Hero City City

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Gravity Girl and Whitney boarded the train, for a in a swift moment, they managed to reach Imperial Region Building. Normally, it would take a person hours to walk from the middle of Hero City City to reach Imperial Region Building, took minutes using the Ultra Speed Terminal. 

"Looks like we're here." Gravity Girl said. She then noticed she'd received a message on her phone. 

===============================

"He left on his own. The fool can die if his injuries isn't met." Medical Man sigh. "So, I might have to call in the Organization and send out a search party to located his whereabouts." 

"Well, we can probably look for him." Red woke up when he heard Lyrik went missing.

"Phew! We must've gone pretty fast, cause my stomach's just now settling... haha." Whitney seemed preoccupied by taking in the new sights.
=======

"That's right, we're practically good to go now. We wouldn't be very considerate if we weren't the ones looking for him. He was assigned with us first, after all." Orso added, wiggling his little plush feet to kick away the bedsheets. "In fact, we can go right now. Not doing anything but laying in bed makes me feel kinda restless."

"Ha!" Gravity Girl didn't bother checking her phone. She'd assumed that it wasn't important and wanted to make sure Whitney had a nice time to get her mind off of the disastrous that came down in Port Graham. 

Gravity Girl walked away from Whitney for a bit before returning. "Looks like there isn't much people in the Imperial Region Building right now. Perfect time to explore it!"

=============

"Well, I suppose that'll be alright." Medical Man said. "Then, that'll be your mission. Track down Lyrik and bring him back to Hero City City to get the proper treatment. His last appearance was somewhere on the Ultra Speed Terminal. Anything else is unknown, so it's best to look over there." 

"Alright..!" Red stretches and yawns. "Let's find Lyrik, right Orso?"

It was a usual day for Fuutaro Minami. He was a server of Cake Love, a cake shop/cafe in the Imperial Region Building. He wasn't in his best shape though. He hadn't had any sleep since yesterday. Not that he couldn't or didn't have time. It was just the fact that bad things tended to happen when he fall asleep, so he tried to stay awake for as long as he could. It seemed he was reaching his limit though, as his eyes kept trying to close shut.

"Minami!" He nearly jumped in surprise when his manager called his name, nearly shouting. "What're you doing?"

He turned to face the lady and scratched his neck in embarrassment. "S...sorry. I'll get back to work right away."

He probably had dark circles under his eyes (or just looked terrible all overall), which made the manager give him a sympathetic look. He didn't want to talk though, and just quickly walked to the tables to take the customer's orders.

"Sounds like a fine opportunity to me! To tell you the truth, I'm not a fan of crowded places anyhow, so it'll be nice to get off the busy streets." Whitney smiled. "Hopefully my phone will turn on. I ought to take lots of pictures to show everyone back home." In all the commotion, she had thought her phone fell out of her pocket, but it seemed to stubbornly remain in her pants pocket the whole time. "But I'm sure if it doesn't, they got something fancier than a disposable camera to suffice."
===================================================

"Right-o!" Orso climbed out of bed and landed on the linoleum of the room with a quiet squeak from the pads of his feet. "The terminal's got lots of crowds, so hopefully we can work with someone who has ticket information. I don't think we'll get far on leads using just our eyes there."

"Most people are busy now anyways, since of what happen earlier, so it will be a breeze to go through the building. No commotions and all." Gravity Girl dig through her pockets. 

"Well, if you want, you can use my phone." Gravity Girl took out her phone, and noticed the message. "Heroes Organization, huh? Probably some useless information... I'll check it out later." Gravity Girl thought to herself, before ignoring the message. "Let's exchange numbers when we get the chance." "I'm having fun anyways, haven't got a day off for years." 

As both of them entered the Imperial Region Building, the scenery is full of shops. It was like an mall, but it was more than that. It had theaters, concerts, arcades and much more. There were so many shops for one to attend and buy. Gravity Girl noticed a cake shop.

"Cake shop huh? Want take a visit there, Whitney?"

======================

"Right!" Red said, slowly getting out of bed. "Let's not waste anytime... uhh.. where's the terminal again? This is the first time I visit here..."

(My apologizes for not replying to this one. I could have sworn I did.  XD)

"Totally! I wouldn't mind giving you my number at all." Whitney seemed happy a hero like Gravity Girl was so casual with a civilian like her. She always seen the organization made up of rather serious individuals. "I haven't visited a bakery in years! Last I recall, I was just a child and it was my grandmother's bakery. She made the best creme puffs." 
=======

"Hmm... it shouldn't be far from here. It's down south." Orso answered as they exited the room. "Luckily, the transportation here is speedy, so wecan catch up to Lyrik as quickly as he'd left."

(It's cool)

Gravity Girl enjoy Whitney's cheerful expression. She wondered if Imperial Region Building is able to take her minds off of what transpired in Port Graham. "Let's see if this cake shop can make creme puffs comparable to your grandma's!" She entered the shop. "Hello~!" Her voice echo across the room. 

=========

"Oh really? This place is weird." Red responded and followed Orso. "I remember getting on those things and decided to take a power nap. Before I even closed my eyes, I was already at my destination."

Futaro was cleaning a table when he heard someone's voice at the entrance of the shop. He looked up and went over to greet the customers. "Welcome to Cake Love." He smiled at the two ladies. Then he noticed one of them was familiar. "You are- Gravity Girl, aren't you?"

"Hmm? Yes, I am." Gravity Girl answered as she floated freely around Futaro. "Whitney and I just stopped by to have some delicious cakes and other bakery items. So please take good care of us."

"O... Of course. It's our pleasure." Futaro smiled, trying his best to make his tired face look better. He eas in fact a bit more pressured now. If he fall asleep when a hero was here it would be bad. "Please feel free to choose any cake you like and bring them to the counter. The lime cupcake is our newest addition. We also have a 30% discount for Hero Organization members."

"Why thank you!" Gravity Girl said, looking at the cakes. "Find anything that interest you, Whitney?"

Poor guy looks like he needs some rest, Whitney thought as she silently waved to Futaro. Maybe he's one of the employees that have to come in at the crack of dawn to make all this stuff for the big city's customers? The thought went away after Gravity Girl went over to look at the desserts.

"Hm... I might try the key lime cupcake." Whitney said as she assessed all the desserts laid out in the display case. "Maybe I'll have a slice of one of the strawberry cakes. They look so artsy!" Her sweet tooth wasn't finicky, she felt that she'd enjoy just about anything the cake shop had, which made it hard to choose just one.

"This city's one of the ones that gets all the latest technology. Empire State's all about speed and efficiency, I guess. Hopefully we can ask someone to access the surveillance cameras around the station, since this is a missing person's case. Wonder what made Lyrik leave the hospital so quickly?" Orso said as the train station came to view shortly.

The look on Whitney's face, as she observed through the lines of desserts, left a smile on her face. Before she can pick one herself, she noticed a rapid vibration from her cell phone. She'd pulled it out and saw over hundred of text messages from the Heroes Organization on a possible God Level Threat in hos complex. She narrowed her eyes and turned to Whitney for a moment. She cannot afford to ignore this call, but it pains her that she had t leave Whitney for a while because it's rare for her to hang out with another person without constant workload piled up on her.

"Whitney," Gravity Girl placed her hand on Whitney's shoulder. "There's seem to be an emergency situation that I needed to take care of.."  

==========

"Maybe he had a family emergency or something?" Red responded as he yawned. He noticed a crowd of people surrounded the train station with authorities blocking them. "Whoa, what the heck is going on there?"

"I see. Duty calls, huh?" Whitney scratched the back of her head. "I guess I can hang around here for a bit and eat my food leisurely before I go looking for a gift shop to bring back to my coworkers later. I'll be alright now that I've got a clean bill of health. You go and do what you gotta do. I may as well give you my number now-- seein' as you'll have your hands full for a while." She reached over the shop counter to borrow a pen, scribbling her phone number onto an abandoned scrap of paper before handing it over to Gravity Girl with a smile. While it was a bit disheartening, Whitney understood that being a hero meant you'd always have to be on call at the ready. "Maybe you ought to come to the diner when we fix it back up. We make some mean milkshakes. You stay safe out there, alright?" Whitney gave Gravity Girl a big grin.
=================
Orso trotted over to one of the officers stationed at the block, a tiny squeak coming from his feet with every step. "Scuse me! Did something happen here?" He asked as he got through the crowd.

Gravity Girl grabbed the paper and returned a smile. "Thank you, and you stay safe as well!" Gravity Girl gave Whitney a big hug before departing the building. She checked her phone, after entering Whitney's number, to see the texts. "An alien mage, I need to act fast." She jumped towards the air and began to use her gravity to give her a boost to fly over hos complex.

=========

"Huh? There's a been an attack at the train station in hos complex by some strange magician. All trains had been disabled until the problem been resolved to avoid further casualties." The officer replied. "Hey.." He took a closer look. "Aren't you the hero Orso? You need to go over there!"

Red came from behind, finally got through the crowd. "M-man... that was tough. Hey Oros, what's the holdup?"

Whitney watched Gravity Girl depart before sighing to herself, as she found herself alone again for the time being. "What a day..." She approached the dessert counter to place her order. "I'll have a slice of strawberry cake for here, please."

=============

Orso sweated a bit. "E-eh? Just now?" He turned to face Red and explained the problem. "The station is closed because someone is attacking Hos Complex! Lyrik might have gone on to track him down and corner him with the other heroes."

"W-what!? Then we ought to head there real fast before he gets killed!" Red said. "But how are we'll able to get there? Isn't that pretty far away?"

"Yeah, but Sneck disappeared for a long time right and he didn't say anything about his whereabouts..." Red became concerned.

"You guys need a ride? I think I can give you some assistance." Pilotman appeared. "Looks like there had been another attack, huh?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom