Grimsby Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My job as a Paladin is to heal and protect." He said, as the armor on those gathered around him thickened. "My devotion aura will protect you by increasing your armor's ability to take damage. Now, Swiftfoot!" The armored horse came running and stopped infront of Gold, who hopped on.

"Unless you can keep up with me, I will scout ahead! The devotion aura will reactive when you reach me. Now, charge!" He then took off towards the manor.

"What an interesting.. fellow.." Excalik sweated a bit, noticing the little imp on his shoulders. "Let's go then.." Excalik said, moving onwards.

"Lucky for us we won't have to walk such a long distance." Vala remarked as they walked. She glanced over at Allein curiously since she felt like her mind was trying to indicate something to her, but couldn't tell what. She brushed it off as just not being used to being in a group this big.

Excalik continue his walk, but decided to catch up to Vala. "Yo.. there's something I wanted to ask.. back then at the Paris Opera House.. I noticed that you felt out of it.. did something happen?"

"Vala is scared~!" Z teased while on Excalik's shoulder. She stuck her tongue out to Vala. "She's super scared~!"

Vala locked eyes with Excalik and looked away to recall the experience. "Yeah. The second we defeated that Reliquary, I just felt some kind of pulse of... energy? I don't really know since it was just something I felt. It felt definitely ominous. Didn’t the people there seem to act a bit... off before we left?"

She soon scoffed at Z's remark. "Scared is one of the things I am not, you petulant imp."

"We must hurry and solve this mystery, I must get back to my real job, non~?" Z-Clone purred. She them stuck her tongue at Vala when being called an Imp. "I am no such thing~! Imps are ugly and stupid and weak~ I am awesome, smart, and very powerful, non~?"

Z-Clone wiggled her pencil at Vala angrily but it seemed rather cute than anything. "No more calling me an Imp~!"

Excalik seems to be phase out of the two squabbling about something. "Well, let's focus on getting the bottom of this. I think I can see that colorful character now.." He began to power walk ahead of the group to avoid awkward situations.

"Whatever you say, imp." Vala replied to the clone before picking up the pace of her walking. "He didn't have to ride on a horse over there..." she sweated. "Just leaving us in the dust like that..."

The view of the thick canopy surrounding Belmont Manor was slowly approaching. The front gates of the estate stood strong, bound shut by chains.

"Well, it certainly is larger than I thought..." Vala muttered, more to herself than the others.

"Very big and heavily chained~ How will we get through~?" Z-Clone questioned. "Anyone got a key~?

Z-Clone stared at the large gates and slowly floated to one of the chains. She attempted to tug at it but failed. She obviously wasn't one for heavy lifting.

Vala looked expectantly at Excalik. "It's probably breakable."

She could perform fire magic to heat the chain, but with all the foliage, she risked setting the estate on fire with her control.

"Well, that was rather anti climactic~" Z-Clone groaned. "I was hoping for a better entrance than this, non~? Not only easily broken but with no fun added to it~ What a shame~" Z-Clone giggled.

Vala followed suit, scanning the surroundings around her. "Getting in will be the least of our concern."

The courtyard was overshadowed by the trees, obscured further by the lack of sunlight. The silence was only worrysome. At the center of the courtyard stood a large statue with water flowing out of the vase it held.

"We ought to stay together for now until we go inside the manor." Vala suggests.

A raven stood perched among the thick canopy among the crows and mockingbirds that flew about, watching them. From how tall the trees were, it would be hard to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom