Prince Edwards' Island

Deader gave Jax the weapon and turned his sight to the herd of Zombies going inland. "There were gunshots earlier, right? I wonder what's all that about? Maybe those guys we encountered on the way here making a fuss or somethin'?"

"Its my best bet..." Jax said
Jax limbered up with his spiked bat in hand

Sarah asked "What group? Is there something here more than the monsters?"

"There was a gang of some sort that we passed by on our way here," Deader responded. "They ask us to bring a head back. Obviously we aren't doing that, but they seem pretty adamant about it."

Another set of gunshots went off in the same direction.

"Maybe we should get moving" Jax said nervously

Deader paused for a moment. "Multiple gunshots? What is the world is going on this damn island?" Deader thought to himself for a moment, before turning to Jax. "Right, let's go."

The group walked cautiously around the herd which had reached its perimeter and refused to go  further, they were still intrigued by the noise.

Just before the crest of the nearby hill another volley was fired. "Must be just beyond here" says Sarah. Jax sits and rubbs his head for a moment, still not completely recovered from his nausea.

"You're right," Deader responded to Sarah. "They have been firing more gunshots now. And since the zombies seem to be attracted to the noise, there's no doubt there probably a bunch of them gathering about. So keep your heads down." Deader went ahead of the two, heading towards the hill for a higher ground. Upon reaching the top of the hill, he looked down to find out what was going on.

Just beyond the hill he could see two small groups of people, the closest group was holed up in a short tower. Deader could see them reloading their weapons inside. The other group was behind a small rock pile with considerable firearm damage. Deader could see on corpse in civilian street attire laying dead over the rocks with a small handgun fallen just below their cold fingers. Another two people were taking turns putting suppressing fire on the tower using small arms (Handguns).

"What the hell?" Deader saw of what he thought was in a state of chaos. "You two stay low. I'm going to get up and personal to have a closer look." Deader said, seemingly not thinking about the consequences that might come up by going straight into the fire. Deader rushes down the hill and headed towards the tower where the first group was reloading their weapons. "Where're the zombies? There was a horde of them following the sounds of the bullets."  Deader thought to himself.

Deader got closer to the tower. "Hey! What the hell is going on?" He shouted towards those in the tower as he grew closer.

The Gunners fumbled with their weapons half way through a reload and pointed them at deader

"Who the hell are you?! What do you want?!"
One of them tried to fire but hadn't finish reloading and thus nothing happened

The group at the rocks took notice of Deader and took a few pot shots at him, the group in the tower quickly returned fire.

The group in the tower, two of which are still watching Deader warn him that he shouldn't be there unless he wants to get shot.

Slightly turned his head to the side upon hearing the bullets spraying out of the guns the two behind the rocks fired. Unable to move in time, he was struck in the head, his upper torso, and his thigh, but he stood still as if nothing happened. He turns back to men in the tower, as he dug the bullet out of the right side of his head.

"Don't worry about me. I don't die that easily." Deader flicked the bullet he pulled out of his head towards the ground and crouched down to avoid getting hit again. "But more importantly, what's the hell is going on? With all these noises, you're going to attract a horde of them [zombie] that way!" He pulled out his badge, which is an indication that he's part of the Heroes Organization. "I'm a Hero who has been assigned to this duty to found out what happens on this Island."

"A hero? pahahahahaaa" The whole group laughs for a bit, wipes away a tear, and take extra interest in Deader.
"Yea, seems you're a bit late for this place, but sure why not. And no, the zombs wont come here, they never leave the place they originally died at. Makes you wonder if there is something left of who was in there before."

A few more bullets flew from the rock

"Say, pal you seem pretty tough, hows a-boot ya go deal with those guys for us and we can all have a proper conversation yea?"

Deader scratches on the side of his head when they burst out in laughter. "Did I say something weird? Huh..." Deader thought of what they said. So they don't leave the place they originally died... huh Deader shook his head before nodding. "Sure, I won't kill them though. Just knocked them out for a meanwhile so I can get a better understanding of what's going on." Deader said. "Plus, this allows the others to get in here without worry too."

Deader turned around. "Those guys the ones giving you trouble?" Pointing to the two groups behind the rock.

"Seems they are giving you some trouble too, after all, they DID shoot you, more than once..."

(Feel free to write out your dealing with them, and we'll continue with conversations after that)

Deader nodded once and drawn out his blade. "Stay put."

After he stood up and walked outside of the tower, he'd ignored the storm of bullets in the area, placing himself in the line of fire to determine his best course of action. "First, the men that are switching with one another with those handguns, the tower will be able to be stable if they're bombarding them with bullets." Deader, using his blade to deflect the incoming bullets, rushed towards the two individuals and kicked their weapons away from them. He lifted his blade in the air and used the hilt of it to knock both of them. He turns to the weapons and confiscates them. "Probably useful for later usage." 

He turns to the men behind the rocks. Since they were a bit easier to deal with, he walked over there slowly, taking the bullets for every step he took. As he grown close, he kicked the guns out of their hands and proceeded to knock them out. He picked up their guys and turned to the men in the tower. "Problem solved!" Deader shouted.

After taking a careful peek of the area, the people in the tower proceeded down to the ground. They spread out and tied up the unconscious gangsters before massing them in a small pod near the middle of the field then shot up a blue flare.

The man with the accent walked up to Deader.

"Names Ehvery, I'm a corporal in the local military, we are known as the 'Edwards Provisional Militia'. This is my squad, Rhenalds and Steve. From what we know there are several gangs that have popped up thanks to the mess around here, these guys seem to be from one of them. If your alright with us asking, who are you, what are you, and why are you here? Oh, and are you with others? or associated with any groups?"

Before Deader uttered a word, without warning, he remembered his confrontation with Sarah. For a brief second, Deader felt like time slowed down. "I need to watch what I say." Deader did not want to rubbed these new group of people the wrong way. After seeing the dead bodies, Sarah's description of the Heroes Organization, he wanted to be sure to watch his tongue. 

"An Militia huh?" Deader raised a brow, placing his two fingers, of his right hand, on his lips. His eyes shifted down to the ground, avoiding eye contact, as he was lost himself in thought again. "The report didn't say anything about that. There seems to be a lot of things I've uncovered here that the report failed to bring it." Deader's eyes shifted upwards to answer Ehvery's question. 

"It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Deader. I'm Hero from the Heroes Organization of Empire State. I was sent here on a mission to deal with the Zombie problem, but I need the source of it's cause." Deader answered. "That's why I'm here. So far, my progression is currently stuck at a wall and can't contact HQ at the moment." He turned around, towards the hill, and wave towards Jax and Sarah. "Jax and Sarah are survivors, and Jax seems to be a skilled warrior. There were other two back at the camp, currently healing at the moment." Deader finished. "Now for you, what's going on here? Usually when a Zombie Apolycapse spreads, humans tend to band together, but you guys are killing each other.

"Thank you for being cooperative, however, I cannot answer all of your questions, I just don't have that kind of clearance. What I can say, is that you are right, humans do band together, especially when they have a strong leader, and guess what happens when you have several strong leader in an area that just collapsed, who disagree with one another, or just happen to be a bit too violent or selfish? You get this..."

As he finished speaking a party of young teens came up to clean up the area.

"We have a forward operations base not far from here, you can head back there with and we should be able to send you ahead to our HQ"

"Alright, sounds good." Deader nodded to their statement. He turns around, waving at Jax and Sarah. "Hey guys! Everything is clear! You can come down here now."

Back
Top Bottom