Code_Name_Viper_cover.jpg
Gender: Platform, Side-Scroller, Acrion, Shooter, Adventure
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Creator: CAPCOM
Release Date: 1990
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 75 out of 100

My Thoughts: 
I have so much fun playing this game. Style is really fun and looking around the rooms, wondering what behind the doors is entertaining. I still own this game and i play it every now and then. my only gripe is that i hate it when you go into a room, then soldiers spawn and circle the door until you leave. Its not helpful when you only get two hits and you die. The Machine gun is always a big help, but the guys that hid in the windows always surprised me. 

Plot & Gameplay: 
The player takes the role of Kenny Smith, an agent of the 98th Special Forces, also known as "Code Name: Viper", who is assigned by his commander, Director Jones, to investigate a large drug syndicate that covers all of South America. Smith's objective is to rescue a missing Viper agent in each of the syndicate's seven hideouts and uncover clues of the Syndicate's true mastermind.
The gameplay system is similar to Namco's 1986 arcade game Rolling Thunder. Like in Rolling Thunder, the player can jump or drop down between floors by holding the directional pad up or down and pressing the jump button, as well as enter doors to obtain power-ups or avoid enemies. The player can be armed with one of two weapons (a standard issue pistol or a semi-automatic machine gun for continuous firepower). Items includes additional ammunition for either weapon, extra health, a time extension, and extra lives. Unlike Rolling Thunder, the player can shoot while jumping and can also change directions during midair.
hqdefault.jpg
Another difference between Rolling Thunder and Code Name: Viper is the added emphasis on rescuing hostages. Throughout the first seven stages, the player can find captured civilians behind certain doors, who will offer the player their gratitude. However, if the player takes too long to rescue certain hostages, the player will only find their skeletal remains. To complete each of the first seven stages, the player must rescue a captured commando who will provide the grenades necessary to blow up the obstruction blocking the exit at the end of each stage.
The strength and attack patterns of the standard enemy soldiers that the player will face is determined by the colors of their outfit. In addition to the standard enemy soldiers will face other adversaries such as Snipers, Frogmen, and Maniacs. There are a total of eight stages, with three difficulty settings.

Music: I think the music is really catchy and i memorized them just as much as the original Mario music.  
[align=center][video=youtube]

Conclusion: An amazing game and i think you should give it a try at least.

Side Note: Plot & Gameplay information and the small character pictures are from Wikipedia.

batman-11.jpg

System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Creator: Sunsoft, DC Comics Inc.
Release Date: December 22, 1989
Age Rating: T for Teen or n/a
My Rating: 95 out of 100

My Thoughts:[font=tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]Wow, it feels so Nostalgic making this review because i played this game so much. even if you are not a fan of batman, this game is amazing. Sure it was Incredibly hard when you got to the Sewer Area, but the controls where spot on and I loved jumping off the walls and messing with the weapons. Most fans of the Batman games considered this the best out of all of them before Arkam Asylum came out. I can honestly say i played this just as much as Mario Bros. and i still play it on my NES every now and then. 

Plot & Gameplay: Platform action game featuring the locations of the 1989 movie. The NES title had five levels culminating in a showdown with the Joker in Gotham Cathedral. The game had a much more futuristic feel to it than the movie, with robots, jet-packs and mutants. And when Batman dies in this game, he turns into ashes and disappears, signifying the effect of futuristic weapons burning his body completely (the burning ashes are shaped like a bat). It is the general consensus of many fans that this version has some of the best music on the NES. 
The game has a feature that was unusual to side-scrolling platform games at the time, largely to the NES itself. Unlike the other Batman game that was released for the Mega Drive/Genesis, Batman has the ability to wall jump, which is reminiscent of Ryu Hayabusa's wall scaling in Ninja Gaiden. He is also able to use three projectile weapons: the batarang, batdisk, and bat speargun, which are powered by pellet cartridges.

Music: The music in this game is so epic. there's not one bad song on this game in my opinion. 

[size=medium]Conclusion: For batman fans, this is a must play game. heck, even if you are not a fan of batman, dont let the cover of the game stop you from playing this. the gameplay is amazing and its hard to find flaws in this game except that it might be a little hard for novice gamers. Give it a try if you ever decide to dust off your NES. 

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia and NESguide.​

super_mario_bros_31.jpg
System: Nintendo Entertainment System​
Creator: Shingeru Miyamoto ​
Release Date: February 12, 1990​
Age Rating: E for Everyone​
My Rating: 100 out of 100 ​

My Thoughts: 
I still own and play this game on my old NES. This was the 3rd and final NES Mario game in the trilogy before the games went to the SNES, CD-I, and N64. For an 8-bit game to have so much detail and countless places to explore is mind blowing. My favorite world was always World 4 which was where everything was giant and it just seems really cool how they made the sprites of the monsters bigger. When i was younger i was fasinated and i kept playing the game and finding the whistle, just so i could get to that world faster....but the places i hated the most was the Plant World and the Ice World. Even if you had skills, those areas caused so much trouble with the annoying, but cool maneuvering platforms, plant filled pipes, and slippery platforms. I also always had fun kicking my brothers ass on VS. mode  This game really deserves the title "Classic". 

Plot & Gameplay:
Super Mario Bros. 3 is a 2-D platform game in which the player controls the on-screen protagonist (either Mario or Luigi) from a third-person perspective. The game shares similar gameplay mechanics with previous titles in the series—Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, and Super Mario Bros. 2—but introduces several new elements. In addition to the running and jumping moves found in past games, the player can fly and float with the aid of special items, slide down slopes, and execute new types of jumps. Super Mario Bros. 3 is set after the events of previous games. Mario and Luigi embark on a mission on behalf of Princess Toadstool to stop Bowser and his children (called "Koopalings") from terrorizing the kings of seven regions in the Mushroom World; the Koopalings stole the kings' magic wands and transformed them into animals. Each region serves as a game world that is divided into stage levels, and an eighth region is included as the final world, Dark Land. The eight worlds feature distinct visual themes; for example, the second world, "Desert Land", contains sand-covered levels with pyramids, while the levels in the fourth world, "Giant Land", are populated with obstacles and enemies four times as large as other worlds.he player navigates through the game via two game screens: an overworld map and a level playfield (pictured right). The overworld map displays an overhead representation of the current world and has several paths leading from the world's entrance to a castle. Paths connect to action panels, fortresses and other map icons, and allow players to take different routes to reach the world's goal. Moving the on-screen character to an action panel or fortress will allow access to that level's playfield, a linear stage populated with obstacles and enemies. The majority of the game takes place in these levels, with the player traversing the stage by running, jumping, and dodging or defeating enemies. 
Completing stages allows the player to progress through the overworld map and to succeeding worlds. Each world features a final stage with a boss to defeat; the first seven worlds feature an airship controlled by one of the Koopalings, while the player battles Bowser in his castle in the eighth world. Other map icons include large boulders and locked doors that impede paths, and special minigames that provide the player a chance to obtain special power-ups. A new feature is the player's option to save power-up items obtained in minigames for later use via a menu accessible at the overworld screen.
Super+Mario+Bros+3+-+Three+Mario+Suits.jpg
In addition to special items from previous games like the "Super Mushroom" and "Fire Flower", new power-ups are introduced that provide the player with new gameplay options. Items vary in scarcity; for example, 1-Up mushrooms, which give the player an extra attempt to play after the character dies, are abundant, while the "magic whistle", which enables the player to bypass certain worlds, only appears three times in the game. The "Super Leaf" and "Tanoki Suit" give Mario raccoon and tanuki appearances respectively and allow him to fly for a short period of time. Other suits include the "Frog Suit," which increases the character's underwater speed and agility and improves jumping height on land, and the "Hammer Suit," which gives Mario the appearance of the Hammer Bros. enemies and allows him to throw hammers at enemies and resist fire attacks. Some abilities provided by the suits are intended to give the player more navigation options in stages. For example, the Frog Suit allows the player to access underwater pipes, and the Tanooki Suit can temporarily transform Mario into an invincible statue, reducing the threat of damage. During the game, Mario can find a Warp Whistle, which will take him to a new area of the game. When using the Whistle, the tune played is the exact melody used from the Whistle in The Legend of Zelda.
Super Mario Bros. 3 includes a multiplayer option which allows two players to cooperatively play the game by taking turns at navigating the overworld map and accessing stage levels; the first player controls Mario, while the other controls Luigi. Through this mode, players can also access several minigames, including a remake of the original Mario Bros. arcade game.

Music: 
Theres is a lot more music to go threw on this game then the other 2. there has to be sense there is 8 worlds lol. i think all the songs are amazing but, sky area music is what i like the most. the piano notes that signifies an uppity mood is really nice to hear.  You also gotta love the vs. mode music, it made those battles with your siblings or friends epic as you kicked a turtle back up just has they where about to hit it and make them lose. 

Conclusion: 
i think you know the answer... 
A MUST PLAY
Side Note: Plot & Gameplay information are from Wikipedia.

super_mario_bros_2_boxfront-1.jpg
System: Nintendo Entertainment System​
Creator: Shingeru Miyamoto ​
Release Date: October 1988​
Age Rating: E for Everyone​
My Rating: 99 out of 100 ​

My Thoughts: 
Even though this game is the favorite out of the NES Mario series, it technically isn't a mario game. Its really the game "Doki Doki Panic" modified to where it looks like the mario characters, so i took a point off because its a rip-off of another game. The reason for this is because people who where not familiar with the original characters wouldn't think the game was very good, so they replaced them with the Mario characters and it shot off the shelves like wild fire. Its the graphic style, character selection, boss battles, and overall gameplay that makes me like this game so much. It just feels so much different from the other games, like instead of stomping on bad guys to defeat them, you have to pick them up and throw them at another monster or throw something that you pick up from the ground. The overworld music i really catchy too. The tune is very jumpy and energetic. 

Plot & Gameplay:
At the beginning of each stage, the player is given a choice of four protagonists to control: Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach, credited in the game as merely "Princess." Each character has different strengths; Mario is a well-rounded character; Luigi can jump the highest of the four; Toad can run and pluck vegetables the fastest but can't jump well; and Peach can jump the farthest, due to her ability to hover for a short time, though she is the slowest runner. All characters have the ability to increase the height of their jump by ducking briefly before they jump.

Unlike the previous and following Mario games, no enemies can be defeated by jumping on them. Instead, the player character must throw objects at enemies, such as vegetables plucked from the ground. Certain opponents can be picked up and thrown as well, and several levels feature blocks marked with the word "POW", which when picked up and thrown kill all the enemies on screen at impact, similar to the one in Mario Bros.
Super%20Mario%20Bros.%202%20-%203_0.jpg
The game features a life meter, a then-unique feature in the series. The player begins each stage with two points of health, represented by red diamonds, and can increase the number of health points in the meter by collecting mushrooms. Health can be replenished by floating hearts, which appear after a certain number of opponents have been defeated. The invincibility star from the previous game appears, with a player needing to collect five cherries to acquire it.
Each stage contains one or more hidden flasks of potion. When plucked and thrown, a potion creates a door to Sub-Space, an alternate world in which coins are collected instead of vegetables when plucked. The mushrooms used to increase the health meter can also be found here. The player automatically leaves Sub-Space after a short time. The coins collected are used in a slot machine mini-game played between stages. This mini-game is the chief means of obtaining additional lives. In addition to the mushrooms and slot machine coins, several Sub-Spaces are also used as warp zones; these involve the use of vases as pipes.

Music: 
I love all the music in this game, the overworld is catchy, the underworld has a cool feeling to it, and the boss battle music is epic.
Conclusion: 
another MUST PLAY

Side Note: Plot & Gameplay information and the small character pictures are from Wikipedia.

YOOOOOO THE NOSTALGIA

I have the game on my GBA rather than an NES, but it's pretty much the same but with more colors.

I still haven't finished the last world because I keep dying there. XDD My favorite suit might be the frog or the tanuki.

I felt bad using the hammer suit power up since it killed the Boos, but you need to if you don't want a horde chasing you. XDD

Ice World was really cool, I totally agree. 

I've never finished this game, but it's one of the few Mario installments where I've gotten to the last stage.

I've played Super Mario Advance, which would be the GBA remake. Never played Doki Doki Panic, so this is some interesting trivia on the game lol. This one is another favorite of mine.

When I was little, I was actually afraid of picking up the keys, because then the Masked ghost thing would start chasing you, and I always died because I was running so fast to get the key into the door. 

I agree, I enjoyed the music thoroughly. Especially the music when you were 'underground' or were fighting a boss. The enemies and bosses were also pretty refreshing since they weren't the usual Goombas and Koopas. The weird mutant animals (Like the Mouse with Bombs and the hydra snake), the cute little bird wearing a Plague doctor mask trying to fly, the bird with a magic carpet you could ride, BIRDO, all of those things made me love the game. I also liked going into the vases and digging up the sand to see what I would find. I also liked climbing up the vines up into the clouds. Peach and Luigi were my top players. I found it really cute when you knocked the enemies out and hearts would float. I JUST REALLY LOVE MARIO ADVANCE. I never got to play the sequels for it however.

I could blab all day on how much I love this game lmao

its pretty awesome :D i actually did a speed run of the original 
[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]

super_mario_bros_nes_cover_by_perrito_gatito-d7ndqiw.png
System: Nintendo Entertainment System
Creator: Shingeru Miyamoto
Release Date: September 13, 1985
Age Rating: E for Everyone
My Rating: 85 out of 100

My Thoughts: 
Super Mario Bros. was the REAL start of the gaming generation. This was the game that brought videogaming out of the Game Crash of 1983. Theres not much i can say that hasen't already been said about this trophy of a game. Its been said that almost no one has not heard of Mario. Even some tribes knew about Mario from when tourists talked about him. To think that one of the greatest games of all time was about an Italian Plummer who ate mushrooms to grow and had the ability to jump high to save a princess from an evil Koopa King named Bowser. It was both creative and random, but its gameplay and unforgettable music is what keeps people playing the game even after 25 years. 

Plot & Gameplay:
The player takes on the role of the main protagonist of the series, Mario. The objective is to race through the Mushroom Kingdom, survive the main antagonist Bowser's forces and save Princess Toadstool. The playing world has coins scattered around it for Mario to collect, and special "?" bricks, which when hit from below by Mario, may contain more coins or a special item. Other "secret" (often invisible) bricks may contain more coins or rare items. If the player gains a red and yellow mushroom, Mario grows to double his size and can take one extra hit from most enemies and obstacles, in addition to being able to break bricks above him. Players are given a certain number of lives (and may gain additional lives by picking up green and orange '1-Up' mushrooms, or collecting 100 coins), which are lost when Mario takes too much damage, falls in a pit, or runs out of time; the game ends when all lives are lost. Mario's primary attack is jumping on top of enemies, though many enemies have differing responses to this. For example, a Goomba will flatten and be defeated, while a Koopa Troopa will temporarily retract into its shell, allowing Mario to use it as a projectile. These shells may be deflected off a wall to destroy other enemies, though they can also hurt Mario. An alternate way to damage enemies is with the Fire Flower, an item which, when picked up, changes the color of Mario's outfit (or only increases his size if a red and yellow mushroom had not been used previously) and allows him to shoot fireballs. A less common item is the Starman, which often appears from concealed or otherwise invisible blocks. This makes Mario temporarily invincible to most hazards. The game consists of eight worlds with four sub-levels in each world. In addition, there are bonus and secret areas in the game. Most secret areas contain more coins for Mario to collect, but others may contain "warp pipes" which allow Mario to advance to later worlds in the game, skipping over earlier ones.

Music:
Most people can tell you what game this song is from right after they hear the beginning tune. 
There is only 4 main songs in the game: 
[size=medium]Conclusion: 

A MUST PLAY 

Side Note:
Gameplay, Plot and game information was from Wikipedia.

ffviibox1zj.jpg

System: Playstation, PC
Creator: Square-Enix
Release Date: January 31, 1997
Age Rating: T for Teen
My Rating: 100 out of 100

My Thoughts: 
One of the most memorable, and most talked about RPG + Final Fantasy game ever created. FF7 has been a favorite ever sense i started on the FF series. Theres not much to add to it except that it was amazing. From the Jenova tower, to the Aeith death scene, from the hunt for the golden chocobo, to the fight with Sephiroth, this game defined epic with mindblowing cut scenes and gameplay for its time. 

Plot & Gameplay:
The game's setting follows in the footsteps of Final Fantasy VI by presenting a world with considerably more advanced technology than the first five games in the series. Overall, the game's technology and society approximates that of an industrial or post-industrial science fiction The world of Final Fantasy VII, referred to in the game as "The Planet", but retroactively named "Gaia", is composed of three main land masses. The eastern continent features the city of Midgar, an industrial metropolis that serves as the capital city of the world as it hosts headquarters of the Shinra, who operate as the de facto world government. Other locations on the continent are Junon, Shinra's major military base; Fort Condor, a fort with a huge condor covering up a Mako reactor on top of it; a chocobo ranch; and Kalm, a small town inspired by medieval Europe.
The western continent features most of the accessible areas, which include the Gold Saucer, an amusement park with Corel Prison below; Costa Del Sol, a seaside resort; Gongaga, a small town containing the remains of a destroyed Mako reactor; Nibelheim, a town residing at the base of Mt. Nibel; Rocket Town, the location of Shinra's failed rocket launch; and a settlement called Cosmo Canyon. Wutai, a village inspired by pre-modern Japan and China, is located on a large island off the western continent. The tribe inhabiting Cosmo Canyon emphasize living in harmony with nature and dedicating causes to the planet's well-being. Their settlement features an observatory and serves as a research facility for those who wish to participate in a philosophy known as the "Study of Planet Life", a lifestyle that encourages deference for nature and teaches that the planet has a life of its own. The northernmost continent is a heavily glaciatedlandmass, and its few settlements include an excavation site; a ski resort; the mythical "City of the Ancients"; and the Northern Crater, where the game's climax takes place. There are also underwater locations accessible via submarine, such as a sunken plane transporter.

[img=500x450]http://www.actiontrip.com/images/ATBFFVII.jpg[/img][/SIZE][/CENTER]
Like previous installments of the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy VII consists of three modes: an overworld map, field maps, and a battle screen. The overworld map is a 3D model, featuring a scaled-down version of the game's fictional world which the player navigates to travel between the game's locations. As with preceding games in the series, the world map can be traversed by foot, on chocobos, airship, or sea vessel (in this case, a submarine and a plane used as a boat), but it also includes an additional means of transportation—a buggy. On field maps, characters are directed across realistically scaled environments, consisting of 2D pre-rendered backgrounds which represent locations such as towns or forests. The battle screen is a 3D representation of an area, such as a building's interior or an open grassland, in which the player commands the characters in battles against CPU-controlled enemies.While characters are super-deformed on maps, the character models are more realistic and normal-scaled in combat. Final Fantasy VII is the first game in the series to have character models with fully-rendered polygons, rather than 2D sprites. 

Initially, the player is restricted to the city of Midgar, but as the game progresses the entire world becomes accessible. Progression through the game's storyline is largely developed by way of scripted sequences, although pre-rendered cinematic cut scenes are also used often.

Music:
[video=youtube]

Conclusion: A MUST PLAY! if your an RPG fan, you have most likely already played it. Its like the Mario of RPGs. 

Side Note: Plot and Gameplay information was taken from Wikipedia and NESguide.

I agree about the ending. Even though it was a enjoyable anime, the ending definitely felt like a cop out. Power of friendship can only be tolerated so much lol

scriptweaver said:
I agree about the ending. Even though it was a enjoyable anime, the ending definitely felt like a cop out. Power of friendship can only be tolerated so much lol

There's a Fairy Tail reference in here somewhere 
yPEbEgW.gif

I just bought the complete series on blu-ray cause the deal was too good to pass on. Surprisingly, it wasn't from Amazon. This anime has been one of my favorites ever since I binged it on Netflix a few years back. The art style and direction really brings this show to life. It definitely has that Halloween aesthetic going but it doesn't try to overdo it and I love that. The action sequences are awesome and there's an entertaining cast of characters. There's some minimal filler but come on, who doesn't like Excalibur?  :maybe:

Wasn't too crazy about the finish of the Kishin fight just like the majority but the production of the final episode had a cinematic feel to it. That was actually pretty cool and that's the nicest thing I can say about it lol.

I don't really have a problem with it not following the manga b/c I started with the anime. However, when I went back to inspect some things, I saw how much was left out. The manga has a darker tone and the scale of the world is much bigger. I don't think there should be another anime but I would love to see it released as an OVA someday. Maybe in 3 parts, so certain stuff isn't skipped over.

The music is nice. One song in particular that I really like is Black Star's Theme. It plays right before they go after Medusa the first time to stop her from reviving the Kishin. So good.

Okay, I kind of turned this into my own mini-review lol. Good stuff Masa. If you ever decide to watch it, I wouldn't mind a review of Soul Eater NOT!

Back
Top Bottom