Prince Edwards' Island

"...I think I had mentioned that before..." Jax muttered as he waved Deader towards them

Deader seen Jax waved towards him. Upon reaching to them, Deader had a confused look. "These zombies are weird. They aren't the ones I normally fight.."

"Yea, they don't seem to act much like the traditional zombie of yore. I think they may have some kind of drive that keeps them near old residencies though they refuse to leave them"

The group was now back at the camp on the other side of the bridge

"Lets see what we got from that then..."
Jax placed the Duct tape and the baseball bat on the ground

"I see.." Deader sweated a bit. "That proves to be a challenge. Guess fighting'em like regular zombies won't cut it.."

"Yea, sadly they dont seem to die either, they replenish in numbers constantly, but never grow unless, unless a living person joins 'em of course..."

"Huh.." Deader got nervous. "this is way different than I expected.. Maybe I'm not cut out for this job? Nah, don't think like that. Keep your head in the game!" Deader thought to himself. 

"So, is everyone alright?"

"I wonder how much of the island is like that..." Joey snapped out of his thought quickly. "I'm alright, if not exhausted. Terry's leg's no good though. I don't know if she twisted an ankle or just broke it. I suck at first aid."

"It hopefully isn't that bad, Deader, do you happen to have a way to contact Hero City?"

[I don't remember what exactly happened before the 'pause', and I don't want to bother with checking, so we are going to assume they all made it back to the bridge]

"Of course!" Deader replied. "I always have some form of contact in case things get a little too rowdy." Deader was digging through his right pocket. He noticed his pockets were empty. 

"Ah, it must be in his left pocket." Deader said. He dig into his left, only to find that it was also empty. "Huh.." Deader began to sweat. He dig through all his pockets, and patted down his clothing to see if his somewhere on his clothes.

"Err... I can't find my phone."

So deader refers to himself in third person? Awesome.

"Well that... That causes issues but..." Jax exhaled slowly "There is a reception tower on the other side of this island, If we can make it there then we may be able to get a message through to Hero City, even without a cell"

“And most likely, there’s bound to be bunch of zombies around that place, huh?” Deader asked.

"Well we made it alive this far, so I'm willing to go all the way there." Jack said. "We've got a hero with us now, so it changes the odds to our side a lot."

"Yeah, but you're still gonna help me out with my ankle until I can walk on it." Terry mutters, elbowing Jack in his ribs.

"We should at least wait until morning, anyone hungry?" Jax cooked up the remaining fish he had at the camp and gave one to each memeber of the party

"Yeah, I'm definitely poop." Deader said. "Haven't eaten anything since I got to this crazy island. And to think I thought I was going to clear this mission by the end of this day..."

Deader looked at the fish and took a bite. "This is pretty good."

"Well it came right out of the water next to use so it should be pretty fresh"
Jax ate his fish and waited, enjoying the fire next to them.

Deader nodded. "So, what's the overall story with you guys? How did you guys ended up on this crazy island?"

"This was my home, born and raised not far from here, but when all of this went down pillaging gangs came and burnt down my house, this is everything I still have right here, with us four..."
Jax spoke in an almost sad tone

Deader sweated a bit. 

"Huh, sorry to hear that." Deader responded. "W-well, how did this whole zombies thing happen? Freak accident? Experiment gone wrong?"

"Well, like most people, I say it was either the government, or aliens..."

Back
Top Bottom