Prince Edwards' Island

Deader wiped the blood from his blade with a small handkerchief. "That's enough of that..." He heads towards the ship and climbed over it, with caution, and sees the ladder on the side. He looked around to make sure things won't just jumped out of nowhere and climbed up the ladder and seen Jax. "Sorry about that," Deader whispered. "Those zombies were tough."

"They are nothing like the movies." Jax looked at the crate across from them, the doors were closed, and there was just enough room on either side of it for people to stand. Jax jumped across and attempted to pull the latch off the gate, but to no avail. He was not strong enough to move the rusted bar

"Need a hand?" Deader said as he carefully followed behind him. He grabbed onto the latch and attempted to pull.

Jax and Deader pulled together, and caused the bar to snap in half, loosening one of the double doors of the container to be freed. Jax jumped back across to the last containers they perched upon and offered to help Deader across. The sounds coming from inside the container had also stopped. (We cant see inside, we gotta open the door now.)

"Thanks." Deader said after grabbing Jax's hand to get across. "Prepare for anything, with these things around, surprise attacks might pop out or something..." Deader was ready to open the door.

They opened the door together...
There was a small home put together here, with someone trying *and failing* to hide behind a chair made of couch cushions.
The duo couldn't make any clear assumptions about this person due to most of their details being successfully hidden.

"I expected something like a horde of zombies in here. Thank goodness that it wasn't the case-" before Deader finished his sentence, the sounds of a person movement caused him to instinctively move his hand to the hilt of his blade. "D-did you hear that?" Deader said. He looked left and right before growing closer to the chair made out of couch cushions, but seemingly unaware of someone behind there. "Don't know if Zombies can play hide and seek, but if you're out here, you better show yourself.."

Jax held back, still assessing the room.

The person tightened themselves closer to the chair, before a handful of gunshots rattled out through the cushions whizzing past Deader, the person remained where they were hidden behind the chair.

"Yeah, somebody is definitely here and ain't no Zombies." Deader's eyes narrowed upon hearing gunshots in the direction towards the couch. One of them managed to sweep past him by the skin of his teeth. He pulled out his gun instead of his blade and moved closer to the couch of where the gunshots originated from. "You better come out of hiding or I'll unload a storm of bullets."

Jax jumped into the container, and grappled Deader to the ground.
"I have an idea" he whispered to Deader before darting forward at the chair
another blast of shots came before several clicks of an empty weapon.
Jax crashed through the chair grounding the stranger and holding them to the floor.

"Ouch..." Deader rubbed his head, caught off guard when Jax grappled him onto the ground, but he gave him a nod when he had an idea. He places gun back to his holster before watching Jax being cautious of his movements. Once Jax made his move to crash onto the couch chair and place the stranger onto the floor, Deader followed suit. As he placed his hand onto his gun, in case things go south, he squats down to take a look at the person.

"Now, looks like you're... grounded. It looks like you ran out of bullets, so you won't be shooting anytime soon." Deader said. "Nice work, Jax. Usually, I go in gun blazing since I don't have to worry about things like that, but this better! Make sure he won't go anywhere and pull some funny tricks or somethin'" He turned back to the stranger. "So, what's the big idea?"

Jax responded with only a groan and didn't move.

The stranger was a young girl, terrified and frozen with fear.
She had red hair like a sunset, contrasting off of bright white skin.
It was clear she had not been surviving by her own skill or strength, seeming to have in fact been in this crate for easily the time since the fall.

She refused to speak to Deader and tried to move Jax who was laying limp on her with no success...

[Big thanks to Grey for help with hair color and event construction]

Deader raised a brow. "Oh, just a young lad." Deader thought to himself. "I don't think she'll pose a threat to us, Jax." He turns to the girl once more. "Hey, we're not the enemies if that's what you are thinking..."

Jax Didn't Respond.

The girl Kept trying to move Jax off of her and wailed in frustration.

Deader sweated a bit. "Hey, we're trying to help you out. "Just tell us what you are doing. Are you a survivor? Part of that gang we encountered earlier? Where's your family?"

"Leave me alone damn it! Ill kill you I swear it!"

She remained immobilized by the unresponding Jax.

A puddle of blood could be seen pooling out from beneath them.

"Look. We're not the enemy here. Just relax and-" Deader noticed the pool of blood. "Huh, Jax. Unless you slammed her really hard, why is there a pool of blood coming out underneath the both of you?" He asked as he places his hand on the pistol.

The girl angrily yelled at Deader, "What the hell do you need that for!"

Jax didn't respond.

"I haven't even pulled it out yet. Calm down." Deader said. "Besides, don't you noticed a pool of blood spilling underneath you?"

"What? I don't care! You wont distract me!"
She successfully rolls Jax off of her, with much effort of course
Jax flops down besides her with a gunshot hole in his kidney

Back
Top Bottom