DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panich and Bage were astonished at the sight. It was unbelievable. Both Saiyans stared, speechless. 
The only thing that could be felt was a lump of anger in Panich's throat.

....? Mioi didn't seem to make any sort of reaction. Did the others recognize the man?

"..." All the Marclops could do was gaze at Valkorian in silence. Being bound with such heavy cuffs, she knew better than to speak out of turn to high ranked royalty who was their captor.
Emperor... is it the one who has been behind all of this chaos all along?... if only my memory wasn’t impaired from that explosion...

Kira looked at him and unrestrained rage showed itself, her trying to free herself to attack. Solaris took a look around.

"Oh... I see that a number of people here have something against the Emperor. Fantastic."

"Oh man.. he reminds me of someone else who has fire hair..." Jaz trembled slightly. Obviously, she thought about the evil version of Jr. she met a long time ago. "And usually... people with fire for hair are bad news." Jaz quivered behind her father.

"Now now, easy there, Jaz." Kire comforted. "Just stick by me and I'll keep ya' safe. Just... gimmie a second to think up something." He whispered.

Jaz only stared at the fire-headed emperor and seemed to keep her distance from the man. She didn't want a repeat of what happened, assuming he'd do the same thing. She seemed both angry and scared but while bounded, there was nothing she can do now. She only whispered to her father.

"He kinda looks like evil Jr... with the fire hair and stuff."

The Dread Saiyan broke out into a small smirk at Brachi's question.

"That is a word for it, yes. Not as you imagine, I assume, but you're not far off from the truth."

His attention then turned slightly towards Jaz, crossing his arms behind his back.

"Your friend here represents the opposing viewpoint to yours, as I've also foreseen..."

He then slowly lifted both arms, clasping his hands tightly together.

"Two misguided points combined...creates truth."

Vegetto's eyes remained wide.

"Your energy signature...it's....it's completely different. How?"

The Dread Saiyan kept his smirk, unclasping his hands and allowing his arms to fall back to his sides.

"Appearances can be deceiving...'father'."

He broke out into an ominous dark chuckle.

"Forgive me, I gave into the temptation of seizing the dramatic moment. As simply as I can put this, you're right: I'm not the same Dread Saiyan you harbor such ill feelings towards."

The flame continued to burn brightly atop the Saiyan's head, the Dread Saiyan beginning to pace in front of the others.

"His memories...his psyche itself, however, are now apart of me. It was fascinating, delving into the mind of a being without emotional connection. To look in and see him wield pride, fear, and condescension onto others, yet not be able to feel it for himself."

The Dread Saiyan soon stopped at the end of the line, his arms gesturing to the throne room.

"His rational mind could not avoid such a distraction, such power radiating from this place. All I had to do was send an explosion of my energy out into the universe and like a moth to a flame, he came. Unknown to him, he discovered my presence too late...and his body was now my own."

Jaz listened to the man speak and it all started to come back to her. When he addressed Vegetto as 'father' she only knew of one other person who would call him that. She wasn't sure what was going on but this man might have a connection with Jr. She finally spoke out from the group, her tone seemingly worried. 

"Do you know where Jr. is?" She said bravely, stepping out of the group and towards the man. Kire seemed powerless to stop her. He listened, nonetheless. "You look so familiar to me and I can only assume as to who you are. Please... if you know where Jr. is, take me to him. I'll do anything to meet him again."

"This is quite confusing..." Mioi said, looking down at her cuffed hands to think, before her eye widened a bit, believing herself to have some clue into what Emperor Valkorian was saying.

Vitiate?.... Of course she could have been wrong, but from what the man said, it seemed plausible to think it was the work of Vitiate.

Whoever it is, I do not feel comfortable here. I want to leave. Escape. Whatever gets us away. Mioi tugged her wrists apart uselessly, giving up quickly after that.

"Clever trick. A sociopath's mind would be easy to dominate. No emotions to wrestle with." Solaris muttered. Kira just looked at the Dread Saiyan.

"Controlling bodies just seems to be your habit. Except now you've gone and gotten a warrior far stronger then most of the galaxy." She said with disgust.

"I don't understand.." Oriko looked at Valkorian, his eyes squinted. "Why did you just call Vegetto your 'father'?"

The Dread Saiyan kept a small smirk, beginning to pace again while eyeing Brachi.

"Your mind is still closed to the realm of possibility in this existence. Did you ever consider that it is perhaps, both?"

He chuckled slightly.

"A fusion of sorts."

He soon came to a halt in front of Kira, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"But of course, some minds will need more work than others."

The Dread Saiyan then glanced among the others again, facing towards Jaz once she approached him. His expression remained cold, despite his suspiciously inviting smile.

"My scouts report that he is still in Republic care. Give it time, we'll be rounding him up shortly."

His eyes then turned to the rest of the warriors.

"That's one motivation accounted for. You have all come so far in your travels and set your fleets to fight me. Tell me..."

The Dread Saiyan crossed his arms behind his back once more.

"What do you want?"

"Answers, mostly," Brachi said, "I'm still peeved at being fast-forwarded two years without any rhyme or reason, not to mention the unprovoked curbstomping of our allied fleet, as well as wanting to know why in the nine hells we are here for."

"Strength. I'm a Saiyan, alone for a thousand years. My former masters thought that this universe was dangerous enough to warrant destruction. So I came here to learn what they feared, so I could exact revenge and justice." Solaris said.

"It should be obvious. I didn't do enough of a job making sure you were dead." Kira replied.

"I too want answers. Especially why you have been invading planets whom have little to do with this conflict entirely. It is more than just a demonstration of authority." Said Mioi curtly, agreeing with Brachi.

"And you've spared us all, yet you exterminated the other two Saiyans. Why?" Her eye narrowed in contempt. "Why is it we are still alive? We should have died when you destroyed the ship."

"I'd have to say I agree." Bage said listening as the others answered the Dread saiyan's question. "I wanna know what the hell is going on here."

Panich continued to stare silently waiting for a reply from the Saiyan.

Vegetto and Gogeta both remained silent, watching on as the others spoke their minds for them. The Dread Saiyan's lips rose slightly into a smirk.

"Your friends were narrow minded. Goku cared only to fight and face strong threats: his mind is incapable of molding because he lacks the motivation for my message, as Vegeta followed suit in their bond. But you...all of you...are different."

The Dread Saiyan stepped back slightly.

"In all my centuries, you alone have warranted my full attention. You leave your mark upon the multiverse where ever you act, and while some of you have yet to accomplish the feats of others, you still stand among them. Your value to them is clear, your potential unlimited..."

He fully came to a halt at the end of the stairs, a few feet away from the others.

"The destruction of your fleets and worlds were necessary for you to see the depths of my power. That once you came to face me, you'd realize that deep down, your struggle was in vain."

The Dread Saiyan's arms dropped back down to his sides.

"But you do not have to stand against me. Instead..."

He slowly waved his hand forward, the metal cuffs around Darth Marr's wrists specifically breaking off.

"You can kneel."

Vegetto's eyes turned to see Darth Marr's red aura exploded out from underneath his boots, red lightning surging heavily around the Sith as violently as his tone nearly shook the entire room.

"I will never again kneel to you!!"

Arcann reached down towards his belt, only stopping once he saw the Dread Saiyan shaking his head at him. The Emperor turned back towards Marr, raising an eyebrow.

"You would sooner die than acknowledge my superiority?"

Darth Marr snarled.

"It is you who fears death, Valkorian. I do not! I will not kneel!"

The Sith then suddenly whirled around, sending out a massive red wave of energy past the other warriors. The golden Knights had mere seconds to throw up their shields, only for the red energy to tear into their bodies. As they were vaporized, the red energy still continued onward and struck the outer walls without damaging the metals. Darth Marr dropped his arms, turning to face back towards the Dread Saiyan, who stood with an outstretched arm. A blackish purple glow faded from the walls were Marr's beam had struck once he lowered his arm, the Dread Saiyan keeping a confident smirk.

Darth Marr turned to face towards the charging golden Knights, pushing past the other warriors in a bid to stop the Sith. However, Marr quickly launched into a flurry of jabs, rapidly dispatching five Knights in a matter of seconds to leave the throne room empty of guards.

The Sith turned to face towards the Dread Saiyan, roaring as he bolted forward in a red dash. His right fist swung forward to connect with the Dread Saiyan's chest, but the Sith grunted as he felt himself caught in the Dread Saiyan's grip around his throat.

Darth Marr nearly lifted his leg up to swipe at the Dread Saiyan's mid section, only for it to crumple down to the floor as the Dread Saiyan used his pointer finger and thumb to flick the Sith's head clean off his shoulders. Vegetto gasped lightly, watching Marr's body crumple to the ground as the Dread Saiyan stepped forward once more.

"Another narrow minded individual, bound by irrelevant and ancient dogma."

Panich and Bage were astonished as the saw the display before them.
Watching as the Sith's attacks rendered useless against the Dread saiyan. 
Bage couldn't help but feel the urge to attack the Dread saiyan. He looked down at the cuffs around his wrists, cursing the fact that they had drained him.
Panich on the other hand, quickly masked her worry with her usual scowl. She tried reassuring herself that if the Sith could not go up against Valkorian, then surely, she and her saiyan comrades could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom