DBZ: The Fallen Empire (Chapter 1: The Hunt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The three ships' energy beam suddenly barrelled forward, rapidly expanding in size. Beerus floated back slightly, watching on as it collided head on with the Tenachi-01. The violent energy easily tore through the metal station, blasting through and splitting it completely in half.

Beerus and Whis both glanced to the side in time for another pair of golden beams to ensnare them.

=============================================================

The rain of energy bolts from above began to diminish a bit from the returned fire, despite the hectic battleground still raging on around the warriors. The droid soldier blasted back a bit from the arrow striking its metal head square on, lodged inside. However, the droid merely reached up, snapping the middle of the bow and tossing the broken half over the side of the rafter before continuing the assault.

Darth Marr pointed with his right arm forward, his voice urging.

"There. The terminal powering the generator is on the other side of this room. Clear out the last of these droids and we can reboot it from here."

=============================================================

((Hehe, well I'm honestly stumped now Z. I guess, just keep playing out Kire's hacking on your own xD))

There was indeed a Martian Ship modeled after the Tenochi-01 which was completely obliterated by the sudden attack, having taken the place of the true Tenochi-01, which was more at the back, hidden amongst the rubble of other fallen ships to make repairs, with Xenest, Abaddon, Malia, Busa and Majin Bara aiding to ensure the ship itself would survive.

Present Brachi however thought for a moment that the true ship itself had been destroyed and, in a rage, suddenly powered up and unleashed a powerful beam attack at one of the three ships responsible for the attack, intending to obliterate one of those vessels in retaliation. She knew that there HAD to be a weakness to those ships; she did NOT believe that the ships were completely invincible and come hell or high water, she wanted to make the enemy's potential victory taste as bitter as defeat.

Future Brachi used two clones of hers to aid Darth Marr in the attempt to clear out the room of the droids so they could reach the terminal.

(
tumblr_inline_nqn6gchSWa1tojyto_500.jpg

)

Mioi's glowing eye intensified, the pupil of her large iris visible. "To end this quickly."

Immediately, she began to blast off more energy beams from her eye, ignoring the intensifying headache it was inflicting on her in return. If they wouldn't come down, she planned to knock the hunks of metal over by force. Despite several bolts whizzing by and searing the edges of her body, Mioi connected plenty back with the saber.

The energy beam struck against the shield before the entire fleet with a vicious explosion, yet the entire fleet remained steady. Massive blue energy beams rapidly fired forward, raining down on the last remaining forces of the Martians culminating around the Tenochi-01 and Xenest's group.

A golden beam suddenly shot forward from the lead flagship, this time rapidly closing the distance to Brachi and ensnaring her in its grasp. The beam instantly began to suck away at her energy, creating intense physical exhaustion while every slowly retracting back towards its ship.

=============================================

Kira's ki blasts and Mioi's energy beams seared through the exchange of fire between the two sides, the blasts exploding upon contact with the droids high above. Hunks of burning metal rained down from the destroyed troops, yet the resulting aftershock of the next few blasts rocked the entire catwalk above before it suddenly crashed with an audible thud before them.

Darth Marr stepped over the struggling half droids attempting to resist, occasionally driving his saber down into one that seemed close to grabbing hold of a weapon. He wasted no time in closing the distance to the massive computer terminal on the other side of the room, leaning down and rapidly searching through the machine with the room falling silent.

The Sith sighed lightly.

"The power core is strained to the breaking point. We can recharge the shields...but they won't last long."

His attention turned towards the secondary computer to the left, pushing himself away from the console.

"The hyperdrive is also completely burnt out, we're flying solely on secondary thrusters."

A small blue hologram suddenly popped up from the main terminal, showing a frightened female Imperial Officer ducking behind unseen cover.

"Enemies are on the bridge! I repeat, enemies are on the-"

A stray bolt of energy cut the transmission short, striking the lens of the holoimage. Darth Marr bowed his head slightly for a moment, before turning back to the others.

"There are rudimentary back up controls, but the enemy ships have us surrounded and outgunned. We have few options left."

Brachi grunted as she was captured in what appeared to be some kind of tractor beam which lured her in like a fishing reel, feeling her energy being sapped. She still had a lot of energy due to the cybernetics in her system and as such she attempted to resist, as if still eager to do as much damage as possible.

Most of the Martian Ships had already been obliterated, but the remaining Martian vessels, the Tenochi-01 among them, were still able to fight, although Future Xenest was beamed on-board the ship for medical treatment, while Future Brachi growled at the situation.

"What are those options?!" She asked.

(I wanna apologize in advance for posting so late! School has just been knocking me out and draining me both physically and mentally. I might be posting late in some cases, so forgive me! I hope I didn't cause you guys any trouble! >.<; Also, no worries Vegetto, I got dis.)

Red Mist stayed close by Mioi's side and left no droid alive. The guns used were taken by her as well as most of the ammo. It annoyed the girl at how little she had to store it considering that she only had shorts and just a few pockets. She watched the Sith Lord almost without blinking. She looked as if she wanted to stop him from touching anything but she didn't the ship like he did.

====================

Kire managed to type in more code before the screen he was looking at began to show more error signs and one in particular made him laugh but the message was no laughing matter.

:: SYSTEM ERROR. TOTAL SYSTEM SHUTDOWN IN 2 MINUTES. BEGINNING COUNTDOWN NOW. ::

Kire was either laughing out of fear or insanity but he always seemed to have a trick up his sleeve. He removed his bandanna and brushed the hair aside to show what looked up a rolled up cable of some sort. He stretched it out from the back of his head and attached it to the terminal. His eyes lost color but began to glow. He saw multiple screens in his eyes and looked to be downloading a file into both himself and the terminal. The file appeared on the large terminal screen and it only had a picture of Kire's face on it but more chibi looking and digitized. Kire began to laugh louder and louder, almost as if he was losing his mind. The file opened and his eyes started to flash violently. He continued to type and laugh, his head and body almost fighting with the computer itself. It looked as if Kire was driven to insanity.

tumblr_m8nsu0bhvb1qlwg89o1_500.gif~c200

Kire gets like this with computers and technology. xDD

Ten seconds before the countdown ended, the timer stopped with the digits appearing on both the large screen and Kire's eyes. This looked as if planned by Kire. Suddenly, all computers and terminals turned on and a digitized picture of Kire's face appeared, winking. Back with Red Mist, Mioi, Kira, and the Sith, the computers beeped three times and began to power up. As the Sith mentioned, the Terminal wasn't in the best shape but whatever help they get it'll have to do. Kire continued to type away back where he was and some files appeared on the computers where the group was. One file was labeled : "Click Me Sithy Dude." 

Inside the file, should he open it, was a text of words reading as:

Yo, shield are back up, only for a bit. We're still flying as long as I'm runnin' this system. btw, you guys got trouble, chop chop! cya! 
P.S: ; )))

Even in such a situation, Kire was still playing games.​

"Maybe we should try to evacuate the ship? That is possible, ri-- wait, what is that?," Oriko pointed at the monitor, his finger hovering over the file that Kire had sent.

Mioi didn't look at anybody directly, seeming to have spaced out before refocusing her eye on the scene around her.

"Either we surrender to the enemy now or find an escape route before we are found. I know nothing of this craft, do not ask me for a lead. Have the others on the outside failed?" She stopped pondering once she saw the screen Oriko was looking at. "What is that...?"

((Alright Z, no using Present Brachi until I give the green light! And no worries Z, no rush!))

The beam continued to work at Brachi's resolve, eventually draining her energy entirely and knocking her unconscious before finally reeling her aboard the main flagship. The fleet's onslaught remained relentless, with most Republic and Imperial ships now either fully eradicated or having withdrawn from fighting in an attempt to recover. With their attention completely locked on the Martian Fleet, the ships' bombardment of massive blue lasers tore into the section.

===========================

Darth Marr turned his attention at Oriko's gesturing, turning back towards the console. He pulled up the message left from Kire, his expression hidden beneath his mask. After a few seconds, the Sith rose back up to face towards the others, his tone blank.

"Shields are back online, we have a little time to decide. Our options left are simple: we attempt to save as many people as we can and call for an abandonment of the ship..."

He turned slightly towards the console.

"Or we attempt to fly right into their line and take as many of them out as we can."

The Tenochi-01 had also withdrawn along with a few Martian Heavy battle Cruisers guarding its flanks, while the remaining Martian Dreadnaughts and Battleships remained behind to buy time for the retreating ships to make their escape, pelting the enemy vessels with their Heat-Rays and Projectiles with equal force.

Kira looked at the ship.

"My few remaining ships tell me that despite everything, more and more ships just keep coming every time one goes down. We should abandon ship and save who we can. The other option is to try to do something that would be useless." She said. Lily nodded at Kira.

"We should most certainly save as many people as we can.." Oriko looked at the others. "I'm sure we all agree on that."

"Flying directly into their line to fight at this point would be foolish. The Saiyans outside the ship have clearly failed to stop however many fleets have appeared. Especially if this ship has been overrun regardless of their potency of attacks." Mioi remarked. "Unfortunately we are surrounded. Our most beneficial option is to abandon this ship. Either we possibly live or definitely die."

IMPORTANT: Make sure you guys follow this post and adhere to the premise set in italics. ZF, you can explain what happens to the remaining Martian Fleet later on in the game when it's clear for their re-entry.

After this post, MAIN CHARACTERS are the only ones you can play. You will not be allowed to play SECONDARY CHARACTERS until I make another post here in bold! For story reasons, I will be playing some of my registered characters that are not marked as MAIN.

Start thinking of IC reasons for your secondary characters getting separated from the main cast while we play this out!

===============================================

Darth Marr glanced between the others as they made their opinions known, his armor trembling slightly in his clear frustration. The Sith finally unclenched his right fist, letting his arm drop to his side.

"So be it. Make the announcement and-"

The entire ship's deck beneath the groups' feet suddenly erupted upwards in a firey explosion, blinding their eyes in a massive fireball.

As the last ship among the combined Imperial and Republic vessels, the Fuligiunous split into two pieces, drifting out into space in front of the Eternal Fleet, now standing down in their victory.

================================================

In an open forum room, you find yourself weak and weary as you slowly awake from your deep slumber. Despite your body having possibly suffered wounds caused by the ship's explosion or exhaustion from the golden beams' effects, you awaken feeling the rejuvenation of a full night's sleep.

At a glance, you find yourself in a plain holding cell, devoid of any amenities except from the suspiciously comfortable bed you lie in. Further inspection would reveal your companions all have a matching cell of their own, adjacent to each other with only the force field to keep you contained inside. The energy-like barrier is comprised of a material that allows energy blasts to phase through, yet physical forms are oddly restricted.

Your arms are bound at the wrists by heavy, bulky metal cuffs locking your right arm on top of your left. Energy fluctuations such as powering up are met with the same effect caused by the golden beam, but you do not know that yet. The cuffs appear to have no weakness and can not be hacked into, making escape from its grip impossible.

==================================================

Vegetto's eyes fluttered open slowly as he awoke, taking in his surroundings in his blurry vision. His mind cleared in his rise up from the bed, glancing around for a moment before turning his attention to the metal cuffs binding his arms. The fusion grunted, attempting to pull his arms free before stopping at the golden yellow light activating at the center of the right cuff.

He groaned a bit, keeling forward slighty at the drain to his energy and loudly crashing onto the metal floor next to the bed. His head rose a bit, the sound of Gogeta's concerned voice from the adjacent cell catching his attention.

"Vegetto? Is that you?"

Vegetto rose up slightly to his feet, moving towards the energy barrier to get a better view as Beerus spoke next.

"Yes, he just woke up. Judging by the sound of his groaning, I'd imagine he discovered the energy draining cuffs clasped around our wrists too."

"Ugh.. What's going on...?" Oriko got up, looking around as best as he could due to his vision being somewhat blurry. He was slightly confused at what was going on. "Was that all just a dream..?"

"What in the twenty-nine hells of Dai Zan is going on?!" Brachi's voice groaned as she recovered, shaking her head, only to find herself suspended by those cuffs inside a holding cell, "Oh, this is just great. JUST GREAT! As if I haven't been inside one of these things for one too many times... All because of that cursed Demon Lord..."

"Oh no.." Bage rose slowly from his sleep to the thud that had occured in another cell. "..."
He looked through the barrier to see the new comers that were held in the no longer vacant cells.

"Wait, what?!" Oriko called out after hearing Brachi's outburst blinking a few times to gain clarity with his sight. He also saw the cuffs holding his hands together and sighed, "Not again..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom