Disgraced beginnings: A.U DBZ ( potato/hairball)

"I saw what was left of it I think. When I first landed on your planet., I came across a city. All the buildings were broken or abandoned." She explained. "But no, I saw no one else." She looked down at the ground. She actually did see something she didn't want to tell him. Skeletons. Lots of dead people from a long time ago.

"Do you live with other people, Maren?" She asked, looking up at him. "Do your people know they captured you?"

"I don't think anyone has used those buildings in a long time. I mean, most of us live under the ground so we don't have any use for them" Maren vaguely being aware of what the girl before him was talking about as there were numerous ruins of the past littered around where he often hunted, the teen didn't think of how odd it probably sounded that he so casually mentioned no one lived on the surface. For him, it was common fact that living under the Earth was safer than the alternative "I'm sure they could have been fixed it we had the materials though...but....".

His eyes perking when the girl asked him if he had lived with other people, Maren hesitated as he really wasn't sure himself. Sure, every human left on Earth lived underground but it was mostly everyone for themselves, there being little to no sense of trust between those who were not friends or related to each other on some level "they probably think I'm still out hunting" sighing unhappily as it would likely take anyone who cared a few days to realize he wasn't coming back, Maren could only hope that his few friends back home were safe and not worrying about him yet "I-I probably shouldn't ask this, but what about you? Where do you come from anyway?".

"My planet is called Ria. It is now Frieza Planet 905." Aelith smiled, thinking back to the old days. The cities were modern and full of lights. "We had high technology. But our soldiers stood no chance against Frieza's army. We were evacuated but they caught up to our ship. Mom and dad put me in an escape pod. It took me to your planet."

"But I guess I failed them. I got captured again..." She had a sad look on her face but didn't shed a tear. She had probably gotten used to it. "Sorry. You didn't ask for such a story. I rambled." She shook her head.

Maren listening to Aelith's story as he hadn't expected that anyone in the cell would bother with giving them a name, much less a backstory, the human couldn't help but feel his heart cringe up at the way the girl talked so fondly of her home planet, the way she described it sounding similar to old stories he had heard about Earth with it's modern cities and lights. Of course, that was where it ended as far as Maren knew, the teen knowing little about his own planet much less 'Ria, or any others for that matter. The thought that a planet could be so easily taken over as Aelith's was though...that was enough to make Maren wonder just how strong this Frieza freak actually was.

"N-no, it's alright" Feeling empathy for Aeilith as he would have patted her back if not for his arms being bound, Maren instead gave her a rather kind smile to show he didn't see her as an enemy any longer. It wasn't too often the human felt warmness towards others these days, but he wasn't about to stoop to the level of letting some girl cry by acting as if he didn't care about her story "seems you live a pretty rough life, hm?".

"It was harsh for the first few years. But now I'm used to it. Though I miss them... Do you think they are still alive?" Aelith had always imagined mom and dad escaping from Frieza's soldiers, like in the movies they had seen together.

"They're probably alive." The bug alien spoke suddenly. He probably couldn't sleep hearing them talk. "I heard They tend to keep intelligent liveforms as slaves to mine the planet resources. They will be kept alive, until there's nothing left to collect."

"Yeah, I don't doubt they are" Maren smiling lightly as it was easy to tell Aelith was the type of friend that one could only hope to ask for, the young girl seemed to be trustworthy, kind, and a good spirit in a place like this where life likely wasn't guaranteed. Even if she was the polar opposite of himself, Maren couldn't help but feel some kind of odd connection with the bug girl as she told him her story, his own parents being very much alive despite them having parted ways with him long ago. Sure, the teen did care for them but there simply wasn't a need for him to stick around much once he had learned to survive on his own, Maren only being able to hope that they were safe and sound and not among any others captured back on Earth "I bet they are just waiting out there for you to come home".

His eyes falling onto the sleeping bug alien nearby though as the creature also said they were probably still alive, Maren had to keep his foul mouth shut to avoid saying something he would regret to the stranger. He liked Aeilith, not this guy, and he wasn't the type to usually stay silent amount such things for long with his fight happy attitude "see? There are a lot of planets out there, right? I don't think they will go anywhere soon than".

"Thanks, guys." Aelith smiled softly. "I wonder if one day there's someone strong enough to defeat the Frieza empire."

"Even so, there's still Cooler, and many others. They are a race of conquerer." The bug alien sat up. He probably had given up on sleeping. "That someone will have to kill all of them if they want to save the galaxy for good."

"If there's such a person, I'll help." Aelith shrugged. 

"Still, that's an absurd idea."

Maren not feeling very 'in the know' yet on this whole talk of Frieza and the planets that had been destroyed because of him, the human felt oddly small for once in his life, the fact that there was an entire universe beyond his home on Earth never having been a concept to him. The thought of even another planet being out there, millions of miles away was enough to make the human feel dizzy as he sighed and tried to clear his mind from everything that had happened today. Perhaps he would wake up at some point and this would all just be a bad dream....yeah, maybe that was it. Maybe he had just fallen down a cliff and hit his head and he would wake up sooner than later.

"It's absurd, but its better than believing in nothing" A rhino looking alien from a next cell over having been listening in on the bug alien's conversation, the thick bodied creature didn't exactly have much fighting power left in himelf despite agreeing, a wrecked arm laying limpy at his side being a sign that he wasn't the type to take bad treatment easily. Having such a injury likely met he wasn't going to last long if he was put into hard labor "and don't you think someone would just come take their place if they were defeated?".

"There's always another guy... Yeah..." The bug alien sighed. "Back on Arlia we had a terrible king who enslaved us all. Then Frieza's army came, not to rescue us, but to continue the king's work in a different manner..."

"Remember when the Saiyans were the most feared? When their planet exploded everyone thought they finally have peace. But then what? Frieza bacame more powerful." Someone in the Rhino's cell added.

"Yeah. People rumored Frieza did it to destroy his competition." The bug guy replied.

"Then why is that Saiyan working for Frieza?" Aelith wondered.

"God knows. Maybe he's a guilible idiot?" The Torian from the other cell chuckled. 
 "I bet it is true. I don't think Frieza would let them know. He needed the remaining Saiyans to do his bidding."

(Big letters o3o)

Maren feeling the weight of what his situation was finally beginning to fall onto his chest, even if he had never met this Frieza alien, the human could easily tell now that there was little chance of getting back home anytime soon. Just from the sound of it, it seemed like the others in the cells next to him had their own experiences with the figures army and hadn't come out of it in good shape, him probably being damned lucky that he had not been blown up with his planet as had happened to many others. 

"I hate this..." Muttering under his breath as all this talk of various planets and what had happened far, far away from Earth was just confusing Maren more and more, the human didn't get why any of this was going on. Between all the other creatures in these cells that were likely ten times stronger than he was at their weakest, why the hell had been taken from his home in the first place? What use could he possibly have besides being yet another dead body?

(I'm on my phone so I can't fix it yet xD)

The aliens discussed for a few more minutes, then silence began to full the air again. No one knew how long had passed since their departure, but it seemed most of them had fallen asleep. Aelith didn't however. It was as if she didn't need any sleep. She sat in the same pose, staring into the distance, probably thinking about the past or the future.

It was roughly an hour when the ship rumbled again. The robotic voice in the speakers told everyone on board they were getting ready to board the mothership. The guards were running around to check everything and prepare for it.

(It's alright XD Just funny as anything because it looks like it's shouted.)

Maren, along with the rhino looking alien and a few others beginning to fall asleep after a while once they ran out of things to talk about, Maren himself didn't sleep well with the thought that he would likely never make it back home being in the back of his mind. Everyone he knew, everyone that he cared for likely thought he was either dead or had fallen down some pit to die a slow and painful death...not something terribly uncommon and it being one of the many reasons so few ventured to the surface. What would his parents think?...would they even care that he had disappeared so suddenly?

These thoughts only being able to be dwelled on for an hour or so as the ship rumbled and the sound of guards shouting orders to each other could soon be heard, albeit muffled, within the cells, Maren only bothered to open his eyes when the ship decided to lurch forward and nearly every alien in the cells were shifted off their feet. It was unnerving, to say the least, a few groans of complaints coming from the creature's that were now awake.

An enormous space ship shaped like a dish revealed itself. Compared to it, the other ship looked so tiny. A hatch opened to take in the smaller cargo ship. Once it had safely landed inside, the rumbling stopped. It took another 20 minutes for them to unload the supplies.. Eventually, the guards came and began forcing them out of the cells. They were led out of the ship and escotted into an open space.

The Saiyan was leaning on one of the walls watching them in boredom from afar. He secretly wished Vegeta and Nappa had let him tag along. It was boring. His attention was diverted to a long headed alien oming through the door. 

"Are these the new slaves?" The alien asked.

"No, they are Frieza's make up artist,. You idiot, of course they are the new slaves, Appule." The saiyan rolled his eyes.

"Stop acting like a pain in the ass, Raditz." The long haired alien snapped.

"Anyway, my job is done. They're all yours." Raditz moved away from the wall, attempting to leave.

"You should know better than to make fun of Lord Frieza, monkey. You are lucky they haven't demoted you to guarding duty. A weaking like y-" Mummured Appule.

That pushed a button. The saiyan turned around and grabbed Appule by the collar of his armor. "A weakling like who? I'm more than capable of ripping off your head right here and now. I would call Frieza a bitch if I want." He pushed the alien away and walked off through the open door.

Aelith tilted her head. "They seem to hate one another. I wonder what was it about."

The Torian was in fact snickering. His ears had the blessing of super hearing and he had picked it all up. That was funny.

"What is it Isvan?" Aelith looked up at the nearly 2 meter tall cat alien, confused.

"Just soomething funny."

"What is it?"

Before there could be an answer, the guards had urged them forward again.

(Trying to put my share into moving the story forward :p Your a lot better at this than I am)

Maren, the rhino looking alien, and about a dozen or so others not putting up the protest they could have as they were led to what would be their eventual fates, no one seemed to be willing to be a hero seeing as what had happened to the outspoken individual from earlier. It was common instinct to not want to die and no one was truly dumb enough to think they could do more than get a beating or worse for protesting. Yes, it was a 'pathetic' sight that a group of so many were being controlled by only a few, but there was no common unity to convince anyone that working together was the best way to go right now.

"Freak..." Muttering quietly under his breath as he caught sight of the long-haired alien who had nearly broken his skull earlier as they were herded into an open space, the human's strong-willed spirit hadn't been broken down by the jerk just yet as he gave a sharp glare to the individual. Assuming that the alien would at least not be able to hear him from the distance he was at, Maren knew at least one individual behind him had heard as the sound of an annoyed sight reached his ears. The triple eyes alien
had seen the result of the cocky human mocking Raditz earlier, a second time surely to be the death of the teen.

Being unable to hear the sound of the two alien's arguing a distance away, nearly everyone could at least see that the two had some sort of dislike for each other. It seemed many here had a dislike for each other, most of them probably not having been put into their positions willingly in the first place. Maren hearing the sound of the Torian snickering nearby just as they were urged forward though, the human growled angrily under his breath as he would have given nearly anything to be able to show that he was capable of fending his own.

The group of slaves being led into an area that was only slightly smaller than the previous one as they were herded forward, some rather forcefully as they lagged behind, it was nearly identical to the one from earlier sides the fact that various groups of soldiers lingered here and there, some snickering at the sight of the beaten down group of captured aliens. It wasn't as if they hadn't seen similar groups before, but this one looked especially pathetic. Most of them would probably die in their first few days in the mines, the weakest looking individuals like the human and the bug girl probably only being good for target practice.

The new slaves were led through a few corridors then into a chamber where about a hundred others like them were kept. The only improvement was that there appeared to be food and drink provided in small amount. The long faced alien was discussing with some others about setting up the course for planet #915, assumingly where they would be mining. And something about health evaluation?

They weren't put into the cells right away. Instead, the guards led them into a clinic like room, where a scanning machine was, and a few scientist. The aliens were speaking in a different language but somehow Aelith could translate them.

"They are going to scan our power level, and make sure we don't carry any contagious diseases." She explained.

Maren feeling the urge to show these freaks a thing or two as he and the other slaves were led through a few halls and into what seemed to be a large room like before, the human was clearly weaker than most of the others who were being kept in the chamber despite his bad attitude, even the weaker among the group's probably being ale to beat Maren to a pulp if he stepped out of line. It was unnerving, to say the least...the human had never been around anyone but other humans, him always having assumed that he would be strong enough beat anyone who came his way. It didn't seem that was going to be a possibility anymore though, Maren watching as individuals were put into the scanning machine while Aelith explained what the machine did.

"Power level? You mean kinda like strength?" Maren glancing at Aelith as the group they were in was herded towards the machine, the human could feel his heart pounding as the first alien, a thick-skinned looking creature, was made to go into the scanner. Maren being only a few individuals behind the alien as he shifted nervously in his chains, it didn't take long for the stranger to get a reading back of just under 400 as he was pushed along. The line moving along until it was Maren and Aelith's turn, the human had decided in his mind that he wasn't going to make this easy...why should he go along willingly through this when his life was potentially on the line?

(I need to varify Aelith is not a bug girl xD i will draw her when i have time) 

"Yeah. It's how they know how strong you are." She nodded slightly. She watched the aliens walk through the scanner one by one. It seemed most of them were around 200 to 400. When it was finally their turn, she looked at Maren to see if he wanted to go first, but he. Didn't seem like he wanted to. She stepped forward and stood in the scanner. 

The light swept through her and the machine beeped. 

{{Species: Rians. Height: xxx Weight xxx Condition: Healthy. Power level: Error// Undetectable}} 

"That's a first."

The scientists looked surprised. They tried the scan a few times but got the same result. They looked pretty confused and eventually decided to let her join the group because she didn't seem to be dangerous anyway. It was strange but everything else was scanable, except for her power level, so they thought it was a glitch.

"Alright, next." The guard said to Maren.

(Oh geez >< I am sorry. I probably got it confused back in that cell part. And take your time! I know mine personally wasn't the best drawing, but I am curious...what do you think of Maren so far?)

Maren watching curiously as most of the alien's who went through the scanner seemed to be around 200-400, the human had no idea what it met but assumed he would probably be only a little below it, him being pretty confident in his abilities when he was not bound. Lagging behind Aelith despite his confidence as he wasn't really sure what to make of the machine before them though, Maren wanted ...no, he was just a little curious if this mysterious girl would be stronger than him. Maybe it made him a wimp, but for having never seen a piece of electrical equipment in his life the teen felt he was doing pretty damned well.

The human raising a brow as Aelith went into the machine before him, Maren and only about three others behind him were left as the girl got her scan. A few murmurs coming from the remaining slaves as it seemed that Aeilith's power level was undetectable for some odd reason as the machine swept over her, no one had really seen this happen before with any of the hundreds of others who had gone through it. It especially left the fight-happy Maren disappointed, the teen having been looking forward to how strong she was.

'Well, there goes that. Maybe I won't be the weakest here after all'

Glaring at the guard's as he was pushed forward to go into the machine, Maren felt his heart racing as he had never seen anything like it before, just as nearly everything else around here. The only thing that stopped the teen from freaking out was his want to see what his own power level was, his deciding to brave it for now as le let himself be scanned.

{{Species: Human. Height: 5'1 Weight 145 Condition: moderate. Power level: 23}}

(He's great. Btw I can do a drawing of him too if you tell be the color.)

There were snickers from many aliens that had already gone through the scanner. 

"I told you the kid is all talk." Someone said.

The scientists also looked disappointed. But then it was a fine reading compared to most other humans they had scanned before. Maren was urged forward so the rest can be scanned.

The Torian was the next person. 

{{Species: Torian. Height: xxx. Weight: xxx. Condition: Moderate. Minor fractures of the bone structure detected. Power level: 759.}}

(Alright, thanks, ^^ I like Aeilith too, she is kinda cute~ I would LOVE you to do that for me though! I am a hell of a lot better at drawing animals and the like than human figures so it would be much appreciated).

I will send you his colors in a message in just a bit ^~^ He isn't terribly special looking.)

Maren feeling his heart drop into the pit of his stomach in humiliation when he heard the other aliens snickering at what his level had read out, the human had been doing his best so far to avoid doing anything terribly stupid that could end up with him being in a worse situation than earlier. Even if he was prone to starting fights and arguments, the headstrong teen knew better until now than to think he could take on anyone around him. Of course, even if he knew better if didn't mean he wasn't going to start something for the hell of it, him just waiting for the right opportunity to get back at his perceived captors.

"Is...uh, 23 good?" Maren whispering to Aelith as the Torian's power level from earlier was read as 759, the human easily brushed it off as being because the individual was an 'alien'...not something he himself seemed to realize he was to everyone else here as well now. To Maren, he was the only 'normal' one here, everyone else being kind of weird looking in his eyes  "I bet I could kick that cat guy's ass right here and now".

Back
Top Bottom