Prince Edwards' Island

"H-hey! Calm down! It's me, Deader! Don't tell me you lost your mind!" Deader didn't approach Jax, fearing that he might set him off and do something crazy. He turns to Sarah. "Hey, don't just sit there! Help a guy out!"

Sarah shrugged to Deader and stayed in her corner silently.

"Where did you take me? Where is our camp at? What did you do you sick monster?!"

Jax, pausing for a moment to catch his breath, heard the zombies.

"What the hell is that?! What kind of sick game is this?!"

"Tsk..." Deader was irritated that Sarah stayed in her corner. "Enough of this." Deader faced Jax and place his hands on his shoulders.

"Listen, we left the camp a while back to investigate an explosion on the island. Of course, things happened and we ran into a bunch of Zombies along the way, which I hope that you're aware of and we ended up here." Deader let go of Jax, went towards the door as he grabbed his pistol and loaded his gun upon hearing sounds of Zombies. "Looks like those bastards must've heard all the yelling and screaming. Either way, we can't stay here for long. I'm going to check out to see how bad it looks out there. Just stay put and don't do anything crazy" 

Deader turns to Sarah. "Since you're handy with a gun, can you at least able to fight off Zombies? I don't think you can afford to stay here any longer with things the way they are."

Jax curled up on the floor of the container and cried
(He has short-term memory loss, he forgot everything up to the point that the zombies came... Not sure if you had put that together or are just playing it off well.)

Sarah laughed "Ha! Would you give me a gun after I shot one of you AND after you held me hostage? How many layers of moron are you?!"

"Yeah, I'm definitely a moron." Deader cloaked his gun as he headed for the door. He looked outside to see what's going on out there, any presence of zombies coming up. "So much that despite the fact that you can't really harm me since I'm unkillable, the fact that I can easily shoot you right between the eyes if I so much felt like it, and that I'm giving you the confidence to do something or get trashed by those zombies." 

Deader turns to Sarah. "I don't think you're in any position right now to be making threats, kid. If you want to die, that's fine by me, but it would be a burden on my conscious as a hero. So quit whining and lend a hand here, otherwise, I might have to use force." Deader turns to Jax before turning back to Sarah. "Don't make this more difficutl than it already is."

Sarah rebuked Deaders remarks yelling "Unkillable? You think that just because you're a hero your somehow invincible? and people question why I hate your kind so much, you all think you're so damn great but you aren't! You make promises that you can't keep and you only bring others down with you!" Sarahs eyes were slightly watery.

Jax rolls on the ground like a 2-year-old in the middle of parents arguing.

The zombies outside remain amassed as they were prior.

Deader checked outside to see the rate of Zombies out there. "Damn, they are too many of them. I can take it... but these guys won't..." However, Sarah's wording struck as odd to Deader. He turned around to face Sarah and asked a single question: 

"Did something bad happened to you that was caused by our organization?"

"Something Happen? Why don't you ask your friends back at your base, don't they ever tell you stories about their missions? How they 'saved the day' and how heroic they were? Or do you all have no conscience!? Is that it? Is it wrong for me to look down on the monsters who ruined my family, ruined my life? Left me to rot like a mouse caught in a trap? You're kind are all talk none of you deserve your titles! at least not anymore."

Sarah, now having moist streaks follow a few tears down her face smiles meanly at Deader

"You can take your heroism and shoot me for all I care."

In response to the argument, the mass of zombies below clumped a bit closer to the stack of shipping containers, and their mass managed to break the rusting hull of a supporting container, the trio felt the container fall a bit on one side of the entryway, then the other, the entire container they occupied slid forward crushing some of the zombies and landing angled towards the ground resting partially on the nearest container, the doors could still be opened on the supporting container and local zombies would have difficulty reaching in.

Sarah's heartful explanation caused Deader to remained silent. His mouth was wide opened, but no words came out. What response could Deader can even say about that? Whatever happened here, the Heroes Organization clearly fail her. The fact that his own behavior contributed more of her hateful thoughts towards heroes. Deader faced the floor before lifting his head upwards to face Sarah's tearful face. Before he can utter a word, an attempt to make an apology, the hoard of zombies pushing the containers. "Look, I don't know much about the Heroes Organization nor of what the did. Clearly, they did something horrific considering your situation, and I do not condone such behaviors. And clearly, my hostility further proves your point. I don't expect you to trust me, hell, you don't have too. But, I want to make sure to correct the wrongs they committed. Offer me the opportunity to do so." Deader went towards Jax and placed him on his shoulder. 

"Please. The zombies are coming in and we don't have much time left." Deader cloaked his gun and still offers for her to hold onto hers.

(Assuming that that looks like someone holding a hand out as you didn't state that Deader said he was offering to hold the gun aloud)

Sarah ignored Deader's hand and went to inspect the neighboring containers door without getting too close.
She noticed the doors could be opened

"Fine, you wanna save your friend, you'll have to go through there, go right ahead and try to get through that container without figuring things out for yourself. I can't get past those claws on my own here, so its up to you."

(Yeah, sorry about that! Should've had been more specific)

Deader did not utter a word to her when she ignored Deader's offering of the gun. Regardless, as he put the gun into one of his holsters, he nodded at Sarah and headed to the neighboring container. "Hmm, I see. Through here, we might have a chance." He thought to himself. "Well, I can open them up without making too much noise." Deader grabbed one of the doors and opened to pull towards the side. "I'm not just saving Jax. You need to come too, that at least I can do for you." Deader loaded the gun he had in his hand. "I might be at a disadvantage since I'm carrying someone and using one gun, but I'll manage somehow if things go south." Deader headed out.

In the next container there was little visible until Sarah jumped in and pulled a light switch on the ceiling. Now illuminated, All around the container was corpses dead for mere weeks, maybe even days. Some were adorned with Hero association apparel. On the wall hung a poster of a "Hero" with the subtext saying "Join Me". His face could not be made out due to graffiti made in these peoples last moments as a testament to their betrayer.

The door on the other side of the container could be opened without drawing the zombies.

"So, you got a clue yet Hero? You figure out what your friends were up to yet? Why my people hated them?"

The expression on Deader's face change to disgusted. Each turn of his head, he saw nothing but corpses. He pressed his nose, the foul stench of the dead bother him, causing him to be nauseous. He recognized the symbol clothing of the men. "Th-these are Heroes attire..." Deader's mind was going blank as if he stumbled upon something he shouldn't have known. His eyes were drawn to the poster with graffiti. Narrowing his eyes, Deader pondered if the man was actually him. 

"Dear god, what the hell happened in here?" Deader turns to Sarah. "This is like a slaughterhouse." Deader's legs felt weak. He placed his hand over his mouth in case he would vomit. "This.. this is disgusting. They... they did this? All of this?"

"We were told we could join, promised a chance to help people, to save lives..." Sarah's face was one of hatred "They loaded us on this boat and used us, we were slaves used for whatever the highest bidder wanted. I don't know whose life we were saving but I know that I don't intend to save anymore of them. When the ship was crashed into this island half of us were basically gone, the rest of us were locked in to starve. I got lucky, some local scum opened my crate, took some of the others who were with me, they were turned just before they got back for me."

The stench made Jax jump on Deader's shoulder. "What the hell is that smell? Ughh everything hurts... what the hell."

Deader stood in silence. His eyes alone described the deconstruction of what a hero should represent. Sarah's account and the number of bodies in this room. He turns to the now awake Jax. "D-don't try to move. It's going to be alright. We're about to leave now." Deader reached into his pockets, remember that his phone was lost during the confrontation. He wanted evidence or some sort. He turns to the poster, ripping it off from the wall. "Minute Man has a lot of explaining to do." Deader wanted to get out of this place as quickly as possible as he headed to the door, opening it carefully. "Jax, stay put."

The poster came down but tore a bit more in the process.

Jax stood, clenching his gut lightly and holding his shirt over his mouth, looking around with weak vision and horror.
"Why arent they zombies..." he muttered softly

"Maybe they weren't exposed to this mess early enough" Sarah responded

The door on the far side of the container need only a hearty kick to snap the rusted bar on the other side.
A small series of gunshots went off not far inland as the trio remained in the container, the local zombies sounded to begin headed in that direction.

"I can kick this down..." Deader said, overhearing a series of gunshots. "That will keep the zombies occupied for a good minute while we make our way out of here." Deader wastes no time kicking the door to snap the rusted bar. "Alright, let's get the hell out of here." His voice became more serious. His expression was that of disgusted. What he had seen had embedded into his head. "Heroes are supposed to save, not destroy. Not manipulate. No lie. I need to speak to Minute Man when I get out of here." 

Jax, having regained most of his senses says "Don't worry, we should be able to visit that radio tower soon enough"

The doors flew open under the stress of Deader's kick leaving the doorway clear for the trio.

Jax patted around himself looking for his weapon before realizing he no longer had one.

"Great," Deader said. "Can't even get those images out of my head. Of all my years of being a hero..." Deader shakes his head. "Anyways, the radio tower shouldn't be far, right? As soon we get there and do what we got to do, the better it will be for everyone." Deader said, noticing that Jaz was looking for his weapon. "Don't worry, I got your weapon on me."

"Thanks" Jax says as he reaches toward Deader for his weapon

Sarah looked around the area and stretched, "Been a while since Ive really had to move"

The small herd of zombies were only a short distance away but were still headed inland.

Back
Top Bottom