Sketchuary 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's little chance I can get all the prompts done, but I got a handful done over the last couple days... prompt 1 was my hardest one bc I actually was trying to design a brand new OC. Lol

aIdzddZ.jpg

This is my new character, who is matched up with another new OC of mine named Grimmy! I wrote a bunch of little notes about her, so here's a read to spare you from my fugly handwriting. Her design is meant to be based off death metal/thrash music since it's one of my new fave genres recently. I slapped some stickers because she ain't got no clothes yet. (It's such an ugly picture, so don't post it... I'll provide a better scan later)

• Best friends with Grimmy. Both of them are powerful beings of the Underworld. Grimmy is daughter of the Grim Reaper.
  • Based on naming convention, I decided to call this one Nemesis because she is a sibling to Thanatos (god of Death). And since Nemesis here has a design based off death metal, the other main siblings/personifications related to death are part of her band. Besides Nemesis (vengeance) there is Hypnos (Sleep), Eris (Chaos) and the Keres (violent death).
  • The respirator and hair are mostly nods to the cybergoth and scene aesthetic, respectively. the perfect type of crazy unkempt look I was going for. Because I want Nemesis to look like a terrifying banshee
  • Her eyes are always bloodshot. It doesn't show up well here, but the outer rims of her eyes are also decorated in black face paint. You'll see this in the final product.
  • She's always wearing the two-chamber mask, and sometimes steam/smoke comes out of the chambers from her mouth. Rarely does she take this off, but she is selectively mute so other than providing scream vocals, talking isn't necessary. The mask muffles the volume of her screaming to a safe level through a distortion filter effect.
  • Her talking voice is soft-raspy and scratchy, but you hear it at its loudest when she performs her "sonic scream" attacks which are either distorted scream vocals/death growls or high pitched screams. Without the respirator, it's loud enough to damage your eardrums and disrupt your agility. The angrier she is, the louder her screaming gets which makes her dangerous to fight alone as it is.
And her guitar:
[img=300x600] It has retractable blades that pop out of the body's sides and transforms it into a short-range battle axe. The guitar itself can produce damaging sound waves. Basically her whole moveset is based off sound/music.

I also kind of skipped a big chunk of the prompts but here is Bubbles:
WHaci9K.jpg
Clowns usually make balloon animals, but this one makes bubble animals! 

Last but not least, I decided to finally get off my rear and give my OC Eleanor an actual design. I quite like how her hair turned out, although I had to use swatches from Overlord-Jinral on deviantart. Once I find it on dA (it was reposted to pinterest apparently) I'll slap the link back in.
e9fUmZW.png

I moved my sketch layer to the side because I really liked how it looked lololol.... I was kinda bummed doing the lineart, but I scanned in the headshot of Eleanor I did and just did the lineart for it in one go before lining the body.
SHE ISN'T NAKED I SWEAR-- she's just a "doll base" so I can draw her in a bunch of outfits without redoing her body each time. Honest. lol I just felt weird showing people a flesh colored doll :lmao:

Hope you guys like em! Everyone's on fire so I wanted to get in on the action while it's still going strong!

Bubble Clowns is plenty adorable BI @"LoopyPanda"

Looking good! @"Z-Fighter"

Day 19

Trying some more perspective and backgrounds. So here's a couple of sketches, including one for today's prompt: Hot Air Balloon.

qF2xRsP.png

I make a room based on a YouTube Tutorial. It's not perfect like the one in the videos, but it's a good start!

PZMgLiB.png

A front view of Carnage Hero

CKDsijS.png

So, alebrijes have been on my mind as of late. And I've found a way to incorporate it into one of my oc's skill set and now im sketching one of her babies. I loVE IT

xx4IbQY.jpg

cT1tPiC.png

Day 20

It's draw your favorite character time! So I drew Saitama from One Punch Man! :wagh:

km0tQCt.png

Another alebrije idea based on tulipsss (i know its generally mixes of different animals but those tulips I saw were beautiful.)
8JaHRsU.jpg

Bam, Avalon pose. I used the new sketching style and it came out great. The squat pose is usually very hard for me to get down. Please ignore the bored Kire in the corner. 

3ZZHFQy.jpg

Last one I swear. He’s big. He’s a big boi. He’s a big boi Bage. Here is my goofy version of my favorite vegetable. He clearly drank all his milk and ate all his veggies. 

puhmo50.jpg

Missed my mark since I couldn't post it last night, so Day 23, here's Vegetto's request that he asked for years ago but never gotten it. So I took the liberty of doing it:

tGgg8Za.jpg

4Hc0Uef.jpg

kAZlrLY.jpg

It's a big file lmao

Drew Kire in an angle that always crushes me. Love using the triangles and lemon wedges. I don't know what this angle is called. 3/4th view? idk.

1OnQu5a.jpg

Made a cool thingy involving Avalon, Zenta, and Cuki. Avalon is confirmed for RV. As for his purpose... we'll get there soon enough.

IaPGxiI.jpg

Sketchy sketchyyy

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
Lu7PbA2.png
f1JeewT.png

fA4IHy5.png
5IGfDgt.png
[/font]

ShineCero said:
Missed my mark since I couldn't post it last night, so Day 23, here's Vegetto's request that he asked for years ago but never gotten it. So I took the liberty of doing it:

tGgg8Za.jpg

4Hc0Uef.jpg

kAZlrLY.jpg

It's a big file lmao

I love these! I got to give you praise, that's some mighty good art you did there. I bet Veg obviously enjoyed this. Rumor says he died from hype. B| xDD But keep up the nice stuff and keep pouring them in! You look to be getting the hang of the tablet and the program. Like I said before, keep on playing around with the settings and you'll eventually find your comfort zone. Can't wait to see what you put out next!

Panich said:
Sketchy sketchyyy

[/font]
Lu7PbA2.png
f1JeewT.png

fA4IHy5.png
5IGfDgt.png
[/font]

I have no words to express my emotions for this drawing. It's so pure that I felt my heart stop. However, I would give Big Boi Bage a tissue, he's got a lil' somethin' on his nose. GOD DANGIT PANICH, I FUGGIN LOVE BAGE HERE.

6lR1NZj.jpg

Let’s start the day with depression! I don't know why I drew this but I did. I heard a song and for some reason, it reminds me of the fateful day in which changed Kire's life forever...again. I love my rough lines and quick pencil sketches. I think people might be allergic to this drawing and might have a reaction. please don't kill me loopy

hCDDZOt.jpg

But in the morning
I'll wake up and see that you're stuck
Here with me...
If only you knew
What I would do for you
I'd jump up and hold you
So tightly...
I promise the next one will be more happy and full of uguu.

This is a cry for help loool, my brain can literally not fathom how people do digital painting.. i just go blank when i see it being done on YT 
.[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
yMGIkUM.jpg
[/font]
/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom