Disgraced beginnings: A.U DBZ ( potato/hairball)

The other aliens didn't reply. Aside from a few who seemed like they had seen similar things all their life, the rest were either trembling or trying to look away. There were weak sobbing voices from among them. The henchmen took the dead alien's chain off and kicked the body away. They then continued pushing the people at the back of the line. The death they'd just witnessed seemed to be motivating. None of them tried to resist anymore and moved along. They were led back outside into an open space. A medium sized spaceship was there already. Around the ship, soldier like aliens wearing armor and weapons were running around, loading the ship with cargo.

A humanoid alien with a different armor design from the rest seemed to be the one in charge. He was the closest to a human to be seen around, with a tan skin-tone. The only abnormal thing about him was the massive amount of hair he got. His hair was spiky, long and massive, reaching all the way to his knees. The fish-woman went over to speak to him in her gushy manner. The man glanced over to the group of slaves standing behind the woman.

"Is that all you've got?"

"You've got to understand, it's getting harder to find them nowadays. But our hunters have found a potential hunting ground. We'll send a transmission when we have more."

"Hmph." He grunted and began walking to the chained aliens. He looked at each of them, probably evaluating their strength. Then, he stopped at the cat-like guy. "Oh, lookie here." He smirked. "A Torian? Did we miss one of you?"

"Get the **** out of my face, saiyan." The cat-alien snarled.

The man just chuckled in amusement. Then he looked over to Maren, and raised an eye-brow. He motioned for the woman to come over.

"Are you serious? What can this little runt do? Be a meat shield?"

Maren trying to keep up his 'tough guy' stance despite knowing very well by now that he had underestimated the creature's around him, the young human felt incredibly out of place among the variously shaped aliens being led along on chains ahead of him. Maybe it was a good thing that he didn't possess natural armor or poison skin though, the likelihood of him, in particular, being seeing as a decent slave being slim to none and Maren's muscle mass being weak, to say the least. The only thing the rather short human really had going for him was the sheer will to survive and a particularly bad attitude to go along with it, Maren not intending nor even having been the easiest to control when he got an idea in his mind.

Following along reluctantly to a large open space that he had not previously seen before having been thrown into the back room they had come from, Maren wasn't really expecting to see anyone even similar in appearance to him as he spotted what appeared to be some kind of ship before them, the sight of it seeming to interest the human more than the actual humanoid nearby for a minute or so as he had clearly never seen anything like it before. Sure, he had heard of stories about such things just as most of his kind had, but this was the first time he had actually seen anything like it in actuality. 

The clinking of chains around his wrists quickly reminding Maren that he wasn't exactly in a sight-seeing type of situation though as he and the other prisoner's were moved along, the teen let out an audible and clearly confused 'what' under his breath as he soon caught sight of the long haired humanoid approaching him and the others before him. At first glance, this unnamed being seemed...to be another human perhaps? No, it couldn't be...there was something 'unnatural' about the presence the man gave off, no matter how similar he looked to Maren in build. This wasn't someone to be trusted, not a chance. And that tail...what was up with that...?

Refusing to make eye contact with the mysterious being that he continued to have a bad feeling about, Maren only bothered to look up from his reddened and chained wrists when he knew he was being called a 'little runt' and a 'meat shield', his oversized sense of pride being riled as he glared angrily at the man despite being unable to make a move towards him and the Torian as he wanted to do "come here and say that to my face y-you tailed freak!!!".

It was just another boring day like any others for the saiyan. Since Frieza had basically taken most of the galaxy over, there had been less easy planet to attend to, leaving fighters like him unoccupied. Unremarkable fighters like him had it worst. Eventually he found himself running stupid errands or over-looking minor things (such as this), while his other two comrades have fun clearing a high-level planet. He had always been bitter about it. 

And Like any other restocking trip, he expected little to none excitement. So, when the little alien slave provoked him, Raditz was astonished.

He pushed a few aliens aside and walked over to the young creature. The brat seemed even smaller now that he was near it.

"Quite the attitude for a midget. So? I'm waiting, little runt." He crossed his arms and glared down.

The Torian looked at Maren and face-palmed. 

Maybe he was getting in over his head with thinking that he could take on, well, anyone in this room as he was getting some enjoyment out of taunting the humanoid nearby, but Maren had never been one to know exactly when to give up on something, even if it was a matter that could result in his ego being brought down a notch or two. The young human wasn't going to willingly allow the long-haired freak before him just call him a 'meat bag' without some sort of retaliation, Maren only hesitating when he saw the full height of his apparent foe when the man stepped in front of him.

"I-I..." Glaring up at the stranger as he was for once beginning to regret his choice in picking an intentional fight, Maren was brash but he wasn't stupid, him knowing full well by the muscles on this humanoid that he could probably break him in two if he wanted to do so. And with his wrists still being shackled what choice did he have in the ways of fighting? The only thing Maren could truly do to show his disdain was to quite literally spit in the face of his enemy, the boy not seeming to realize that doing so was most likely a death wish seeing as what had happened with the fish-like alien from earlier "don't fucking call me a midgit!".

All of the other slaves tried to stay away from Maren and the long haired alien as much as their chains allowed them to, in case the saiyan decide to blow the kid up.

Meanwhile, Raditz couldn't help but let out a laugh. Of course there was no hope in getting a good fight. Despite being only a low-class soldier he still had more than enough power to blow the little alien up right where he stood. Unless the brat had any trick up his sleeves, the Saiyan saw him as much of a threat as a dead fly.

"So what if I do? What're you gonna do, midget? hit me?" He grinned devilishly. He should blast the brat into bits if he dared to attack. But then again, Frieza might not like him killing his new slaves.

Maren feeling his blood boiling with the cocky alien before him, the young human wanted nothing more than to be able to tear this freak's tail off with how similar they both looked if not for the odd looking appendage. There was no way this stranger was any stronger than he was seeing as they were both humans, Maren figuring this guy was all talk and no bite like so many others he had gotten into fights with back on Earth. Of course, he was dead wrong on that fact, the only thing being similar between him being their outward appearance.

"Stop calling me a damned midget!!" Yelling angrily as the stranger before him dared to insult him yet again, Maren managed to take somewhat of a swing at the man despite his chains preventing much movement with his arms, his legs being free enough to also land a kick despite not fully connecting. Maren wasn't exactly expertly trained in combat, that was clear, his method simply being to try and go all out before the enemy could land a blow.

Raditz watched the little alien hitting and kicking him with unchanged expression. The attack didn't even seem to hurt him at all. He just looked bored out of his mind. A soldier came over and told him the ship was ready. He raised his hand in a lazy motion and flicked his fingers at Maren's forehead. It looked like a normal flick of the fingers but the power in it was incredible. The human teen was sent flying off his feet and slammed into the other slaves behind him. They were all knocked off their feet and feel to the ground.

"You should be glad don't feel like dirtying my hands with your blood. Enough play-time." Said the saiyan, turning to the soldiers. "Bring them into the ship."

Unused to being against anything or anyone even similar to the being that stood before him as he attempted to land a punch or two to prove the point that he wasn't a 'midget', Maren didn't seem to understand that his blows had absolutely no effect on the alien humanoid as he did manage to land a few good hits, to no avail. If he had hit a human with the same power he would have probably left a pretty nasty bruise and maybe even a broken rib or two, but....seeing that the man before him seemed to be growing increasingly bored with his attempt at an attack, Maren couldn't help but panic a little internally at the realization that he quite literally could do nothing at all.

"What?..I-I don't-" Not even getting a chance to finish his sentence as a powerful...overpowerful, flick of the alien's finger to his forehead managed to send him crashing into the group of slaves behind him, Maren felt his pride shatter into pieces as it was immediately clear he was likely among the weakest beings here, a gash on his forehead being nothing to laugh at from his crash as a pair of obedient soldiers went to take the human to the waiting ship, Maren wincing in serious pain as blood dripped from his eyes and onto his chest. Neither of the pair seeming to truly care about it though as it was an easily repaired wound, the human being lucky to not have a hole blasted through his chest with how he has misbehaved.

All the slaves were taken into a section of the ship full of prison cells. They were divided into groups and each group pushed into different ones. Maren was thrown into the same cell as two terrified bug-like female aliens. Another one was a male alien with stag-horn and a lizard tail.  The door closed and lovked behind him with a loud metallic sound. 

"I hope you have learned how idiotic you are" The Torian said from his cell opposite Maren's. 

"Yeah, even Isvan wouldn't be able to take on a saiyan. He's the strongest here. What chance do you have?" Another alien said from somewhere.

Maren feeling a rage in his heart against his captors even if he was unable to physically go against them successfully, the teen was only now beginning to realize that he stood little chance of going against anyone in his new surroundings, most of them appearing to be a different species entirely compared to him and probably being stronger to boot. The dried blood on his forehead finally having stopped at his chin, Maren only bothered to wipe it away once he had been thrown into what seemed to be a prison cell as he sat up with an annoyed huff, glancing confused at the bug-like aliens he shared his cell with.

"Th-the only one who is an idiot is one that doesn't fight for their freedom" His sense of pride cracking despite trying his best to put up a strong front still, Maren recognized the voice of the Torian coming from a nearby cell as he continued to try and wipe the hardened blood off his face "I didn't see you putting up much of a protest" his head throbbing painfully from having more than just a little headache over the day's events, the human couldn't help but be curious as to just what this 'Saiyan' word he kept hearing was all about "I don't care what weird alien race that guy was, he deserved everytime he had coming for him".

The Torian looked at Maren with the expression as if he was greatly offended by the human. Had the brat stupid enough to not see his badly beaten up body. Though, for unknown reason, unlike his sarcastic and arrogant manner he had shown earlier, he made no attempt to retort. He only sat down at a corner. After a few minutes, he looked up. His expression was hidden in the darkness, only his cat eyes glowing brightly.

"Three saiyans alone-" He raised three fingers. "Annihilated everything on my planet in a week. Know your enemy. With that attitude you're gonna get yourself killed before you can even break those chains. Just jumping at them won't work."

Once having thought he knew everything there was to know about the world around him, Maren had been until today unaware that there were other species and inhabited planets besides his own, the thought that aliens might exist having been just a silly story that had no place in any sane person's mind. Now that he had been proven completely wrong though and then some, Maren had little choice but to listen to the Torian nearby as he wiped away the remaining bit of blood on his forehead, a deep cut remaining once it was relatively cleaned.

"Well, what the hell am I supposed to do? I can't just stand there and let that guy call me a midget" Shaking his head as he sighed and tried to avoid feeling any type of sympathy for the Torian as he explained that his planet had been wiped out in just over a week by the Saiyan's, Maren didn't even know this aliens name...how could he feel this bad over someone who probably thought he was just some cocky brat? Still, though, it wasn't as if the teen wasn't already missing his own planet, the thought of it actually being destroyed not being something the human wanted to get into his head "I bet if these chains had been off I could have done more than just some wimped out kicks".

"Yes, you could." The bug-like alien shrugged. "But I wouldn't try."

"Say, you manage to hit him some more, then what?" The Torian snicketed.

"Then die a horrible death?" Someone laughed.

"Is he still on about that?" Another voice came from a nearby cell.

"Face it kid, with your current strength nothing you do will make a change"

One of the girls in Maren's cell walked over. "Stop picking on the new guy, would you?" She said in annoyance. The girl was pure white with long blue hair. She leaned to look at Maren's injury. "May I?"

Unused to not being able to stand up for himself physically as everyone around him seemed to want to make some snide comment about his strength, Maren could only try and not let this get to him as he remained near a wall and kept his eyes glued to the ground, thoughts on how to get out of this situation beginning to fall into his mind as he knew there had to be some way out of this cell. Sure, he had been pretty stupid until now and had picked a fight with someone who could have easily killed him, but at least he was learning who and who not to argue with around this place.

Only bothering to look up when he heard someone walking over to him though, Maren seemed to be confused when a rather strange looking girl with long, blue hair came to look at his injuries as he shifted them out of her sights, his eyes showing a complete mistrust of nearly anyone around him right now "I-I can look after them myself" shaking his head despite needing the girl's help, Maren winced as he knew his injuries were probably worse than they looked "Just go, I don't need anyone".

"S...sorry." The girl retreated her hand in embarrassment. She stood there awkwardly for a while then sat down next to him but still stay far enough to not invade his personal space. The bug alien decided to lay down and take a nap. The noises subsided around them.

Then, the ship slightly vibrated. There was a loud sound coming from beneath them. The engine was starting. The spaceship took to the sky smoothly and when it was in the air, the engine became quiet like it was never there. Had the prison cells had any wimdow, they would be able to see the ship leaving the atmosphere. 

"Looks like we're finally moving..." The girl said with a sigh. She turned to Maren. "We'll be stuck here for a while, mighf aswell get to know each other? I'm Aelith. What's your name?"

Near immediately realizing the mistake he had made with brushing off the seemingly kind alien before him, Maren hesitated as he saw how embarrassed the poor girl seemed to be because of it, him not knowing what to say as he simply remained by the wall and tried to think of something to cheer the stranger up. Even if he was a hard ass, Maren didn't try to intentionally be one to most...it was simply a set personality that tended to get him into unfortunate situations like these, the teen let out a sigh as he could soon feel his cell rumbling from the ship taking off for an unknown destination.

Not really wanting to start a conversation with the Torian or any of the other creatures around him, Maren was still somehow a bit relieved when the girl who had spoken to him before suggested they get to know each other, him nodding a bit despite feeling even she was probably stronger than him by this point "Maren, the names Maren. I..i'm really sorry about earlier too, I didn't mean to snap at you".

(Do I sense a bit of friendship in the future? :p)

"I understand. Many of us used to be like you. Young and fearless." Aelith smiled faintly. "I hope you will forgive them. They all had lost their hopes, some even had their loved ones killed before their eyes. Now they think anyone who want to escape are stupid..."

"But I do hope you don't try to attack them. They won't spare you next time. Especially Frieza, if we ever meet him."

(Yes haha btw I think we should draw pictures of the chatacters for reference)

(Geez >< I completely forgot about that! Yeah, I will make a sketch and have it up later for ya.)

"Yeah, i'll forgive them. There isn't much reason not to" Maren shrugging his shoulders as he really didn't see any reason to truly hate the Torian or the other aliens who had mocked him earlier, it was obvious that all of them were in not so good straits and they each had a reason to be angry because of it. It wasn't as if Maren had seen any of his loved ones killed or had seen his home destroyed...he had simply been captured by a group of idiots who were looking for easy money while he had been in the wrong place at the wrong time "Personally, I think they are stupid for not wanting to escape".

Shifting in his binds as he tried to get rid of them stiff feeling they gave him, Maren tensed as he once again heard that damned name of 'Frieza' again, him still not getting why this guy was such a big deal. The human felt like he had heard it a hundred times before but no one had really said just why they were so intimidated yet out loud "hey, uh..I don't know if I should ask this, but who exactly is this Frieza everyone keeps talking about?".

"You don't go out much I suppose?" Said Aelith. It was surprising that by now there were people who hadn't heard of Frieza. "He is a galactic overlord. He and his men go around taking over planets, and sometimes destroy them. All the strongest fighters work for Frieza, even the saiyans. He is probably why your planet is in such a bad state."

"I saw the buildings. They must've been pretty before." She put her arms on her knees and rested her chin on them.

Most human's not bothering to come up above ground much less think of traveling to other planets, even Maren hadn't really thought of the fact that there was a reason Earth looked the way it did and that it hadn't always been a nearly barren wasteland. The dry deserts and dunes were simply an accepted fact of life for the teen up until this point, even if he did occasionally drift off in thought of how much easier it would have been to not have to survive on what little life, deer or otherwise, was left back home.

"Wait, you Saw Earth??" Tilting his head confused as Aelith claimed she had seen the buildings back on Earth, Maren didn't seem all as interested in the talk of Frieza as much as he was about what the girl had seen, "d-did they find anyone else?? a sense of urgency in his voice as his heart sped up with the thought of having another human around, Maren could only hope that he wasn't going to be 'alone' for much longer.

Back
Top Bottom