Prince Edwards' Island

Sarah grabs Deader's shoulder before he oversteps, she appears to have trailed him the entire time.

Jax knotices this take place as he is ripped from his trance-like state. "Oh, morning guys."

"Ah... thanks. It would've been an awkward situation if I fell into the water. I can't swim." Deader told Sarah, before turning to Jax. "Morning. Looks like you're having an relaxing time."

"*sigh*...Was..." Jax responded dejectedly "The Fish probably stole the last of my bait anyways..."
He reels in his line to find nothing on the end, just a bare hook. Jax hooks it back to a ring on the pole and stands to face Deader and Sarah.

Deader rubbed his chin. "There's always next time. However, there's a place I want to check out. You know, the origin place of the infection. Problem is, it's invested with gangs. Obviously, they probably don't want us waltzing in there, so there's going to be a conflict or two." He turns to Jax. "How much do you know about the gangs near the origin center?"

"Nothing, they dont seem to be after anything to bribe them and they usually shoot on sight."

“If that’s the case, then we just have to force our way through their stronghold. I won’t be able to find answers if we sit here doing nothing.” Deader was already ready to head on out. “Unless you have any objections, I’m ready to go.” Deader's ears perked up, picking up some sounds; a very, very distorted scream. "What the heck is that...? It doesn't seems to be coming from this island... it sounds like it came from someplace faraway...?" Deader shook his head. "Nah, probably my imagination." 

(I assume thats just a Deader thing?)

"We should try to get some help from the people here before we try to mount an attack-"
"Attack on what?" asks a short man with digital camo pants and an olive drab tee shirt.
Sarah jumped into the conversation, "Gangs apparently"
"Oh, I was coming here to take one last look at the sunrise before we head out for one of them, you're welcome to join us"

(It's a nod to what recently happened in Los Demonios. It won't affect the plot :p)

"You're going out there... may I ask for what reasons?" Deader said. "I mean, more numbers is good, but I wish to know your objective."

"We will be trying to take out a forward outpost one of the gangs set up on the way to the radio station. However our top priority is to avoid loosing anyone on our side."
"To not loose anyone?" Sarah asked confusedly
In a more serious to he responded, "Look, we are short in supply of soldiers, most of the survivors here are maintenance and scavenging, we only have a squad an' a half for this mission, if a few people get hit, we may not be able to evac them safely. We are a more stable community than that of these gangs, we can wait for people to heal back up, but with ought outside help, there is no hope for this island, and our opponents are in no rush to relinquish that power."

“Well, thankfully for you, you have a hero on your side.” Deader said. “So, I’ll make sure none of your men and women won’t be get any critical injuries. If I can find a way to establish a link to my organization, then the island can be saved.” 

“Essentially, you don’t have to worry about doing in their turf guns-blazing. Leave that to me.”

"Well, youll be a welcome addition to the squad, I suppose that with that title you have some specialty that you know how best to use, you should talk to the commander on that. And you two" he motions to Jax and Sarah, "I presume might be joining us, seeing as you know the 'hero'."
"Yea" Jax returns
"Well just this way I lead you to the commander and introduce you to the team. Names Rex by the way"
Rex extends his hand for a handshake, to which Jax gives an awkward high-five "Jax" and Sarah follows suit.
The hand remains extended to Deader.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Rex.” Deader shook his hand. “Alright, let’s go meet that commander.”

Rex leads the group up the wooden boardwalk to the roofs and across the roofs to the police station in the center of town. Inside the tent a ladder leads into the armory below as fourteen people of varying stature stand around a makeshift table that shows a large map of the island with several props to represent bases, points of interest, tactical advantages and more. A tall woman in uniform stands at the bottom of the map with good posture.

She greets Rex as he enters.

"Welcome back lieutenant, some new recruits I presume?"
 Rex responds instantly
"Yes commander, This is Deader, Jax, and Sarah. They wish to assist in our push to the radio tower. One of them (he motions to Deader) claims to be from the Hero association of the mainland, sir."
"At ease lieutenant. Welcome to our breifing room soldiers, I dont know your skills and I dont care, so long as you can disable our enemies your are useful to us. I am commander Shien of the PEI Provisional militia. Please join us at the table for the briefing."

some of the soldiers part to the sides to allow the party near the table, Rex moves around the table to Shien and meets her at the bottom of the map.
Without waiting for the party to move up they begin.

"So this gives us 18 units, I want to set up a harassing line here, and here, I want 6 squads of 3, one squad at each of these harassing positions, draw their attention as best you can. You may use the tear gas mortars to disorient their ranks. Keep eyes on at all times, and radio any and all movement you see immediately. The other four squads will approach on the side, when you reach their forward embankments clear them as best as you can, restrain any undead you find and keep them from the bodies. once completed fire up a blue smoke and put it where the harassing squads can see it. They will then move up to here and hunker in, use the new ground to get those mortars in range of the town and cause chaos, so long as they think we are going for them they shouldn't be too focused on defending the radio tower. One of the 4 squads will move into the radio tower, clear it, and get it broadcasting, the second team will cover the perimeter, and the last two teams will cause chaos on the other side of the town, once the message is sent to the main island work your way out of the facility locking it down as best you can, once you are out regroup with the perimeter squad and fall back to regroup point alpha on the beachhead, the other two will set IED charges in the town and fall back to regroup with you. At this point fall back as one unit to the embankments again and drop a green smoke, the mortars will drop the last of their tear gas on the embankments behind you as you return to the forward outpost. You all can use full riot gear and rubber bullets or sandbag shots from the armory, just remember they wont stop any dead. Does everyone understand?"
A unanimous grunt comes from around the table excluding the party.
Shien looks up at the party and asks, "How would you all like to participate?" in a half condescending, half excited tone.

“Wow, this is a highly coordinated plan,” Deader was impressed. “Well, we have our goals, personally, but… I would like something that put us in the front lines. These two are very capable, actually.” He said without taking consideration of his comrades. “However, as long we can get into the origin center, you can placed us anywhere, really. We’ll make sure to be part of that plan and executed it to the best of our ability, Commander."

After a moment of thinking Shien speaks,
"The Origin center? hmm... I suppose we could have you with the Radio team, if you feel you can do a decent job of breach 'n clear or defense then you can take that position, and move to the origin facility after setting the beacon. You can keep the other team with you and move deeper into enemy territory to the facility. I doubt its even defended by the gangs, but I expect the zombies will be far more common. We wont be able to assist you from outside however if you do this. You will likely have to flee gang territory at night to avoid danger,  or maybe you could establish a connection to the Hero Organization if you know the right frequency to broadcast on. Either way, your exfiltration will be on you if you do this."

Sarah looks nervously at Jax for a moment, of whom his face shows no concerns as it steadily turns to Deader. "Whad'dya think Deader?"

“Hmph, that sounds good to me. We’ll do that.” Deader answered. 

“The origin center got to have some information regarding the infection; a golden opportunity is presented and I’m going to take it.” He paused for a moment after saying what needed to be said. “Clearly, I won’t force you guys to do this and you can remain with the other group, if you’re not up to it.” He told the two.

Jax laughed a little, "I got nothin' better to be doing"
Sarah shrugged, nut ready to leave the group.

"that settles it then, Goto the armory and gear up, you three can meet your partner squad down there. Dismissed."

Deader headed to the armory, checking out the various gears and weaponry they have in stock. “It’s pretty decent; for an island that runs on limited resources, you guys have a good enough equipment.” He turns to Sarah and Jax. “I probably don’t need much armor, but you guys definitely need it.”

Jax takes a full suit of Riot armor, then takes the chest plate back off and puts it on the rack. "If they are close enough to get my chest then Im probably already dead..."

Sarah doesnt grab any armor but takes a night-stick and an AR with 2 magazines and a box of 6 mags worth of rubber shots.
Jax follows suit, taking a night-stick and a heavy pistol with one magazine and one box of 6 mags worth of rubber shots.

Then they waited for Deader so they could meet their partner squad together.

Deader caught up with Jax and Sarah, not taking any of the equipment. "If I can do anything with my own gear, I shouldn't be on this job in the first place." He thought to himself. "Looks like we're ready."

Back
Top Bottom