Disgraced beginnings: A.U DBZ ( potato/hairball)

(Of course. It's awesome xD)

It took them about 10 minutes to get to where they needed to. It wasn't the infirmary but rather just a storage room. There were several other slaves, all beaten up just like Maren laying on old drapes spreaded on the floor.

"They only allow soldiers to use the healing tanks so we have to make use of what we have. They were kind enough to spare some of the healing juice. You can put him there." She pointed at one empty space.

Aelith set Maren down. "Healing juice?"

The woman came back with a half full bottle containing a green liquid. "Yes. This thing. It can help speed up the healing process. But first we need to check for broken bones first. It's not good to let the bone heal without repositioning them. May I?"

The woman asked, wanting to take off Maren's shirt to see his injuries.

Meanwhile, several soldiers had gathered outside the training room, looking in through the broken door and the side window. It had been a while since they witnessed a real fight.

"Not bad." The saiyan smirked, but panting hard. A line of blood ran down from the scratch on his cheek and several bruises had shown on his face. "It's been a while since I've bled."

The Torian across the room was in a worse condition. He stillmanaged to stand but he was holding one of his shoulders, which looked burnt and bleeding. "There's more where that came from." Isvan swung hand and his sharp nails extended into longer claws.

As the two continued charging at each other, the soldiers were making bets and discussing excitedly.

(It is c: Just was thinking that if you hadn't seen it you were in for a treat. Btw, I will use Nappa if you're okay with that!)

Maren so far not having seen many slaves besides himself and the long-gone alien from earlier try and stand up for themselves, the human didn't get just why no one seemed to be trying to start a riot yet, him feeling that if they all just banded together they might have a shot at somehow taking control of this ship. Of course, those were nothing but the thoughts of a naive teen who had spent their entire life on a single planet in a single area, not knowing that there were others like him who wanted their freedom even more so than he did. Being brought into a forgotten storage room though, Maren did catch sight of the various other slaves laid out and injured throughout the room, a few of the slaves taking notice as well of Maren, Aelith, and the unnamed woman who had helped him here.

The injured human nodding his thanks to Aelith as his newfound friend set him down, Maren cringed painfully as pressure was put on his back, him having realized by now that he had been lucky to only break a rib or two rather than having ended up with serious internal injuries. Not willing to put up a fight as he usually would have done though as the mysterious woman who had helped them earlier wanted to check his injuries, Maren allowed her to take off his mangled shirt, a few black and blue blotches along with a much darker bruise lining his chest and upper stomach.

'S-shit, it hurts...it hurts to breathe....I can b-barely even talk....if they f-find me like this I'm dead though..what am I going to do...?.'

The woman began feeling the bones around the wound, trying to be as gentle as possible. "I knew it, a few ribs are out of place."

"Can you fix them?"

" I can. But This will hurt, little boy." She closed her eyes, focusing ki into her palm. She put the hand on Maren's torso. The ki tranfered through her hand began to reach the fragmented bones and move them back into place.

She looked at Aelith. "I'm holding them in place. Could you open that bottle for me, dear?"

The girl quickly did what she was told. The woman took the opened bottle and poured it on the area of the broken ribs. "Once it's absorbed into your skin the bones will mend faster. But don't move until aat least tomorrow."

She retrieved her hand and moved on to treating the smaller wounds.

------------

Meanwhile, in the depth of space, a green and brown planet was being terrorized by the other two saiyan. The shorter of the two with spiky hair pointing upward like a paintbrush (though no one should tell him that) had just finished blasting one monster into oblivion. 

Through the scouter he could hear sounds of another fight going on. He glanced at the bald man fighting along side him. "Hmph. Sounds like the hairball found some flies to squash."

(Paintbrush? That's kinda adorable xD)

Maren already feeling more than uncomfortable enough as he dealt with his broken ribs, the human had broken his left leg before, just as many would break an arm or some other limb when they were young and stupid. For him, it had been trying to climb a stone dune on a dare only for him to come tumbling down at just the right angle to fracture his bone. The painful memory of it having to be set was more than enough for Maren's heart to speed up nervously as he heard Aelith and the mysterious woman discussing the fact that his ribs were out of place.

"N-no! I can-agh!!" Maren letting out a pained cry as the woman who had brought him here began to use her ki to move his bones into place, the human did his best to not move too much as her and his newfound friend did their best to help him heal. The feeling of his chest bones being moved was enough to make the teen want to knock out anyone near him, him only keeping control because he knew what could happen if someone less friendly found him this injured.

----------------------------------

Having killed a decent amount of odd-looking monsters that really hadn't been the best at defending themselves in the first place, Nappa felt oddly 'unfulfilled' despite having had the chance to wipe these weaker beings out of the way. What the Saiyan wanted was some kind of a challenge like the one he could hear through his scouter. It was most likely some headstrong slave from the new shipment that had come in earlier, many of them needing to be taken down a notch to show them who was the boss.

"Suits him. It's the only thing he could take on and win anyway" Kicking a charging alien in the gut and sending it flying into the distance, Nappa and Raditz had never been exactly ones to get along. the bald Saiyan finding it fun to screw with the fighter whenever he got the chance, whether it be his power level or his 'weird' looking hair "well, 'win' is a stretch for him...more like barely scratching by".

"Thank you, um..." Aelith attempted to thank the woman but realized she didn't know her name.

"I'm Anzu." Guessing by the girl's expression, the woman introduced. 

"Thank you, miss Anzu." Aelith nodded. "I'm Aelith and he is Maren."

"I haven't seen you two before though, you must be part of the new batch."

"Yes." Replied Aelith.

"Well, I need to go finish up my work or I'll end up like the young lad here. I'll check on you later." The woman stood up and hurried out of the room.

Aelith torned back to Maren. She sat down next to him and sighed. "If you keep this up you'll die for real."

-----------------

Vegeta chuckled a bit at Nappa's comment. "Please, Raditz can barely handle a few saibamen."

<I heard that, princess!> Raditz protested through the transmitter. Immediately, Through the scouter, they heard Raditz being punched or kicked in the face. Obviously their comments distracted him enough in that moment.

(I imagine....that Super Saiyan Raditz would look akin to a koosh ball.)

Maren doing his utmost best to keep his breathing steady despite his healing injury, the teen didn't want anyone to catch onto the fact that he, along with a number of other slaves, were hding out in this old storage room. After all the trouble he had caused already  there was no way Maren aws going to be the one who unwittingly caused their downfall, his eyes remaining focused on the ceiling high above as he listened to Aelith and the woman who had helped them speak together. Back on Earth it was rare for anyone other than close friends and family to help each other...just why did this Anzu woman think it right to help him out of the blue?

The teen only bothering to look at Aelith when he and the girl were left together, Maren gave a small grin as his newfound friend sat next to him and said that if he kept this up he would die for real eventually "Of course I will, b-but that makes it worth it". Nodding a bit to himself but cringing from the pain it caused his chest, the human felt little fear for death at this point. Well, to be more specificif he felt fear, but not for the reason others likely would. If he died now than who would be able to go back to Earth someday and tell of the stories he had to tell about this ship and what he had seen so far? "don't you think, Aelith?".

Perhaps it was cruel of them to be mocking Raditz when he was obviously in a fight of his own, but apart from jobs like this where already annoyinf colonies needed to be wiped out there wasn't exactly much 'fun' to go around. Tormenting either Raditz or some other low ranking soldier was just something to pass the time as they traveled from planet to planet, the trips otherwise being boring and drawn on. 

"I don't think there's much left here" Glancing around at the sight of broken buildings, craters, and other tell-tale signs that they had been here, iit really didn't seem like there was any more life hanging onto this planet anymore, the inhabitants having been pretty scarce in the first place when they arrived. A few corpses littering the ground from their most recent klls, Nappa didn't hesitant to kick ones head in that only 'seemed' to be showing some signs of life "whatdaya say this one reports in and get a move on? This place is kinda giving me the creeps".

(Lol don't you mean SSj 3 Raditz? XDDDDDbtw a  fun fact is Anzu was Nappa's mate in my old roleplays xD)

"It is worth it for you, but not for me." Aelith huffed in repressed anger at her new friend's mistake. "You probably have nothing to lose, but I can't die before I find my parents."

----------------

"Heh." Vegeta made a sound of despise at Nappa's comment about the planet giving him the creep. He couldn't imagine anything beside Frieza to be creepy enough to scare a saiyan. He stepped on the neck of a sturbborn alien that refused to die. But instead of killing it, he paused.

Despite all expectation, instead of killing the alien, he turned off his scouter and took it off, then motioned his hand to signal for Nappa to do the same and come over.

(All forms >3> And thats awesome! Its cool to see characters from other roleplays brought into new ones.)

Maren not used to having the need to care for anyone but himself, it was hard for the human to comprehend the fact that Aelith was likely caring for him out of her own free will. The teen hadn't really thought about just why this girl was rescuing him instead of leaving him to die as anyone else would have done, his attitude having gotten in the way of him seeing that he truly had someone that cared for him for once. And the way he had instinctively defended her earlier from Raditz...why had he done that? Simply because he saw her as a frend, or?....

"Your parents?" Glancing up at Aelith curiously as the girl said that she didn't want to die before she found her parents, Maren avoided the old routine of 'than why did you rescue me?' as he grew curious of just what she was talking about. If he had thought about it the boy who have assumed they were dead by now, the men on this ship not seeming to be the type to spare anyone unless they were needed "you mentioned them earlier, right? Where do you t-think they might be now?".

Maybe creepy hadn't been the right word to describe it, but there was somehting about a bareen, likely lifeless planet that both managed to thrill and still unnerve Nappa for some reason, the fact that he and Vegeta had managed to easily destroy it overriding that feeling regardless. His thoughts going away from the comment though as he saw Vegeta go to step on the neck of a still living alien, the Saiyan wasn't really expecting the man to turn off his scouter and especially to not kill the creature, Nappa's usual smirk having gone to a look of curiosity.

"Got some kind of a idea?" Turning off his scouter as he looked dully down at the diying alien before them, it wasn't often-well, ever- than they let someone live when they had been made to destroy them. Usually being the brawn behind their dou, Nappa really wasn't sure what to make of whatever Vegeta was planning.

"They could be on that planet we are going too." She shrugged. "Even if they are not, I'd still be looking."

------------

The Torian fell with a thud on the floor, covering in bruises, burnts and blood. He was still alive, but unable to get up anymore. The saiyan staggered over, panting in exhaustion, but smirking nonetheless. He put one foot on the cat alien's back and pressed down a little.

"You.... Filthy.... Monkey!" Isvan tried his best to utter out his frustration.

"You have my compliment." Raditz laughed victoriously. "As a reward for giving me a good fight, I'll let you live. Hopefully next time you can do more than a few scratches."

He kicked Isvan aside and walked out of the training chamber, trying to show as little pain as he was currently feeling.  "Do whatever you want with him." He told the soldiers as he passed them.

-------------

The dying alien's lips were trembling. It was trying to say something despite its health.

"Planet....restore...Soon... When they found... The orbs... You'll all... Die." 

"Is that supposed to be a threat?" Vegeta chuckled.

"The... Orbs of... The Great Serpent... Will grant any wish... "

"Hmph." Vegeta raised an eye brow curiously. "Interesting. Tell me where they are and you might live."

"You... Think I'd tell... You?" The alien chuckled. Then used the last of its strength to blast itself in the chest and died.

The aliens that had been watching Isvan and Raditz duke it out not seeming to be surprised by the outcome of the battle, even with someone that had the Saiyan's power level it would have been nearly impossible for just any slave to beat him. Of course, that was to the foul of the few who had actually thought the Torian would win, some of them handing over bets and the like disgruntled. It wasn't terribly often that a battle like this went on between soldiers and slaves, but that only led to a question that no one seemed to have thought about until now....

Just where the hell had the pair of slaves from earlier gone?

Before the battle with Raditz there had been that human troublemaker getting the beatdown of his life, and it seemed him and one of the slave girl's they had captured a while back had disappeared when the Torian had arrived. Now, this wouldn't usually be that big a deal seeing as these beatdowns usually put cocky slaves into their place, but anyone could have seen that the human had likely been mortally wounded. One of the aliens from the crowd, a green, ram-horned individual going to approach Isvan cautiously once Raditz had left, the figure kneeled by the Torian and checked his pulse to see if he was worth saving "Why did you think it would be a good idea to take on a Saiyan?  Your nothing but a fool if you thought that would get you somewhere".

Nappa watching cautiously as Vegeta seemed to have an idea on what to do with this dying alien, the man knew very well that it likely had something to do with the much talked about Dragon balls once the alien began to talk of 'orbs'. For half a second Nappa had almost thought Vegeta was going to try and somehow 'spare' this pathetic creature for some reason. Most beings not willing to take the chance of getting a Saiyan angry though, it seemed the alien had its own way of avoiding that threat while still holding onto its secret, the fact that it intentionally decided to blow a hole in its chest with the last of its energy seeming like the cowards way out to the visibly annoyed Nappa.

"Hmph, what an idiot. Killing himself for a bit of info" Shaking his head as he approached the now dead alien's body and spat at it, Nappa knew the being would have probably been killed anyway if he had told them the location of the Dragon ball's. It was a typically easy way to go to suggest that one might live if they told what was needed, only for them to die afterward's once they were no longer needed "it takes a special kind of person to be that stupid".

Isvan grunted, coughing a little. If he hadn't been injured before he got on the ship the saiyan would have had a harder time. Even so, he was surprised he even bothered to fight. Could be that the annoying boy's attitude had affected him somehow.

"Idiocy is constagious."  He muttered to himself and tried to get up but failed.

"This guy's pretty strong. Why don't they make him a soldier?" Someone among the crowd asked.

"True. It's a waste to not makw use of his strength."

---------------------

Vegeta snorted in annoyance when the alien refused to spill the beans. "Fool." He kicked the dead body out of frustration. They had heard these aliens talk about something called the Orbs of the Great Serpents that can grant any wishes. But so far none had told them where to find these objects.

He eyed around their surroundings. They were standing inside a destroyed city. Most of the persistent fighters had gathered to protect the large structure in the middle. He hadn't paid attention at first, but now it seemed like a temple.

Didn't bother to tell Nappa anything, as usual, the prince took off flying toward the half destroyed structure.

(Hmmmm, I can't get this off my mind for some reason, but with the talk earlier of partners/mates I am trying to think of who Maren would be the best fit with xD Always just found little things like that to be interesting oddly.)

The soldier known as Seltzier trying not to seem like he pitied Isvan too much for the stupid decision he had made to fight Raditz, the alien couldn't help but feel this Torian had potential regardless of if he were a slave or not, the fight he had given the crowd behind him not having been just the one shot show most uppity slaves gave them. The way Isvan had fought strategically and with strength was more than enough reason to want to make the alien a soldier, his power being just what they needed at a trying time like this. Of course, there would be consequences if the Torian refused the position.....

"That fight you put up was pretty decent. With some training I bet you could go further" The ram-horned alien smirking as he watched Isvan try to get up, Seltzier held out a hand to help up the weakened being in a sign of truthfulness. It wasn't too often that slaves were given the chance to become soldiers this way, but this was an opportunity for the injured Torian to escape being sent to the mines if he recovered, and to potentially escape death if he needed to be healed. It was up to the alien on if he was willing to work for the same side that had snatched him of his freedom "What do you say to becoming a part of this ship's crew for now?".

Not really knowing the first place to start to find the 'Orbs of the great serpent', the only thing that Nappa really knew about them was that they were practically impossible to find and had the potential to grant any wish one could think of. Sure, there were plenty of idiots out there that were probably looking to use the orbs for something stupid such as money of fame, but with the potential they had and the rarity of the orbs it wasn't just the typical being who would be able to find them all.

Not having noticed the temple in the center of the destroyed city when he had been killing off its defenders, Nappa only bothered to take a second look at it when Vegeta decided it was worth investigating, him following in toe as usual in case there were any holdover fighters from earlier. Keeping his mouth shut for once as he had the feeling the Prince was on to something, the remnants of what had once been a large temple were clear as were the various bodies scattered in it from when he himself had nonchalantly blown it up.

(Well there are plenty out there xDDD maybe when he's a little stronger someone will take notice xDD)

The Torian thought about it. Becoming a part of a crew working for Frieza, the galactic overlord responsible for the destruction of many planets including his own and the enslavement of countless others. Not to mention, working along side a saiyan. It was an offer no one with dignity and in their right mind would accept. But Isvan had his own plan. Ever since the moment he had allowed himself to be taken into this damned ship, and challenged the saiyan. It was all his effort to make himself recognizable. The offer was exactly what he wanted.

"Heh. Of course I didn't come here to be a fucking slave." It was basically an agreement to the offer. Still, he refused to take the helping hand and instead used the little strength he had to stand up. He staggered to the nearest wall and used it to help himself stand. God it hurt like hell...

-------------------

As they went deeper into the temple, the two saiyans noticed many drawings carved into the walls on both sides. They were images of the alien race kneeling before some greater beings. Typical. It wasn't the first time he had seen depiction of gods and such on the wall. But then he paused again, looking at a drawing of the 'god' with seven orbs around his (he assumed it was a his) body. The drawing next to it was the 'god' creature laying on something like a bed, and the seven orbs were now colored grey instead of orange.

He looked at the end of the hallway. Perhaps the answer is at the end of this damn thing.

(Awww, someone to take notice of my Maren x3 I know he has a wannabee rough attitude, but I can't help but see him as being the stereotypical 'i'm late for school!' type and running with toast in his mouth sometimes.)

Seltzier having put on his nice guy act for the sake of trying to get Isvan to join the ship's crew, the ram-horned alien's smile wasn't met to last for very long as he sensed the Torian's answer wasn't going to go the way he wanted it. If the cat-like alien had refused to become a soldier there would have been little choice for him but to eliminate the burden on the ship's resources, just as was supposed to happen to most gravely injured slaves. A single slave typically didn't make much of a difference either which way and was rather easy to replace, that once again bringing Seltzier to the fact that the human from earlier had mysteriously disappeared once the Torian had shown up. He would need to check in on that later, the horned soldier expecting that Isvan's answer would be predictable.

"Of course you didn't, we brought you here for that" Smirking a little at the injured Torian as the strong-willed being managed to stand up and lean against the wall, Seltizer appeared to have thought wrong on the fact that Isvan would probably refuse to become a soldier. In all reality, the cat-like alien would probably live up to be an excellent soldier in time, the fact that he seemed to be independent of wanting help not being a negative "and besides...it's not as if you have a choice in the matter".

"Wonder where they come up with these stories...." Muttering to himself as he too took notice of the carvings on the wall depicting various scenes of gods and worship, Nappa had never really paid much attention to the culture of the planets they destroyed, him not seeing any greater knowledge in knowing what or who other species worshiped. When it came down to it most species were weak and constantly on the edge of being obliterated, only being saved by the fact that many were small and not easy to find. Combine that with the fact that when they were found they were typically begging for their lives in an instant and it was easy to see why the Saiyan thought of most as not being worth his time.

(Awww xDD What kind of girl would he like?)

"Then why do you even bother asking. Just shove me into one of those ugly-ass armor already." The Torian smirked. He always found it hilarious when people asked him to choose then proceed to tell him he had no choice anyway. He would have laughed if his body didn't hurt with every move. "So, is this how you want to treat your new recruits? Get me a doctor."

-------------------------------

Vegeta didn't reply. He was more focused on what he just saw. A large stone table at the end of the hall. On it were seven round rocks. They did shaped like orbs, but upon inspection they were just stones.

"Hm, looks expired." He held one to his eye level, then tossed it to a wall. The rock broke into many pieces. "The maggots did say they are looking for these orbs, but these are just rocks..."

Then he put a hand on his chin. "Unless..."

He had just looked at the drawings again. The 'god' in the drawings looked oddly familiar: green, with stripes on their limbs, two antennas. "Nappa. Don't these green creatures remind you of something?"

(Eh, he goes both ways xD Seeing as he hasn't really been around many people his age of any gender thats at least what I could guess. If I had to say what kind of person though it would probably be someone who could hold their own but also enjoy his protective personality at times.)

"You got a smart mouth for someone who looks like their about to collapse" Seltizer sighing and shaking his head at the smirking Torian as he had kind of figured the cat-like alien wasn't going to be the most complient of newcoming soldiers, what mattered the most was that he was willing to fight and was strong enough to hold his own. Soldiers getting along was only a distant priority, most of the aliens on this ship only barely tolerating each other due to their own prejudices and fights like the one between Isivan and Raditz sometimes breaking out due to petty arguments "And I don't think your one to be making orders in your state either, kitty".

A few other soldiers emerging from the dispersing group to take Isvan to a healing pod, they were less than kind as the decided to pull the injured alien along with them. The slave would need to get used to rough treatment if he was looking to becoming a soldier and the best way to do it, the 'kind' voiced ram-horned soldier from earlier not seeming to be nearly as forgiving as he smirked cruelly at Isivan "don't expect this kindness every time you get hurt".

-----------------------------------------

Looking at the odd engravings on the walls for once as Vegeta meanwhile seemed to be trying to make sense of the stone balls nearby, Nappa was still getting a unnerving feeling from this place just as he had been earlier. It wasn't as if he believed in ghosts or anything, but there was something about these ruins...it was as if they were being watched somehow despite having killed every living thing within miles. Not speaking up for the simple fact that he would likely be called a pansy for it, the Saiyan tried to ignore it for now as he too had noticed the drawing of a 'God' on the walls on the ruined temple.

"Hm...kinda, they do look familiar" Raising a brow at the sight of the green creature carved on the temple wall, Nappa was sure he had seen something like it before. Sure, he didn't have the best memoery but there was no mistaking that whatever this creature was met to represent wasn't something terribly uncommon "what do you think of it?".

"Whatever." Isvan said, relaxing his muscles so the soldiers could drag him away. He didn't mind the pain, as long as he was alive and part of the tyrant's army. He  would work his way up and make his plan work.

---------------------

"these creatures are no god." Vegeta smirked. "No doubt about it. I have seen them before."

He could check the species record to find out, but connecting to the database with the scouters was too dangerous. He knew Frieza never trusted his underlings and would track all of their scouters, even their conversations.

"If we can find these aliens, we can make them create our own wishing orbs. And once we've got our wish, Frieza is just a mere fly."

While the thought of something that could make anything come true  sounded absurd, he had heard about it far too many times to not believe it.

"They do look kinda familiar, but..." Trailing off as he knew he had seen something akin to the creatures carved in the ruins of the temple walls, Nappa may have not been the smartest but he could vaguely remember seeing one of these beings at some point long ago. What they were called the Saiyan had no idea, but then again he and Vegeta had destroyed many creatures they would probably never know the name of, the simple fact being that the more nameless a species was the easier it was to forget about them and move on to the next planet.

Picking up one of the petrified stone balls as Vegeta explained that they needed to find this species of alien in order to get their hands on the orbs, Nappa smirked confidently as he wanted to get rid of the tyrant Freeza as much as anyone else did. The thought of finally being able to do as they wished was more than enough motivation to convince the bald Saiyan to go along with his partner's dangerous plans for now "we find the species, we find the planet, easy or not, and we get the orbs. Sounds easy enough".

"As long as Frieza doesn't get wind of it." Vegeta reminded the bald saiyan. "Do not mention anything about it when you are wearing your scouter." 

While he trusted Nappa enough, he had to keep reminding the idiot about it, in case he accidentally reveal their plan. Vegeta started heading outside, still thinking of how he could make his plan work. He probably would need more than just him and Nappa. Of course he would have to let Raditz in on this, but he would make sure the wish belongs to him only.

"We're going to 915 to meet up with the hairball. Then we discuss the next step." He said, then began putting his scouter back on. He didn't want to turn it off for toi long. It mightseem a bit suspicious.

"Got it, not wearing the scouter" Nodding slightly as it was pretty easy to forget one was wearing the piece sometimes, Nappa figured it would be best not to mention about the orbs at all once they left this dead planet. If he accidentally mentioned something about the orbs and Freeza caught onto it chances are both he and Vegeta would likely be forged as 'traitors' in some shape or form and eliminated. YeAH, if he kept his mouth shut then Vegeta could make whatever 'wish' he was conjuring up in his mind...

Putting his scouter back on though as he heard the mention of the 'hairball', Nappa was less than pleased to know that Raditz would know of the plan to find the orbs, his belief being that the fool wasn't up to the task of holding a secret like this for long "are you sure he's worth telling? I mean, he doesn't exactly like either of us....".

Back
Top Bottom