Prince Edwards' Island

Deader narrowed his eyes, seeing the gunshot wound on Jax. He rushes to side instantly, as he drew his pistol and point it at her. "Jax! You're injured! We need to get that patch up." He turns to the girl. "You just earn a ticket for a bullet right between the eyes!"

"What!? He wouldn't have been shot if he hadn't broken into my home here!"
She stayed still as to suggest surrender

Jax coughed up some blood, but remained unconscious

"We didn't think there was someone here! We're just traveling for some business!" Deader shouted. "Shit, I have no time for this. Do you have anything to patch this thing up!?" His gun still pointing at her.

"You would travel without anything to patch yourselves up? Man, why did I have to attacked by idiots!"

(Jax took 2 bandages with him when leaving the camp)

Deader seems irritated by the girl's tone and searched around Jax, seeing that he did take some bandages from the camp. "I don't have to worry about things like this. However, ma'am, this simply won't do. So how about be a good ol' sport and help me out there?! And lastly, we are not your enemies! It just a simple misunderstanding!" Deader tried to patch up Jax with the materials.

"Fine Fine! Ill... put pressure on it when your done bandaging then... I guess..." She moved near Jax slowly keeping eyes on Deader
Jax coughed again, and twitched a little

"Finally..." Deader said in an annoyed tone. "Alright..." Deader finished off the bandaging Jax's wound. "That should be enough for now. I don't know how long that'll hold nor if he can move around too much."

She warily set her hands over the bandage and leaned on them.

"Guess Ill have to deal with you for a while then..." She said in what might be called a growl
"Why don't you tell me who you are since were all stuck here..."

"As long you don't try to put bullets in our skulls, sure," Deader said, ignoring her attitude. "Well, I came to this island to investigate some strange problems under the orders of the Heroes Organization. You're probably aware... this place is littered with zombies." Deader said.

"Ran into Jax," Deader pointed to Jax. "and his friends. So we have been traveling to find the source the explosion that occurred a while ago." Deader turned to the girl. "What about you? I thought Jax and his friends were the only ones here, but I keep finding more and more people...the heroes organization gave me some bad intel..."

"A hero then... "
An ounce of distaste in her voice.
"Fine, names Sarah, I was a stowaway on this ship till the sh*t hit the fan 'round here and this ship crashed here, all those poor souls down there were the crew."

Jax's head moved a bit like that of someone having a bad dream.

"Nice to meet you, Sarah. Let's have no ill feelings from now on." Deader listen to her story. "A stowaway?" He raised a brow. Considering that Sarah was young, he pressed a question. "Forgive if I'm being too personal but may I ask why? You know, being a stowaway? Running away from something?"

Sarah, in a condescending tone "Like I'm gonna tell some 'hero', thank you but I don't trust your kind with any information"

After a short pause she said "Your friend here, Jax was it? He lost a lot of blood, there's no way you can move him like this, least, not for a while."

"Jeez, was trying to make conversation..." Deader checked on Jax. "Yeah, that bloody wound you gave him pretty much screw him for a while. And I don't think we can exactly go back to where we came with those guys crawling around everywhere, wanting us to bring a head. So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place." Deader said.

"Well too bad. Better get comfy..." Sarah piled up her cushions and laid down in them for a nap.

Time passes, it is almost dusk.

Jax quickly sits up about halfway and drops back down with a groan of pain. He breathes heavily for a bit before tilting his head to look around. He saw Sarah sleeping on the corner and Deader was- [fill in from here]

Deader was on a device, making noises, shaking it around erratically. "Blast thing. This place really has no service...."

"Wh...Whatthe-ell...gahhhh... What... Happened...Who are you people..." Jax was clearly delusional from shock.

Sarah was still asleep.

Deader turned around, hearing Jax. "Jax! You're awake" He notices that something was a bit off. "Man, that wound must've messed you up real bad. It's okay, you're not dead."

"I'm... I... You're the one...that...looks dead... its soo dark... Who are you... what happened to me..." 
(It is still daylight hours)
Jax slowly pushed himself to the wall and slid his back against it to prop himself up, coughing the whole way in between heavy breaths.
He began to inspect the bandages though clearly couldn't see much of anything.

Sarah was beginning to wake up from the commotion.

"Hey, slow down there, it's me, Deader." Deader went closer to Jax to make sure he isn't going to fall down.

"It might be fuzzy since it happens so quickly, but you got shot when we snoop around here," Deader explain. "Fortunately, the person who shot you provides some first aid for that bullet wound. Take it easy, though."

Jax tried to get away from Deader by sliding along the wall, he made it two short scoots and fell before Deader could help him.

"I've never seen you before! Get away from me! What did you do to my family!? Where are they!"

He was getting violent, but wasn't strong enough to support it.

The tantrum woke Sarah up completely, she watched quietly.

Back
Top Bottom