Disgraced beginnings: A.U DBZ ( potato/hairball)

"Still has quite a fight in you eh?" Laughed Raditz. "About this hate thing. I suggest you not think too highly of yourself boy. I treat every one of you the same, likevthe trashes you are."

Maren glaring at Raditz despite knowing right now wasn't the best time to pick a fight with the Saiyan, the teen was holding off for now despite the fact that he wanted more than anything right now to be able to show he wasn't to be screwed with. It was easier said than done though, Maren being comparatively weaker than practically anyone else on this ship despite his 'tough' attitude. The only thing the human could do right now was to try and stand his ground as he gripped the broom in his hand tightly, the instinct to slam the cleaning tool into the bully's face seeming to be a bit too obvious on Maren's part as he instead shrugged the comment about being 'trash' off.

If only he had truly done that though....

Maren's annoyance already having been at a peak high as he was still trying to get used to the fact that his chances of getting home were slim to none now, the human wasn't willing to listen to the Saiyan's trash talk as he yelled angrily and attempted to slam the broom against Raditz's knees. Sure, it was a cheap shot, but it was all Maren could think of right now show he wasn't simply 'trash' like the other slaves around here were, Aelith excluded obviously.

'Just do it, Maren. You might get killed but at least you tried...!'

Suddenly, a hand reached out and grabbed the broom, stopping Maren from thrusting it forward. Aelith wasn't muscular in build, yet she held the broom handle with immense strength. Unless she let it go, Maren wouldn't be able to pull or push it. 

"That's enough, Maren. We have work to do." She stated with a serious look.

Raditz was surprised, yet kept his smug face on. "The chick got the bright idea." He smirked. "You can try to get yourself killed by me when you are any stronger."

With that, the saiyan turned to leave.

Maren expecting that he would be able to land a direct blow and make up for what had happened earlier, the teen wasn't at all expecting that of all people, Aelith was going to be the one to stop it was happening, his confident expression turning into one of confusion as he felt the strength the girl possessed simply by her holding back his broom. Hia annoyed eyes only becoming more so as he knew his apparent 'friend' had just held him back from proving himself, Maren bit his tongue deeply to avoid yelling at his partner for now.

"Fuck this!..." Not willing to let go of his grudge against Raditz as he wasn't going to be held back by Aelith either, Maren let the broom the girl was holding drop to the floor as he saw the Saiyan turn his back, the human taking his chance as he rushed forward and  leaped onto man's back, his arms wrapping around the taller's neck while his legs wrapped around his waist to prevent being knocked off. It was another cheap move, sure, but so far Maren had learned not to try and land a direct blow on someone who could probably knock him out with a cough.

(Lmao xDDDD It's a surprise he wasn't swallowed by all the hair )

"Maren! Don't!" Aelith yelled in horror but it was too late.

"What the-" Raditz turned his head to see what was clinging to his back. "Okay this is getting really annoying..." 

He reached his hand back to take hold of the brat's clothing and yanked him away from his back. His strength was far greater than Maren's and so the teen's effort was in vain. He held the human to the front so he could see him.

"You want to fight? I'll give you a fight." The Saiyan grinned evilly. He began walking with Maren in his hand. He decided that he would take the human to the training chamber and use him as a punching bag.

Aelith hesitated. She had warned him many times but he still refused to listen. "Uggh! " she huffed, throwing the broom away and ran after them. "Put him down!"

"And who's gonna make me?"

"I wi- Aah!" Before she could say anything, the tail warped around the saiyan's waist whipped her to the wall. It was too quick she didn't see it coming. The saiyan laughed as his tail was warping back on his waist and took Maren away.

(XD I just love having Maren do cheap shots. He isn't exactly the smartest being out there.)

Not having thought his attempt to choke out his enemy as he leaped onto Raditz's back and hung on, Maren rarely ever did think out his attacks even back home, usually just going straight for the kill when he saw the chance. It was a strategy that often left him with broken bones, bruises, and a dented ego that never seemed to die down. Of course, back on Earth he usually had the chance to get back up on his feet, this not being one of those times as he glared daggers at the jerk who easily managed to take him off his back.

"Y-you act like I'll back down from you!" Yelling angrily despite hearing Aelith's reactions to what he had done, Maren had spent all his life fighting for what he wanted and what he needed simply to survive. The cushy life that many humans had lived so long ago wasn't a part of Maren's thought process, his instinct to not back down from a fight being as strong as it ever was. That didn't stop the fact that the teen was naturally going to be protective of his only friend on this ship though, the sight of Aelith being knocked against a wall causing his heart to fall into his chest as he growled angrily and dug his nail's into the Saiyan's arm.

"You do w-whatever you want with me, but don't lay a finger on her...I mean it".

"Aww, you already made a girlfriend." Laughed Raditz. He didn't care about the boy's protest since he wasn't able to hurt him in anyway. He just took the struggling human all the way to the training area of the ship. He went into one of the vacant rooms and tossed Maren to the ground.

"There we go, no more distractions. Go ahead, don't back down."

"What? s-she's not!-..." Maren frowning confused despite knowing that Raditz was only messing with him over his protectiveness of Aelith, the human wasn't about to linger on the comment as he knew that he had made a much more serious mistake in thinking that trying to choke out the Saiyan would actually work. It was a stupid thing for the human to think he had a chance at even landing a blow on the much stronger being, but now he was going to inevitably pay for his mistake as he was thrown into one of the ship's training rooms, Maren immediately getting to his feet as he backed off from his opponent nervously.

'What the hell am I going to do? I-I can't fight this guy...but....'

Maren sizing up Raditz despite knowing he stood little chance against the man, the teen was far too cocky to back down just yet as he decided to take his chance just as earlier, rushing forward and attempting to land a blow on his enemies chest. Maren had little tactic to go off of besides brute force, his second order of business being to attempt an uppercut to the Saiyan's jaw as hard as he possibly could to prove a point.

'Yes! I can do this! I-I can hold my own!'

Raditz felt no need to dodge the attack. He just stood there with his arms crossed, waiting for the impact. As Maren's punch hit, he felt nothing.

"That didn't even tickle." He smirked. 

Returning the favor, the saiyan drew back his arm and thrust a punch toward Maren's stomach. He kept the attack weak enough to not kill the human, but still strong enough to demonstrate his strength.

Expecting that he would at least be able to get a reaction out of the Saiyan now that he had the chance to fight freely, Maren had put all of his effort into his few punches, him believing that going full strength was the best way to get things done. After all, this technique had always...or almost always, worked back on Earth when he dealt with rivals so why should it not work on someone like Raditz?

His 'full powered' attack not seeming to do much against the Saiyan though despite him having landed a direct uppercut, Maren didn't have much time to react when his enemy threw a hard gut punch to his stomach, the wind being knocked out of the arrogant teen as he fell to his knees in shock "I...I don't...." glaring up at Raditz despite realizing just how strong the being was, Maren wasn't the type to just give up as he managed to stand up staggered "I don't get how y-your so strong. What is so different between y-you and me?".

"It's simple. We saiyans are born warriors. And you are born in the trash." He stepped closer to the weak alien. "Even a saiyan toddler can win this fight easily." 

"I'll make you regret messing with a saiyan warrior."

He suddenly dashes forward and threw a kick at the teen's jaw.

(I didn't say this before, but your username is adorable xD)

Maren feeling more and more dejected despite knowing that he was obviously nothing to the likes of Raditz, the human had always thought of himself as being pretty strong and capable of standing up to others when it was needed, him never having had any real problems back on Earth with the clear lack of his own kind willing to cause trouble. Even those that did cause problems for him were usually idiots who could be easily outwitted with the same neck move he had used earlier, the limits of his attack's becoming clear as time went on.

"I-I'm not trash!-" the blow to his stomach already havingdone more than enough damage to Maren despite him having gotten back to his feet, the human wasn't even able to get out so much as a insult as he could hear a audible crack in his jaw when the Saiyan  kicked him square on. The fact that he had probably lost a few teeth didn't cross Maren's mind as the blow was more than enough to practically knock the inexperienced human out, him feeling a stream of blood flow down his chin as he let out a sharp cry of pain and frusteration. 

'No, t-this guy...he is too strong! I barely even saw him move!.....'

(Thanks xDDD I used to have the name Ilovevegeta back when I was a teen though lmao)

He stood over the fallen human and used one foot to turn him over and look at his painful face. He had always enjoyed seeing the hopelessness and fear in his victim's eyes. It had become an addiction for him, seeing that he was always looked down upon ever since he was a child. He craved power and fame, and so whenever he got the chance to be on top, he wanted to drag it on for as long as he could, to embrace the moment.

"You lasted longer than I thought." He smirked. "Giving up yet?"

(Awwww x3 I used to have various names on MS. Po, Alois, Ricky....*regretsmyweebdayskinda*)

Maren knowing there was no way he was going to be able to keep going with the pain that was wracking his entire body, the teen hadn't expected that he would be taken down in only one or two hits like this, his sore muscles having been tensed with the idea that he could withstand so much more. The boy wanted nothing more than to show he was fully capable of fighting if given the chance and he had failed...if he couldn't even fight off a simple blow to the stomach what chance did he have of getting all the way back home someday?

Growing annoyed under his breath as he felt a foot turn him over after a few seconds, Maren wasn't as stupid as he seemed and wasn't going to try and throw another punch when he could barely stand. Glaring up at the Saiyan angrily, Maren wasn't going to give up yet...he didn't want to give up yet, his instinct to keep moving forward taking hold as he did something that many others would have likely called incredibly blindsided and idiotic, perhaps even suicidal.

Using the last of his strength to propel himself upwards, Maren wasn't going to give up yet as he used the last resort tactic of sinking his teeth into his enemies leg as hard as he possibly could, his already aching jaw feeling like it was on fire as he did so. If he couldn't land a direct hit on Raditz then perhaps this would at least show he wasn't to be underestimated just yet. Sure, the boy knew this wasn't going to last long at all but it was the only thing the desperate human could really think of other than just giving up like a coward.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Raditz thought and rolled his eyes when the human started chomping on his leg. He easily tossed the teen away by moving his leg. "Well, I suppose it's time to put you out of your misery."

He raised a hand. An energy blast begun forming in his palm. But before he could enact the attack, the door of the chamber blew open. Through the smoke, the large Torian stepped inside, Aelith peeking in behind him.

"Maren!" She shouted in horror when she saw her new friend on the floor. She ran over to see if he was still alive.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size, monkey?" The leopard alien growled.

"As in you?" Chuckled the saiyan. "Alright." Raditz then smirked. "Let's see if you are up to my expectation."

"Get the brat out of here, Aelith." Isvan ordered, crackling his knuckles.

"Y-yes." The girl nodded. She turned back to Maren. "Can you stand?"

(XDD Maren will never give up, NEVER SURRENDER.)

Maren not willing to give up despite knowing that what he was doing was very likely a death sentence, the boy's mind wasn't in the best states in the first place as he seemed to lack little common sense in any other thought than just attacking his enemy any way he could. Attempting to bite down on his enemies leg wasn't something the teen had been planning all along, but Maren had been desperate to show he wasn't going to give in until his dying breath or worse.

All of his strength having been put into the idiotic, last ditch attack, Maren was easily tossed away from Raditz and landed in a heavy heap nearby, a pained groan coming from the boy as he knew this was the end of the line for him. After all, he was nothing but a pest to someone this strong, right? There was no way he would ever be able to match this being's strength. Watching an energy blast form in the Saiyan's hand, Maren was fully expecting to be blown to bits in the next second or so.

'T-this is it. I am going to-'

The sound of a blast not coming from Raditz but from the nearby door instead, Maren was only vaguely aware that Aelith and another, slightly familiar looking slave had managed to make their way to him just in time, the severely weakened teen attempting to push himself up with his hands as he caught sight of the friendly girl from earlier approaching him "I can s-stand". Struggling to his feet despite the pain that was making its way through his body, the human smiled small as Aelith in a sign of thanks "let's get out o-of here". Maren not bothering to look at the sight of Isvan and Raditz who seemed to be ready to duke it out, the human sensed he was going to be in deep, deep trouble along with his newfound friend later.

The muffled sound of the blast that Isvan and Aelith had created only barely reaching the ears of the various soldiers who were not taken the time to care for the number of slaves on board, many of them figured that it was simply punishment being doled out to one of the less well-behaved members of the group. It wasn't often for a couple of slaves to die by 'various means' before they reached a destination, but they were typically weaker species that would have been likely to die in the mines soon anyway...easily forgettable beings that were simply fodder or best used as training dummies.

This was the mentality that many of the soldiers used towards those that had only been captured for the sake of cheap labor, but this shipment of slaves wasn't a typical haul as usual, rumors having been spread that a few rare being had been found that were not from the 'easiest parts' of the galaxy to reach, including a Torian and a troublesome human. If anything, the Torian would likely be more valuable than a weak, novelty human, no one truly expecting that such a being would be able to compete with, well, anyone.

Aelith quickly helped Maren out of the room as fast as the boy's injuries allowed them to. She made a note to herself that all the scolding should be saved until Maren got back to full health. 
Behind them the sound of the two men fighting echoed the training area. It sounded intense. Despite being curious as to how the fight was going to turn out, Maren's health was more important

"Oh no I don't know where the infirmary is..." She said in panic. And even if she knew where, she doubted the people there would care to treat him...

A middle aged slave came around the corner carrying some cleaning supplies nearly bumped into them. She had dark skin, long spiky brown hair and some bruises here and there. She seemed experienced, probably had been working on the ship for a long time.

"Sorry I- what happened to him?" She gasped and asked Aelith.

"He pissed off someone." Aelith answered honestly, hoping the woman could help them.

The woman sighed. "Follow me. It's better if we carry him though. It's a long way.

Aelith looked at Maren. She guessed he wouldn't like to be carried. "How about you get on my back?"

Maren doing his best to hide his pain as he was helped out of the room by Aelith, the human had likely broken a rib or two when he had been punched in the stomach, him being lucky that he had not broken worse with the power difference between him and Raditz. The fact that he was probably going to be a hell of a lecture from Aelith later on wasn't the top thing on Maren's mind right now though, the sound of the fighting between Isvan and Raditz making the teen's blood boil angrily. That was his fight, his chance to show he wasn't just 'trash' as the Saiyan had said....the fact that he had been beaten so easily only to let someone else take over wasn't something the human would forget soon.

Him keeping his mouth shut as he was more than humiliated enough to know he had screwed up royally, Maren only bothered to focus on the slave they nearly bumped into near a corner when he heard the shock in her voice. It wasn't something the boy often heard back home and something her certainly hadn't expected here. The most he felt anyone would care about him was how Aelith talked to him, and even then the chances they would be together for much longer were slim. Even if the slave woman's reaction wasn't much, it was enough to make Maren the slightest bit more confident after his beatdown.

"N-no, I will walk" Shaking his head as Aelith suggested that perhaps she could carry him on her back, Maren wasn't going to allow any woman, even his friend, to treat him as some damsel in distress. The human simply had too much pride to think it was appropriate for him to do anything but walk, his stupidity in picking a fight and the consequences of it being his fault and no one else's. Beginning to make his way down the hall, Maren still hadn't gotten over his oversized ego just yet and was determined to prove himself some other time "I just need t-to walk this off is all".

Aelith sighed. She expected as much. Guess it was time she do it the hard way. She stomped over. "No you cannot!"

She grabbed Maren's shoulders and lifted him up with ease. She put him over her shoulder and started walking. "I'm carrying you whether you like it or not."

The woman looked at them, slightly amused. "Listen to her, child. It's not time to play tough."

(Yo, you ever watch Dbz abridged? c:)

Not expecting the so far sweet Aelith to try and manhandle him like she knew him well, Maren wasn't exactly in the position to fight back despite his clear annoyance with the girl as she somehow managed to pick him up and throw him over her shoulder. If he hadn't been in such dire straits Maren might have simply wiggled out of her grasp and continued to walk on his own down the hall, the human for now being secretly grateful that he didn't have to ask for help. There was no way he would have made it down the hall by himself, his entire right side feeling like he has smashed it in a steel door.

"Fine, just...lets go" Muttering under his breath as he hoped that no one took notice of him being carried by Aelith, Maren sighed as he felt this wouldn't be the last of his encounters with Raditz. Despite what the Saiyan had said earlier about how he treated them all the same, Maren couldn't help but feel he had sealed the deal for running into the being sooner or later again. If anything, Maren would make sure it happened again, him wanting a second chance to an no holds fight like before.

Back
Top Bottom