Hero City City

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Forgive the fleabag, he's used to living in caves and sleeping in the dirt." Asuza said absentmindedly while looking out the window idly. She was preoccupied with other thoughts at the moment, grabbing a bottle of water from the little fridge.

"It's fine... I'm just not comfortable talking about it right now." Liza said. "We just need to hurry up and get the information we need." 

"I'm not much of a drinker," Bob said. "So I'll take some water." He grabbed one and sat down. "So, what are we planning to do?"

"Assuming my hunch is right and they are, those guys are probably going back to Lemon headquarters. So we need equipment to do so." Liza responded.

Vox says "I should ask what our plan once we get there?" Vox starts to drank his soda. Vox thinks "I hope I wrong my hunch of her plan."  Vox says

"For starters, if the Lemons are taking Nicori back to their headquarters in Los Demonios, we need to be smart. We can't just waltz in there and not expect any sort of issues." Liza said. "We need to be discreet in our approach. So there's some equipment that we can use that will enable us to enter the city without much of a problem. There's an device that can change our appearance for a brief moment to enter the city...." The limousine arrived at the huge house, Imperial Regional Mansion. The area, filled with flowers, many smaller houses and the sort that it could, be confused as a town.

"We have arrived, Madam." The butler said.

Vox thinks "Good she is using her head and I willing to try it that fancy way."  Vox says "I hope all are acting skills are good if we are disguising our self's." Vox thinks "I hope I just being paranoid."

"That makes sense..." Asuza agrees. "I imagine if we cross their paths outside of their hideout, we can't confront them and let our abilities directly give us away either. Even if we manage to blend in with the crowd, how are we gonna get into their headquarters? We can't all sneak in at once without a big risk of getting caught."

"W-well! I did manage to get the lead role many times back when I was a small one!" Bob proudly said. 

"I suppose that not everyone needs a disguise then. One-Eye already looks like a villain." Iceik said in a calm manner. He looked over, seeing One-Eye giving him a look. "I-I mean! It's a compliment! You don't have to overdo it!" 

"Aside from that, I have an idea of how we can get into the headquarters. They're based on passwords to actually get in and I happened to know a few of them." Liza said.

"You sure know a lot about this Lemons stuff, don't you?" Bob said.

"I just happened to know things!" Liza said, leading the group to the mansion. Inside the mansion was several maids and butlers that stopped when Liza and the group entered.

Vox thinks "I lost track how number times I pulled some thing like this."  Vox says "If one knows know to do it getting intel is simple."

Asuza held her silence. She knows far more about LEMONs than I would expect just about anyone to. I wonder if she's been involved with them in the past...? She didn't want to press further about the matter because it felt rude and Liza was their only lifeline to getting to Nicori quickly.

"Lady Liza! Welcome home!" One of the butlers said. 

"Nevermind the welcoming party. You have the things I requested?" Liza asked.

"Yes, they should be in the dining hall. Everything is prepped and ready to go." 

"Good." Liza turns to the others. "Follow me." Liza walked towards the dining hall.

Vox thinks "This feels to simple especially if my sources are on the mark about the relationship between her and her parents." Vox follows but keeps an close eye on things but dos not seem like he is.

What an awkward entrance... Asuza hesitantly followed the group feeling like she was intruding. She said nothing but instead chose to just look at the surroundings. It's just so strange...

The awkwardness continued as Liza lead them to the dining hall. Upon the walls, there were plenty of portraits of people, people that seem to be rather malicious looking to be heroes. Could they be politicians? Regardless, Liza pointed to the table that had the equipment needed. 

“Alright, this is the device that will allow disguise to infiltrate the headquarters without worry.” Liza was fixing the device. “The only issue is that there’s a bit of a time-limit. So we need to act fast and get him out of there without fooling around. Though, I’m sure since none of us aren’t going to waste much time, so it’s nothing to worry about.”

Iceik yank Asuza's skirt. "Hey," Iceik whispered. "Don't you think it's a bit odd that Liza suddenly brought us here and have all these kind of information about Lemons dudes? Don't you think it's rather... a coincidence and rather convenient? What's next? She knows the secret entranceway to the headquarters?"

“Plus, I do have an idea of where the secret entranceway of the headquarters is located,” Liza said.

“See…?” Iceik looked around and notice the strange looks they have been getting. "And the people who worked here has been giving us the look for a while now."

"I guess you're right about that..." Asuza didn't quite like having so many eyes on her.

"Say, how come you have all this fancy technology and know so much about LEMON if we met you back in Paradice?" She asked Liza, seeming to not spare any politeness about potentially asking something personal. "You know a lot about Empire State despite being a mage... and I assume this isn't a friend's house you're borrowing for the day."

"It ain't necessarily a bad thing, but it's kind of odd you know so much about them to the point of infiltrating their base. Not exactly information a regular nosy person would know about..."

Vox thinks as he passes some older pictures of him "I would normally reminisce about old times about times I chose to run Hero but this is not the time nor the place." 

Vox says as a matter of fact "I willing to trust Liza, she had a plenty chances back stab us Asuza."

"Yeah! Maybe Liza is just one of those people who have a passion for researching things?” Bob said. “If Vox trusts her, then I’m throwing in my trust as well.” 

Liza sweated a bit. “Thanks, but its fine. Obviously, I’m not a native to Paradice, but to Empire State. As for my information, don’t take this as the wrong way or anything. I’m not a spy nor is an agent of some sort, if that an assumption you’re making.” Liza replied.

Iceik rubbed his chin. “So you’re an Empiran? Strange, usually people here sought to become heroes or business people.” 

“Well, I tried to get away from the past of my family, as you’re correct, this is my home. I guess you can say that my family had a history with the LEMONs.” Liza said as she configured the device.

"Oh, don't get the wrong idea. If I didn't trust you, I wouldn't have bothered to follow you here even if I'm in a hurry to rescue Nicori," Asuza denied the accusations with a flat tone. "Just found it out of place for a mage to know the ins and outs of Empire State is all. Even so, I would know a mole when I see one."

"I take it they don't exactly like LEMONs either?" She asked to dismiss the strange air around them. Asuza constantly trained her eyes to avoid looking at the unsettling eyes of the portraits.

Vox thinks "that an understatement if I ever heard one."  Vox asks "I so shooed we divide in groups? If so how do we divide?" Vox thinks "I wonder if they will show up with comedic timing?"

"I suppose you can say that, but I think the history can wait a bit. Nevermind the servants and butlers, they won't do anything." Liza said. "Only thing I can say is that the LEMONs were a major part of my family for decades. Something that I too ashamed to acknowledge, but I'll fill in the details some other time."

Liza picked up the equipment and toss each device to them. I configure the device that alters our looks to become more "LEMONs" like." Liza said. "How you take the appearance is up to you, but I recommended not trying to be too flashy if you catch my drift." 

Bob looked at the device. "You say that place that these guys live is heavily guarded. Is there a leader of some sort?" 

"Yeah. The arch-nemesis of the Legendary Image-Man." Liza said. "We shouldn't have to worry about him though. He hasn't done a thing for centuries last time I heard. But we still have to be careful though. Hence, the division of groups is a sound idea, but only when we're countered." She answered Vox. "Last thing we want is a chaotic situation where they pick us off one-by-one if we get caught."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom