The Arcane Apothecary

Status
Not open for further replies.
"An emerald... might I examine it to see its purpose?" Okawa asked poltely. She wasn't sure how to estimate a good trade if she had half a clue of what it could be used for.

"What he said. I'm only here to help Lady Okawa with customers." Lilith added, not looking very surprised at Liza's reaction. "You look as if you've seen a ghost. Don't worry, I'm not interested in attacking you or anyone else. It's bad for business."

"It might be that magic diamond that other customer was talking about~" Z-Clone yawned. "Maybe he might want it~?"

meta knight said:
Vox looks over at Liza and sees Lilith. Vox says to Liza "as far i recall Lilith is harmless to people as long you don't try to rob her."

LoopyPanda said:
"An emerald... might I examine it to see its purpose?" Okawa asked poltely. She wasn't sure how to estimate a good trade if she had half a clue of what it could be used for.

"What he said. I'm only here to help Lady Okawa with customers." Lilith added, not looking very surprised at Liza's reaction. "You look as if you've seen a ghost. Don't worry, I'm not interested in attacking you or anyone else. It's bad for business."

"R-right.." Liza responded to Vox, while sweating a bit. "I never thought I see a real life Demon around here. I thought this the Paradice Region is the last place for your kind to appear, let alone stay here and work.." As Liza turns to Lilith.

"Sure!" Bob handed the diamond over. "I don't know much about it. I only seen others but they're locked away in some temple that I can't accessed."

"Yeah, I'm probably the only one you would see around this place. Consider it lucky, since Lady Okawa makes sure I'm nice." Lilith warned, sticking out her tongue playfully. "Anyway, you want healing and hexes..." She set down a stepstool and began to scan the shelves. "There are plenty, so what would you say your skill level is in either of those. If you haven't any, I know which one can serve you for fundamental studies."

=========================

Okawa was examining the strange emerald. "It could be a potential weapon of some sort, but if it's locked away elsewhere... it might be even more powerful than I'd believe."

"I can feel the energy emanating from it just by holding it..." She furrowed her brow nervously. "This is.... much more valuable than one could estimate by a mere glance alone. Wh-what would you want in exchange for it?"

I thought such a thing was only fabled. How did he get his hands on it? It's worth more than even the whole shop!

LoopyPanda said:
"Yeah, I'm probably the only one you would see around this place. Consider it lucky, since Lady Okawa makes sure I'm nice." Lilith warned, sticking out her tongue playfully. "Anyway, you want healing and hexes..." She set down a stepstool and began to scan the shelves. "There are plenty, so what would you say your skill level is in either of those. If you haven't any, I know which one can serve you for fundamental studies."

=========================

Okawa was examining the strange emerald. "It could be a potential weapon of some sort, but if it's locked away elsewhere... it might be even more powerful than I'd believe."

"I can feel the energy emanating from it just by holding it..." She furrowed her brow nervously. "This is.... much more valuable than one could estimate by a mere glance alone. Wh-what would you want in exchange for it?"

I thought such a thing was only fabled. How did he get his hands on it? It's worth more than even the whole shop!

Liza sweated a bit. "Well.. I'm an Expert Mage. Perhaps something on that field?"

============================

Bob picked out a spell-book, that wasn't all that "rare". "I would like this as an exchange! Oh and maybe a few of those chocolate frogs!"

Z-Clone removed herself from Okawa's shoulder and floated casually over to Vox, gently landing on his head. She seemed to like the man and make herself comfortable atop his head.

"Hello there young one~"

Vox says in a nice tone "hi to you as well." Vox seems not to mind that Z-Clone is on his head.

"Expert.... expert..." Lilith stepped onto the stepstool and began looking for the books. "For healing, we have one that teaches moderate to high speed Cell-regeneration and the setting of broken bones... doesn't cover amputation reversal. Too advanced for now."

It was a thick white book with the image of the human body printed on its cover. "This one works for humanoid bodies."

=============

"Y-you don't understand... this Emerald you have it much more valuable than that..." Okawa sweated. She didn't want to cheat him of it, but she also didn't want him to come back and accuse her of ripping him off unintentionally.

"Oh well. A second spell book won't hurt would it?" Bob stick his tongue out. "And I won't go any higher than that! So what do you say? Deal?" Bob sport a cheerful smile. It's hard to tell whether or not he's aware of the value of the item he's trying to trade in.

=======

"W-whoa.. I wasn't aware there was something like that.." Liza sweated a bit. "Well! I can take on something like that!" Liza seems to pose herself highly. "E-even Shine praise me!"

"What made you become a magic user~?" Z-Clone poked at Vox's forehead. "Lady Okawa sells many useful magical items~ Might you be looking for something in particular~? Maybe that Lilith creature can help us~"

The Z-clone floated in front of Vox and urged him to follow her.

".... if you are positive that's all you would want, then I'll accept." Okawa bowed respectfully. "How many chocolate frogs do you want? They're rather large..."

"Ambitious, I see." Lilith said, in a rather absentminded tone. "As for the hexes... what is the extent of hexes you can cast?" She asked Liza.

He turns to Vox and Liza. "How about.. 6?" Bob said.

==================

"Well! I need something like.. chaotic.. or destruction upon the enemies.." Liza rubbed her chin. "Something to disabled them in a long run."

"Alright... so borderline murder hexes. Got it!" Lilith switched bookshelves and pulled out a black-bound bok. "Though Okawa doesn't like selling spellbooks like this without certification, so you'll have to present your membership to the Society to her in order for you to legally possess it. This one has hexes for... let's see." She flipped through its appendix page.

"Limb paralysis, destruction of the nerves, numbing OF the nerves, widespread paralysis of the body on multiple targets, poisonous fog, and similar spells." Lilith closed the book, looking down at Liza with a serious expression. "I am required to inform you many of these spells are cast at the cost of your own health. Some won't cost anything besides your own physical energy, some will narrow your vision or give you tunnel vision for a small period of time. Constant use will lengthen said symptoms and use of these hexes without any mana or form of energy can cause loss of your senses or, worst case scenario, death."

"These aren't side effects one can negate, but it's a matter of working with the side effects. You don't look the type to take such hih risks, but I must state any side effects regardless. It's usually the nerve manipulation hexes that cause vision problems."

=====

"Okay." Okawa opened a cabinet and pulled out six boxes of the chocolate frogs and placed them along with the books onto a bag. "There you are."

Vox says matter of fact "It started off as something for work but as i worked with magic it is something i pick up as i go." Vox seems not to care that Z-clone poked him. Vox says nicely to bob "6 seems fine and she may wish to give you a line of credit." Vox says to Z-clone "my wants are the most madame hear wend it comes to there wants and what they will be paying with."

LoopyPanda said:
"Alright... so borderline murder hexes. Got it!" Lilith switched bookshelves and pulled out a black-bound bok. "Though Okawa doesn't like selling spellbooks like this without certification, so you'll have to present your membership to the Society to her in order for you to legally possess it. This one has hexes for... let's see." She flipped through its appendix page.

"Limb paralysis, destruction of the nerves, numbing OF the nerves, widespread paralysis of the body on multiple targets, poisonous fog, and similar spells." Lilith closed the book, looking down at Liza with a serious expression. "I am required to inform you many of these spells are cast at the cost of your own health. Some won't cost anything besides your own physical energy, some will narrow your vision or give you tunnel vision for a small period of time. Constant use will lengthen said symptoms and use of these hexes without any mana or form of energy can cause loss of your senses or, worst case scenario, death."

"These aren't side effects one can negate, but it's a matter of working with the side effects. You don't look the type to take such hih risks, but I must state any side effects regardless. It's usually the nerve manipulation hexes that cause vision problems."

=====

"Okay." Okawa opened a cabinet and pulled out six boxes of the chocolate frogs and placed them along with the books onto a bag. "There you are."

"Whoa.. so many side effects." Liza was blow away of the amount that can happen when using it. Though, she's seems confident that she can handle the risks. "Don't worry.. I'll make sure not to go overboard with this; so I'll take those." Liza dig into her pockets to look for her certificate of her being promoted earlier today for Okawa's. 

=======

"Thank you! Glad you accepted the trade deal. Haha!" Bob gave two of the frogs to Vox. "Credit line?"

"It is nice to see someone who likes magic as a hobby~" Z-Clone said. She slowly returned back to Vox and landed on his head, seemingly sleepy.

Vox dos not seem to mind the Z-Clone on his head and says nicely as he takes the frogs "money that she would owe you that you could use latter on more idioms in her shop. Thanks for the Frogs." Vox asks having a hunch what those books are "way do i think those are the lower levels of Hexes and heal spells?"

Vox says amused "I guess I became this Z-Clone's pillow." pointing at the Z-Clone on his head.

"True. We always have a cycle of new invemtory that comes in. I doubt you would want just those for now... it would be nice to have a regular customer at this shop." Okawa said, liking Vox's idea. "That way, you won't have to find another item to try and trade."

=======

"Such is life. The cost of such things isn't very avoidable." Lilith said bluntly. "Though the worst effects would be just from the lack of common sense. By that point of zero energy you would already be toying with your life."

Bob rubbed his chin, thinking about what Vox and Okawa were commenting on. "Well! I usually always ended up finding lots of items. So, I'll swing by everyone so often for deals!" Bob prompt a handshake. "I think you just learn a regular customer yourself, madam." Bob gives a cheerful smile. 

=====

"R-right.." Liza said. She was a bit distraught that one mistake could lead to her doom. She took what Z said about her temper getting the best of the emotions during battle. Last thing she wanted is to randomly fire things while experiencing all those side effects. She need to take better control of her own emotions in order to become a stronger magician. "Thank you for the service and warning." Liza said. "Sorry for being startled about you being a demon. I didn't meant it in any kind of offensive, since this region isn't all to kind to Deimos being around."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom