DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well... If you say all these things why are we cuffed?" Jaz questioned softly. "I kinda don't get it... It sure is kind of you to think that way tho'!"

Jaz and Kire let out a sigh at the same time, Jaz out of confusion and Kire out of annoyance. Regardless, both father and daughter stuck close. Kire, for the first time in front of the others, seem very protective of his little girl.

"You foolish child... He's patronizing us! If you dont have any understanding of the situation  then keep your mouth shut." Panich snapped. "Honestly I thought we had smarter warriors on our side!"
She was tired of all the unnecessary noise she was hearing from the ignorant child.

"Panich..." Bage started, hoping she wouldnt cause any tension between the group.

Brachi remained silent, before she blinked at a presence next to her... it was her husband, Xenest.

"Xenest?! How did you get here?!" She asked.

"I tried to save you after I saw you getting caught by one of those beams, but they took me when I was about to reach you. My future counterpart is with the others on the Tenochi-01." He replied.

Arcann let out a half chuckle at the bickering.

"Of course. But since you asked, don't take my respect for admittance of superiority. Here you stand with cuffs around your wrist; you certainly don't have the power to contend with me."

"Please. These cuffs are the only reason you have any power over me." Panich rolled her eyes. "And why have we stopped, did you have a sudden change of heart and have decided to let us go?"

"You seem very confident that you've won. Overconfidence never gets anyone anywhere, and I suggest that you take that advice to your 'warm heart'." Oriko growled at Arcann.

With the way these fools continue to speak, he'll have our heads in mere moments. Mioi thought to herself.

"Supposing it is true currently, where is it you've taken us? If you were to have killed us, I'm sure you would have done it by now like you did those two Saiyans on Earth. You want something from us all, I am sure." Mioi was sure Arcann had something malicious planned, and not knowing was singing her nerves. She was relatively aware of the practices captors could inflict on prisoners; torture, interrogation, or enslavement. She didn't have anywhere to escape either, which made the situation all the more grim.

Arcann glanced between Brachi and Panich for a moment, before slowly turning to face towards Oriko.

"Indeed, but my pride is fully warranted. Take your friends for example here: your fleets were beaten to a pulp in a matter of minutes by our might. Yet somehow, they believe the only thing keeping them in line are the cuffs around their wrists..."

The boyish man suddenly moved up behind Panich, forcefully kicking at the back of her thigh to bring her down onto one knee. Arcann's rage was clear in his expression, having lost any semblance of control he held merely seconds ago as he pulled on the top of Panich's head through her hair. His one eye turned up to Mioi for a moment, his voice nearly seething in hatred.

"The telepath brings up a factor you haven't considered: I could kill you. Right here, right now...just like I killed those worthless Saiyans on Earth."

The man slowly stepped back, pushing Panich's head forward before releasing his grip on her hair.

"The only reason why you still breathe in the heart of our Empire is because of my father. The Immortal Emperor of Zakuul. Keep testing my patience and perhaps I will deny him the privilege of speaking to worthless trash."

"Hey!!" Bage snapped as Arcann forced his wife to the ground struggling as two guards held him back.
Panich grunted after having her hair released.
The princess stayed on one knee hesitantly before picking herself up.
Panich glared intensely at Arcann.
"Keep acting high and mighty you little-" 

"Panich please!" Bage pleaded to keep his wife from getting into anymore trouble.

"I can't honestly recommend letting him get to you any more. Of course, this is coming from a guy whose been a prisoner ever since he was a young man, so get yourself knocked out." Solaris said.

Jaz and kire stared silently at Arcann but weren't at all intimidated by his rough act. Jaz seemed to learn from this and still talked to him friendly, despite the snarky remarks from the others. She listened to the man intently but seemed to want to do her own thing. Regardless if Arcann let her or now, it didn't bug her. Kire, however, remained silent, almost as if trying to keep his precious daughter hidden away from Arcann. It was obvious that he cared for Jaz more than anything else in the world but he didn't seem to want her in any danger. Kire was acting a little stranger than he normally did but then again, they barely knew the man. Jaz trailed off from behind her father and stood before Arcann. She had guts, to say the least but she didn't want to fight, if anything, she just wanted to talk.

"Emperor Za... Zathulu? You got a cool daddy like me!" Jaz said sheepishly. "But I thought Veggie' was the emperor? My mind has been blank for a while, I can't remember much so you gotta level with me."

"Jaz!" Kire whispered loudly. "Get back over here! Leave the man alone! Can't you see he'll rip you to ribbons if you look at him wrong? Come back here now, young lady!"

"I'm not gonna hurt him!" Jaz rebelled (heh lol) while she lifted her cuffed hands. "Not like I can anyways!"

Brachi narrowed her eyes at Arcann after seeing him strike at Panich so sudden.

"Someday you're going to wish you hadn't done that." She muttered under her breath, remaining unbroken in spirit, yet she remained at ease.

Xenest noticed that Brachi was clearly agitated and yet so calm... he believed that the experience with Ruthas must have still left an effect on her...

Vegetto eyes narrowed slightly at the mention of his name, but the fusion stayed silent. Arcann kept his one eye narrowed at Jaz, lightly pushing her backwards with his left arm and a conceited snarl.

"You should listen to your father, child. Your pestering is starting to annoy me."

Another robed human man with neatly combed brown hair slowly made his way forward from the chamber across the hallway, having come to a halt as Arcann turned to face him. The boyish man's tone had risen slightly in enthusiasm, but it was clear he held a sarcastic opinion of the man based on his speech alone.

"Ah, Heskal. How did your weekly meeting of religious nonsense go with father this time?"

The man addressed as Heskal glanced over to the cast of warriors behind Arcann with narrowed eyes, before turning to face back towards Arcann.

"You may close your ears to the whispers of fate, my prince, but they can not be silenced. You should not have brought them here."

Arcann rolled his eye visibly, his tone darkening.

"Please, old man. You predicted my death on Earth after I left earlier and nothing came of it. You foresaw the final defeat of the Eternal Fleet at the hands of your champions here, and we crushed them without even trying. Now you rant on and on about how they'll end up killing our Emperor..."

Heskal's eyes remained narrowed.

"They are not my champions. Your deaths here are foreseen, prince. Kill them now, or you will both die to their hands today."

The man remained still, watching Arcann slowly approach.

"No...I think I'll honor father's wishes. Regardless of his fate, I already know the effect your word has on mine. And like your worth to our Empire, it means nothing."

The prince's tone grew venomous.

"Take your superstitious nonsense elsewhere, Heskal. You're not needed here, not anymore."

Darth Marr's voice rung out next, the agitation clear in his tone.

"Is this why you brought us?! To hear you bicker with soothsayers?!"

Arcann grunted in response, moving past Heskal's side and walking forward.

"Come along then."

The guards forced the remaining group to continue walking behind Arcann, Heskal walking past the other warriors and disappearing into the shuttle from where they arrived.

Brachi and Xenest both walked along, with Xenest keeping both of his dark powers at bay, while Brachi was keeping herself in control as well, although anyone with a Saiyan's mindset could clearly feel the agitation on the multi-fusion girl.

Xenest knew his wife well, feeling she was already planning out her course of vengeance, hoping to use time to her advantage. Being part Human on Brachi's part would allow her to use some level of cunning to deceive her enemies, which could prove to be an advantage when played right. For now, Xenest felt that Brachi decided to play the waiting game, as if wanting to gather some level of intelligence on her end, seeing if she could use it to her advantage.

After overhearing the humans prediction, Panich's agitation toward Arcann went away. The princess gave a small smirk that quickly faded as she continued the walk.

"Are you alright?" Bage asked from behind.

"You don't have to worry about me. I'm fine." Panich replied quietly. She noticed Brachi's frustration but decided it was best to leave her be.

Having lead the group through the last door, Arcann began to increase his pace as he walked farther along. Vegetto and Gogeta both glanced around at the massive new throne room they found themselves in. A singlar walkway led to a circular platform, situated within an open spherical terrace with glass windows showing the planet's surface beneath them. The same fleet responsible for defeating the combined forces of the warriors floated off in the distance to the west, while more golden armored soldiers wielding ignited blue saber staffs stood at attention on either side of the walkway.

eternal-throne.jpg

SWTOR_KOTFE_EternalThroneRoom_Concept.0.jpg

2fb8ZbE.jpg

Whis kept a small half smile as he studied the room, his bound hands in front of him.

"Well, they certainly know how to build decorative structures in this Empire. I wonder how their delicacies compare to Earth's."

Vegetto's eyes immediately widened at the sight of the man standing in front of the massive throne in the very center of the room. Arcann bowed his head, kneeling down onto one knee with the entire contingent of guards and sages alike while he spoke.

"His Glorious Majesty. Immortal Master and Protector of Zakuul..."

The white flame burned brightly atop the Dread Saiyan's head, his black cape neatly cascading down the stairs as he walked towards the group.

"Emperor Valkorian."

The Dread Saiyan kept a cold, yet genuine smile as he came within ten feet of the group of warriors, his arms at his sides.

"Welcome."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom