The Brotherhood of Black Magic Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I think she might only be aware of the Dragon Guardian of Paradise..." Faunix sighed. "I think Master Shine had a much better knowledge of these beasts than Master Z."

Faunix scratched the back of his head and picked at his horns. 

"However I never really did ask Master Z about the mythical Dragons of Booga.."

"Can't hurt to try and asked." Black Shadow said. "Ballows and Tort ran off to deal with something in Magician Square. Though, I'm pretty sure Ballows went there in order to make sure Tort does not explode at the wrong person. Anyways, I proposed we should checked with Master Z on this. Perhaps she can shed some light on it."

"I sure hope so..." Faunix sweated. "I think Master Z might have a better knowledge about these types of things than we do... We should head back with these files and report to her our findings."

Faunix picked up several binders and pointed to the few papers on the desk.

"You can take those. We should head back as soon as possible."

"Agreed." Black Shadow picked up the documents Faunix pointed at. "Let's make our move then."

"Right, let's go." Faunix headed out of his office and began to trot to the Sisterhood.

* Faunix and Black Shadow are currently leaving for the Sisterhood. *

"Honestly, Master Shine have told you repeatedly to not go off like that because of that temper of yours," Ballows said as she dragged Tort into the room. "You're making a bad image for us..."

Tort finally awoke and rubbed his head. "Alright, alright, I get it. No need to keep nagging me about it." 

"Good." Ballows looked around. "Huh? Where's Faunix and Black Shadow? I guess they went to informed Z about the status of her being the leader of Paradice until Shine's return. Now I have to inform her about a new crisis about an Alien Mage as well." She turned to Tort. "You need to go over there and tell Z about the new situation at hand. I'll remain here and worked out the affairs with those folks that told us about this. If this thing is going to attack our land, we best need to stop it quickly. Think you can handle it without blowing a fuse?" 

"Yeah yeah, you don't need to talk me down like that." Tort stood up. "I already got the gist of it despite being knock out." Tort head towards the door. "Anything else?"

"Yes. Make sure you give Black Shadow a call if she already left. I worried for the girl. I know Faunix might give out a hand, but she needs our support too for this Shine situation." Ballows stated.

"Got it." Tort headed towards the door.

"Alright... gotta straighten all of this out..." Ballows said as she pulled out a pile of documents.

A man wrapped in a crimson cloak walked up to the entrance of the Brotherhood, and glanced at a paper in his hands, before knocking on the door.

"The Meeting of the Dark would like to chat." Vincent called out inwards.

Tort prepared himself and was ready to leave the Brotherhood. However, as he opened the door, he bumps into Vincent—but not enough to cause them to fall backwards—stopping him in his tracks. “You again? What do you want this time?” He asked.

“Haven’t you left yet, Tort!? What are you doing?’ Ballows said.

“There’s this man from the Magician Square.” Tort replied.

Ballows got up and went to see the situation herself. “Oh, you’re that man who warns us about the Alien Mage.”

"I warned you about the Solarian, and now I am here to offer a job to a few of your mages here. May I come in and present them the offer?" Vincent asked with a bow to Ballows and Tort.

"A job?" Tort raises a brow. "What kind of job? Don't think you can just waltz in her-"

"Now, Tort. You have your duties to do right now, so I'm going to see what this man, Vincent, meant by this "job". As long is Shine is absent, I shall resume the duties on his behalf." Ballows cut Tort's comments before he would rile himself up. 

"Tsk. Fine. Don't just let outsiders come in here and start demanding things though. I'll check out in the Sisterhood on the status of Black Shadow and Faunix. I shall be back momentarily." Tort left the area and headed to the Sisterhood.

"Now then, shall we get to business?" Ballows said, allowing Vincent to enter the Laboratory. Before Shine's office, there was another office where the Three Black Guards would go to, which Ballows took him there. She cooks up a cup of tea and small cookies on a plate and placed it on his side before sitting down. "So, mind explain the meaning behind your statements?"

Vincent walked in after Bellows, glancing around the laboratory, his hand shaking slightly as he let out a stressed breath. When they entered the office he quickly sat down and drank the tea to help calm his nerves. After a moment of resetting his emotional state he looked up and held out the paper.

"It's just a job. I am here to hire a few mages to preform laboratory work in terms of analyzing magical items brought back by the Meeting's mercenaries... I know that sounds suspicious, but I mean more like figuring out who made a golem and set it to attack a town. Mostly sensory work, occasional weapon or armor enchantment. Competitive wages and benefits." Vincent replied. "We've decided to hire up to five mages."

"Ahhh, you're here for recruits," Ballows said. "And here I thought you have some information about the Alien mage. Normally, ShineCero is the one that handles all the recruitment process, but since he's not available at the moment, I can only approve about three of them at the moment." Ballows explained. She paused for a moment, raising a brow when Vincent said a town was attacked. "What town was this?"

"The town attacked was something I handled years ago in the Meeting, had to outsource to find where the golem's maker was." Vincent explained dismissively. "I don't have any information on the Solarian, though there was a power output we detected that could be him, we're monitoring it. Somewhere in Empire State again." He remarked thinking on it. "Regardless, a shame ShinceCero is out, but I'm just glad to be able to hire some recruits." He replied at last smilining behind his cape.

"Interesting." Ballows rubbed her chin. "If he's in Empire State, then I'm sure the Heroes Organization is currently handling the case right now. At any rate, whatever problems you need on your mission, I can approve the requests. You just need to fill out a few papers, and I shall fetch over a high-level mage. Any preference you're looking for exactly for this mission?"

Vincent looked to Ballows with a confused expression.

"Like I said, these mages I'm looking to hire are for laboratory work, we already have Field Operatives with magical power who prefer combat in the Meeting and who I would rather trust such occasions to. While I would come here for help if I need it, at present, I, nor the Dark Gunner, need additional magical combat help." He reiterated. "So I will have to decline your offer of a high level mage being sent to Empire State to investigate."

Ballows raised a brow. "Hmm... what a strange group." Ballows thought to herself but chose to let it go for now. "Alright," Ballows responded. "Then I shall fetch you the mages for those kinds of works. Just give me a few moments. Just filled out the paperwork, in-case something does happen to them." Ballows placed the paper to Vincent as she picked up the phone.

Vincent shook his head.

"Something happen to them, that'd be a result of not taking proper safety precautions and standards, and would be as much as a disgrace and shame as any other... No, even more of a shame because it's foreign workers, and as they are employed guests they still should be treated with the utmost respect." He rambled to himself in a bit of shock while filling out the paperwork dutifully, ready to do any compensation for working issues.

Ballows hanged up the phone after some time passed and turned to Vincent. "It seems that most of our mages are currently busying tidying up the place due to ShineCero's absence, so only two agreed to help you out. You can meet them at the front gate of the Brotherhood once you turned in the papers and I placed a seal of approval on it. Is that fine with you?"

"Good." Ballows grabbed the papers. "You can meet them outside. Once again, please be careful with them. I have enough problems on my plate as it is." She smiled. "Good luck!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom