Grimsby Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wyvern, bombarded in its blindness, began to attack with reckless abandon anything within its immediate vicinity. Primarily, it would lunge forward to attempt a bite before slamming its tail in a spinning motion. Since Allein was aggressively in its business, it began to recklessly breathe its draining flames again in short bursts. Inadverdently, however, Yelysa's ranged attacks freed Simon Belmont from his webbed restraints, breaking each tough strand until he was free to move. Belmont slid down the monster's back in time to see Gorecilia's oncoming attack; with almost no delay in his movement, he swung his Beast Killer whip with a loud crack toward the large rocks, breaking them cleanly in half. Each time he cracked the whip to defend himself from the slabs of earth, it sounded like a sharp roar of thunder. His eyes glowed an eerie amber, evident of the resurrection spell controlling him.

"Uh oh..." Vala said upon watching Simon turn toward her and Excalik. "Change of plans--" she began to back up watching him close the distance between them, with the blind Wyvern still wreaking havoc all around it in efforts to attack the three girls.

The blind beast gathered up another bright glow of energy in its mouth and fired what appeared to be a light beam across the terrain between the split-up groups before the ground erupted in a great wall of fire much higher than the ones that engulfed Excalik earlier. This wall most certainly wouldn't be able to be put out as easily, and unintentionally separated Vala & Excalik from the rest of the group, with Belmont to fight by themselves.

"Well, guess we have better odds, don't you think?" Vala joked, although she was sweating.

"Hahaha! What an unexpected turn of events." The necromancer was having a hoot watching them struggle with the battle, although she seemed unconcerned that the Wyvern was blind and losing blood quickly. Its blackened blood would splatter along the ground with each strained movement, and ran down its skin when the sisters would break though the tough scales and inflict open wounds.

“Yeah, the odds should be our favor now… but man, we gotta fight against a dead guy… this is seriously creepy. It makes my skin crawl just looking at the guy.” Excalik was shaking intensively seeing Simon’s whip crackling each time it struck the ground. “But I guess we can’t complain too much… let’s send this guy back to his grave for a permanent dirt nap.” Excalik’s smirk can see through the impression of his bandages covering his face. 

“Every weapon has a fundamental weakness… every time he swings that thing… there’s a delay where he has to whip it back for another strike… so when he does…” Squatting down, his legs increased in mass significantly, watching Simon’s movement for an opening.

"I think it's about time we try to put this poor little beast out of his misery. I will make good use of his bones and perhaps even his rotten flesh! My own personal Wyven scarf, ohohoho~" Gorecilia clapped her hands gleefully at the thought. "Now then, calmly allow me to skin your already rotting flesh inch by inch from your walking corpse!"

Gorecilia cracked her knuckles before letting her nails grow out to vicious claws. Her snake hair was poised and ready to attack, rattling noises were heard as a sign of anticipation from her anxious snake friends. Gorecilia didn't seem to wait much before rushing to the Wyven again. Despite being so large and bulky, she was surprisingly nimble. She aimed for the Wyven's face with her sharp claws, the look on her face was childish and somewhat horrific. Her snakes would lash out in attempts of biting the beast's neck, injecting venom to slow it down and render it paralyzed in due time.

"Ohohohho~! After I'm done with you, I can knit some adorable mittens out of Ol' Belmont!"

Despite being blind, there were not many places on the Wyvern's head for Gorecilia to strike with her nails, except the underside of its body including its relatively long neck. It could feel the snakes bite at it, the poison building up, but it still revealed her location in addition to where her voice was coming from. Even as the venom began to circulate in its bloodstream, the beast swung its wings forward in an effort to shrink the space around Gorecilia and forcing her to stay directly in front of it. The Wyvern quickly dipped its head and unleashed a slurry of purple flames on the ground before it. This would affect its ability to stay standing as well. Save for getting even further beneath its body to evade the mystical flames or perhaps the small space between its head and either of the wings, there was little room to flee from the flames. At this point, it would merely be a contest for the last monster standing.

===========

"And I have my own whip... maybe it's a good time to try it out on him." Vala took out the whip she had borrowed, now using her scepter one-handed. "I'll try and score a hit on him from behind." 

Simon raised his arm for a strike, observing that they weren't making any first strikes. He contemplated whom to strike first, or whether to strike both Excalik and Vala with a spin attacl. He reeled his arm back before swinging the whip for a wide sweep, aimed at the faster but physically weaker of the two. Vala made a quickstep backwards to avoid the sting of the whip, but wasn't able to evade it in time thanks to its long reach; it slashed her cloak open across the abdomen, cutting through the fabric as well as a superficial laceration across her stomach. "Damn, that thing is sharp!" Vala cursed, trying to shield her wound best she could without dropping her weapons. "I didn't think his reach was that wide... there has to be a way to get in close..."

Simon stood straight again after having taken a defensive stance, tugging his hand back to bring the whip to his side of the field once more. Without a minute to spare, he pulled his arm back for a charge attack-- most likely intending to hit Excalik next, or even Vala again to disable her from using her magic.

“Whoa!”

Excalik was already in position; it was too late for him to move out of the way in time—so he decided to drop to the ground, in hope to escape the reach of the whip. He turned around, seeing that the whip cut a piece of Vala’s cloak cleanly; the sharpness is no joke if it can easily rip through fabric of a magician. 

It was time to move from the defensive and head for the offensive—Excalik took notice that Simon was pulling his arm back for a charge attack; to prevent this opportunity, the mummified man’s legs griped tightly as he made a powerful leap from the ground, kicking up the dirt up high in the air.

In a straight line, Excalik’s speed increased the more distance he crossed; it was more efficient in moving; since most of the tombstones and other objects were not in the way of his path. The bandages on his body became to catch on fire due to moving too fast.

“Light Speed Dash!” 

He shouted as he slammed onto Simon as his body erupted into flames. He kept pushing Simon further back to the firewall created by the winged Zombified Dragon before jumping back. 

Body literally on fire, he fell to one knee on the ground, before turning slowly. His figure covered in flames, only his eyes and mouth can be made out in the scorching heat as he pointed to the figure. “This is your chance… don’t waste it (and don’t bother trying to save me… I’m fine)!” Before falling over.

"You think you can outlast me in your silly attempts to set me ablaze, wretched beast? I'll gladly show you how I make delicious mincemeat out of lizards like yourself!"

Gorecilia continued to cackle maniacally as she attempted to find a proper opening or weak spot in the Wyven's defenses. Once she realized her large size would make it difficult to escape without harm, she thought about tearing the Wyven's wing off. With the purple flames burning her legs, she needed to act quickly. Her large claws dug as best they could into the wings of the Wyven, yanking and tugging at it with her brute strength. With luck, she thought she would be able to dislocate the wing then rip it with ease. Before she had a chance to act, her entire body froze in place, even her snakes refused to move.

For a moment, a loud scream was heard in the distance, passing by the area like a gust of wind. The scream was all too familiar to Gorecilia and she knew what was to come. The yell left everyone in the area with slight nervousness and goosebumps, almost as if something bad was going to happen. As soon as the wail echoed into the distance, a weak shock wave pushed against the group and an eerie silence took over the area. Moments after the event, the area returned to normal, all noises from the battle taking over. Gorecilia, however, remained frozen in place, her face that of absolute fear. She left her completely open, her mind focused on the event that just happened.

"O-Oh no..." Gorecilia whispered to herself while her snakes shivered with terror. "Something has happened to Nicori. S-Something is not right! Master Z is going to be upset!"

"Hm? What a ghastly noise..." The necromancer had taken to wearing headphones and reading a book while the fight began to wane, but even she heard the scream, having taken off one side of the headset. Although the soundwave nearly tripped Vala over off her balance, the witch stayed neatly in suspension-- not even a lock of hair ruffled. Although, for some reason, she turned her head in a different direction to pick up the sound. Shrugging, she put the headphones back on. "Very far away... I wonder what made such an eldritch screech."

Once the soundwave passed, it was Simon who sailed through the air and the pile of descending flames. The Wyvern, distracted by the scream, responded to the commotion with a slow turn of its head-- the poison was beginning to affect its nervous system. Simon only stopped after hitting Gorecilia's thorax, before landing on the floor. Quickly regaining his senses, he saw the fire consuming them, and his eyes locked onto Gorecilia's back. Without hesitation, he raised his arm for a strike with the Beast killer.

Just then, he felt a burning sensation all over his arm, so painful he had to let go of the whip. 

"Over here!"

Vala had thrown a jar of holy water at him, and it began to eat through his muscle. Without saying anything, he turned toward her and made a move to try and exit the flames. The Wyvern turned its head at the sudden noise and began moving toward Vala as well, with a slowing gait. 

"You better get out of the way now, Spider-butt!" Vala took out a flask of some kind of liquid she had taken from the nuns. It was the magical nitro, that would easily explode if she disturbed the liquid and gave it a source of flame. In the other hand, she had her scepter that glowed red at the jewel's center. Shaking the flask, she threw the nitro first at a high arc, enough to let Gorecilia move out of the way now that the Wyvern wasn't blocking her way out. Holding the scepter like a golf club, it started to glow a brighter red. "It's about to get messy!"

"I.. I have to move!" She felt Simon bump on to her thorax and growled. "You little pervert!"

Before the giant spider-woman had time to react to Simon, she overheard Vala's voice and realized that she had something up her sleeve. Gorecilia huffed and dashed away from Simon as Vala ordered her to do so. She felt a strain from the flames eating away at her life and energy. A few of her snakes perished and fell off her head, slowly disintegrating as they dropped to the floor. The arachnid bounced on top of the Wyvern with a thud then up again to a safer distance, away from the chaos. As she tried to compose herself, she was still distracted by the events that just happened.

This is certainly not good! This type of energy, this vile air, spreading across the world. Could it be... could it be that Master Z has lost control of the entity within her? I am useless all the way over here, I only hope that Faunix or Lix can stop her before the unspeakable happens!

The bottle of nitro shattered, covering the Wyvern's legs and most of the front of its body with the strange substance. Simon shielded his eyes from the explosion, but his arms became drenched with it; glass also wedged into the Wyvern's exposed wounds. Although Simon made little more than a grunt of annoyance, the Wyvern let out a sharp cry before growling aggressively with the intent to attack Vala. Enraged, they continued to linger in the accursed flames, sapping away their inorganic life faster and faster.

"Here we go!"

Before either of the two could identify what was thrown at them, Vala swung her scepter to cast large firestrikes in the shape of crescent moons. Mixing in with the wyvern's flames, it produced a ghastly magenta color of flames. The nitro reacted with the strange fire at an accelerated rate, before causing the two enemies to burst alight with the magenta fire. The Wyvern screeched in agony as the smell of burnt rotten flesh filled the air. It stumbled, as its charred scales began to fall to the ground, turning immediately into ashes.

"Shouldn't be long now..." Vala said, exhausted.

The necromancer watched them from above, with a neutral expression on her face. "Hm," was all she had to say. She made no move, choosing to passively watch her servants fall.

The energy seems to have manifested to much greater heights... Oh dear, I only pray the other two are on top of this situation. 

The spider-woman then turned to see the burst of fire Vala engulfed both beast and master in. In a way, her worries disappeared after seeing such a magnificent display. 

"Hmph, it's about time that disgusting beast burned," Gorecilia remarked. "Shame though, I wanted to use his parts as decorations for my latest design."

Gorecilia let out a sigh of disappointment and shrugged.

"I guess that means the end of both Simon and the wretched creature he controlled. I am impressed this little witch can conjure such a devastating spell in combination with the items she'd gotten earlier. Clever girl..."

A scent of burning, rotten flesh tainted the air, causing Excalik, still engulfed by the flames due to his own speed, to make a comment. “Man… the smell of rotten flesh… disgusting…” His words slurred. “You, you guys did it…”

Vala tried to catch her breath from the sudden exhaustion. She managed to give the two a thumbs up. But before they could celebrate their victory, they were reminded that the one who summoned them was still looming over them. 

"Are you finished?" The necromancer drawled.

The dark witch peered down at them, slowly descending until her feet touched the ground. Her form was now fully visible and allowed them to match the voice from before to the new face.

Necromancer theme
Kagiyama.Hina.600.862681.jpg

"How come you have to go around ruining my plans? Do you think mildly inconveniencing me will make me throw in the towel and call it quits?" She taunted.

"Not when we kill you right here and now!" Vala threatened. This made the necromancer laugh a maniacal jeer.

"Is that so!? Haha, look at you! You can barely manage to stand, and your friend over there is busy cooking himself. Don't think I didn't see that curse mark on your body back at the mansion." The witch said.

Vala narrowed her eyes and grit her teeth in rage. "It doesn't matter. You don't have any defenses left anyway."

The mage made a lazy shrug, her smirk unwavering. "Perhaps I don't. But I know for a fact you can't hit me here. I'll even let you all go for first blood if you feel like it." She spread out her arms and waited. "I'm just warning you that it'll be pointless."

"It appears that this Necromancer wanted us to waste time and energy with her little toys so she wouldn't have to put as much effort in fighting us. What an amusing little thing she is." Gorecilia giggled, her snake hair hissing directly at the Necromancer. "I believe we are at a disadvantage, especially if that friend of ours is burning to a crisp. He smells absolutely putrid. Perhaps we can throw him at this Necromancer and hope that the smell distracts her."

Gorecilia let out a sigh, but even she felt the weight of strain that came from the battle they just had and doubted she could last long against the Necromancer. Even her snakes were showing signs of fatigue. 

"Quite the situation we are in, don't you agree, little Vala? Do you have a plan to stop the dreaded Necromancer or would you prefer that we run?"

Excalik tried to moved, his body was heavily damaged from his earlier stunt. "Speak for yourself, Rotten Eggs... I can still moved.. a bit..." Excalik struggled to stand on his burnt legs. "Come on... let's take this chick out."

The necromancer tilted her head with a sarcastic smile on her face watching Excalik hobble about. "Now this is just sad... what are you gonna do, cowboy, make me laugh to death?"

"Don't be stupid!" Vala said. "Maybe if you decided not to toast yourself, we'd be able to do something!" Not wanting to run, she took another bottle of explosive and tossed it at the necromancer's feet. The bottle exploded into a cascade of flames, making Vala smile in surprise. "S-see? I bet she ran out of mana from doing all those summonings and..." Vala trailed off.

The fire died down as quickly as it came, and the witch didn't remotely look burned from the attack. "I told you, it's pointless." She stuck her tongue out at them mockingly. "You didn't think I was going to show up here by myself after all the energy I spent trying to pull this all off, did you? You Desolatians aren't the sharpest tools in the shed huh..."

"She was a projection this whole time!? Damn it all..." Vala cursed, stepping back instinctively.

"Well, yeah, I thought it was kinda obvious..." the necromancer picked her ears. "Fighting would just be a waste of time seeing as I can't actually hit you myself. I also kinda ran out of mana resurrecting that old man and the Wyvern," she smiled sheepishly before her expression brightened up. "I know! Why don't we play a game!? Like a scavenger hunt! If you win, you can find out where I am and fight me for real. Overrunning the lands with monsters is gonna be boring if I go unopposed, and knowing you blockheads, we'll probably cross paths again." She asked casually although the entire idea was completely ridiculous.

"Oh dear, another obstacle the little Witch puts before us." Gorecilia mocked. "I guess she fears the power she saw in us and is only hiding behind tricks and riddles to buy a few more hours in her pathetic life. How adorable! I think it's rather cute when they squirm, and it makes killing them that much more satisfying~! Such a shame that this one is just a mere projection."

Gorecilia clapped her hands with glee, thinking up many creative ways to kill and recycle the Necromancer for her personal use. Her snakes were still on guard, hissing to the Necromancer, a few attempting to strike out but the distance between the two got them nowhere. The Spider-Lady gently tapped at her pets, calming them down and returning them to give her a casual look she always had.

"Now now girls, you'll get a chance to sink your pretty little fangs into her flesh. I certainly hope that she can handle the venom better than that Wyven, with her petite body, the potency might just melt her from the inside~!" Gorecilia giggled at the thought. "Anyways, what do you wish for us to do, little Necromancer?"

"Y-yeah.. that's my bad." Excalik narrowed his eyes. "Treating this like it's some kind of game, eh Rotten lady?!" He went down on his knees. "Don't listen to this crazy chick!"

"Sorry, my carnivorous chelicerate, but I don't think I would taste that appetizing... then again, nothing around here would taste that good in general. You shouldn't eat anything you find off the ground, you don't know where it's been!" The necromancer scolded. "Besides, if it were so easy to find me, I'd have been arrested by the leaders in Paradice long ago. You don't just go around finding the tomes of forbidden magic and allow yourself to be found, you know."

"Is this just a game to you!?" Vala demanded. "You've got to be kidding me... you're just stalling for time."

"Well, considering the world is going to break down into chaos soon, I may as well have fun in the process. I'm just taking advantage of the calm before the storm, you see," she said before grasping an object resembling a crystal ball knowing she would be questioned. "Something far bigger than us is starting to brew... whatever has begun, it has started a chain of very unfortunate events! My crystal showed me everything, see? Though not all of it was something I saw ahead of time..."

The necromancer placed her hand over the ball and performed another spell, casting a second projection that looked like a stop-motion picture of everything major that had been going on in Booga: it showed Broly destroying Port Graham, Los Demonios being destroyed by the boss of LEMON and Z, the head of the Sisterhood, the Solarian attacking Hos Complex, and even the collapse of an old temple out of the sky. 

Vala stared at the flashing images with a deep sense of confusion, realizing what was going on as the witch continued her speech. For once, she had nothing to say as a retort. The images looked too real to be made-up. 

"I have no wish to fight weak opponents. For some reason, this loss… doesn’t feel like one. It feels like I’ve gained more than I could have imagined. My intention is not solely to overrun the lands with beasts. I'm using it to learn all I can and bring back the old Magic Paradice insisted we lock away when it has potential to do so much more." The witch pointed to herself with a haughty smirk. "I intend to become the strongest mage of Ancient Magics. Nobody has dared to understand the limits and counters to the forbidden arts, so mastering them will make me nigh-untouchable. 

"Doesn't mean I can't have a little fun on the way; don't worry about it being an aimless search around Booga. I'll be in touch~ I'll give you little breadcrumbs to lead you to where I am," the witch explained. "If you can connect all the pieces together, I'll personally invite you to my abode. Then we'll see who the real winner will be. Maybe we'll cross paths again before that. I just want you to remember one tiny detail for now-- my name is Eowyn."

“Soon? What kind of drivel nonsense are you talking about? Did the forbidden magic scrambled your head with nothing but nonsense?” Excalik became irritated by her talks, even though he wondered what she meant about the world going down in chaos soon. Using the last bits of his strength, he grabbed a nearby rock and flick it towards her. He is aware that she’s simply projecting herself, but he had grown tired of her talks.

Gorecilia's blood ran colder than usual upon seeing the images of Z destroying an entire city as well as the Sisterhood being attacked. She knew that once she returned before Z, she would have a lot of explaining to do. However, the arachnid tried her best to keep her calm demeanor but her purple sweat made her stand out a little more than usual.

Oh my... Z will certainly not be happy when she arrives back in the Sisterhood. That scream was no doubt Nicori, and by the looks of it, Z is not holding back any limits. I just hope that everyone comes back okay, and more importantly, Nil doesn't escape Z's grasp...

"Hmph, Eowyn? I'll be sure to sketch it down on your tombstone," spat Gorecilia. "You better hope that you're more powerful than how you're making yourself up to be. It would be a shame if you were all talk. Then again, it would make killing you less of a hassle."

The spider-Lady shrugged. 

"However, I suppose we have no choice but to follow your little games."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom