DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solaris looked at Kira, to the Dread Saiyan, to Vegetto.

"I will kneel if you can provide me with something. A reason, a justification. What if I don't desire power? Why should I allow this empire to exist? What is the reason?" He asked the Dread Saiyan. He turned towards Vegetto.

"And you. You are the Sith correct? I would appreciate it to hear some of your wisdom, all I've had as sources so far was the Jedi."

The Dread Saiyan's eyes narrowed slightly at Kire.

"I will not promise anything. You either kneel, or die. Your daughter's life follows this same ultimatum."

His arms dropped back down to his sides, glancing among the warriors still standing.

"This situation is far more complex than you can possibly imagine at this moment, and the time for questions and learning your purpose has ended. You will either accept my invitation, or you will be executed. Choose."

Vegetto glanced down, turning his attention slightly at Solaris for a moment. He didn't respond to his question, only giving a slight nod before he and Gogeta both slowly descended down to one knee.

Beerus kept his eyes narrowed, before he too slowly dropped to one knee.

"Then I hope there will be a time when you can teach me, master." Solaris said to the Dread Saiyan before hitting Kira's back, and knocked her onto one knee.

"Forgive me Carsen, but today you shall not die." He said before kneeling beside her.

Brachi and Xenest followed suit, although their minds were still thinking otherwise.

'I wonder if this is the right course of action...' Xenest mentally thought to himself, before taking a peek at Brachi's hair from the corner of his eyes. He could have sworn to have seen something move there... something quite tiny and pink... but as it vanished, he paid no heed to it...

"Eh, fair enough I guess." Kire shrugged, he turned to Jaz and gave her a nod. "You heard the man, Jaz. Down on one knee, soldier. Don't worry about anything, Papa's gonna protect you, cupcake."

Kire took a step back from the emperor and got down on one knee as he was given no other option anyways. He chuckled to himself, not scared of the situation. He obviously took this very lightly and didn't think much about the emperor or his words. It was almost like he took this all for a joke or he was just being a cocky fool.

Upon hearing Kire's words, Jaz's posture stiffened and her eyes shifted a darker hue of green. She seemed sad about the issue but she didn't say anything to rebel, which was rare for her. She lowered her head and dropped down to one knee obediently. Her gaze was only fixed to the floor, most of her face hidden away thanks to her hair. Her body trembled but unknown reasons. Was she scared or angry?

((Sorry Freak, I'm just going to assume Oriko ended up kneeling. Also, no more posting in this thread guys!! Wait until I've made the next thread: I've decided that in order to make things easier for people to read later on once this game is done, I'm going to separate the chapters of this game in full threads. Thanks guys, hang out for a bit until I post Chapter 2's thread! :D))

===============================

The Dread Saiyan slowly lifted both arms, breaking out into a small smile at the obedience displayed.

"Good...very good. Now...be still...this will only take a moment."

Two dark, purple glowing energy tendril shot forward from the Dread Saiyan's palms, rapidly breaking off into multiple strands as they approached the group. The energy lashed out with a hiss, striking into the chests of each warrior yet inflicting no damage other than the chill from its suspiciously cold touch. The Dread Saiyan remained firm, Arcann slowly making his way from around.

"You are fortunate, Outlanders. I struggled for years, sacrificed everything...even the life of my own brother...trying to win such an invitation..."

The Dread Saiyan's smirk rose slightly at Arcann's words, the tendrils rapidly surging like a heart beat as Arcann's boiling rage could nearly be felt. The flame continued to burn brightly atop the Emperor's head, his eyes turning to the edges in studying Arcann.

"You have done what I could not. In exchange...I will do what you could not!!"

The hilt from Arcann's hip rapidly shot off its clip, the yellow blade instantly igniting as he shot the sword forward. The Dread Saiyan's amused expression remained unchanged, the yellow beam cleanly shooting through his heart and out his chest on the other side. The tendrils instantly retreated as his arms slumped, Arcann's one visible eye glowing red in his heavy scowl.

"You've made your last mistake...father!"

The Dread Saiyan chuckled ominously, lifting his hands up slightly as his body began to emit dark purple energy in every direction. The volatile energy continued to rise, the throne room shaking visibly.

"Time...will tell."

Vegetto blinked, rapidly throwing up his arms at the powerful shock wave of energy that blasted forward, knocking everyone in the room onto their backs. The Dread Saiyan's body was the last to fall, his eyes slowly shutting with an audible thud on the metal and a gaping hole in the middle of his chest. The force of the energy rendered the warriors unconscious, still restrained in their cuffs.

Arcann groaned lightly, pushign himself off the ground when a group of golden knights rapidly burst through the main entrance with ignited spears. The leader quickly rushed up to Arcann's side, helping him off the ground.

"Prince Arcann...what happened?!"

Arcann's menacing red glow rapidly vanished in his eye, the visible half of his face reverting from primal rage to childish fear in seconds.

"The Outlanders...they...they assassinated father!"

The golden Knight turned his metal covered head towards the still body of the Dread Saiyan, quickly ushering two of his men to inspect. The sldiers quickly kneeled down, turning their attention back to the commander with head shakes to confirm the worst.

"No...it can't be..."

Arcann kept his head bow, glancing down in pseudo anguish.

"I...I couldn't stop them. First Thexan...now father..."

The commander quickly snapped his head towards Arcann, his voice firm yet compassionate.

"Now is not the time to grieve, my prince. Zakuul needs a leader, one who will answer this act of war with strength and courage. You fought off these Outlanders bravely, and you alone stand here with victory..."

Arcann slowly rose to his feet, studying the golden knight who patted the prince on his shoulder.

"We're with you, Emperor. You have the strength to lead our people."

The prince nodded his head once, grasping onto his human arm with his mechanical limb and nodding to the unconscious warriors strewn about on the walkway.

"Thank you...commander. Freeze the Outlanders in carbonite...let them suffer for what they've done."

The commander saluted the prince, before quickly turning on his heel to carry out the order. As the bodies of the warriors were dragged away, Arcann turned on his heel as well to rise up to the now empty throne before him. He paused at the edge of the seat, his eye wide in excitement before the prince recomposed himself. He turned back towards the entrance, crossing his arms behind his back as a blue screen began to glow in front of him.

==============================

Below on the planet's surface, the everyday life of the advanced Zakuul society continued on before each and every holoterminal and access point displayed an image of the Zakuul Prince. Arcann's demeanor was strong, devoid of the childish fear displayed to the commander only minutes ago.

Y0FQ3a8.jpg

"People...of Zakuul. The unthinkable has happened. Our beloved Emperor, Valkorian...is dead. Murdered by a group of Outlanders seeking to shake the foundation of our great society."

His eye narrowed slightly, the expressions of the Zakuul people stuck in awe and shock.

"The assassins will received swift and just punishment...and this act of unprovoked aggression will be answered."

The Zakuul people gathered together in the main capital's city square began to display the building rage within their expressions, nearly matching Arcann as the prince continued.

"As your new Emperor, I can promise you this: Zakuul's enemies will face the full power of the Eternal Throne. They will answer for their warmongering ways."

The red gleam in Arcann's eye returned as the crowd erupted into a ferocious cheer, Arcann's voice playing to their emotions.

"And every last one of the Core Worlds...will...burn!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom