Grimsby Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the opportunity was given thanks to the combination of Vala and Gold, Excalik held his blade tightly and rushed towards the ghouls that were staggered from the light. His body increased in terms of speed, rushing the foes with many strikes onto their bodies.

Z used her chance to spin her pencil around and stabbed a couple of the nearby ghouls. She seemed to have her typical cocky grin on her face and with each stabbed ghoul, she would proceed to slam them to the floor.

Each and every one of the ghouls hit by the group's combined attacks howled in pain before being ultimately destroyed now that they had no form of escape, the blinding light rendering them unable to predict and act before anyone's hit could land a blow. Their deaths were made pronounced by hissing noises and their bodies dissipating into ashes that faded in the air.

Once the light faded, it all became silent once more with only the faint rustling of leaves from the canopy above.

The raven spread its wings and flew off with the other birds as they fled from the sight. It flew off in a different direction however, over the courtyard and towards the manor through the leaves.

Vala took in a deep breath, being overwhelmed a bit from that bright light energy Gold helped her cast. "Hopefully we won't need to use so much magic energy inside..." she said breathlessly.

==================

Not later, the same Raven flew in from a broken window, eventually landing on the carpet of a room in the top floor; presumably the Belmont's large study that doubled as an office.

The raven soon transformed into a young woman with straight black hair and pale skin, with crimson eyes. She had a pair of black feathered wings on her back, which slightly spread as she bowed in front of the figure sitting in Lord Belmont's office chair, obscured by the shadows the cloudy day cast in the unlit study. 

"It appears we have intruders, Miss." The feathered woman said. 

"We do? I thought you and the sentry ghouls could take care of any human stupid enough to try and meddle with my plans!" Said the figure, with a feminine voice. "And I invested so much mana into creating them, what a shame. Oh well!"

"If they want come inside and play, let's allow them~ I'm sure they're dying to play with our little friends~" the figure began to loudly giggle to herself before promptly stopping. "You're dismissed. Alert the others about the little group that's come to crash our party."

"Yes, Miss." The raven-woman bowed again as her form disappeared with a cloud of black feathers, teleporting off to carry the message to the other creatures within the manor.

"You're okay?" Excaik walked up towards Vala. "Seems that you overexert yourself."

"I'll be fine. I'm not used to doing magic like that... especially after the last job." Vala caught her breath eventually. "Otherwise I'll be out of any energy before we fight it all off... then it's just going to affect me physically, more than I already am. Inside." She started to walk into the manor. "I'll be alright. We'll cover the paladin for now."

LoopyPanda said:
"I'll be fine. I'm not used to doing magic like that... especially after the last job." Vala caught her breath eventually. "Otherwise I'll be out of any energy before we fight it all off... then it's just going to affect me physically, more than I already am. Inside." She started to walk into the manor. "I'll be alright. We'll cover the paladin for now."

"Alright." Excalik said, then turns towards Gold. "I'll take that offer for healing. I have a feeling that whatever inside .. will prove a greater threat than these ghouls we just faced."

"If you can cover yourself, that could strain us less." Vala said, looking up at the mansion before opening the two doors without any resistance.

"... Whatever is here knows we are by now."

Z-Clone floated by Vala's side and eventually came to a rest on top of her head. She seemed exhausted even though she barely did much. She kept her scary mask on, assuming it would scare away any other ghouls they might spot. She held her tiny hands up, almost as if she was trying to be scary.

"With Vala as my transportation, I shall be the scariest thing in this house, non~?" Z-Clone giggled. "But the ghouls might be more scared of Vala than my scary mask~"

Arlen walked up to the group, breathing heavily.

"I finally caught up.. I got caught up in some sort of ambush while we were walking... Had to spend three mags on those things.."

Excalik enter the area. He looked around and felt a strange feeling upon his body. "This is giving me the creeps.. reminds me back home where friends and I went inside a haunted mansion, looking for a ghost..." Excalik noticed Arlen coming in. "Glad you caught up with us."

"It's going to be hard to keep together with potential ambushes around..." Vala muttered. "Split?" She posed the statement as more of a suggestion than a question. "There's enough of us to cover equal ground. If you find Belmont, send out a signal. Or backup."

"I have no problem with that. Covers more ground snd makes the mission even faster." Excalik said.

"Split up~? Is that safe~? Especially after the monsters present in this home~?" Z-Clone said, concerned. She kept with Vala, however, gripping on to her hair. "I believe I am a tad too small to send for any back up~ I will stick with Vala and sneak into tiny holes which might offer clues~" Z-Clone tapped at Vala's head. "You must be thrilled~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom