Grimsby Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorecilia slid back a few feet and seemed annoyed at the mess and struggle this battle was taking in. She knew she had to pick up the pace or her work would literally go up in flames. The snakes would extend a few feet to snap and bite away at any debris flung at Gorecilia or her web work. The spider lady glanced over to the large beast as she listened to Vala.

"I certainly do not like to run but I suppose you have a point." Gorecilia nodded in agreement with Vala. "I'm almost done with a lasso we can use to pull Simon off." The large monster skittered over to Vala as she hastily worked on a very strong but flexible and somewhat sticky lasso. "We must make haste ma'am, if this Simon catches us I believe we might be in for a world of hurt. Perhaps after this lasso I should continue working on a net to tangle that putrid beast of his..."

"Then I'll help Excalik damage it while you finish up on that lasso." Vala charged forward and did several sweeps with her staff, sending multitudes of crescent-shaped beams of white light towards the Wyvern, making it screech loudly as the scales on its damaged wing were further damaged, exposing more of its rotting flesh underneath the charred scales. Its right wing now showed visible red lacerations where Vala's magic had struck it.

Simon yanked on one of the chains attached to the beast to turn its attention to the sudden movements going on at its side, prompting it to pull back its tail before swinging it outwards in Excalik's direction, aiming to knock him back like it did the girls. This move, hasty as it was, lacked the power it did before due to having no charge-up. Vala had no time to get out of the way, so she was sent sailing back toward Gorecilia. Picking her staff back up, she wheezed to get the air back into her lungs.

"Damn, that thing hit me hard! Overgrown lizard..." She spat, trying to shake off the sudden blow.

Its mouth had wisps of purple pseudoflames emanating outward, indicating it was going to follow up soon enough with an attack from its toothy maw.

Excalik's forehead was wet from the constant sweat due to the combination of being heavily active and fear of fighting against the undead. The Wyvern's tail being swung towards his direction, Excalik tried to jump over it, but underestimate the speed of its tail. Failing to take account of the Wyvern's speed, it struck his feet, causing him to be spun around like a ball before colliding onto the floor. 

"S-shit! That thing is fast!" Excalik said, forcing himself back up on his two feet. He narrowed his eyes, noticing the red markings on the Wyvern's right wing. "I need to distract it!" Exaclik once again went to the side, kicking up a bit more speed this time around. He generally tried to avoid going fast due to the closed space and the abundance of tombs everywhere: the possibility of crashing onto things and inflicting more self-damage was high in close quarters, but in this case, he had to make due of what he had. Upon his side again, he swung the beast whip towards the Wyvern's right wing, using his speed to give it a bit more power.

"Oh my!" Gorecilia held an arm out to hold Vala in place while the girl regained her footing. Her snake hair hissed in distress from the purple flames spitting out from the beast's mouth. "I believe this monster is about to incinerate us if we stand here any longer. Such an inconvenience!"

Gorecilia put her lasso sewing on holds and gently lifted Vala up by the tuff of her robe and placed her just a few feet behind her and made sure to shield her using her large thorax. Without hesitation, Gorecilia slammed her hand to the ground and long sharp claws dug deep into the earth in order for her to pull out a enormous chunk of rock. The spider effortlessly held the slab of rock over her head which almost blocked out the entire sky for both her and Vala. 

"Now then, stand still and let me crush your bones! I need new parts for my sewing kit! Ahaaaahahaha~!" The spider laughed maniacally before throwing the slab to the Wyven. However, as soon as she was done with her part she quickly resumed to creating the lasso in order to aid the others. Her insane moment was covered by a sweet and warm smile that she offered to Vala. "No worries young lady, I'm almost done with this lasso! Just hang in there for another minute or so."

Simon glanced between Excalik and the enormous slab of earth sailing towards him and the Wyvern, the beast he sat upon becoming more aggressive with Excalik. Forcibly, Simon yanked the chains to force it to direct its blast to the huge rock instead. The attack charged in the Wyvern's mouth was released as a seemingly thin beam of light struck a white line, bisecting the rock before it exploded outward in a cascade of rocks that caught 'fire', descending down on the cemetery. A palpable pulse of energy radiated from the collision, shaking the ground. The cost for terminating the immediate threat was allowing Excalik to continue without interruption, save for the flaming rock shards falling down from the sky.

The Wyvern could not move out of the way of the whip's reach, for it rotated its entire body away from Excalik-- the whip struck through the base of the damaged wing and down part of the torso it was connected to. As the beast whip hit, what appeared to be sparks skidded out from the scales as it made contact, deepening the injuries on the right wing. In pain, the Wyvern turned back toward Excalik and let out a piercing shriek of pain. Without awaiting a signal from Simon, it made a wild charge forward at Excalik with its maw agape again. To force him away, the Wyvern blasted flames onto the ground in front of itself; a white mist appeared before combusting into tall walls of purple flames. These were accursed flames that did not burn flesh, but would gradually sap the life force of anything it touched the longer the contact was, human or plant.

"Excalik!" Vala shouted. Gritting her teeth, she thrust her staff at it and took aim, trying to find Excalik through the flames rising high up in hopes she could cast a bubble shield on him. "Even if that thing defies the natural laws, it doesn't have infinite energy to keep fighting so recklessly. I fear what would happen if we get rid of Simon first..." She began firing magic to disintegrate the falling rocks posing another field hazard in the meantime. "But its attacks won't be so planned out, so we could dogpile it right after."

The snakes on her head began to strike at any falling rocks that threaten Gorecilia's work or hurt her. As the fight continued before her the spiderlady hummed a peaceful little tune. Working in a quick pace she finally finished a rather long lasso made of her own silk: it was very strong, flexible, and slightly sticky to whoever was caught in its loop. Gorecilia tested the strength by pulling it on certain points and seemed satisfied by her work.

"Alright young lady! The lasso is ready for use~!" Gorecilia chuckled. "Let's snare that nasty beast when he least expects it."

Excalik's eyes widen as the purple flames came to his direction. Due to the time it took to retract his whip, he failed to get out of the way of the fiery blaze.

He could have ran away in high speeds, but once again, it would increase the risk of injuring himself and others. Closed quarters was hard and the falling rocks of fire creates more obstacles for him to be aware of. Excalik, caught between a hard and a rock place, fall to his knees as the rubble in the soils pierce his skin. His arms, by instinct, went up towards his chest and throat, making gesture that he was running out of air to breathe. Despite the flames not burning his flesh, he felt the sensation of his life being snap every second. His eyes watered, his left hand clenches onto his shirt and bared his teeth, grinning them as hard as he could.

"I need to get out of here. I can feel my life slipping from my hands." Excalik, struggling, stood up from his knees and tried to turn the other way, but the flames was too much. "V-ala..  Gorecilia... those two girls..." He took the hat off of his head. "If I use this... they might find where I'm at..." 

As hard as he could, he tosses his hat towards the Wyvern. His plan was to reveal his location to the others and save him and served as a distraction for the beast to focus on it.

"Think you can snare it up while I try and find Excalik in the flames?" Vala used her staff to boost herself onto Gorecilia's thorax. "Sorry I have to do this, but it's the only way I'll keep up with you. We need to be--" She cut herself off once she saw Excalik's hat emerging from the wall of fire. 

"There! I see his hat, so he's in the same direction it came from! If we can get high enough, we'll be able to rescue Excalik and keep the Wyvern from hurting him any further!" She ordered. "If we don't hurry..."

Momentarily distracted by the sudden throwing of the hat, the Wyvern craned its neck to follow its direction, before flinching visibly at its wounds, which dripped black blood onto the stones of the cemetery. It growled with hostility before being ordered by Simon to step forward and look for any of the group members to attack, for the walls of flame obscured its vision too. They did not take notice of what was to ensue.

"Higher ground you say?" Gorecilia lowered her thorax to the ground and pivoted herself to apply pressure to certain parts of her body. Her thorax began to tremble with the force Gorecilia is building up. "Brace yourself young lady, I will fling you up into the air towards your dying friend."

She dug her sharp legs into the ground and released the pent up energy which instantly jutted her thorax up in the air and flinging Vala in Excalik's direction. The force of energy she put nearly caused her to flip over but she only managed to stumble slightly. Her next objective was to keep the undead beast away from the two long enough for Vala to help out Excalik. She swung the lasso above her head and made sure to make the hoop wide enough to snatch the Wyven by the neck.

"Disgusting creatures like you should be put down!"

Gorecilia flung her lasso towards the Wyven, in hopes of snaring it by it's neck and holding it down using her strength.

"Wait, you're going to wha--" Vala couldn't even finish her sentence before Gorecilia catapulted her into the air in Excalik's direction. Her shouting through the air could be heard, which caused the Wyvern to turn its head away.

Unavoidably, Vala landed into the flames, but she quickly drew her staff out and recited an incantation, forming a bubble-like shield around herself to avoid being hurt by the eldritch fire. "Excalik!" She began trekking through the walls of fire before spotting him and running towards him, kneeling to the floor as the bubble enclosed around him. Vala patted out the flames with her cloak, calling out to him. "Are you still awake!? I'll help get you back up to strength, just give me a second..." Remembering she was carrying blood vials, she began searching for them as the Wyvern was left to deal with Gorecilia. 

The lasso made its way around its neck, but it did not move. Reflexively, the Wyvern began to pull back as though it were a tug of war. Its scaly armor prevented its airways from constricting, but the lasso otherwise held a steady grip. Coincidentally, the lasso had tightened around Simon, constricting him and rendering him immobile. He would be unable to move for the time being.

"Ah, I snared the Late Sir Simon as well!" Gorecilia giggled as she kept her ground as best she could. 

She made sure to keep a tight grip on the sticky snare and hopefully keep the beast distracted long enough for Vala to help Excalik. In the meanwhile, she tried to pull the Wyven to the ground using her brute strength alone in hopes to separate Simon and his undead steed. The muscles in her arms were starting to bulge as she tried to keep the monster from flailing too much. She pulled the lasso closer to the ground to restrict the Wyven from flying at least.

If we can split Simon and the Wyven, it should be easier to take them down individually. However, that Necromancer sure picked the best targets to bring back... Simon is no pushover and thanks to that ugly monster he controls, it will not be easy to put that thing down.

Excalik slightly turned his head in reaction to the bubble the enclosed him away from the flames. His eyes widened Vala appeared, nodding his question to signal yes in response to her question; his speech is still out of whack as he still trying to catch his breath. Excalik attempted to stand but quickly fell onto his knees as his body unable to keep him steady due to his strength weakening by the flames.

Allein and Yelysa got up and finally mind melded and as Allein charged forth, Yelysa said to Vala "There is a second and third ability with the mind meld, ones that we were going to tell you after this, but they might be useful now. The second, we can share it with others, and the last ability is that what one sees, the other does too." (This was actually going to be the original purpose for it anyway.)

"I still have to get Excalik back to health, so you both ought to focus on helping out Gorecilia while these flames die out," Vala ordered while she dug out multiple blood vials. She withdrew the liquid with a thin needle and positioned them between Excalik's ribs. "This is gonna hurt, big guy, but you should be good for now." Vala said before plunging the needles into the spaces between his ribcage.

"I can hear you, you know! It's not a good idea to make plans and let me overhear it," The necromancer remarked boredly, snapping her fingers to get the Wyvern's attention since she was levitating high in the air above the fight to keep out of reach. "Stop playing tug-of-war and get moving, you rotting sack of bones."

The Wyvern this whole time had been pulling to resist Gorecilia's pull, but the strength coming from both ends were more or less equivalent. So it was a stalemate. The Wyvern growled lowly before revealing its teeth in what looked like a sly grin. Without warning, the Wyvern stopped pulling back and let itself propel forward from Gorecilia's pull, charging forward wildly with its head facing straight ahead like a battering ram to quickly close the distance. This savage charge left its tail and wings open for attack, however. Simon was tied down, so he is unable to parry any blows from behind.

Excalik’s hands dug the ground in preparation for Vala’s needle in between his ribs. As it puncture his skin, he gritted his teeth to keep himself from making noises and alert the dead winged beast. “T-thanks...” He mumbled. “I thought I was going to be a goner…” His breathing began to stabilize. “We … we can’t let that thing do that again…”

Gorecilia nearly tripped over, and when she regained her balance, her body was slammed by the large Wyven. It sent her crashing through whatever was in her path until she finally came to a stop. She had a couple of scratches and cuts littering her large body, but the hit left her a little dazed. Some of the snakes on her head suffered injury and limped lifelessly as Gorecilia struggled to her feet.

"That beast can sure pack a punch..." Gorecilia shook her head to regain her senses. "I guess it has a brain after all. Well then, I suppose I might have to better teach this beast a lesson. Girls, prepare yourselves before I'm going in!"

Gorecilia wasted no time rushing directly at the Wyven with her hands directly in front of her, claws extended. Her face was blocked out by a shadow and all that was seen were two glowing gold orbs that were suppose to be her eyes followed by several tinier eyes that signified her snake hair. Without hesitation, she grabbed the head of the beast, jabbing her claws into his rotting flesh to get a better grip so her snakes can bite and inject their venom into the Wyven. She knew that the beast would fight back so she held him as long as she could to give more time for Vala and Excalik. Thanks to her tumble, she couldn't hold long.

"Go on girls! Love him with your venomous kisses!"

The snakes continued to lash at the beast, specifically aimming for the eyes in hopes of doing severe damage.

From a distance, it appeared to the naked eye as though the Wyvern's eyes would be covered by the armor on its head, but for it to be blind was unlikely. Even up close, it would be difficult to find them since they too, are dark as the night like its scales. The great beast let out an enraged cry and tried to thrash its way out of Gorecilia's deadly grip. The venomous bites did reach its eyes-- with trial and error-- the snakes were able to fully blind the creature. In pain, unknowing of the venom that would soon plague its body, the Wyvern continued its wild movements in an attempt to free itself.

"Definitely not..." Vala looked up to see the Wyvern facing off with Gorecilia, alerted by the loud noises. "It's completely focused on her...? Ah! Belmont's too tied up to control it, so it's going wild over there." She knelt down and helped Excalik get back up. "You ready to jump in there and give it everything you got? This is our chance to take it down!"

Excalik nodded. “Yeah, I ain’t going down without a fight! I’m afraid of ghosts, zombies, well, the undead in general, but I ain’t gonna let the Transporter take me down yet!” He grabbed onto the Garian Sword, readied himself whatever Vala had planned. He took a deep breath, inhaling in the fresh air after having it nearly sucked out was refreshing to him.

“I’m ready whenever you are! Let’s make sure that big ol’ bone-headed Dragon take a long dirt nap, permanently!”

Allein and Yelysa kept their mind sync up and then activated their namesakes powers, the berserker and the reaper. Allein gained a red aura and began fighting even more recklessly than usual, while her sister gained a black aura and was cold and precise with each of her strikes onto the Wyvern.

Gorecilia tried her absolute best to keep the beast from flailing about but she was flung into the air and landed with a very loud thud behind the Wyven. Her little snakes hissed loudly at the monster for hurting their master. The large spider-lady rose to her feet again and took a deep breath before dusting her shoulders off with a slightly annoyed face.

"Hmph! What a brute!" Gorecilia frowned. "I shower him with nothing but kisses and he throws me aside! How very rude! The Late Simon does not have any refined taste in women!" 

The woman slammed her hand on the ground to lift up large chunks of rock in order to fling at Simon.

"Maybe he likes a lady who is more feisty!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom