Prince Edwards' Island

"We really aren't going to lopped some guy's head off, are we?" Deader whispered to Jax. "That's against the rules according to the employer! If they're not dead spirits or anything, I can't do that!"

"I dont know... Ive only killed zombies and fish sofar, I dont know if this is really worthwhile anymore..."

Deader raised a brow by his comment, though he chose to not dwell on it. He opted for another topic for them to discussed about.

"Hmm, have you ever countered these guys before? I thought you and the two others on camp, were the only ones on this island. What a bunch of gangs doing around here?" Deader asked.

"Well, I though I mentioned it before, I may have forgotten or something. Anyways, when this state began, a lot of people got together, tried to form communities, like you would expect from a TV program or something, but then they kinda imploded, and most of them broke down into gangs, if they ever recovered at all..."

(assuming Deader picked up his weapon(s) from the ground)

The duo continued talking as they walked towards the origin of the explosion.

(Yeah, forgot to add that part)

"If you put it that way..." Deader said as he picked up his weapons before following behind Jax. He looked around and prompt another question. "Anything that shows signs of burnt grass?"

"Not yet, I think it was up just a bit further here, over this hill."
They reached the height of the hill, below them a short ways was an exploded car, with a burnt corpse in the passenger seat and a number of zombies knocked away and incapacitated, the pair couldn't see the rest of the seats in the car.
Useful bits of scrap metal were scattered about from the former hull of the car.
Jax kneeled down and scanned the rest of the area, no sign of anyone else

"Looks like hell made it's way here." Deader examined the burnt car. He felt pity for the person that was caught in the fire. "Poor bastard probably could not get out of the vehicle before the explosion." He picked up several scraps of the metal. "Could be useful for something. Don't see any signs of life around here."

"Yea..." Jax examined the car's interior as best he could without getting burned or stinging his nose too much with the smell of the burnt copse.
"Looks like he didn't suffer too much here, I think I can see a hole in his head, one that probably shouldn't be there if he wanted to live long..."
Jax walks to the driver side of the car and looks at the door hanging to its original hinge by not more than a few small wires.
"I get the feeling someone didn't want to stick around for the sauna... Maybe we should track 'em?"

"Yes. We made it this far, let's not stop now." Deader responded. "Maybe it will shed some light of what happen here. Assuming they aren't being ripped apart by zombies by the time we tracked them down."

"Even then..."
The duo continued onward along the same road, they soon found a tract of the road being seaside, with a small crashed cargo ship on its shore, the zombies aboard are quite keen on the top shipping container, a ladder leading to the top of a separate container, close enough to jump to, is visible, and we all know zombies dont know how to climb those... just sayin'... Don't mind me, I'm only the GM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Layout of containers:

/\    
 |                                       |--------------|                   |-----------||-----------||-----------|
 |                                       |                |                    |             ||             ||             |
 |         L|---------|          |-----------||-----------|             |-----------||-----------||-----------|
 |        L |          |  zzzzz |             ||             |zzzzz    |             ||            ||             |
\/    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deader seemed confused, but couldn't held back his laughter. "Whoa, what are these zombies doing?" 

The crashed cargo ship interest him. What was it doing here? That was his first thought. If it came from any of the continents, that could be bad. "Well, I guess that's something we need to further examined. Maybe we can find something interesting like goods and stuff?"

Deader went closer to the ship and noticed a ladder that leads to the separate container. "There's a ladder. We can use that to climb up there" Deader said. "We should be careful though. Never know what these things will do at anytime."

"Maybe there is something alive up there?"
Two of the zombies from the herd noticed Deader and came after him.
"Imma... Imma just let you handle that..."
Jax strafed around them towards the ships rear (close to the ladder) and Crouched next to the damage hull, waiting for Deader to catch up, he feared attracting the mob.
(If you fight the two zombies, then be careful of where you fight them, just saying, this is an RP after all, anything can and will happen...)

Deader nodded. "Noted. Just be careful." Deader watched Jax going to the cargo ship before turning his eyes to the Zombies rushing towards him. He began to smirk a bit. "You know..." Deader's eyes narrowed. "You zombies are really a pain in the neck!" He unsheathed his blade and took a stance. "Using my guns won't be any good. It will just alert them and they'll come in rushing in waves." He went to the one on the left, attempted to ram the blade in it's torso.

The blade went right in, but lodged in its spine, he must not have been dead long... The zombie tried to bite at Deader but could not bend foreward enough (do to its spine being lodged) to reach his flesh.

Deader pulled back his blade from the zombie and kicked it to the ground. He dashed towards the next one by aiming to drive the blade on-top of the zombie's left shoulder, down to it's torso.

The blade slides cleanly through, but wasn't deep enough to separate the spinal cord and disable the zombie. It went for a quick attempt at a bite, catching Deader's sleeve on its teeth while he recovered from the swing. The other zombie stumbled towards Deader, about half its full height off the ground.

Deader narrowed his eyes when the Zombie did not fall over from his strike. "Shit" That was the thought running his mind. He initially went for the gun on his holster, but stopped after the realization of using it would result dire consequences. A single gun fire would simply just alert all the zombies to come rushing in like a pack of rats. 

"No choice." Deader positioned himself accordingly as the zombie chewed onto his sleeve of his clothes. He pulled back his sword and drive into the zombie once again and lifted him upward in the air. He turned around and toss it towards Zombie that was coming to his direction.

The zombie slammed into the other, ripping its damaged neck apart and killing it. the other being shaken and partly torn attempts to recover slowly. Jax climbs quietly onto the ship and sneaks over to the ladder, pausing there to resume waiting for Deader.

Deader walked over to the zombie trying to recovered. His gripped onto the blade was strong as he approached it. In two swift strikes, Deader slash at the zombie's torso. "Now stay down." He mumbled.

The blade separated the vertebrae and left the zombie incapacitated on the ground next to his fallen partner. The coast was clear now for deader to catch up to Jax.

Back
Top Bottom