Disgraced beginnings: A.U DBZ ( potato/hairball)

Aelith hesitated, she didn't know how to answer. Surely she didn't want to hurt her new acquaintance 's pride. "It's probably a good number of your species. I don't really know... Some aliens are born with high power level, like the saiyans..." she quickly objected when the human said he could take on the Torian.

"I know you are tough Maren. But don't start fights here. It's dangerous."

The scanning was complete and they were locked up into their new cells while the scientists decide what job each of them should be assigned. Aelith managed to squeeze herself through the crown to be in the same cell as Maren.

"Come on, he is a cat! I bet I could take him down a notch or two" Maren having expected that Aelith was going to agree with him on the fact that he could try to fight the Torian, the human had almost forgotten that he and the girl were not friends as much as they were simply two people who had been put together by unfortunate circumstances. Sure, they were being relatively friendly to each other but if Maren had come across Aelith back on Earth he would have robbed her without a second thought.

Trying not to let his anger get the best of him though as Aelith seemed serious when she said starting a fight now would be dangerous, Maren decided to leave it be for now as him and the rest of the new slaves were herded into new cells. Trying to keep his mind off the fact that he wanted to show his worth to the jerk from earlier who could have easily killed him, the teen was a bit surprised when Aelith managed to make it into the same cell as he and several others were put into "I didn't think I was going to see any more of you" tilting his head a bit as he went to plop down against a wall, Maren was quiet for a few seconds before speaking up again "I didn't get to say this earlier, but t-thanks for earlier...from stopping me from doing something dumb back there again".

"I just thought you need someone to talk to. The guys don't seem to like you." Aelith explained her intention with a smile. She sat next to him.

"I'm sure you can beat him if you train yourself though. But I doubt they'd let us train." 

Then, some guards came into the cell and gave each of the prisonets inside a bread and a small bottle of slightly green water. It was definitely not the kind of water one would see on Earth.

Unknowing to them, the ship was heading to it's next destination steadily.

"Yeah...I don't like them much either" Shaking his head as he was secretly grateful that Aelith was willing to continue to be by his side, Maren had been convinced that the girl was going to leave him the first chance she got to avoid getting involved in the trouble he had already caused. None of the other alien's around him seemed to really bother with talking to each other, so what was making this particular girl so willing? Whatever it was, Maren was more than happy to accept her companionship as long as it lasted "your pretty alright though, for a chick".

Smiling a bit to show that he had met no harm with his last statement, Maren was about to ask Aelith a little about herself just as a few guards returned to the cell and began to hand out unnatural looking bottles of water and some kind of food he had never seen before, bread being a rarity back on Earth due to the lack of crops. The teen not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth though, Maren was more than happy to take his own  despite the water's odd color.

(Sorry I m busy working on a DBZ comic so I can't post fast xD)

Aelith took her portion of food and looked at Maren. "At least here they care to give us food." She took a bite of the bread casually. "Though I wonder what kind of job would they give us.."

(It's alright, take your time xD If I may ask, what is it about??)

(And shall I make a small time skip? ^~^ )

(It's a Raditz and Goku comic haha. I will show you the link when chapter 1 is all done.

If you can, do a few hours time skip. I actually think it will take around a week or a month to get to that new planet and so the low power level slaves will be assigned some work on the ship.)

(Awesome ;) I love those kinds of strips. I will do that though, it should work well!)

Most conversation between the aliens in the cells having died down now that a few hours had gone by, most of them seemed to be finally sinking in the fact that they were now likely never going to make it home, some of them not even having one to return to due to their respective planets being destroyed or simply too far away to even think of going back. Even Maren, who had been acting up earlier had quieted down and leaned his head against a wall that he sat near, his thoughts being on what his parents and friends likely thought of him missing. They probably still expected he would return at some point...of course, that expectation likely wouldn't likely last much longer though once a few days went by and it was clear he wasn't coming back.

'This bites. Why was I so stupid to let my guard down back there? If I hadn't been stupid enough to daydream I would have seen those idiots coming a mile away'

"Get up! Single file like usual and keep it moving".

Maren being snapped from his thoughts as he heard the door of the cell open, a group of the same aliens as earlier walked into the area and ordered the new slaves to wake up, a few who had truly been dozing off quickly jumped awake as they knew that seeming lazy was likely going to end up with them being offed. A couple of stronger looking guards lingering behind the group this time, Maren couldn't help but feel a bit intimidated as he stood up and began to follow the other slaves out of the cells, him trying to stay secretly near Aelith as she was the only one he knew in this still unfamiliar place of oversized monsters and strange faces. Even someone from a backwater planet like Earth knew that it was good to have friends in prison and high places.

"To keep you out of trouble you will be each given a job respective of your power level" A green horned, tall alien speaking back to the group as they were led down a hall, he intentionally neglected to mention that all new slaves were chipped to prevent loss and to keep track of where potential troublemakers were at. It made the process of knowing which slaves died, were killed, or were simply lost much easier than simply trying to remember who was who "the stronger of you might just be good enough to be guards someday if you prove yourselves. The weaker? Well, It's my guess that you will either be cleaning the ship or just be useful enough to be target practice".

Eventually, Maren and Aelith were the ones with the lowest power level and the smallest looking so they were given cleaning tools. Aelith was indifferent, at least she wasn't going to be a target practice. 

"Now you two, I expect the west section pristine clean in an hour. You must  clean the floors then each of the bed rooms. Got it?" The guards that led them there ordered before lraving the two in the hall way.

The west section was the living quarters of Frieza's soldiers. There were many doors on both sides of the hall ways. 

"... Looks like lots of work..." Aelith sighed.

Maren looking more and more pissed by the hour as it was clear his power level along with Aelith's were the weakest on the ship, the human had always felt himself to be pretty strong back home and wasn't readily willing to accept the fact that that was no longer the case. Sure, he wasn't the tallest out there nor was he the most muscled but Maren was convinced that he had more willpower than any of the freaks on this ship combined ten times over. There was no real way for the unfortunate teen to prove his 'fact' though, his incident with the long haired Saiyan earlier having shown he was mostly just talk.

"Do they really think we can get all this done?" Muttering under his breath as it was explained that he and Aelith were to clean more than what a group of ten could probably do in a day, the human wasn't really taking any of what they were told to do seriously as he looked at the broom he had been given with a small smirk, him pointing it at Aelith like a mock sword "I'm surprised. With all this tech they got around here they still use regular old brooms like back home".

Aelith giggled. "You're right. On my planet we had better cleaning tool. Maybe they just want to mess with us?" She shrugged, then began cleaning the floor. "How about you take care of that side?"

"Hmm, maybe..." Maren smiling small as he had kind of expected Aelith to get pissed with him for goofing off, the teen hadn't really had much of an interest back home for the hard headed females he lived near. Most of them were rude, crude, and had a bad attitude to match due to the tough live underground. It just wasn't something Maren was personally into, Aelith on the other hand seeming kind of 'sweet' so far despite how he had treated her earlier. Maybe he truly had made a good friend in this mysterious girl but only time would tell, the human getting to work on the opposite side of where Aelith was cleaning.

Unable to help being tongue tied as he had never been the best at making conversation, Maren was quiet for a few minutes as he tried to think of something to say to the girl a short distance away "so, uh...do you think any of the guys here got a sense of humour or something?". Te bruise he had gotten to the forehead earlier only now beginning to show despite him trying to cover it up with his hair, Maren had a bit of an 'idea' in his head on how to screw with their captors, even if it would likely mean getting himself into some trouble "so far they seem like a bunch of hardasses to me".

(Sorry for the long wait xD this is short but keeps thing moving)

Aelith looked up at Maren, hands still working the broom. "Maybe there are?" She giggled. "Are you going to start a joke challenge now?"

(Its alright ^^)

"Who says it's a joke?" Maren smirking to himself as he knew better than to expect Aelith to really want to fight him, the teen couldn't help but want to do something, anything, to get rid of the boredom of being put to clean. The least he could do was try and provoke his apparent new friend into at least play fighting him for a while, Maren taking a step towards Aelith in a mock posture of trying to be threatening despite him truly being nothing for the time being towards the girl "What if I really want to fight?".

His mock posture of trying to be threatening not lasting very long though as he couldn't keep a straight face with his broom pointed towards Aelith as if he really wanted to 'hurt' her, Maren let out a laugh as he brought it to his side and tapped it against his left leg slowly "Your not the person I really want to fight though". Shaking his head as he knew very well by now the people who he wanted to get rid of were, Maren, unfortunately, had no clue just yet how unobtainable his goal really would be "if anything, maybe we should be friends in this place...what do you think?".

Aelith stared in surprise when she saw Maren attempting to scare her. She almost thought he was serious and stopped sweeping the floor. Then,  When he laughed, she blinked a few times in confusion. 

"Sure. You're the only one I talk to here. It's pretty much settled." She shrugged.

Not having any true intent to scare Aelith despite his posturing, Maren liked the girl too much to even begin to think of hurting her, much less to let her get hurt by the seemingly endless amount of jerks they were surrounded by. Sure, he had gotten himself kicked to the curb earlier because he had been too cocky but Maren wasn't going to make the same mistake again when he had another chance to show what he was made of, sooner or later. In the human's mind, it was only a matter of time before he could get back home because he had shown he was the 'strongest' here.

"Sorry about that, I...kinda let myself get a bit ahead there" Sighing bored as he saw the reaction he got from Aelith with his mock fighting pose, Maren frowned a bit as he got back to work with cleaning "same with that long haired freak earlier. It was stupid of me to pick a fight, y'know?". Trying to push it out of his mind for now as he needed to keep his cool, the human did have his plans on how to show he was useful around here, but right now wasn't the time for anything other than making allies.

The cleaning was dull and tiring. The ship was huge. Surely there were a few more servants here and tthere doing the same job as them but not many conversations were made. One of the doors slid open and the long haired saiyan walked outside. He was too busy talking to the device he wore on one eye. 

"Very funny Nappa. Anywhere without you two is fucking fantastic." He grunted. "Are you calling just to make jokes?... I'll be on Freeza #915. In a week. No, Freeza isn't on the ship. Why?... If you are not telling me then why bother to call?... Oh fuck you too!"

The saiyan turned off the scouter and noticed the two slaves watching him. He smirked at Maren. 

"So this is the job they gave you? Hahah. This suit you boy."

(Haha, Maren, Bold and spicy.)

Maren working alongside Aelith in relative silence as he was never the best at making conversations with others, the human only wanted to get what he had been told to do done and to get this day over with already. The teen had only been on this ship for a few hours and he had already been put on his back with only a single hit from that freak from earlier, not to mention laughed at in his attempt at showing he was strong enough to do what he wanted. It was humiliating, to say the least, but Maren knew he would eventually have his chance to home when the time was right-

The human being snapped out of his wandering thoughts and dreams as he heard the sound of a nearby door sliding open, Maren had been doing his best not to provoke a petty fight so far seeing as how his last attempt at being bold had been. There was no stopping the easily agitated human from recognizing the voice behind him though as he stopped sweeping for a minute, his attempt at being civil not lasting long as he saw the smirk on the long-haired Saiyan's face. "Fuck off" Muttering under his breath as he wasn't going to do anything stupid this time around, Maren had an air of annoyance in his voice as he gripped his broom handle a bit tighter "this is better than being locked all day like an animal....speaking of which, what the hell is that around your waist? Are you a dog or something?".

Growing more amused by the weak human he had encountered earlier, Raditz stood there with his arms crossed, still smirking. He knew there was nothing the boy could do to him, and he had nothing to fear. When the brat insulted him however, the saiyan wasn't toi happy about it. Nappa had just called earlier and the first thing he did was mock his hairstyle. He couldn't do anything to Napoa and thus needed something or someone else to relief all that anger on.

"Still hasn't learned your lesson have you?" His smirk faded to a growl. "I don't need to answer maggots like you boy."

Aelith looked at both of them nervously. Are they going to fight again?

Not seeking to pick a fight for once despite his easily misconstrued question, Maren had the feeling that this second encounter with Raditz wasn't going to end very well seeing as how the man had reacted earlier to his provocation. The teen had never been the best at keeping his mouth shut and right now wasn't an exception as he felt a growing anger in his heart towards the humanoid, the grip on the broom in his hands tightening as he knew by now there was little chance of even landing a hit on the jerk. Just what the hell could he do to show he wasn't one to be screwed with like some kid?

"What do I need to learn? From the looks of it, you're just barely above me and the other slaves here" Smirking a little back at Raditz as he couldn't' resist being a little cocky towards the bully, Maren knew he couldn't hit the Saiyan directly, but he did have a 'plan'...of sorts. The one thing the teen didn't want to do was get Aelith involved in this argument though, the girl not seeming to be the type to want to be dragged into things from Maren's point of view "anyways, I d-don't get why you hate me so much. Is this because of that stupid thing from earlier or something?"

Back
Top Bottom