Masamune+ Anime and Game Reviews

Masamune+

Blue Jacket
------------>Extra information and details are referenced from Wikipedia and pictures are from Google, however, the review is completely original and is described threw my thoughts and views on the anime. Obviously, im not going to have every anime characters japanese name in every anime i've watched memorized, so thats why i look to Wiki for info. When finished reading, please post your thoughts on my work and what you thought about the anime if you have or haven't watched it. If you do not post, please tell others about these reviews i work on, because i make these for this site alone and i like to get feedback as motivation to keep making these reviews. I plan to make many more in the future. I have watched a huge variety of anime from gory, to drama, from funny, to action. There will be an anime review for every ones tastes. With that out of the way, lets get to the review!! <--------------

Love Hina 

lovehina.jpg

Type: Comedy, Harem, Romance

Rating: 8.5 out of 10 (ends abruptly, but can be finished threw the manga. this is a review on the anime though  )

Released: April 19, 2000 – September 27, 2000

Episodes: 25 + Christmas/Spring specials + Love Hina Again (3 eps.)

Extra:
*The series has proved popular around the world, both commercially and critically. In Japan, the manga sold over 6 million copies,and over 1 million anime DVDs were sold. The English release of the manga has been reprinted many times. Both the anime and manga received several industry awards in Japan and North America.
**Two novelizations of Love Hina, written by two anime series screenwriters, were also released in Japan by Kodansha. Both novels were later released in North America and the United Kingdom by Tokyopop.

Review:
I always enjoy a good love story every now and then, and this anime did a good job while being funny at the same time 
happythmb0034.gif
 I really felt bad for the main character because he got beat up so much and got put into the worst positions at the wrong times. This anime was actually very popular all around instead of just Japan, so that is what got me to watch it. i really like the drawing stile and this is to be expected from Shonen. the turtles always made me laugh and Kaolla Su was my favorite character next to Mutsume Otohime. there is not much else for me to say except that i liked the anime and give me some slack for making a review at 2 in the morning.

The story is a Shonen comedy that takes place in the Kanagawa Prefecture, and centers on Keitaro Urashima and his attempts to fulfill a childhood promise that he made with a girl to enter Tokyo University together. However, he has forgotten the name of the girl he made the promise to and hopes to be accepted into Tokyo University in order to find her. Despite failing the entrance exam twice, he becomes manager of the family owned girls dorm Hinata House and must balance his new responsibilities with his attempts to pass the university entrance exam. At Hinata House, Keitaro meets Naru Narusegawa, who is also studying to enter Tokyo university. Naru ranked first in the whole of Japan on the practice exams, and Keitaro convinces her to help him study. Keitaro accidentally reads a small section of Naru's diary and as the two grow closer through their studies, Keitaro becomes increasingly convinced that Naru may be the girl he made the promise with.

Characters:
Keitaro Urashima: the main character of the series, a second-year Ronin studying to enter Tokyo University (sometimes known as "Todai"). As a child, the young Keitaro made a promise with a girl, based on a story the children overheard that two people who love each other will live "happily ever after" if they enter 'Todai' . Keitaro is set on gaining entrance to Todai to fulfil the promise he made to his childhood friend, even though he cannot properly remember either her name or her face.

Naru Narusegawa: the second protagonist of the series. She is 17 years old, just about to graduate from high school, and a resident of the Hinata Inn. She is very intelligent, having placed top in the nation in the college practice entrance exams at their cram school. She is popular, beautiful but constantly tries to hide this as she studies to gain entrance to Todai. However, she has an extremely fiery temper and a tendency to inflict violent physical punishment (most usually on Keitaro).

Mutsumi Otohime: a very sweet, gentle, frail, anemic, clumsy and softly-spoken 20 year old girl. Naru and Keitaro first encounter her while while taking some time off for a brief vacation after Keitaro fails his Todai entrance exam for a third successive timew, just like Mutsumi.

Shinobu Maehara: a 13-year-old schoolgirl who, after a bad start with Keitaro, develops a crush on him. Shinobu is a boarder at the Hinata Inn, in room 201.

Motoko Aoyama: is an intense 15-year old school girl, who practices the martial art of Kendo, as well as being a member of the Shinmeryuu sword school (which is also referred to in Akamatsu's later work Mahou Sensei Negima, as the school of the character Setsuna). Motoko is a resident at the Hinata Inn, living in room 302. she also has a fear of turtles.

Kaolla Su: is a 14-year old foreign transfer student. She is also a boarder at the Hinata Inn, in room 301.

Mitsune Konno: also known as Kitsune, which means "fox" in Japanese, is a 19-year old freelance writer (who never seems to write anything). She is frequently drunk and seems to enjoy teasing Keitaro at every opportunity. Kitsune is also a boarder at the Hinata Inn, in room 205.

Music: "Sakura Saku" I LOVE THIS SONG! i is a lot different from other anime songs i have heard. its very cheerful and energetic. i always tilt my head left and right when i hear the song because it is catchy. (link at the bottom)

Conclusion: a very funny and entertaining love story anime that is worth a view.

Opening:
[video=youtube]

[size=medium]Ending:

[video=youtube]

------------>Extra information and details are referenced from Wikipedia and pictures are from Google, however, the review is completely original and is described threw my thoughts and views on the anime. Obviously, im not going to have every anime characters japanese name in every anime i've watched memorized, so thats why i look to Wiki for info. When finished reading, please post your thoughts on my work and what you thought about the anime if you have or haven't watched it. If you do not post, please tell others about these reviews i work on, because i make these for this site alone and i like to get feedback as motivation to keep making these reviews. I plan to make many more in the future. I have watched a huge variety of anime from gory, to drama, from funny, to action. There will be an anime review for every ones tastes. With that out of the way, lets get to the review!! <--------------

Soul Eater
26a5338e-4251-4b5c-aaaf-07d3771c9d86.jpg

Type: Funny, Action, Supernatural 

Rating: 8 out of 10 (for not going with the manga )

Released: April 7, 2008 – March 30, 2009

Episodes: 51

I really enjoyed this anime except for one exception, they did not got by the manga towards the ending of the anime, which would have been a lot more exciting because the manga is still running and they completely changed what happens in the anime. I that is my only gripe about it. I guess you can look at it as an alternate ending, oh well, im reviewing the anime, not the manga. 
I like the animation they used for Soul eater because it has a Halloween feel to it. (witches, pumpkins, ect.) The animation itself is smooth and very artistic with the backgrounds and the characters themselves. i made a drawing of this anime using the symbols of a few of the characters as well. 

Review:
In a town that surrounds a school called the Shinigami Weapon Meister Vocational School, but it is easier to call it "Shibusen" lol. oddly enough, the place is located in Nevada, USA and is referred to as Death City. The story is based on three main characters that are meisters trying to become a Shinigami. Whats even more awesome is that the god of death is the head honcho of the place but he isn't as intimidating as he used to be in his old days. (you will see his past lol) It is a school for training Weapons(people who can morph into weapons for the meisters to use) and the human wielders of those weapons, the Meisters.(the ones trying to become Shinigamis) The ultimate goal of the students with their weapons is to have their weapons defeat and eat the souls of 99 evil human soul and 1 witch soul. By doing this, they will gain a crap load of power and be given the ability to be used by the shinigami. I wont go into too much detail on why the school was made, but ill just say that it is trying to keep something crazy out. As the anime begins, Maka and Soul are trying to take a witch down because they finished off their 99th soul. The main characters are Maka(main character), Soul(second main character), Death the Kid, Patti Thompson, Liz Thomson, Black*Star, and Tsubaki Nakatsukasa.

Characters:
Maka Albarn: She is the main character and also the the brains of the group. She seems calm, but she get very upset when angered. She may be the weakest out of the three, but she focuses on the enemys weaknesses and exploits them. Her weapon is Soul. 

Soul Eater Evans' (Soul): Maka's Weapon. He transforms into a death scythe and like to act cool, which he doesn't do very well lol. He plays the piano, which plays into the anime later on in the episodes. He had a brother that played the flute. (i think i forgot) He also argues with Maka a lot.

Death the Kid (Kid): He gets some rep points for being the son of the shinigami......yeah i know. I cannot explain on how much his life revolves around perfect symmetry. If both sides of something are not the same, how will get sick to his stomach and try everything in his power, even putting his life at risk to fix it. What makes him depressed at times is that his hair has 3 white stripes on one side of his head and makes him the victim of his own obsessive compulsive disorder. He also has a cool flying skateboard ("back to the future" reference) His weapons are Liz and Patty, which usually have to snap him out of his depression spells lol. 

Liz and Patty Thompson: Kid's weapons. They transform into handguns. They where both picked up by Kid when he went to Brooklyn when they where relative criminals. Liz is the older sister and the serious one. (somewhat) Patty acts childish and always laughs when they are in a bad situation. When Kid is not around, they can use each other as weapons and can switch back and forth to dodge attacks.

Black*Star: Hes a ninja so he gets automatic points. He is the last of his Star clan, and always wants to be the best at everything, even trying to surpass god. He is about as stealthy as naruto and is always yelling, but when he is in a fight, he is the strongest out of the three. He has the ability to use his soul wavelength in hand-to-hand combat as well. His partner Tsubaki always tries to calm him down when he is showing off. 

Tsubaki Nakatsukasa: Black*Stars Weapon. She has multiple forms of ninja weapons, such as the giant throwing star, the hand scythes attached to a chain, smock bomb, hand knife, and (my favorite ) the masamune (but they call it the "Demon Blade" in the show. Tsubaki has a brother that will be met later on on the anime. 

Music: 
Pretty much every song used in the anime is good. im just gonna tell ya 4 of them. 
+Resonance by T.M. Revolution+ is the first opening song used and it is a very awesome song with a lot of bass to it. i still listen to it.

Bakusou Yume Uta by Diggy-Mo' is also an awesome song. It has a kinda rap feeling to it, but it switches to pop music later on in the song and it sounds cool.

Strength by Abingdon Boys School is the last ending song in the series and it sets the mood perfectly. its like a depressing pop song that gives a sense of suspense.

Paper Moon by Tommy Heavenly6 If you do not have this song in your anime song list, i suggest you do that now because you will be listening to it for a while. It is a extremely awesome pop song that has an amazing electric guitar and a beautiful singer. The official music video mimics "the wizard of Oz" and....wow  just get the song cause i cannot explain it well enough. 

Conclusion: This is a very good anime and i recommend anyone to watch it, but i highly implore people to read the manga as well because the anime strays away from the original ending and right now, the manga is still going and is 5 times better then the animes ending. Watch it. Enjoy it. 

King of Thorn
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]
KingofThorn.jpg
[/font]

Type: Action, Survival Horror

Released: May 1st, 2010

Director: Kazuyoshi Katayama

My Rating: 9/10

Length: 109 Minutes

My Thoughts: 
This was a pretty amazing movie, reminded me of The Fog movie by Stephen King or something written by H.P. Lovecraft. i actually got creeped out by the thing in the elevator and i loved the animation and just the story overall as it made references to the story of Sleeping Beauty. I also liked the english dubbing in this which is rare for me. Its really worth your time if you check this movie or the manga out. 

Plot:
The series is about a group of people who are put in suspended animation to escape a mysterious plague that turns people to stone, and upon waking there appears to be only eight survivors in a world run wild—including a teenager, Kasumi, and British, Marco Owen. The survivors soon discover that the entire ruin is filled with strange, dinosaur-like creatures and other monstrous aberrations of nature. Thinking that a great amount of time passed since their arrival on the island, soon the survivors discover not only that their sleep was indeed too short to label such dramatic changes as natural occurrence, but also that the situation in and of itself is far greater than they could imagine.

Characters: 

Kasumi Ishiki: The main protagonist of the story, which for most part is told by her point of view. One of the 160 people around the world lucky (or rich) enough to be chosen as potential cure testbeds for the Medusa virus, she left the world leaving behind herself her twin sister Shizuku, who was also victim of the virus, though until the end encouraged Kasumi to accept such an opportunity and be cured.

Marco Owen: A fearsome-looking man with a muscular frame and many intimidating tattoos all over his body, he is the male main character of the series.

The plot tells the story of the other characters throughout the movie so i dont want to spoil anything by giving out the other characters names

Music: 
the music was pretty good, the main theme had a fantasy, opera-like sound to it 
[align=center][video=youtube]

Conclusion: 
There's a good amount of gore in this but id ask you to overlook it to see this movie. I highly recommend it and its got a really good plot twist towards the ending. an amazing movie, and i might try reading the manga as well.

eek.gif
 a poorly rated review?! dont worry, i can promise you will agree with me 
sign0108.gif

Space Thunder Kids
[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

jaquette.jpg
[/font]

Type: Mech, Action, Terrible, Military 

Released: not sure, im guessing somewhere in the 1980s

Director: Derivative Korean animated film

My Rating: 0.5 out of 10 BUT! if you do not take this anime seriously and think of it as a joke, then the rating is 7 out of 10 for the "so bad its good" rating level

Length: 84 minutes 28 seconds......WAY too long 

My Thoughts: 
Why.....why did I have to be curious enough to watch this? why would someone make this? where the people who made this honestly serious about this, or where they trying to make a quick buck? Oh, you see the picture I put up; looks cool doesnt it? its a shame that NOTHING ON THE COVER OF THE ANIME DVD SHOWS UP IN THE MOVIE!. not even joking. They rip off of so many animes and shows like transformers, tron, Sakan-oh, Gundam, and some other old mech animes and whatnot. You also wont believe how many times they reuse clips. i saw one of the clips used 8 times in the movie....8 Times! I'm betting if you cut out all the reused clips and put the movie back together, you would have only half an hour of movie time, which is still too long for this movie. I was in tears laughing at how terrible this movie is and im still surprised i made it threw the whole thing. Its actually several other anime movies thrown together like "Defenders of Space" and "Protectors of Universe". lets just go ahead and go to the plot.

Plot:
There is some evil guy trying to rule the world and its up to kids in mech suits to take them down---you know....theres not really a plot at all....at one point, they are fighting in a war, another time they are fighting aliens, then they fight a hologram of godzilla....i didn't stutter....a hologram of Godzilla...THEY EVEN RIP OFF OF TRON! thats pretty much it on the plot. heres what it says on the back of the DVD:
"The Dark Empire is determined to conquer the Universe and get rid of anyone who acts against it. The Space Thunder Kids, made up of three valiant youths, are responsible for patrolling space and obstructing the invasion of the Dark Army.
Doctor Sparta, a scientist, is pursued by the Dark Army after the devastation of his planet. He flees to the Earth and meets Doctor Rhodes, who develops advanced weapons for the Guardian Army.
The Dark Army bombards the Earth aggressively and kidnaps Dr. Sparta and Rhodes. The Space Thunder Kids come to the rescue with the fighter robots, and together with the aid of the Guardian Army, the Successfully save the two scientists and shatter the Dark Empire."

Characters: 
????
THERE IS NO ACTUAL MAIN CHARACTERS! THEY CONSTANTLY CHANGE OR DONT HAVE NAMES AT ALL!

Music: 
just poorly edited music....nothing special at all. sounds like it was recorded with 1970s equipment, which it most likely was. 

Conclusion: 
If your an anime fan, there are few words that describe how terrible this movie is. You know what? Here is a youtube clip of just a handful of what you can expect from this failed abomination. You can actually download the movie strait from Wikipedia if you feel like torturing yourself or your friends. 

[video=youtube]
[size=medium]i dare you to waste your time watching this. i showed it to my friends and they where mad that i even used their laptop to play it on the T.V. 
sign0108.gif
 its that bad. Go watch it now and tell me i'm wrong. im actually being nice giving it a 0.5 rating instead of a negative number just because those people had some courage to put this out on DVD. Who green lighted this?! Before i finish this anime review, i have to ask you....

[align=center]what the hell is this thing?!
[/font]

heres a list of what the anime ripped off of:

• Mazinger 7
  • Sakan-Oh
  • Raideen
  • Getter Robo G
  • Space Cruiser Yamato
  • Gundam
  • Denziman
  • Tron
  • Transformers
  • Captain Harlock.
Side Note: the creepy kid thing picture and the rip-off list was used from another review on another site. everything else besides the information about the movie and the cover pic is my work.

This anime was one of my favorites when I got into the more fantasy/horror (ish) genres! Still is. 

I disliked the ending too since it felt like a bit of a copout for a final finisher to defeat the Kishin. If it got renewed to continue the series, I would've rooted for it to follow the manga now that it's finished. Though we got Soul Eater NOT instead. Which I might look through since I've read the first 2 volumes already.

If only they wrapped it up differently then the ending wouldn't feel like a half-empty glass of milk.

Extra information and details are referenced from Wikipedia and pictures are from Google, however, the review is completely original and is described threw my thoughts and views on the anime. Obviously, im not going to have every anime characters japanese name in every anime i've watched memorized, so thats why i look to Wiki for info. When finished reading, please post your thoughts on my work and what you thought about the anime if you have or haven't watched it. If you do not post, please tell others about these reviews i work on, because i make these for this site alone and i like to get feedback as motivation to keep making these reviews. I plan to make many more in the future. I have watched a huge variety of anime from gory, to drama, from funny, to action. There will be an anime review for every ones tastes. With that out of the way, lets get to the review!!

Zombie Loan
Zombie-Loan.full.55446.jpg

Alternate Name: Zonbi Rōn

Type: Action, Comedy, Supernatural, Romance

Rating: 7.9 out of 10

Released: July 3, 2007 – September 11, 2007

Episodes: 11 (there are actually 13)

Extra: 
**if you want to see more of this really short series, you will have to read the manga because there is not going to be any more episodes made for some reason, which is sad because they left a big opening at the ending of the last episode showing that there should be more episodes. 

I really like the story of this anime, but i wish they made more episodes because i wanted to see more. The idea of fighting monsters for a loan company to stay alive in my views was very creative.

Michiru Kita is When a person is marked to die, a gray ring appears, which darkens over time. Once the ring turns completely black, the person dies. Chika Akasuki and Shito Tachibana, two boys in her class, both have black rings around their necks, but to her surprise, they are not yet dead. It is revealed that after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them both, the two boys made a deal with a secret loan office called the Zombie-Loan. In return for keeping them alive, the two have to hunt zombies for the loan office. When Michiru gets involved with them, she finds that her life has just become more complicated.

CHARACTERS
Michiru Kita: Michiru possesses Shinigami Eyes, which allows her to see a ring on a person's neck, indicating their impending death. However, she has hated her gift ever since she saw dark rings around her parents' necks, who died in an accident after the rings turned jet black. She wears glasses that can subdue her gift, allowing her to live her life normally. Although, since the death of her parents, she has felt a numb complacency with life, living it out, but having no will to achieve anything or even care if she dies or not, an attitude which disgusts Shito. As the manga continues Michiru develops the will to live and become stronger to protect her friends.

Chika Akatsuki: Chika is linked with Shito by a spiritual chain, which cannot be seen by normal people. This chain allows them to switch their right hands with each other; due to the terms of their contract, their real right hands, which they both lost in the accident, were switched when they were revived by the Zombie-Loan. With Shito's right hand, which is actually Chika's original right hand, Chika has the ability to generate a katana possessing Shinigami abilities. With the katana, Chika is able to perform spiritual memorials for zombies they defeat. Though often seen with a short temper, Chika has a genuine care for those he defeats and often performs their memorial with great sympathy. Though they have free will and emotions, both Chika and Shito are still considered zombies, so their ultimate goal is to regain their lives once again.

Shito Tachibana: Due to his looks and attitude, he is seen as an idol by the female students, though he seems to not care. He is generally a much more approachable person than Chika, but certain situations and people cause him to act cold and indifferent; when Michiru first told him that she had no real will to live, he told her how disgusted that made him feel, going on to say that he believes she does not deserve the right to live.

Shito is linked with Chika by a spiritual chain. When he attaches Chika's right hand, or rather his own original right hand, he can generate a 9½ inch Ruger Super Redhawk revolver, which has the power to harm zombies with its spiritual bullets using his own ectoplasm

MUSIC: 

OP: i really like the guitar on this song but cant say the same about the singer. Its still a good song.
Ōkami no Nodo (Wolfs Throat) by The Birthday--

[size=medium]ED: i like this song a lot better then the OP its a pop-rock song with a smooth voiced singer. 

Chein Ringu (Chain Ring) by Mucc--

[size=medium]Conclusion: Its a pretty decent anime that i wish picked up because i want to see more of it. Give it a watch when you got some free time. 

It was an interesting anime but yeah, the fact that I heard the anime was different from the manga just speak that it was going to be rather anti-climatic. I think that serves the problem that never made an adaption of an anime that's still currently going on or at least, just do an arc this year and wait a while until the mangaka finished it's works. FMA was one of the few rare ones where I thought the ending being different from that of the manga was actually favorable in my opinion.

Great review, I'll check out the Soul Eater manga when I have the chance. :thumbs:

>Extra information and details are referenced from Wikipedia and pictures are from Google, however, the review is completely original and is described threw my thoughts and views on the anime. Obviously, im not going to have every anime characters japanese name in every anime i've watched memorized, so thats why i look to Wiki for info. When finished reading, please post your thoughts on my work and what you thought about the anime if you have or haven't watched it. If you do not post, please tell others about these reviews i work on, because i make these for this site alone and i like to get feedback as motivation to keep making these reviews. I plan to make many more in the future. I have watched a huge variety of anime from gory, to drama, from funny, to action. There will be an anime review for every ones tastes. With that out of the way, lets get to the review!! <

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-wallpapers-4.png

Alternate Name: "Heaven-Piercing Gurren Lagann" or just "Gurren Lagann"

Type: Adventure, Comedy-Drama, Mecha, Action, Epic 

Rating: 10 out of 10

Released: April 1, 2007 – September 30, 2007

Episodes: 27 episodes and 2 movies
Movie 1: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Gurren-hen
Movie 2: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Lagann-hen

Extra: 
* The Director is Hiroyuki Imaishi, the same person that helped make the anime "Fooly Cooly" 
**The anime received an Excellence Prize at the 2007 Japan Media Arts Festival, and Imaishi himself received an individual award at the twelfth Animation Kobe Festival. 
***In 2008, the anime received both "best television production" and "best character design" from the Tokyo International Anime Fair.

All i can say is wow.....this anime is amazing! It just that the story line is so well written and the the action scenes are so epic with the motivational speeches and huge explosions. When i was watching, I would keep having chills go up my spine because i was really getting into it and did not want to stop the show. I'm serious, the only time i got this excited for an anime was when i watched DBZ and that's saying something considering DBZ is a classic. This anime is defiantly in my top 5 anime. I didn't watch it earlier because i wasn't a fan of Mech anime, but i watched Code Geass and that got me to watch this and i am so glad I did. I cant think of a reason why people would not like this anime except that the robots get ridiculously gigantic. No joke, the robots get so big, that they start throwing galaxies at each other. With that out of the way, ON TO THE REVIEW!! 

Gurren Lagann takes place in a fictional future in which human beings have been forced under Earth's surface and live in isolated subterranean civilizations. These "villages" have no contact with the surface world or other villages. Because frequent earthquakes damage infrastructure, the villages must constantly extend deeper into the earth—individuals relegated to this task are known as "Diggers".
Giha Village is the home of Simon, a fourteen-year-old digger who was orphaned when his parents were killed in an earthquake. Although Simon is respected by the village elders as the best of the diggers, he is ostracized by his peers. Simon discovers a special drill key deep in the ground and is soon recruited by an eccentric fellow orphan named Kamina into his group "Team Gurren ". Kamina dreams of the surface world, which he once visited as a child, though he had to return home as he was too young to survive there.
After a failed attempt at reaching the surface, Kamina is jailed by the village elder. Simon resumes digging, only to discover "a big face" deep in his tunnel. As he excitedly fetches Kamina to show him the discovery, Simon is also caught by the village elder. Fortuitously, Kamina's punishment is interrupted by the collapse of the ceiling over Giha Village, as an enormous mecha falls into the cavern. A girl named Yoko appears and tries to repel the machine with a large rifle. Simon takes Kamina and Yoko to the "big face" he found earlier and discovers that the small drill key can be used to activate it. Named "Lagann", he uses it to destroy the invading mecha and effectively break through to the surface.
Once on the surface, Simon and Kamina discover there are more large mechas known as "Gunmen" (piloted by "Beastmen") that terrorize the surface dwellers during the day. Simon and Kamina help Yoko and her village destroy three more Gunmen of which Kamina takes one for himself, naming it "Gurren" (meaning "crimson lotus"). Eventually, Simon and Kamina decide to embark on a journey to end the constant struggle between the Beastmen and humans, and are initially accompanied by Yoko and Leeron, a mechanic from Yoko's village. As they head out to find the headquarters of the Beastmen's Human Eradication Army, the group encounters various Beastmen warriors including the vicious beastman Viral.

Characters:
Simon: Simon is a fourteen year-old digger from Giha village. Although he is initially looked down upon because of it, Simon excels at drilling through the ground, and the drill quickly becomes his trademark symbol. Prior to the time-skip, Simon is mostly depicted as merely following Kamina's lead and often acting as a counter-balance to Kamina's impulsiveness, due to being very timid and weak.
Kamina: Kamina is a young man from Giha Village who dreams of leaving the village and go to the surface, which he saw as a child. Ultimately, he can be summed up as "arrogant". He is very passionate about his goals, expressing his wishes through energetic speeches which seem to affect all those who hear them. Kamina believes that with his manliness and honor, he can do anything he feels like, saying such quotes as "Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb!" and "Who the hell do you think I am?!".

Yoko Littner: Yoko is a young woman from Giha's neighboring village of Ritona. She had been tracking the Gunmen, which subsequently crashed through the surface and into Giha. She wields an extensive arsenal of weapons and has substantial experience fighting the enemy. She uses her outstanding soldiering skills and wise counsel to advance the war of liberation. She wears short shorts and a bikini top: as she states in episode 5, she avoids clothing which restricts her movement in combat situations. Due to her looks, several characters are instantly attracted to her including Simon and Kamina. She loves children and has a dream to become an elementary school teacher.

Music: 
OP1: (Sorairo Days) : A catchy song that really catches the feeling of the anime. It gets better the further you go threw the anime. I dont think I skipped threw the opening because of the song.

ED3:  Libera Me From Hell (ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!!) : After watching this anime, this song WILL be stuck in your head. I would annoy my brother because i kept saying "Row Row Fight the Powah!" when we where playing video games.

Conclusion: WATCH IT NOW!!!!!! i can't make myself any clearer.

Shakugan No Shana

Shakugan-No-Shana_.jpg

Type: action, drama, love story, funny

Alternate Name: "Shana of the Burning Eyes" (also know just as just "Shana")​

Rating: 8 out of 10​

Released: October 6, 2005 and March 23, 2006​

Episodes: Season 1----24 Season 2----24 Season 3----24​

I really enjoyed this anime for how it was animated and how smoothly the story plays out. there is next to no blood in it, so no worries for people who judge an anime threw that agenda. The anime is pretty much a drama anime with action thrown into it to keep you entertained from start to finish. the way they end most of the episodes makes you want to find out what happens next as in a lot of animes.
It starts out with a kid named Yuji Sakai who goes threw an average life every like everyone else and he thinks that nothing amazing is going to happen to him. Well, as he makes his way home from school one day, he notices that time has stopped and everyone is standing in place and like anybody else, it freaks him out. and as he looks around, people begun to be turning into blue flames all around him as a huge doll-like monster devours all the flames in sight. As he is attacked, a girl wielding a sword and having flaming eyes and hair comes to rescue him. When the girl finishes off the monster, she begins to leave while calling herself a "flame Haze" that hunts the "Denizens of the Crimson Realm" and the "Rinne" they send to do their bidding.
After this has happened, Yuji notices a blue flame in his chest. Here comes the big plot switch. The "flame Haze tells him that the "real" yuji died a while ago, and that the yuji he is now, is called a "Torch," also known as a replacement for humans who have been erased. And like a torch, they die out after short periods of time. Yuji, somehow, is not very fazed by this and calls the Flame Haze "Shana", named after the blade she wields. He also realizes that the time stop area is known as the "Fuzetsu" and he has the ability to move around it because.......I don't want to spoil anything and I'm going to far into the story so your gonna have to watch the show to get more info. Plus I want you to get the same feeling i got when you find out what happens, so its for a good cause lol.
I was a little confused when it first started out, but i just kept watching it and it began to give information little-by-little to where i understood it better so give it some time. Most Animes can be determined how good they are by watching it up to at least the 5th episode. The more you watch this anime, the more you get drawn in by the story plot and "melon buns" 

Characters:
Yuji Sakai: This guy is the main character. He is an average student that finds out he is already dead and will die soon if he does not find a way to prevent it. He helps the "flame haze" out during the anime while continually going to school.

Shana A.K.A. Flame-Haired Burning-Eye Hunter: She is the second main character that changes Yujis life. She is strict, towards people and her job as a "Flame Haze" but as the story continues, she starts to change (sorta like in the play "taming of the shrew"-Shakespeare) She also loves Melon Buns and when she says "shut up!" she always says it 3 times at once for some strange reason.

Alastor A.K.A. Flame of Heavens: The pendant that Shana carries around that talks to her. That all the info i can give to you right now without spoiling anything.

Margery Daw: another female Flame Haze with a drinking habit. She has a mean, but funny attitude and she is strict when she has to be. She conjures up magic threw the book she carries.

Marcosias A.K.A. Claw and Fangs of Violation: The book that Margery Daw carries around. Again, i cannot give out any more info then that with out spoiling anything.

Kazumi Yoshida: The girl at school who has a secret crush on Yuji and is to shy to tell him. Her role becomes more important threw out the anime.

Music: The opening music is amazing as well as the second season. I have the second season song called "JOINT" by Mami Kawada.
Conclusion: This is a really good anime and i recommend it to pretty much anyone because it gives off enough action and enough drama to keep the majority of anime watchers entertained threw the whole show.

Code Geass

code_geass_2.jpg

Type: Drama, Mecha, Alternate History, Science Fantasy, Action

Rating: 10 out of 10

Released: 

Season 1: October 5, 2006 – July 28, 2007 
Season 2: April 6, 2008 – September 28, 2008

Episodes:

Season 1: 25
Code Geass R2 Season 2: 25
Total: 50 

Extra: **Reportedly, Bandai Visual shipped over one million DVD and Blu-ray discs related to the Code Geass franchise by November 2008, placing it among the most popular contemporary anime series in both Japan and North America 
**The series is also slated to be adapted into a series of video games, developed for the Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 2 platforms, which was published by Namco Bandai Games. The official website for the first Nintendo DS game launched on July 16, 2007, with the game being released a few months later on October 25.
**At the sixth annual Tokyo Anime Awards held at the 2007 Tokyo International Anime Fair, Code Geass won the best TV anime series award. In noted Japanese anime magazine Animage's 29th Annual Anime Grand Prix, Code Geass won the most popular series award, with Lelouch Lamperouge also being chosen as the most popular male character and "Colors" being chosen as the most popular song. In the 30th Annual Anime Grand Prix, Lelouch won first place again and C.C. was voted most popular female character. At the first Seiyū Awards held in 2007, Jun Fukuyama won the award for best actor in a leading role for his performance as Lelouch Lamperouge in the series, while Ami Koshimizu won the award for best actress in a supporting role for her performance as Kallen Stadtfeld.

I had to see this because of all the hype it was getting and i am very glad i did. It reminds me so much of Death Note (will review later) with robots added to it lol. I found countless similarities. 
1. Lelouch and Light both obtain a special power
2. They both are Rebels 
3. They both have female partners that have the same type of power
4. They both have a rival that has opposite views on what they are doing
5. Both of their rivals go to the school to spy on them 
6. They both have code names, Kira and Zero
7. They both are very intelligent 
8. They both use the power of the people

They both die at an angle (one dies on the stairs, the other on a ramp)

They both kill their dad

See? but any way, this anime is amazing and the way they fight can be compared to a chess game. The shock factor when something bad/good happens is threw the roof on this anime; they let you know and they know how give you that little chill up your spine when the tide of battle turns, or someone important dies. There are several characters and every one plays a very important roll, so no one is left out and you get a feel for each one. There are not flash-back episodes, and when they do show one, its not long and dragged out like you see in anime like naruto and bleach. The fight scenes are amazing and well drawn. you'll be on the edge of your chair on this anime when you watch it. and i also like how they sponsor Pizza Hut threw the whole anime. ON TO THE REVIEW!!!!!!!
(this was copy pasted because it is almost exactly the same thing i was gonna say, and there is not much i could have added on to. ) 
"The series is set after Japan's conquest by the Holy Britannian Empire on August 10, 2010, a.t.b. with their powerful new robot weapons, the Knightmare Frames, stripping Japan and its citizens of all rights and freedoms and renaming the country Area 11. The titular Lelouch is a Britannian prince who gave up his right to the throne after his mother was murdered, and has vowed to destroy his father, the Emperor, and Britannia. He gains an ability through the mysterious power of the Geass, becoming the leader of the resistance movement to fulfill his two wishes: to seek revenge for his mother and to construct a world in which his beloved sister Nunnally can live happily."

Lelouch Lamperouge: the main character of the anime. 17-year-old student at Ashford Academy. Hes good at chess lol. His true identity is "Lelouch vi Britannia", the exiled son of the Emperor of Britannia and the late Empress Marianne, forced to flee to Japan after his mother's assassination. when he is caught in a fight with the britannians the the elevens, he get the "power of the geass" from a girl and uses that and his secret identity "Zero" to rebel against the Britannians. 

Suzaku Kururugi: Lelouch's childhood friend and son of Japan's last prime minister, Genbu Kururugi. Suzaku is in the service of the Britannia Army as a soldier and chosen to test an experimental new model of Knightmare Frame, the Lancelot. Throughout the series, Suzaku shows a belief that achieving results by wrong or illegal methods is meaningless, setting up a rivalry with Zero.

C.C.: A mysterious green-haired girl who establishes a contract with Lelouch on the condition that he grant her one wish, passively overseeing Lelouch's missions and occasionally helping them succeed to ensure he does not die. She also loves pizza!

Nunnally Lamperouge: Lelouch's younger innocent sister, wheelchair-bound and blind from her mother's brutal assassination. Lelouch originally got involved with the war because he wanted to create a pleasant world for Nunnally.

Kallen Stadtfeld: A Britannian-Japanese who believes herself to be a Japanese person at heart and prefers her birth name, Kallen Kouzuki, over that of her father's prestigious family. She maintains the image of a frail, outstanding student at Ashford Academy, all the while being a member of the Japanese resistance movement and one of Zero's most devoted followers.

Music:

OP 1: Flow by colors i like this song because the mood is smooth and the chorus is spirit lifting lol

[video=youtube]

OP 2: Jinn by Kaidoku Funou i really like the guitar in this song. it reminds me of the anime opening "zombie-loan". the girls voice is nice too 

[video=youtube]

[size=medium]OP 3: Hitomi no Tsubasa by Access this one is my favorite because it is a mix of techno, trance, and rock. the chorus is smooth going and it feels like a dream.

[video=youtube]

Conclusion: Sad, Exciting, Awesome, and very good. i highly recommend you watch this if you have not already. I am glad they brought something that reminds me of deathnote because i like how the characters think and this anime grabs your emotions and spins them around threw the whole show. i might even watch it again! I am not a fan of mech animes, but this show made me love them and i am thinking about watching gundam wing seeings how i have not watched it yet. watch it!!!!

615TUJ3mI1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Gender: Graphic Adventure, Visual Novel, Thriller, Puzzle, Escape Room, Single Player 
System: Nintendo DS
Creator: Chunsoft
Release Date: November 16, 2010
Age Rating: Mature
My Rating: 10 out of 10

My Thoughts: 
This game is amazing, i was a little edgy at first and seeings how it was a visual novel and a room escape type of game, i didnt look at too many clips of it. after getting 2 of the 6 endings so far (both bad endings where i end up losing) this is on my top list of portable games with phoenix wright. The main reason for this is that i love Escape Room games, solving puzzles, and gory/thriller stories, which this game has all three of. The Story is amazing and all the thought gone into it is well done. If you want a basic summery of how the game works, just take:
The traps from the movie "Saw" + Professor Layton Puzzles + Thrilling story, then put it all on the Titanic.
That pretty much the way i would sum up the game. its also very re playable, not only does it have 6 different endings, but the story and random information you listen to is cool to read about. Enough of that though, lets go to the Plot and Gameplay.

Plot & Gameplay:
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors has two types of gameplay. Puzzles are placed behind the doors the characters enter, and the player must solve them to advance. This involves investigating each room, picking up tools, and using any notable items in the room. For example, a set of music scores is scattered about in inconvenient locations; when combined and played on a piano, they unlock a door. In the rest of the game, the player interacts with the other characters and make decisions that affect the story of the game. Different dialogue options can reveal different useful nuggets of information, and Junpei's choices of which doors to enter personally changes the information the player learns. Junpei or the other characters may die depending on what doors and dialogue choices the player makes. There are 6 endings in total, and the player's decisions change which ending occurs. Only one ending is the true ending, and one specific 'bad' ending must be achieved first in order to unlock the true ending.

Junpei, the player protagonist, wakes up inside a small locked room; his last memory was that of him being drugged to sleep by an unknown person in a gas mask. He finds that he has a bracelet with the number "5" on it and that he can not leave the room. He finds that he appears to be on a boat, and is forced to solve a puzzle to escape the room before it floods from a leaking window.
Escaping the lower decks, he encounters eight other people, each with their own bracelets with different digits on them. Junpei recognizes one of them, his old childhood friend Akane. As they find that the ship is no longer taking on water, they are greeted by their unseen host over a loudspeaker. The host, "Zero", informs them they are playing the "Nonary Game", which they can only escape by finding a door marked with a "9" before nine hours are up or else the ship will resume sinking. They learn of electronic devices called REDs and DEADs near each marked door that assure that only three to five people whose bracelet numbers total digital root equals the number on the door can pass through each door. Otherwise, a small bomb planted in each person's stomach will be detonated.

9-Hours-9-Persons-9-Doors.jpg
Characters:
LEFT TO RIGHT-- 2 Lotus, 3 Santa, 7 Seven, 6 June, 8 Junpei, 1 Ace, 5 Snake, 4 Clover, The 9th Man 
Ace - an older gentleman
Snake - a young man dressed like a prince; he is both blind and brother to Clover
Santa - an aloof and sometimes foul-mouthed white-haired young man
Clover - a young girl with pink hair, and Snake's sister
Junpei - a college student and game's protagonist. Junpei's name is revealed to everyone before they opt to use code names
June - a young woman, she is Junpei's childhood friend, Akane
Seven - a heavy-set man who, unlike the others, has no memory of the events that led him to the ship
Lotus - a woman dressed as an exotic dancer
The 9th Man - a nervous man with a tie and messy hair; he does not offer a pseudonym

Music:
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Conclusion: If you like puzzles and/or Thriller style stories then i highly recommend this as a must play game. Im not kidding, the two endings i got had my jaw drop almost and made me want to play again to see more. Now if you'll excuse me, im going to play more.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

[img=983x765]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20131128104239[/img][/CENTER]
System: Nintendo DS, iOS
Creator: CAPCOM
Release Date: January 14, 2011
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

My Thoughts: This game really is amazing. Its expected considering the same people made Phoenix Wright, which is my favorite game on any handheld console. The story is amazing and it progressively gets harder without being frustrating or ungodly difficult. There are parts in the game where it even pulls an Inception and makes you go back in time to stop something that you originally went back in time for to stop originally except the concept is time and not dreams. I really had a fun time playing this game and i took my time with it because i didn't want it to end, but sadly i finished it and it was worth every penny. My only gripe with it is the same problem i have with phoenix wright; there's not much of a replay value to it unless you want to catch up on the story again because you already know whats going to happen and how to get it done. Otherwise, this is another game i will keep on my favorites list and i highly recommend. Now for the plot.

Plot & Gameplay: Sissel, the spirit of a recent murder victim, wakes up to realise that he is dead, and has also lost his memories. The only lead he can see is a young detective named Lynne, who is then killed by an assassin. However, upon talking to another spirit named Ray, Sissel learns he possesses the ability to perform Ghost Tricks, in which he can possess inanimate objects, and can travel to four minutes before a person's death and alter their fate. Using these tricks, Sissel manages to rescue Lynne, who is investigating something big happening this night while being under suspicion of murder. With Ray's warning that his soul will disappear come dawn, Sissel decides to team up with Lynne in order to help each other.
Players control Sissel, a ghost who has special abilities called Ghost Tricks. As a spirit, Sissel can switch between the Land of the Living, where time runs its course, and the Ghost world, where time stands still. In Ghost mode, Sissel can travel between various objects within his reach, represented by blue cores, as well as communicate with the spirits of corpses, who have yellow cores. Sissel can only travel within a certain radius from an object, meaning the player must connect through multiple objects to reach things that are farther away. When possessing certain inanimate objects, players can perform Ghost Tricks while outside of Ghost mode in order to perform actions that open new paths or invoke certain reactions from characters required to progress through the story. For example, moving a tray of donuts will prompt a character to change where he/she is currently seated, as well as giving Sissel access to new areas. Sissel can also possess phones to listen in on phone calls and travel through communication lines to other areas, although during the past, he can only travel while someone is speaking on the phone. He is also able to talk to people who he has rescued before.
By interacting with a dead body, Sissel can travel to four minutes before that character was killed. The player must use Sissel's Ghost Tricks to open up new paths so they can change the victim's fate. Some sections include moments where the player must race against a short timer in order to save the victim. If a player makes a mistake or is unable to save the victim in time, he can rewind time back to the start, or from the last point fate was altered. Later in the game, players can switch control to Missile, the ghost of a small dog. Missile's spirit has a longer reach than Sissel, and has the ability to swap the position of two objects that are the same shape.

Music: there's not AMAZING music in this game, but there's some tunes that adds to the story and is pretty good. my favorites where the main theme and the song that plays when your about to run out of time.
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Conclusion: If you like puzzle games and/or phoenix wright, or your like crime investigation/mystery stories, this is a must buy.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.​

YUME NIKKI (Dream Diary)
Yume_Nikki_by_Troyd_Straviouche.png
System: PC
Creator: Kikiyama
Release Date: 2005
Age Rating: N/A
My Rating: 90 out of 100

My Thoughts: Heres a game worth playing if you’re the adventurous type. I beat it recently when a friend told me about it and i think its amazing. The ending is pretty sad and i think the idea of the game is genius. People are still going through this game trying find hidden things in it and there is several controversial stories about the little girls dream in the game. When/if you play, it gives you a tranquil and creepy feeling when you play and it really feels like a dream. There are no monsters that can kill you or make you lose a life, but you always think something can considering how the games environment is. It’s really worth your time.​

Plot and Gameplay:
a 2005 independently produced adventure game by homebrew Japanese developer Kikiyama. The game was created using RPG Maker, but has no (RPG) elements. The game is currently in version 0.10, meaning the contents of the game could change without notice. Players explore the dreams of the fictional character Madotsuki (窓付き, lit. "window"). It is through this that the player is able to view scenes that are recognized as being genuinely disturbing at times, such as being swallowed by a large red sewer-creature, meeting a disembodied head character known only as Uboa (who then transports the player to an endless, repeating stretch of map) and experiencing a looping FMV sequence featuring a girl with five arms.
Originally a little-known game that became popular on the Japanese forum 2ch, the English version followed an explosion of popularity among English-speaking players, with its cultural impact among fans gradually increasing.
Players begin the game as a female hikikomori named Madotsuki, at home in her apartment, the only area she can explore when awake. when interacted with, and a Famicom-style game console with the game 'Nasu' (Eggplant), a simple game where the player eats eggplants. There is also a writing desk which the player can use to save data. Though the apartment has a balcony, attempting to open the door to the outside world results in Madotsuki simply shaking her head. Her only means of entertainment are a television, which shows a simple testcard
yumenikk.png
When Madotsuki sleeps she begins to dream, the player is presented with a dream world which resembles the same room Madotsuki fell asleep in, with some minor differences. In this dream world the player is able to leave the room, which will lead to a zone of 12 doors commonly known as "the Hub,""the Door Room,", or more popularly, "the Nexus." All 12 doors open from the start, each leading to a different world, and often worlds themselves will contain portals or doors to other places. The environment behind each door is uniquely surreal in its own way. Both natural and artificial backgrounds like a forest, mountainside, a colorful neon maze and a bizarre number world set a strange tone for the game. One section of the game has also been made to closely resemble the original Mother game in homage. The player can attempt to interact with objects, although few will provide any response. The player can choose to wake from dreams at any time, by causing Madotsuki to pinch her cheek and awaken. This behavior ensures that the player always has a way out of the dream world at all times.
While in the format of a RPG game, Yume Nikki's gameplay has more in common with adventure games. Some areas are not initially accessible until the character is able to use a particular effect, and using effects around NPCs may cause the NPC do something different or change into something else. However, beyond effects, Madotsuki typically can't interact with NPCs. Most NPCs lack the ability to talk and those that do yield nothing useful when talking to them. At the same time, it bears resemblance to traditional RPGs as well. The character herself is a silent protagonist and does not visibly react to any of the events in the game, so the character's behaviors are entirely up to the player, whether to flee immediately or stick around and see what happens next and so on. She can also level up and gain hit points by collecting effects, but this is merely an artifact of the game's engine and has no effect on gameplay.
There is no way to actually die in a dream, though enemies do exist in the form of NPCs that teleport the player to inescapable areas. Most NPCs mean no harm to the player, though all but those particular enemy NPCs can be killed with the knife effect.

Music:

Themes:
Many locations serve no purpose in reaching the end of the game, but seem to be included for aesthetics or to hint at something in Madotsuki's thoughts or memories. There are several extremely large, wide-open maps that can only be navigated by finding landmarks or wandering aimlessly. Nearly every NPC can be killed with the knife (most will even back away when Madotsuki wields it), but this usually results in nothing more than a muted scream as it fades away. Occasionally, the killing of NPCs leads to the opening of a new area.
While the game has no "enemies" that Madotsuki can fight, some areas have wild-eyed girls with what appear to be beaks for mouths (dubbed "Toriningen," lit. Bird People) who will chase after Madotsuki and, upon catching her, teleport her to an inescapable area, forcing the player to "wake up" and return to the real world. These cannot be attacked with the knife, but the Triangle Kerchief (which turns Madotsuki invisible) and the Stoplight (which freezes NPCs) can help in avoiding them. Occasionally a calm Toriningen can be found, who will not chase after or teleport Madotsuki unless she attempts to kill them with the knife.
The plot and story of the game is for the user to navigate the main character's dreams and to obtain 24 objects known as effects. These 'effects' often change something about the main character, from changing the colour or length of her hair to making her wield an umbrella or knife. Once the player has all 24 effects the end of the game will follow.

Reception:
Freelance video game journalist Lewis Denby stated it is a "genuinely upsetting" game and that, "there's more to her (Madotsuki's) existence than almost any other videogame character you'll ever meet". Independent game developer Derek Yu enjoyed the game, comparing its visual theme to Earthbound and stating "The lack of dialogue or any “action” fills me with this strange sense of dread."
Gamertell's Jenni Lada scored the game 85 out of 100 despite being supremely disappointed with the game's ending. She praised the unique premise, distinct art style and abstract gameplay. She noted that players could wake up and return to reality at any time, and that this was necessary due to some dreams having no exits. Lada stated that the game will not be to everyone's taste due to the "dark or graphic imagery" along with the amount of commitment required to find all the elements without the aid of a strategy guide.

Conclusion: you really need to give this a try. 

Download it Here: 
http://www.mediafire.com/download/98jpx2dm3f2te0h/Yume_Nikki.rar

[img=983x765]http://199.101.98.242/media/images/163823-Legend_of_Dragoon,_The_(USA)-8.jpg[/img][/SIZE][/CENTER]
System: Playstation, Playstation Network
Creator: SCEI
Release Date: June 11, 2000
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 100 out of 100

My Thoughts: Man this game brings back memories. I've beaten it so many times and its still a great game. Sadly it is not well known even though the game itself can easily stand up to the Final Fantasy and Star Ocean series'. The story is well thought out, the characters are memorable, the gameplay is amazing and doesn't fell repetitive due to the option to switch out different abilities, the music really sets the mood like when you go into a boss fight and hear that tune kick on (posted below) you know somethings going down and gets you pumped to fight, the fighting system is fun to use especially when you get moves that require precise timing to get in good damage; just the overall feel of the game is perfect in my opinion. The only gripe i have is the voice acting, but thats a minor problem due to there not being a lot. Another gripe would be that there isnt a sequel out, nor will there be one at this point in time sadly. Aside from that all, here is the information about it and i hope you can find time to play this game and enjoy it as much as i did. 
Plot & Gameplay: The Legend of Dragoon features three modes of play: the world map, the field map, and battle mode. The world map is linear with the controlled character's movements, which is then limited to dotted lines from place to place. The field map is used whenever the player enters a town, dungeon, or landmark. It consists of 3D characters on a 2D pre-rendered background. Animations are overlaid to create motion such as the movement of water or light effects. Battle mode is a 3D field that compliments the current field map. Turn-based battles occur in this between playable characters and CPU-controlled enemies. Standard actions such as attack, magic, defend, item and escape are present and implemented in various ways.

The story begins when Dart, the protagonist, is heading home from a five-year-long journey to pursue the Black Monster, who killed his parents and destroyed his birth city: Neet. On the way, he is attacked by Feyrbrand, a dragon controlled by the Sandora, a rebel faction in the Serdian civil war. After Dart gets hit by the dragon, he gets saved by a mysterious female heroine named Rose, though they soon part ways. When he arrives at his hometown, Seles, he discovers that it has been destroyed by Sandora, and that Shana, Dart’s childhood friend, has been taken away. Dart sets out to rescue her. Throughout the game, he is periodically joined by people that he helps along the way.

Music:

[size=medium]Conclusion: Just an amazing game that can be played over and over....and over and over......and over....did i mention i love this game? If your a fan of RPG games, DO NOT pass this game up. Its up on PSN now for a few bucks if you want to grab it.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia

[img=983x765]http://www.gamecrate.com/sites/default/files/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Contra.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
System: Arcade, Famicom/NES, MSX2, ZX Spectrum, AmstradCPC, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, PS2, Xbox 360 (XBLA), Nintendo DS,Virtual Console, Mobile Phone, PS Network​
Creator: Konami​
Release Date: February 20, 1987​
Age Rating: T for Teen ​
My Rating: 91 out of 100​

My Thoughts: 

I remember playing this game all the time at my uncles house, but i was really young and didn't play very well, so i would always use a game genie or the classic Konami Code to get 30 extra lives to use. (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A.) Without the code i would only be able to get almost halfway threw the game. This game is really fun on multiplayer, but it sucks when one player is really good, while the other player falls behind; making to where the game his harder to stay alive. Aside from that its an amazing classic shooter game. 
Plot & Gameplay:
In Contra, the player controls one of two armed military commandos named Bill and Lance, who are sent on a mission to neutralize a terrorist organization called Red Falcon that is secretly planning to take over the Earth. Details of the game's setting varies between supplementary materials: the Japanese versions establishes the game's setting to be a fictional Oceania archipelago of Galuga in the futuristic year of 2633, whereas the manual for the American NES version sets the game during the present in an unnamed South American island. The American storyline also changes the identity of "Red Falcon" from being the name of a terrorist organization to the name of an alien entity.

The main character is equipped with a rifle with an unlimited amount of ammunition. The player can also jump, move and fire in eight directions, as well as move or jump simultaneously while firing. A single hit from any enemy, bullet, or other hazard will instantly kill the player character and discard the current weapon. There are a total of four weapons the player can retrieve from flying weapon capsules or pill-box sensors: a Machine Gun, a Laser Gun, a Fire Gun, and a Spread Gun. There are also two additional supplemental power-ups: a Rapid Fire power-up which increases the player's firing speed, as well as a Barrier that will grant the player temporary invincibility for many seconds. All the power-ups in the arcade version are represented by Eagle-shaped letter icons with the exception of the Machine Gun and Laser.

There are a total of over 10 areas in the game. There are two types of stages in Contra. In addition to the standard side view stages, Contra also features stages in which the player character is seen from behind and must move towards the background in order to proceed. Each of these "3D maze" stages are set inside the corridor of an enemy base in which the player must fight through the base's defenses in order to reach the core of the base. During the 3D maze stages, the upper screen will display a map of the base along with a time limit. Each maze stage is followed by a "3D fixed" stage set at the core of the base, in which the player must destroy a series of flashing sensors to expose an even larger sensor and destroy it.
Contra also features a two-player cooperative mode. Both players occupy the same screen and must coordinate their actions. One player lagging behind can cause problems for his partner, as the screen will not scroll onward, and a slow player can be fatal to his partner. The European release, Gryzor, does not feature a simultaneous 2-Player mode. Instead, the 2-players take turns: whenever one player dies, the other will get their turn.
Music:

Conclusion: Its a classic that is highly recommended to be played  
Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.​

latest
System: SNES, PS1, DS​
Creator: Square, TOSE​
Release Date: March 11, 1995​
Age Rating: T for Teen​
My Rating: 100 out of 100​

My Thoughts: Easily, one of the greatest RPG games ever made. Im a fan of time travel themed stuff, so it made this game even better. With amazing set of characters, great storyline, fun battle style, and having the artist that helped draw DBZ do the artwork, whats not to like. There is also 13 different endings, so you will have fun getting them all.
Plot & Gameplay: Chrono Trigger takes place in an original world similar to Earth, with eras such as the prehistoric age, where early humans and dinosaurs share the earth; the Middle Ages, replete with knights, monsters, and magic; and the post-apocalyptic future, where humans and sentient robots struggle to survive. The characters frequently travel through time to obtain allies, gather equipment, and learn information to help them in their quest. The party also gains access to the End of Time (represented as year ∞), which serves as a hub to travel back to other time periods. The party eventually acquires a time-machine vehicle known as the Wings of Time, nicknamed the Epoch. The vehicle is capable of time travel between any time period without first having to travel to the End of Time.
Chrono Trigger features standard console role-playing game (RPG) gameplay with several innovations. The player controls the protagonist and his companions in the game's two-dimensional fictional world, consisting of various forests, cities, and dungeons. Navigation occurs via an overworld map, depicting the landscape from a scaled down overhead view. Areas such as forests, cities, and similar places are depicted as more realistic scaled down maps, in which players can converse with locals to procure items and services, solve puzzles and challenges, or encounter enemies. Chrono Trigger's gameplay deviates from that of traditional RPGs in that, rather than appearing in random encounters, many enemies are openly visible on field maps or lie in wait to ambush the party. Contact with enemies on a field map initiates a battle that occurs directly on the map rather than on a separate battle screen.
Chrono_Trigger_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg
Players and enemies may use physical or magical attacks to wound targets during battle, and players may use items to heal or protect themselves. Each character and enemy has a certain number of hit points, and successful attacks reduce that character's hit points, while hit points can be restored with potions and spells. When a playable character loses all hit points, he or she faints; if all the player's characters fall in battle, the game ends and must be restored from a previously saved chapter, except in specific storyline-related battles that allow or force the player to lose. Between battles, the player can equip his/her characters with weapons, armor, helmets, and accessories that provide special effects (such as increased attack power or defense against magic), and various consumable items can be used both in and out of battles. Items and equipment can be purchased in shops or found on field maps, often in treasure chests. By exploring new areas and fighting enemies, players progress through Chrono Trigger's story.
Chrono Trigger uses an Active Time Battle system—a staple of Square's Final Fantasy game series designed by Hiroyuki Ito for Final Fantasy IV—named "Active Time Battle 2.0." Each character can take action in battle once a personal timer dependent on the character's speed statistic counts to zero. Magic and special physical techniques are handled through a system called "Techs." Techs deplete a character's magic points (a numerical meter like hit points), and often have special areas of effect; some spells damage huddled monsters, while others can harm enemies spread in a line. Enemies often change positions during battle, creating opportunities for tactical Tech use. A unique feature of Chrono Trigger's Tech system is that numerous cooperative techniques exist. Each character receives eight personal Techs which can be used in conjunction with others' to create Double and Triple Techs for greater effect. For instance, Crono's sword-spinning Cyclone Tech can be combined with Lucca's Flame Toss to create Flame Whirl. When characters with compatible Techs have enough magic points available to perform their techniques, the game automatically displays the combo as an option.
chronotrigger_3.JPG
Chrono Trigger features several other unique gameplay traits, including time travel. Players have access to seven eras of the game world's history, and past actions affect future events. Throughout history, players find new allies, complete side quests, and search for keynote villains. Time travel is accomplished via portals and pillars of light called "time gates", as well as a time machine named Epoch. The game contains thirteen unique endings; the ending the player receives depends on when and how he or she reaches and completes the game's final battle. Chrono Trigger DS features a new ending that can be accessed from the End of Time upon completion of the final extra dungeon and optional final boss. Chrono Trigger also introduces a New Game+ option; after completing the game, the player may begin a new game with the same character levels, techniques, and equipment (but not money) that he or she ended the previous game with. Certain items central to the storyline are removed and must be found again, such as the sword Masamune. Square has since employed the New Game+ concept in later titles, including Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy X-2.

Music: Almost all the music is amazing.

Conclusion: A MUST PLAY
Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

worldcupboxed.jpg
System: NES, Gameboy,Virtual Console ​
Creator: NINTENDO​
Release Date: 1990​
Age Rating: E for Everyone​
My Rating: 85 out of 100​

My Thoughts: Even though i wasn't a big fan of sports games, this one was really fun to play, mainly because you had to do everything you could to get the ball even if it meant knocking the other player out. it was also fun doing the special super kicks and knocking the goalie out. It even had the ability to have 4 players if you had the NES Multiport Satellite Adapter, so this game was amazing when you had 4 friends over. 

Plot & Gameplay: 
At its core, the game follows the rules of soccer, but with noticeable differences. Each team has only six players (a goalkeeper, two defenders, a midfielder and two forwards). Offsides are non-existent, and fouls are not punished, which makes them the most effective way to take the ball away from the opponent; furthermore, if a player is fouled a lot of times, he will pass out and stay down until the next throw-in or corner kick close to where the player was fouled, goal, or the end of the half. However, this cannot happen to a human-controlled player. To add to the surreal gameplay, players can also use up to five "super shots" per half; these powerful, odd-looking shots are used whenever a player does an overhead kick or a diving header, or when he shoots after walking a certain number of steps.
There are two game modes:
  • Tournament mode, in which one or two players take control of one of the 13 available teams, in order to defeat their CPU-controlled opponents.
  • VS Match mode, which enables players to confront each other in sand, ice or dirt playing fields. Up to four players can compete, using the NES Four Score or the NES Satellite or for the Game Boy you would use a link cable or Four Player Adapter.
Nintendo%20World%20Cup-2.png

Graphically, the game looks similar to others in the Kunio-kun series, particularly River City Ransom, with its short-legged, big-headed characters with varied faces; in fact, some sprites, such as Kunio and the other members of the Japanese team, were reused from River City Ransom.

Music: This had some pretty great music and it was really fitting.
Conclusion: not a must play, but it is really fun and worth your time 

BionicCommando-NES.jpg
System: NES
Creator: Capcom
Release Date: 1992
Age Rating: T for Everyone
My Rating: 90 out of 100

My Thoughts: When i was younger, this game was extremely hard, but i was so addicted to using the grappling hook, i kept playing and i eventually became a pro at it xD. when i tried playing it again...it was still hard, but i took down that nazi at the end again. the spread shot is one of my favorite guns to use besides the bazooka.

Plot & Gameplay: Set sometime in the 1980's, Bionic Commandocenters around two warring states: the Federation and the Empire. One day, the Imperial Forces discovers classified documents involving the development of a new weapon known as the "Albatros project" [sic], which was started by an organization known as the "Badds", but was never completed. Killt, the Generalissimo of the Imperial Forces, decides to complete the project himself. When the Federation learns of the Empire's plot, they send in their national hero, Super Joe (the main character from the Capcom game Commando) to infiltrate the Empire, but he ends up being captured. To rescue Super Joe, the Federation sends in a second operative named Ladd Spencer of the FF (Double Force) Battalion, a team of commandos specially trained to use wired guns, to rescue him.
Unlike other action games, instead of moving in a straight path through the levels, the player can, between levels, move around on a map-like screen. The player can move his helicopter one space at a time between the areas, represented by numbers.
giphy.gif
Once above a numbered area, the player can either choose to descend or move to another area. The player has to complete the current level to move on, although he can go back to the map by pressing either Start, A, and B, or Select, A, and B (depending on the version). After descending in the selected area, the player will be prompted to select their desired equipment for the mission. Certain equipments are designed to work at certain areas. For example, communicator α works only in Areas 1, 4, and 5, and so on.
There are a total of 19 areas in the game. Area 1 to 12 are combat areas in which the player must visit to complete their mission, while Area 13 to 19 are neutral areas where fighting is forbidden. If the player fire their weapon at these areas, they will be attacked by a peacekeeping force. The neutral zones are a place where the player can get vital information and items to help fulfill Ladd's mission.
There are also green enemy trucks on the map selection screen that will try to intercept the player's helicopter. If the player's helicopter flies into one while traveling between areas, he will be forced to battle with enemy troops. These enemy encounters are fought from an overhead perspective similar to Commando. Destroying certain enemies at these stages, namely shielded soldiers, armed jeeps, or wired soldiers, will yield an eagle mark which will grant the player an additional continue.

Music: The Area 1 + 3 are the most memorable out of this game, but they are all good.
[size=medium]Conclusion: A great classic really worth your time. 

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

super-spike-v-ball-usa.png
System: NES
Creator: Nintendo, Taito
Release Date: 1990
Age Rating: E for Everyone
My Rating: 80 out of 100

My Thoughts: I played this game so much when i was younger. the music is amazing and me and my friend would play 2 player for hours. Its so satisfying to get set up for a spike, then you charge your fist and get that super spike, knocking the other player out. This game has a simple concept and may not look exciting, but its pretty tough when you play against Soviet Russia and the US Navy during the World Cup.

Plot & Gameplay: 
The NES version features several key differences from the arcade game. In the NES version the player can now select their teams. The available pairs in the single player mode are: George and Murphy, the default well-balanced team; Al and John, powerful, but slow players with poor defensive skills; Billy and Jimmy (the heroes of the Double Dragon series), defensive players with poor spiking power; and Ed and Michael, fast players with average hitting power. The NES game features a tournament mode against the CPU that can be played alone or with another player, and a competitive mode that allows up to four players.
There are several differences between the Japanese Famicom version (U.S. Championship V'Ball) and the western NES version (Super Spike V'Ball). The Famicom version features a single tournament mode which consists of five American Circuit matches (Daytona, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Los Angeles) three World Cup matches in Hawaii (of random nationalities) and two additional matches against the U.S. Navy and a Russian team in that order. The player can adjust the difficulty setting in the option menu in the Famicom version. Additionally, the characters of George and Ed had their partners switched in the Famicom version, with George being partnered with Michael as in the arcade version, while Ed is partnered with Murphy.
Super_Spike_Vball_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg
In the NES version, there are three different tournament modes: Exercise, the American Circuit and the World Cup. The Exercise Mode is just a match against the first team in a crowd-less court set to an easy difficulty. The American Circuit simply consists of the first five teams featured in the Famicom version's tournament mode set to an average difficulty. The World Cup mode consists of seven teams in the following order: Japan, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, the Navy and Russia, all set to a hard difficulty. The background for the Russian stage was also redrawn to make it look less hostile with the omission of the tanks in the Famicom version. There is no difficulty setting in the option menu since the three different tournament modes serve as difficulty settings themselves.

Music: All the music in this game is awesome and keeps you wanting to play more. 
[size=medium]Conclusion: If you got some free time, you should really give this a try.

final-fantasy-vi.jpg

System: SNES, GBA, PS1, DS
Creator: Square 
Release Date: April 2, 1994
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 101 out of 100

My Thoughts: A-Maz-ing! Its easily my favorite out of the Final Fantasy Series and I have played it so many times. There is just so much stuff in this game that is memorable. The Mech walk to Narshe during the opening credits, the annoying octopus Ultros, the fight with the ghost train, the river being poisoned by Kefka, the amazing Opera scene, the 7 hidden dragons; i could go on and on. The steam punk style environment is really cool and the opening gives you a feeling of depression with the smooth music and the slightly messed up town of Narshe. This will always be a classic and even though Sephiroth is my favorite character, this games storyline beats all the other Final Fantasy games. 

Plot & Gameplay: Like previous Final Fantasy installments, Final Fantasy VI consists of four basic modes of gameplay: an overworld map, town and dungeonfield maps, a battle screen, and a menu screen. The overworld map isa scaled-down version of the game's fictional world, which the player uses to direct characters to various locations. As with most games in the series, the three primary means of travel across the overworld are by foot, chocobo, and airship. With a few plot-driven exceptions, enemies are randomly encountered on field maps and on the overworld when traveling by foot. The menu screen is where the player makes such decisions as which characters will be in the traveling party, which equipment they wield, the magic they learn, and the configuration of the gameplay. It is also used to track experience points and levels. 
The game's plot develops as the player progresses through towns and dungeons. Town citizens will offer helpful information and some residents own item or equipment shops. Later in the game, visiting certain towns will activate side quests. Dungeons appear as a variety of areas, including caves, sewers, forests, and buildings. These dungeons often have treasure chests containing rare items that are not available in most stores. Some dungeons feature puzzles and mazes, which require the player to divide the characters into multiple parties.
Final Fantasy VI takes place on a large, unnamed world. During the course of the game, its geography and landscape change due to various developments in the game's plot. During the first half of the game, the world is divided into two major continents and referred to as the World of Balance. The northern continent is punctuated by a series of mountain ranges and contains many of the locations accessible to the player. Halfway through the game, the world's geographical layout is altered, resulting in its two large continents splitting into several islands of various size situated around a larger continent at their center. This altered layout of the game's locations is referred to as the World of Ruin.

WikibattleFF6.PNG

[align=left]In contrast to the medieval settings featured in previous Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy VI is set in a steampunk environment. The structure of society parallels that of the latter half of the 19th century, with opera and the fine arts serving as recurring motifs throughout the game, and a level of technology comparable to that of the Second Industrial Revolution. Railroads are in place and a coal mining operation is run in the northern town of Narshe. Additionally, several examples of modern engineering and weaponry (such as a chainsaw, power drill, and automatic crossbow) have been developed in the Kingdom of Figaro. However, communication systems have not reached significant levels of development, with letters sent by way of carrier pigeon serving as the most common means of long-distance communication.​

One thousand years before the events of the game, three entities known as the Warring Triad initiated a conflict that would come to be called the War of the Magi. This quarrel grew to catastrophic proportions, unleashing magical energy into the world which transformed afflicted humans into espers - magical beings who themselves were used as soldiers in the war. Eventually realizing the horrific calamity wrought by their hands, the Triad returned free will to the espers and sealed their powers, becoming stone statues. Their only request was that the espers ensure their power remain locked away so it might never be used again. The espers carried their stone gods to a hidden land, sealing both they and themselves off from the realm of humans. The concept of magic gradually faded to legend and myth as mankind built a society extohling science and technology. At the game's opening, the most advanced nation is the Empire, a cruel and expanding dictatorship led by Emperor Gestahl and his clownish general Kefka. Approximately eighteen years before the events of the game begin, the barrier between the esper's land and the rest of the world weakened. Soon after, Gestahl takes advantage of this and attacks the espers' land, capturing several of them.
Using the espers as a power source, Gestahl initiated a research program to combine magic with machinery and infuse humans with magical powers, the result being a craft known as Magitek. Kefka became the first experimental prototype a line of soldiers called Magitek Knights, drastically imparing his sanity. At the opening of the game, the Empire is on the verge of rediscovering the full potential of magic by reopening the gateway to the world of the espers. However, Gestahl's military dominion is opposed by the Returners, a rebel organization seeking to overthrow the Empire and free its territories.

Music: Every song in this game is amazing.[/align]
[size=medium]Conclusion: ​
A MUST PLAY! 

Side Note: Gameplay, Plot and game information was from Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom