DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kira watched Marr's head as if it were her own.

"That's it. It's over." She muttered shocked and appalled.

"He has all of the power that the Sith Emperors had, yet even more. All of the sacirifices today made for nothing." Solaris looked at the woman.

"Kira, don't go and get yourself killed. You saw what happened. The power of a Saiyan." Solaris said.

Mioi's blood had ran cold at the sight of Darth Marr's beheading.

So that is what he will do if we don't comply. He wants us to be his pawns. Mioi's eyebrow furrowed in disgust and anger. And there was fear mixed in as well. 

All of his words were true, and that too made the alien's blood run cold. It was all to corner them at their most vulnerable moment. Either they submitted or he'd kill them in seconds. 

"...."

What do we do if there is almost nothing? Rebel in silence? She thought to herself, looking over at her comrades morosely. "What now....?"

Vegetto kept a strong glare, his body still.

"He was better than you. He led your people when you abandoned them for your own selfish gain."

The Dread Saiyan only kept a confident smile, cold and genuine.

"He wasn't better than me, but everything else is true."

His attention left Vegetto as he gestured to the throne room.

"Look around you. Zakuul is poised to become the greatest civilization in the history of the entire multiverse itself..."

The Dread Saiyan's cape fluttered slightly to his left as he paced, the air growing cold.

"I have forged this empire to surmount all of my previous works. To span...eternity."

He began to step forward once more.

"The Eternal Throne commands a fleet faster, stronger, and larger than any ever built. It has the power to reshape the existence into any image that I choose."

The Dread Saiyan broke out into a small smirk, gesturing to the group.

"That we choose."

Whis broke out into a smile as well.

"I see you're still dramatic as ever when it comes to making a point."

He chuckled slightly.

"You should give credit where it's due. That fleet wouldn't be as powerful as it is today if it wasn't for me."

Beerus blinked in confusion, turning his head with the Dread Saiyan who maintained the same amused expression.

"Fair enough. But can you truly plagiarize yourself?"

Whis let out an amused chuckle.

"Technically, no."

"I'm pretty content with having a life with my family and friends at my side. If you can't appreciate that, then you're pretty much screwed." Brachi said, who was wanting to cross her arms if those frigging cuffs didn't block her.

Brachi merely snorted.

"Power. The ability to influence, create, change, and even destroy. Things, places, people. It is by nature highly contentious: Some want it and would kill for it, others do not want it, or would gladly give away such a burden. Only one taste of the addictive thrill of that seductive mistress which is power is enough for the weak-minded to yearn for more... Therein lies the rub. For all its force, blessings, or ability to change, power is not free... of responsibility, consequence, or cost. There is no such thing as total perfection or invincibility. Nobody is an exception to that rule, not even you." She said towards the Dread Saiyan.

"Man oh man. Ultimate power and all I gotta do is obey. Normally, I would take the deal..." Kire said with a slight muse in his voice. Oddly enough, he wasn't phased by the execution before him. "I'm afraid I'd have to refuse such a generous offer, then again, I don't have much of a choice, huh? Haha! Well, life ain't about choices." Kire shrugged.

Jaz watched as Marr crumpled to the floor, lifeless. She only let out a sigh and seemed to be sadden by the issue, despite not knowing him. She listened to the man speak and her father's answer. She didn't seem to like it too much, the offer, that is.

"Well.. all this power sounds cool and all but where's the room to grow?" Jaz questioned sincerely. "Wouldn't we be slaves to ignorance?" She tapped at her chin, curious of this thought.

Bage narrowed his eyes in suspension.
"'We' sounds too good to be true," the saiyan then lifted an eyebrow after a short pause. "Why do you think we would want to accept your offer under any circumstance?"

"Yes it seems rather strange to ask your enemies to join you. Even if we chose to pledge our loyalty to you now, you're risking the fact that we may still have the fighting spirit to try and destroy you again later." Panich continued, "which means there must be a catch to this deal that has yet to be explained."

"Whatever choice made has its own consequence. All the power in the world couldn't bring back what anyone destroyed." Mioi said, contempt evident in her tone. "It does not matter regardless. There is a price, is there not?"

The alien narrowed her eye. 

Even if they force us to accept, it won't change the want to escape. 

The Dread Saiyan remained silent during the answers, his smirk growing slightly with each distrustful response spoken from the warriors. His eyes slowly turned back to Whis, who was the one to speak with a calm tone.

"Perhaps we are blinded in our assumptions."

Beerus' eyes instantly narrowed.

"Enough of this game, Whis. What are you playing at here?"

Whis chuckled slightly, slowly breaking the metal cuffs around his wrists much to the fusions' shock. Vegetto and Gogeta both continued to blink in confusion, watching on as Whis summoned his sceptar while speaking.

"Lord Beerus, has it ever occurred to you that after all these years serving with each other, you never really inquired where I came from?"

Beerus kept a suspicious glare, his tone flat.

"No..."

Whis bowed his head slightly, clutching onto his sceptar before turning towards the fusions.

"As for you two, seeing as you are the only ones who had access to the history of the Sith Empire, I assume Marr explained the full details of Vegetto's predecessor?"

The Dread Saiyan's smirk widened a bit at the mention of the Emperor, watching on as Vegetto kept the same perplexed stare.

"Only fragments. That the Emperor was comprised of three entities...one of them standing right in front of us."

The Dread Saiyan nodded his head once.

"One of the two born from the first-"

"-but not the original."

Whis kept a genuine smile, watching the realization slowly sink into the fusions. Gogeta's eyes went wide, his voice weak.

"You're...the third Emperor?"

Whis nodded his head once, turning his attention to the scepter as it began to glow. A playback of the energy used to eradicate the life forms on Ziost began to play, showing the bodies reduced to dust as they were ensnared in the golden energy.

"The technique you witnessed on Ziost is not a new one, known to only a handful of us in the entire multiverse. Many centuries ago, before I found myself attending to Lord Beerus, I discovered the technique in one of my studies. It possesses similar properties to the Spirit Bomb used by Goku...but the comparison ends at the level of potential each technique grasps at..."

The still image of the bodies disintegrating came to a halt in Whis' orb, having full turned to face towards the others.

"The Spirit Bomb relies on drawing raw energy from multiple sources, yet there is more to life itself than simple energy. The depths of a being's mind are nearly limitless, filled with potential in ingenuity and ideology that no one can truly comprehend."

His eyes turned back to the sceptar.

"What you saw on Ziost was more than life itself being extinguished. Every energy signature, combined with their mental psychology, was bonded together into a single entity. Gaining not only the raw power of a planet itself, but the wisdom of it as well."

The image in the orb disappeared, Whis turning back to the group.

"Despite the limitations of power many of these people had, their minds still possessed great ideology and foresight that could be used to progress power in ways you can't possibly imagine. Potential became limitless, as I quickly discovered after completing the ritual for the first time centuries ago."

Beerus' eyes widened slightly.

"You couldn't control it...so you had to expel it somehow?"

Whis nodded once.

"Yes. But it wasn't as simple as expelling energy, as the mental psychology of the people sacrificed remained. So instead of pockets of energy, I ended up creating two new beings altogether in the process."

The Dread Saiyan kept a smirk.

"Valkorian. And Vitiate."

"Y... You mean you created Valkorian!?" Panich said in shock. "Out of all that raw power..! Something like that shouldn't even be possible..!!"
Panich's faith in herself and her comrades had begun to fade away and was slowly being replaced with anxiety.

"You may two of the worst beings the galaxy ever faced. So the question remains, are you impressed with what they've done?" Kira said at Whis. Solaris shook his head.

"What a senseless waste of life. So much more could've been done..." He said.

Oriko said nothing, instead intently watching the events unfolding in front of him.

"Whis is am Emperor!" Jaz said, almost happily. "That's so cool! Errm.. not the killing part, but Whiskers has a cool title." She overheard the name Vitiate and it rung a bell to her, as always. "I knew he was real! I tried telling them but they thought I was crazy! But... Why did you do this, Whis? You're really nice to me and you seem to tolerate the nickname I gave you. I never would've thought you'd be responsible for what happened on that planet."

"Well, that's the power of someone who can tame Lord Beerus." Kire said calmly. "Who knows? He may be capable of even more! Haha!"

Whis kept a warm smile.

"Ziost was not my doing. I was merely explaining what really happened there."

The Dread Saiyan kept his arms crossed behind his back, speaking next.

"The original Emperor undertook the first ritual centuries ago; Ziost was merely the birth of a new power."

Vegetto's eyes widened a bit.

"Vitiate...he was the one who wiped out Ziost. Becoming even stronger than both you and Whis..."

He glanced back to the Dread Saiyan.

"So that's what this is all about? You're afraid of what Vitiate can do?"

The Dread Saiyan chuckled lightly.

"Not afraid. And while he may be a possible threat...his influence will have to be looked at another time. There is a more immediate threat looming, one that even you won't be able to see."

Whis bowed his head slightly, before his eyes turned towards Kira.

"Your anger is noted, Kira Carsen. Yet your eyes are still blind to the bigger picture."

The staff slowly disappeared in his grip, Whis' arm falling down to his side.

"Life and death are merely stages of the grand play we call 'existence'. There are no limitations, there is no weight to death and murder other than the morality many beings bind to it."

He kept a smile, nodding towards Brachi and the fusions.

"While you may not understand it, your comrades certainly do. They can deny their lineage as their own entity, but the truth is that they would not even exist today if it wasn't for the billions of lives Vegeta slaughtered in his wake."

His eyebrow raised.

"Is it fair to hate and despise those who kill millions in the sake of power and enlightenment when you yourself have taken hundreds to become the woman you are today? Regardless of your justification?"

The being did not wait for a response, bowing towards the group while Beerus peered in confusion.

"Whis...what are you doing?"

Whis let out a small content chuckle.

"As much as I have enjoyed these last centuries with you, Lord Beerus, I'm afraid our time together must come to an end. The cycle is now complete, and it is as the Masters have foretold..."

Whis' attention fell back to the group of warriors, glowing in a near blinding white light.

"This existence is now yours to govern. Do try to keep an open mind."

Vegetto tensed, squinting as the light slowly forced the others to stare away and erupted outward in a harmless explosion. It began to fade slowly, dimming across the Dread Saiyan's body to indicate the completion of the absorption.

"As my predecessor explained, this situation is far more complex than you can possibly imagine. This Empire...Zakuul...is your final chance. To save the multiverse, and bring about the peace some of you have sought since the beginning."

Vegetto glanced down, watching the Dread Saiyan extend out his right arm, gesturing towards their feet.

"I will share all of this with you...if you will only kneel."

Jaz stared at the Dread Saiyan and obviously had her doubts. She didn't know if she could trust him but before she even managed to do or say anything, Kire took a step forward from the group. He seemed serious, which was a first. He was brave enough to stand just a couple feet from the Dread Saiyan and took a sharp breath.

"I'll kneel but under one simple condition..." Kire turned back to Jaz and smiled to her. He seemed to do the same for the group. He turned back to the Emperor. "I want absolutely no harm to come to my daughter if we decide to help you. And by 'we' I mean me and my daughter." He let out a sigh. "I don't mind fighting for peace but my daughter is my top priority. As long as nothing happens to her, I'll blindly follow your cause."

"Daddy..." Jaz said to herself. She took drew courage and was about to join her father but his voice rang to her, stopping her in her tracks.

"Stay out of it, Jaz." Kire said strictly. Jaz obeyed her father and stayed put.

Mioi had her eye tightly shut, a muffled noise coming out, the retinal assault having been too overwhelming for her to even glance at for a second. It helped her try to focus though.

Immediate threat? But why won't he just tell us?....

But if he really was simply looking to wipe us from existing, then he would have done it instantly. 

After several moments, she opened up her eye, but it looked to be a glare.

"I've nothing left to live for. If us joining you is what will prevent this multiverse from being destroyed as you truly say...." Her eye closed again. "Then I've no true alternative. I have placed my life at risk ever since I've become a refugee. To believe I will ever be free of consequence is foolish."  

Mioi looked again to the ground before  taking a leg forward and slowly coming to a kneel. Whether Valkorian meant it figuratively, she took it literally. 

"All I've left to gamble is my life. And your word that this is the only way to face those threats..." she looked up at the Dread Saiyan. "I hope it is true."

And perhaps even I can have meaning to a short life. Such beings that lived for centuries.... But now that I know the answer I sought... I have nothing else to live for except for myself.

Panich's legs began trembling before she dropped to the ground on both knees, hanging her head slightly, still unable to calm herself after hearing this terrifying truth.
Bage looked down at his wife with worried and disbelieving eyes, seeing the distress paralyze her.

"We dont stand a chance..." The princess' eyes remained wide, as if Whis were still explaining how hopeless their struggle really was. "A being with that much power... And one even stronger than him...? There's no other choice but to surrender..."

"Join you? I don't see a good reason right now apart from the fact that my life is at stake." Oriko spoke out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom