take care of large tasks.” Black Shadow looked over the paper—to see what activities Shine was trying to accomplish.

“Energy that draws the strength from both Pure and Chaotic?” Black Shadow read aloud. “The Fallen Sky Temples is said to hold secrets of the world that has information on energies?”

"Possibly so if Negative was willing to take it with him into the sky. Maybe that Suyoi person might have something to do with it?" Faunix began to dig around his folders once more before pulling out just a few sheets of paper talking about a Cyclops that blessed Booga with her pure energy. There was barely anything else written about it.

"Even I don't seem to have much information about that Suyoi being Negative mentioned before... Rumor has it that she is the creator of Pure energy but I think that's kinda a stretch... That would make her a sort of God, don't you think?"

"Beats me." Black Shadow responded. "I never even heard such a name before. At least, not that I recalled..." Black Shadow tried to think but nothing came up. "If she is the creator of Pure Energy, then Negative's goal is going after her, right? In order to create whatever energy he's trying to make."

"Well that explains one thing but it doesn't explain why Negative is after Master Z." Faunix scratched his little beard. "Maybe he wants to test something on Master Z before unleashing it upon the world? Oh my... what could all of this mean?"

Faunix continued to dig around in his binders and other papers for any sort of information. He seemed frantic.

Black Shadow assisted on helping Faunix searched for the documents. "Yeah, that's rther strange that he specifically called out Z like that. Perhaps there is something more than we are being lead on?" There were few documents on the energies themselves. There were also documents of a place called "Draken".

"Draken? What is that?" Black Shadow picked up the paper and show it to Faunix.

"I believe Draken is the island of Dragons... It's believed that all the dragons on Booga came from there." Faunix said as he continued to dig around his notes and placing everything back in a nice orderly fashion. "However rumor says that from Draken came several powerful dragons that guard over each continent on Booga. I've never seen a dragon before so I'm not entirely sure..."

"Interesting.." Black Shadow said. "Perhaps it's something we should investigate? We need to see if Z is aware of such Guardian Dragons."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom