Masamune+ Anime and Game Reviews

615TUJ3mI1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Gender: Graphic Adventure, Visual Novel, Thriller, Puzzle, Escape Room, Single Player 
System: Nintendo DS
Creator: Chunsoft
Release Date: November 16, 2010
Age Rating: Mature
My Rating: 10 out of 10

My Thoughts: 
This game is amazing, i was a little edgy at first and seeings how it was a visual novel and a room escape type of game, i didnt look at too many clips of it. after getting 2 of the 6 endings so far (both bad endings where i end up losing) this is on my top list of portable games with phoenix wright. The main reason for this is that i love Escape Room games, solving puzzles, and gory/thriller stories, which this game has all three of. The Story is amazing and all the thought gone into it is well done. If you want a basic summery of how the game works, just take:
The traps from the movie "Saw" + Professor Layton Puzzles + Thrilling story, then put it all on the Titanic.
That pretty much the way i would sum up the game. its also very re playable, not only does it have 6 different endings, but the story and random information you listen to is cool to read about. Enough of that though, lets go to the Plot and Gameplay.

Plot & Gameplay:
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors has two types of gameplay. Puzzles are placed behind the doors the characters enter, and the player must solve them to advance. This involves investigating each room, picking up tools, and using any notable items in the room. For example, a set of music scores is scattered about in inconvenient locations; when combined and played on a piano, they unlock a door. In the rest of the game, the player interacts with the other characters and make decisions that affect the story of the game. Different dialogue options can reveal different useful nuggets of information, and Junpei's choices of which doors to enter personally changes the information the player learns. Junpei or the other characters may die depending on what doors and dialogue choices the player makes. There are 6 endings in total, and the player's decisions change which ending occurs. Only one ending is the true ending, and one specific 'bad' ending must be achieved first in order to unlock the true ending.

Junpei, the player protagonist, wakes up inside a small locked room; his last memory was that of him being drugged to sleep by an unknown person in a gas mask. He finds that he has a bracelet with the number "5" on it and that he can not leave the room. He finds that he appears to be on a boat, and is forced to solve a puzzle to escape the room before it floods from a leaking window.
Escaping the lower decks, he encounters eight other people, each with their own bracelets with different digits on them. Junpei recognizes one of them, his old childhood friend Akane. As they find that the ship is no longer taking on water, they are greeted by their unseen host over a loudspeaker. The host, "Zero", informs them they are playing the "Nonary Game", which they can only escape by finding a door marked with a "9" before nine hours are up or else the ship will resume sinking. They learn of electronic devices called REDs and DEADs near each marked door that assure that only three to five people whose bracelet numbers total digital root equals the number on the door can pass through each door. Otherwise, a small bomb planted in each person's stomach will be detonated.

9-Hours-9-Persons-9-Doors.jpg
Characters:
LEFT TO RIGHT-- 2 Lotus, 3 Santa, 7 Seven, 6 June, 8 Junpei, 1 Ace, 5 Snake, 4 Clover, The 9th Man 
Ace - an older gentleman
Snake - a young man dressed like a prince; he is both blind and brother to Clover
Santa - an aloof and sometimes foul-mouthed white-haired young man
Clover - a young girl with pink hair, and Snake's sister
Junpei - a college student and game's protagonist. Junpei's name is revealed to everyone before they opt to use code names
June - a young woman, she is Junpei's childhood friend, Akane
Seven - a heavy-set man who, unlike the others, has no memory of the events that led him to the ship
Lotus - a woman dressed as an exotic dancer
The 9th Man - a nervous man with a tie and messy hair; he does not offer a pseudonym

Music:
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Conclusion: If you like puzzles and/or Thriller style stories then i highly recommend this as a must play game. Im not kidding, the two endings i got had my jaw drop almost and made me want to play again to see more. Now if you'll excuse me, im going to play more.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

[img=983x765]http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ision/latest?cb=20131128104239[/img][/CENTER]
System: Nintendo DS, iOS
Creator: CAPCOM
Release Date: January 14, 2011
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 9.5 out of 10

My Thoughts: This game really is amazing. Its expected considering the same people made Phoenix Wright, which is my favorite game on any handheld console. The story is amazing and it progressively gets harder without being frustrating or ungodly difficult. There are parts in the game where it even pulls an Inception and makes you go back in time to stop something that you originally went back in time for to stop originally except the concept is time and not dreams. I really had a fun time playing this game and i took my time with it because i didn't want it to end, but sadly i finished it and it was worth every penny. My only gripe with it is the same problem i have with phoenix wright; there's not much of a replay value to it unless you want to catch up on the story again because you already know whats going to happen and how to get it done. Otherwise, this is another game i will keep on my favorites list and i highly recommend. Now for the plot.

Plot & Gameplay: Sissel, the spirit of a recent murder victim, wakes up to realise that he is dead, and has also lost his memories. The only lead he can see is a young detective named Lynne, who is then killed by an assassin. However, upon talking to another spirit named Ray, Sissel learns he possesses the ability to perform Ghost Tricks, in which he can possess inanimate objects, and can travel to four minutes before a person's death and alter their fate. Using these tricks, Sissel manages to rescue Lynne, who is investigating something big happening this night while being under suspicion of murder. With Ray's warning that his soul will disappear come dawn, Sissel decides to team up with Lynne in order to help each other.
Players control Sissel, a ghost who has special abilities called Ghost Tricks. As a spirit, Sissel can switch between the Land of the Living, where time runs its course, and the Ghost world, where time stands still. In Ghost mode, Sissel can travel between various objects within his reach, represented by blue cores, as well as communicate with the spirits of corpses, who have yellow cores. Sissel can only travel within a certain radius from an object, meaning the player must connect through multiple objects to reach things that are farther away. When possessing certain inanimate objects, players can perform Ghost Tricks while outside of Ghost mode in order to perform actions that open new paths or invoke certain reactions from characters required to progress through the story. For example, moving a tray of donuts will prompt a character to change where he/she is currently seated, as well as giving Sissel access to new areas. Sissel can also possess phones to listen in on phone calls and travel through communication lines to other areas, although during the past, he can only travel while someone is speaking on the phone. He is also able to talk to people who he has rescued before.
By interacting with a dead body, Sissel can travel to four minutes before that character was killed. The player must use Sissel's Ghost Tricks to open up new paths so they can change the victim's fate. Some sections include moments where the player must race against a short timer in order to save the victim. If a player makes a mistake or is unable to save the victim in time, he can rewind time back to the start, or from the last point fate was altered. Later in the game, players can switch control to Missile, the ghost of a small dog. Missile's spirit has a longer reach than Sissel, and has the ability to swap the position of two objects that are the same shape.

Music: there's not AMAZING music in this game, but there's some tunes that adds to the story and is pretty good. my favorites where the main theme and the song that plays when your about to run out of time.
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Conclusion: If you like puzzle games and/or phoenix wright, or your like crime investigation/mystery stories, this is a must buy.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.​

YUME NIKKI (Dream Diary)
Yume_Nikki_by_Troyd_Straviouche.png
System: PC
Creator: Kikiyama
Release Date: 2005
Age Rating: N/A
My Rating: 90 out of 100

My Thoughts: Heres a game worth playing if you’re the adventurous type. I beat it recently when a friend told me about it and i think its amazing. The ending is pretty sad and i think the idea of the game is genius. People are still going through this game trying find hidden things in it and there is several controversial stories about the little girls dream in the game. When/if you play, it gives you a tranquil and creepy feeling when you play and it really feels like a dream. There are no monsters that can kill you or make you lose a life, but you always think something can considering how the games environment is. It’s really worth your time.​

Plot and Gameplay:
a 2005 independently produced adventure game by homebrew Japanese developer Kikiyama. The game was created using RPG Maker, but has no (RPG) elements. The game is currently in version 0.10, meaning the contents of the game could change without notice. Players explore the dreams of the fictional character Madotsuki (窓付き, lit. "window"). It is through this that the player is able to view scenes that are recognized as being genuinely disturbing at times, such as being swallowed by a large red sewer-creature, meeting a disembodied head character known only as Uboa (who then transports the player to an endless, repeating stretch of map) and experiencing a looping FMV sequence featuring a girl with five arms.
Originally a little-known game that became popular on the Japanese forum 2ch, the English version followed an explosion of popularity among English-speaking players, with its cultural impact among fans gradually increasing.
Players begin the game as a female hikikomori named Madotsuki, at home in her apartment, the only area she can explore when awake. when interacted with, and a Famicom-style game console with the game 'Nasu' (Eggplant), a simple game where the player eats eggplants. There is also a writing desk which the player can use to save data. Though the apartment has a balcony, attempting to open the door to the outside world results in Madotsuki simply shaking her head. Her only means of entertainment are a television, which shows a simple testcard
yumenikk.png
When Madotsuki sleeps she begins to dream, the player is presented with a dream world which resembles the same room Madotsuki fell asleep in, with some minor differences. In this dream world the player is able to leave the room, which will lead to a zone of 12 doors commonly known as "the Hub,""the Door Room,", or more popularly, "the Nexus." All 12 doors open from the start, each leading to a different world, and often worlds themselves will contain portals or doors to other places. The environment behind each door is uniquely surreal in its own way. Both natural and artificial backgrounds like a forest, mountainside, a colorful neon maze and a bizarre number world set a strange tone for the game. One section of the game has also been made to closely resemble the original Mother game in homage. The player can attempt to interact with objects, although few will provide any response. The player can choose to wake from dreams at any time, by causing Madotsuki to pinch her cheek and awaken. This behavior ensures that the player always has a way out of the dream world at all times.
While in the format of a RPG game, Yume Nikki's gameplay has more in common with adventure games. Some areas are not initially accessible until the character is able to use a particular effect, and using effects around NPCs may cause the NPC do something different or change into something else. However, beyond effects, Madotsuki typically can't interact with NPCs. Most NPCs lack the ability to talk and those that do yield nothing useful when talking to them. At the same time, it bears resemblance to traditional RPGs as well. The character herself is a silent protagonist and does not visibly react to any of the events in the game, so the character's behaviors are entirely up to the player, whether to flee immediately or stick around and see what happens next and so on. She can also level up and gain hit points by collecting effects, but this is merely an artifact of the game's engine and has no effect on gameplay.
There is no way to actually die in a dream, though enemies do exist in the form of NPCs that teleport the player to inescapable areas. Most NPCs mean no harm to the player, though all but those particular enemy NPCs can be killed with the knife effect.

Music:
[align=center][video=youtube]

Themes:
Many locations serve no purpose in reaching the end of the game, but seem to be included for aesthetics or to hint at something in Madotsuki's thoughts or memories. There are several extremely large, wide-open maps that can only be navigated by finding landmarks or wandering aimlessly. Nearly every NPC can be killed with the knife (most will even back away when Madotsuki wields it), but this usually results in nothing more than a muted scream as it fades away. Occasionally, the killing of NPCs leads to the opening of a new area.
While the game has no "enemies" that Madotsuki can fight, some areas have wild-eyed girls with what appear to be beaks for mouths (dubbed "Toriningen," lit. Bird People) who will chase after Madotsuki and, upon catching her, teleport her to an inescapable area, forcing the player to "wake up" and return to the real world. These cannot be attacked with the knife, but the Triangle Kerchief (which turns Madotsuki invisible) and the Stoplight (which freezes NPCs) can help in avoiding them. Occasionally a calm Toriningen can be found, who will not chase after or teleport Madotsuki unless she attempts to kill them with the knife.
The plot and story of the game is for the user to navigate the main character's dreams and to obtain 24 objects known as effects. These 'effects' often change something about the main character, from changing the colour or length of her hair to making her wield an umbrella or knife. Once the player has all 24 effects the end of the game will follow.

Reception:
Freelance video game journalist Lewis Denby stated it is a "genuinely upsetting" game and that, "there's more to her (Madotsuki's) existence than almost any other videogame character you'll ever meet". Independent game developer Derek Yu enjoyed the game, comparing its visual theme to Earthbound and stating "The lack of dialogue or any “action” fills me with this strange sense of dread."
Gamertell's Jenni Lada scored the game 85 out of 100 despite being supremely disappointed with the game's ending. She praised the unique premise, distinct art style and abstract gameplay. She noted that players could wake up and return to reality at any time, and that this was necessary due to some dreams having no exits. Lada stated that the game will not be to everyone's taste due to the "dark or graphic imagery" along with the amount of commitment required to find all the elements without the aid of a strategy guide.

Conclusion: you really need to give this a try. 

Download it Here: 
http://www.mediafire.com/download/98jpx2dm3f2te0h/Yume_Nikki.rar

[img=983x765]http://199.101.98.242/media/images/163823-Legend_of_Dragoon,_The_(USA)-8.jpg[/img][/SIZE][/CENTER]
System: Playstation, Playstation Network
Creator: SCEI
Release Date: June 11, 2000
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 100 out of 100

My Thoughts: Man this game brings back memories. I've beaten it so many times and its still a great game. Sadly it is not well known even though the game itself can easily stand up to the Final Fantasy and Star Ocean series'. The story is well thought out, the characters are memorable, the gameplay is amazing and doesn't fell repetitive due to the option to switch out different abilities, the music really sets the mood like when you go into a boss fight and hear that tune kick on (posted below) you know somethings going down and gets you pumped to fight, the fighting system is fun to use especially when you get moves that require precise timing to get in good damage; just the overall feel of the game is perfect in my opinion. The only gripe i have is the voice acting, but thats a minor problem due to there not being a lot. Another gripe would be that there isnt a sequel out, nor will there be one at this point in time sadly. Aside from that all, here is the information about it and i hope you can find time to play this game and enjoy it as much as i did. 
Plot & Gameplay: The Legend of Dragoon features three modes of play: the world map, the field map, and battle mode. The world map is linear with the controlled character's movements, which is then limited to dotted lines from place to place. The field map is used whenever the player enters a town, dungeon, or landmark. It consists of 3D characters on a 2D pre-rendered background. Animations are overlaid to create motion such as the movement of water or light effects. Battle mode is a 3D field that compliments the current field map. Turn-based battles occur in this between playable characters and CPU-controlled enemies. Standard actions such as attack, magic, defend, item and escape are present and implemented in various ways.

The story begins when Dart, the protagonist, is heading home from a five-year-long journey to pursue the Black Monster, who killed his parents and destroyed his birth city: Neet. On the way, he is attacked by Feyrbrand, a dragon controlled by the Sandora, a rebel faction in the Serdian civil war. After Dart gets hit by the dragon, he gets saved by a mysterious female heroine named Rose, though they soon part ways. When he arrives at his hometown, Seles, he discovers that it has been destroyed by Sandora, and that Shana, Dart’s childhood friend, has been taken away. Dart sets out to rescue her. Throughout the game, he is periodically joined by people that he helps along the way.

Music:

[size=medium]Conclusion: Just an amazing game that can be played over and over....and over and over......and over....did i mention i love this game? If your a fan of RPG games, DO NOT pass this game up. Its up on PSN now for a few bucks if you want to grab it.

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia

[img=983x765]http://www.gamecrate.com/sites/default/files/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Contra.jpg[/img][/CENTER]
System: Arcade, Famicom/NES, MSX2, ZX Spectrum, AmstradCPC, Commodore 64, MS-DOS, PS2, Xbox 360 (XBLA), Nintendo DS,Virtual Console, Mobile Phone, PS Network​
Creator: Konami​
Release Date: February 20, 1987​
Age Rating: T for Teen ​
My Rating: 91 out of 100​

My Thoughts: 

I remember playing this game all the time at my uncles house, but i was really young and didn't play very well, so i would always use a game genie or the classic Konami Code to get 30 extra lives to use. (up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A.) Without the code i would only be able to get almost halfway threw the game. This game is really fun on multiplayer, but it sucks when one player is really good, while the other player falls behind; making to where the game his harder to stay alive. Aside from that its an amazing classic shooter game. 
Plot & Gameplay:
In Contra, the player controls one of two armed military commandos named Bill and Lance, who are sent on a mission to neutralize a terrorist organization called Red Falcon that is secretly planning to take over the Earth. Details of the game's setting varies between supplementary materials: the Japanese versions establishes the game's setting to be a fictional Oceania archipelago of Galuga in the futuristic year of 2633, whereas the manual for the American NES version sets the game during the present in an unnamed South American island. The American storyline also changes the identity of "Red Falcon" from being the name of a terrorist organization to the name of an alien entity.

The main character is equipped with a rifle with an unlimited amount of ammunition. The player can also jump, move and fire in eight directions, as well as move or jump simultaneously while firing. A single hit from any enemy, bullet, or other hazard will instantly kill the player character and discard the current weapon. There are a total of four weapons the player can retrieve from flying weapon capsules or pill-box sensors: a Machine Gun, a Laser Gun, a Fire Gun, and a Spread Gun. There are also two additional supplemental power-ups: a Rapid Fire power-up which increases the player's firing speed, as well as a Barrier that will grant the player temporary invincibility for many seconds. All the power-ups in the arcade version are represented by Eagle-shaped letter icons with the exception of the Machine Gun and Laser.

There are a total of over 10 areas in the game. There are two types of stages in Contra. In addition to the standard side view stages, Contra also features stages in which the player character is seen from behind and must move towards the background in order to proceed. Each of these "3D maze" stages are set inside the corridor of an enemy base in which the player must fight through the base's defenses in order to reach the core of the base. During the 3D maze stages, the upper screen will display a map of the base along with a time limit. Each maze stage is followed by a "3D fixed" stage set at the core of the base, in which the player must destroy a series of flashing sensors to expose an even larger sensor and destroy it.
Contra also features a two-player cooperative mode. Both players occupy the same screen and must coordinate their actions. One player lagging behind can cause problems for his partner, as the screen will not scroll onward, and a slow player can be fatal to his partner. The European release, Gryzor, does not feature a simultaneous 2-Player mode. Instead, the 2-players take turns: whenever one player dies, the other will get their turn.
Music:

Conclusion: Its a classic that is highly recommended to be played  
Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.​

latest
System: SNES, PS1, DS​
Creator: Square, TOSE​
Release Date: March 11, 1995​
Age Rating: T for Teen​
My Rating: 100 out of 100​

My Thoughts: Easily, one of the greatest RPG games ever made. Im a fan of time travel themed stuff, so it made this game even better. With amazing set of characters, great storyline, fun battle style, and having the artist that helped draw DBZ do the artwork, whats not to like. There is also 13 different endings, so you will have fun getting them all.
Plot & Gameplay: Chrono Trigger takes place in an original world similar to Earth, with eras such as the prehistoric age, where early humans and dinosaurs share the earth; the Middle Ages, replete with knights, monsters, and magic; and the post-apocalyptic future, where humans and sentient robots struggle to survive. The characters frequently travel through time to obtain allies, gather equipment, and learn information to help them in their quest. The party also gains access to the End of Time (represented as year ∞), which serves as a hub to travel back to other time periods. The party eventually acquires a time-machine vehicle known as the Wings of Time, nicknamed the Epoch. The vehicle is capable of time travel between any time period without first having to travel to the End of Time.
Chrono Trigger features standard console role-playing game (RPG) gameplay with several innovations. The player controls the protagonist and his companions in the game's two-dimensional fictional world, consisting of various forests, cities, and dungeons. Navigation occurs via an overworld map, depicting the landscape from a scaled down overhead view. Areas such as forests, cities, and similar places are depicted as more realistic scaled down maps, in which players can converse with locals to procure items and services, solve puzzles and challenges, or encounter enemies. Chrono Trigger's gameplay deviates from that of traditional RPGs in that, rather than appearing in random encounters, many enemies are openly visible on field maps or lie in wait to ambush the party. Contact with enemies on a field map initiates a battle that occurs directly on the map rather than on a separate battle screen.
Chrono_Trigger_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg
Players and enemies may use physical or magical attacks to wound targets during battle, and players may use items to heal or protect themselves. Each character and enemy has a certain number of hit points, and successful attacks reduce that character's hit points, while hit points can be restored with potions and spells. When a playable character loses all hit points, he or she faints; if all the player's characters fall in battle, the game ends and must be restored from a previously saved chapter, except in specific storyline-related battles that allow or force the player to lose. Between battles, the player can equip his/her characters with weapons, armor, helmets, and accessories that provide special effects (such as increased attack power or defense against magic), and various consumable items can be used both in and out of battles. Items and equipment can be purchased in shops or found on field maps, often in treasure chests. By exploring new areas and fighting enemies, players progress through Chrono Trigger's story.
Chrono Trigger uses an Active Time Battle system—a staple of Square's Final Fantasy game series designed by Hiroyuki Ito for Final Fantasy IV—named "Active Time Battle 2.0." Each character can take action in battle once a personal timer dependent on the character's speed statistic counts to zero. Magic and special physical techniques are handled through a system called "Techs." Techs deplete a character's magic points (a numerical meter like hit points), and often have special areas of effect; some spells damage huddled monsters, while others can harm enemies spread in a line. Enemies often change positions during battle, creating opportunities for tactical Tech use. A unique feature of Chrono Trigger's Tech system is that numerous cooperative techniques exist. Each character receives eight personal Techs which can be used in conjunction with others' to create Double and Triple Techs for greater effect. For instance, Crono's sword-spinning Cyclone Tech can be combined with Lucca's Flame Toss to create Flame Whirl. When characters with compatible Techs have enough magic points available to perform their techniques, the game automatically displays the combo as an option.
chronotrigger_3.JPG
Chrono Trigger features several other unique gameplay traits, including time travel. Players have access to seven eras of the game world's history, and past actions affect future events. Throughout history, players find new allies, complete side quests, and search for keynote villains. Time travel is accomplished via portals and pillars of light called "time gates", as well as a time machine named Epoch. The game contains thirteen unique endings; the ending the player receives depends on when and how he or she reaches and completes the game's final battle. Chrono Trigger DS features a new ending that can be accessed from the End of Time upon completion of the final extra dungeon and optional final boss. Chrono Trigger also introduces a New Game+ option; after completing the game, the player may begin a new game with the same character levels, techniques, and equipment (but not money) that he or she ended the previous game with. Certain items central to the storyline are removed and must be found again, such as the sword Masamune. Square has since employed the New Game+ concept in later titles, including Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, Parasite Eve and Final Fantasy X-2.

Music: Almost all the music is amazing.

Conclusion: A MUST PLAY
Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

worldcupboxed.jpg
System: NES, Gameboy,Virtual Console ​
Creator: NINTENDO​
Release Date: 1990​
Age Rating: E for Everyone​
My Rating: 85 out of 100​

My Thoughts: Even though i wasn't a big fan of sports games, this one was really fun to play, mainly because you had to do everything you could to get the ball even if it meant knocking the other player out. it was also fun doing the special super kicks and knocking the goalie out. It even had the ability to have 4 players if you had the NES Multiport Satellite Adapter, so this game was amazing when you had 4 friends over. 

Plot & Gameplay: 
At its core, the game follows the rules of soccer, but with noticeable differences. Each team has only six players (a goalkeeper, two defenders, a midfielder and two forwards). Offsides are non-existent, and fouls are not punished, which makes them the most effective way to take the ball away from the opponent; furthermore, if a player is fouled a lot of times, he will pass out and stay down until the next throw-in or corner kick close to where the player was fouled, goal, or the end of the half. However, this cannot happen to a human-controlled player. To add to the surreal gameplay, players can also use up to five "super shots" per half; these powerful, odd-looking shots are used whenever a player does an overhead kick or a diving header, or when he shoots after walking a certain number of steps.
There are two game modes:
  • Tournament mode, in which one or two players take control of one of the 13 available teams, in order to defeat their CPU-controlled opponents.
  • VS Match mode, which enables players to confront each other in sand, ice or dirt playing fields. Up to four players can compete, using the NES Four Score or the NES Satellite or for the Game Boy you would use a link cable or Four Player Adapter.
Nintendo%20World%20Cup-2.png

Graphically, the game looks similar to others in the Kunio-kun series, particularly River City Ransom, with its short-legged, big-headed characters with varied faces; in fact, some sprites, such as Kunio and the other members of the Japanese team, were reused from River City Ransom.

Music: This had some pretty great music and it was really fitting.
Conclusion: not a must play, but it is really fun and worth your time 

BionicCommando-NES.jpg
System: NES
Creator: Capcom
Release Date: 1992
Age Rating: T for Everyone
My Rating: 90 out of 100

My Thoughts: When i was younger, this game was extremely hard, but i was so addicted to using the grappling hook, i kept playing and i eventually became a pro at it xD. when i tried playing it again...it was still hard, but i took down that nazi at the end again. the spread shot is one of my favorite guns to use besides the bazooka.

Plot & Gameplay: Set sometime in the 1980's, Bionic Commandocenters around two warring states: the Federation and the Empire. One day, the Imperial Forces discovers classified documents involving the development of a new weapon known as the "Albatros project" [sic], which was started by an organization known as the "Badds", but was never completed. Killt, the Generalissimo of the Imperial Forces, decides to complete the project himself. When the Federation learns of the Empire's plot, they send in their national hero, Super Joe (the main character from the Capcom game Commando) to infiltrate the Empire, but he ends up being captured. To rescue Super Joe, the Federation sends in a second operative named Ladd Spencer of the FF (Double Force) Battalion, a team of commandos specially trained to use wired guns, to rescue him.
Unlike other action games, instead of moving in a straight path through the levels, the player can, between levels, move around on a map-like screen. The player can move his helicopter one space at a time between the areas, represented by numbers.
giphy.gif
Once above a numbered area, the player can either choose to descend or move to another area. The player has to complete the current level to move on, although he can go back to the map by pressing either Start, A, and B, or Select, A, and B (depending on the version). After descending in the selected area, the player will be prompted to select their desired equipment for the mission. Certain equipments are designed to work at certain areas. For example, communicator α works only in Areas 1, 4, and 5, and so on.
There are a total of 19 areas in the game. Area 1 to 12 are combat areas in which the player must visit to complete their mission, while Area 13 to 19 are neutral areas where fighting is forbidden. If the player fire their weapon at these areas, they will be attacked by a peacekeeping force. The neutral zones are a place where the player can get vital information and items to help fulfill Ladd's mission.
There are also green enemy trucks on the map selection screen that will try to intercept the player's helicopter. If the player's helicopter flies into one while traveling between areas, he will be forced to battle with enemy troops. These enemy encounters are fought from an overhead perspective similar to Commando. Destroying certain enemies at these stages, namely shielded soldiers, armed jeeps, or wired soldiers, will yield an eagle mark which will grant the player an additional continue.

Music: The Area 1 + 3 are the most memorable out of this game, but they are all good.
[size=medium]Conclusion: A great classic really worth your time. 

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia.

super-spike-v-ball-usa.png
System: NES
Creator: Nintendo, Taito
Release Date: 1990
Age Rating: E for Everyone
My Rating: 80 out of 100

My Thoughts: I played this game so much when i was younger. the music is amazing and me and my friend would play 2 player for hours. Its so satisfying to get set up for a spike, then you charge your fist and get that super spike, knocking the other player out. This game has a simple concept and may not look exciting, but its pretty tough when you play against Soviet Russia and the US Navy during the World Cup.

Plot & Gameplay: 
The NES version features several key differences from the arcade game. In the NES version the player can now select their teams. The available pairs in the single player mode are: George and Murphy, the default well-balanced team; Al and John, powerful, but slow players with poor defensive skills; Billy and Jimmy (the heroes of the Double Dragon series), defensive players with poor spiking power; and Ed and Michael, fast players with average hitting power. The NES game features a tournament mode against the CPU that can be played alone or with another player, and a competitive mode that allows up to four players.
There are several differences between the Japanese Famicom version (U.S. Championship V'Ball) and the western NES version (Super Spike V'Ball). The Famicom version features a single tournament mode which consists of five American Circuit matches (Daytona, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas and Los Angeles) three World Cup matches in Hawaii (of random nationalities) and two additional matches against the U.S. Navy and a Russian team in that order. The player can adjust the difficulty setting in the option menu in the Famicom version. Additionally, the characters of George and Ed had their partners switched in the Famicom version, with George being partnered with Michael as in the arcade version, while Ed is partnered with Murphy.
Super_Spike_Vball_NES_ScreenShot2.jpg
In the NES version, there are three different tournament modes: Exercise, the American Circuit and the World Cup. The Exercise Mode is just a match against the first team in a crowd-less court set to an easy difficulty. The American Circuit simply consists of the first five teams featured in the Famicom version's tournament mode set to an average difficulty. The World Cup mode consists of seven teams in the following order: Japan, Italy, Australia, Mexico, Brazil, the Navy and Russia, all set to a hard difficulty. The background for the Russian stage was also redrawn to make it look less hostile with the omission of the tanks in the Famicom version. There is no difficulty setting in the option menu since the three different tournament modes serve as difficulty settings themselves.

Music: All the music in this game is awesome and keeps you wanting to play more. 
[size=medium]Conclusion: If you got some free time, you should really give this a try.

final-fantasy-vi.jpg

System: SNES, GBA, PS1, DS
Creator: Square 
Release Date: April 2, 1994
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 101 out of 100

My Thoughts: A-Maz-ing! Its easily my favorite out of the Final Fantasy Series and I have played it so many times. There is just so much stuff in this game that is memorable. The Mech walk to Narshe during the opening credits, the annoying octopus Ultros, the fight with the ghost train, the river being poisoned by Kefka, the amazing Opera scene, the 7 hidden dragons; i could go on and on. The steam punk style environment is really cool and the opening gives you a feeling of depression with the smooth music and the slightly messed up town of Narshe. This will always be a classic and even though Sephiroth is my favorite character, this games storyline beats all the other Final Fantasy games. 

Plot & Gameplay: Like previous Final Fantasy installments, Final Fantasy VI consists of four basic modes of gameplay: an overworld map, town and dungeonfield maps, a battle screen, and a menu screen. The overworld map isa scaled-down version of the game's fictional world, which the player uses to direct characters to various locations. As with most games in the series, the three primary means of travel across the overworld are by foot, chocobo, and airship. With a few plot-driven exceptions, enemies are randomly encountered on field maps and on the overworld when traveling by foot. The menu screen is where the player makes such decisions as which characters will be in the traveling party, which equipment they wield, the magic they learn, and the configuration of the gameplay. It is also used to track experience points and levels. 
The game's plot develops as the player progresses through towns and dungeons. Town citizens will offer helpful information and some residents own item or equipment shops. Later in the game, visiting certain towns will activate side quests. Dungeons appear as a variety of areas, including caves, sewers, forests, and buildings. These dungeons often have treasure chests containing rare items that are not available in most stores. Some dungeons feature puzzles and mazes, which require the player to divide the characters into multiple parties.
Final Fantasy VI takes place on a large, unnamed world. During the course of the game, its geography and landscape change due to various developments in the game's plot. During the first half of the game, the world is divided into two major continents and referred to as the World of Balance. The northern continent is punctuated by a series of mountain ranges and contains many of the locations accessible to the player. Halfway through the game, the world's geographical layout is altered, resulting in its two large continents splitting into several islands of various size situated around a larger continent at their center. This altered layout of the game's locations is referred to as the World of Ruin.

WikibattleFF6.PNG

[align=left]In contrast to the medieval settings featured in previous Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy VI is set in a steampunk environment. The structure of society parallels that of the latter half of the 19th century, with opera and the fine arts serving as recurring motifs throughout the game, and a level of technology comparable to that of the Second Industrial Revolution. Railroads are in place and a coal mining operation is run in the northern town of Narshe. Additionally, several examples of modern engineering and weaponry (such as a chainsaw, power drill, and automatic crossbow) have been developed in the Kingdom of Figaro. However, communication systems have not reached significant levels of development, with letters sent by way of carrier pigeon serving as the most common means of long-distance communication.​

One thousand years before the events of the game, three entities known as the Warring Triad initiated a conflict that would come to be called the War of the Magi. This quarrel grew to catastrophic proportions, unleashing magical energy into the world which transformed afflicted humans into espers - magical beings who themselves were used as soldiers in the war. Eventually realizing the horrific calamity wrought by their hands, the Triad returned free will to the espers and sealed their powers, becoming stone statues. Their only request was that the espers ensure their power remain locked away so it might never be used again. The espers carried their stone gods to a hidden land, sealing both they and themselves off from the realm of humans. The concept of magic gradually faded to legend and myth as mankind built a society extohling science and technology. At the game's opening, the most advanced nation is the Empire, a cruel and expanding dictatorship led by Emperor Gestahl and his clownish general Kefka. Approximately eighteen years before the events of the game begin, the barrier between the esper's land and the rest of the world weakened. Soon after, Gestahl takes advantage of this and attacks the espers' land, capturing several of them.
Using the espers as a power source, Gestahl initiated a research program to combine magic with machinery and infuse humans with magical powers, the result being a craft known as Magitek. Kefka became the first experimental prototype a line of soldiers called Magitek Knights, drastically imparing his sanity. At the opening of the game, the Empire is on the verge of rediscovering the full potential of magic by reopening the gateway to the world of the espers. However, Gestahl's military dominion is opposed by the Returners, a rebel organization seeking to overthrow the Empire and free its territories.

Music: Every song in this game is amazing.[/align]
[size=medium]Conclusion: ​
A MUST PLAY! 

Side Note: Gameplay, Plot and game information was from Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom