BoogaVerse Project

ShineCero said:
A new update of BoogaVerse is coming soon this month, BoogaVerse 4.0. This includes an updated version of the rules (corrections on grammars and spelling) along with significant replacement in threads in order to have some consistency for the future. Look forward for it as I released more information regarding it in the upcoming days.

Would the thread replacement be the deletion / retcon of previous threads and them being made into new form, or something else?

I'm already planning to replace the old Port Graham with the new thread, with only minor retcons so it fits the context of the current BV better. I made it back before we even called it Boogaverse, I think! 

As far as retcons go for that, everything up to the point where Broly fights the Heroes from Hero City City is basically retconned out (it was mostly character interaction that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but includes characters I either updated or no longer use).

I also plan to update the photoblog I have running for RPG OP image usage since not everyone knows how to use tumblr, so I'll post about that soon myself.

Grey Star said:
ShineCero said:
A new update of BoogaVerse is coming soon this month, BoogaVerse 4.0. This includes an updated version of the rules (corrections on grammars and spelling) along with significant replacement in threads in order to have some consistency for the future. Look forward for it as I released more information regarding it in the upcoming days.

Would the thread replacement be the deletion / retcon of previous threads and them being made into new form, or something else?

Basically in new forms, so we can restart everything over from scratch if there's little-no-activity in the thread. Threads with zero posting don't fall under this.

LoopyPanda said:
I'm already planning to replace the old Port Graham with the new thread, with only minor retcons so it fits the context of the current BV better. I made it back before we even called it Boogaverse, I think! 

As far as retcons go for that, everything up to the point where Broly fights the Heroes from Hero City City is basically retconned out (it was mostly character interaction that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but includes characters I either updated or no longer use).

I also plan to update the photoblog I have running for RPG OP image usage since not everyone knows how to use tumblr, so I'll post about that soon myself.

Yep! It's one of my mistake when I first created BoogaVerse. Instead of restarting everything from scratch, I let lingering threads into the new one, but it clearly conflicts with the modern version of the section. So Port Graham being rebooted and replaced with a new thread is good. Leaves out the awkward stuff from pre-BoogaVerse section. A good ol' summary is all its need for readers to catch up.

BoogaVerse 4.0 is out, with the Mythos section now released, and here some incoming updates
  • A Allies and Villains threads which lists all significant characters (not your main characters running around)
  • Dragon Guardians Thread
  • An OOC thread that discuss the actual threads itself (as oppose to this thread, which is all about fixes and updates on the section as a whole)

Head sup folks! As you noticed, there were a few new changes on the layout of the forum. This should be done tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the lack of activity these past weeks. It been a rough ride for me.

So, this has been a long time coming. Really can't help but face the truth at this point.

I really need help in fixing my involvement in Boogaverse. I've reached a point where I feel like my RP in this open-world adventure has become more troublesome than interesting for either myself and anyone else involved. In particular threads like the Forest of Memphis and Cindy of Symphony where I joined in without much of a plan, and then basically mucked things up creating overly long drags where my involvement isn't adding in anything interesting to the story are things I feel particularly self-conscious about. In particular, the generic Deimos Shine has been playing in Cindy are more interesting individually than all of my other characters involved, combined.

In summation: I don't feel like my involvement is making anything interesting or fun, and that's a problem for an RP forum. I desperately want to change that. I need other's help in changing that, as I don't know what to do.

There's three, other, more specific issues with my involvement in Boogaverse, that aren't as broad as the issue above but also detract from the quality of my RP in the forum. I just want others to help to try and improve what I write for this RP.

The Meeting of the Dark: When Shine first opened up Boogaverse, I had a great idea of setting up a guild in the Desolate Lands (I believe it was the first or second but I'm uncertain). Shine had already covered mages, superheroes, and at the time I believe he was working on the Explorer's Guild and the Reaper Society was still far off, with the Clan of Swords not even being a concept yet. I set up a small group of supernatural investigators inside a haunted opera house that were complete edgelords, and for a time, I liked the concept. Then the Crescent Hunters Guild and the Clan of Swords came into being and the Meeting became redundant. That's not to project blame, it's just that the Hunters Guild and the Clan fulfilled the same role far better and were much more interesting than the Meeting could be. So, I remade the Meeting into a mary sue para-military organization operating in the middle of the desert with literally no lore to explain, justify, or even make it interesting. That was probably my biggest writing mistake in Boogaverse. My involvement in Boogaverse has been almost entirely through the Meeting, for better or for worse.

I could try to improve the quality of the Meeting's writing, use better world building to better justify stuff, finish the plans I started to set the para-military up as a major player of Desolate Lands politics. But, the Meeting as a concept is just so boring to me now, and the fact the guild is pretty redundant (Crescent Hunters are better investigators and Clan of Swords are better protectors than the Meeting could ever be) just tells me that it might be in the best interest of Boogaverse to simply knock one guild off the list, yet Desolate Lands will still remain a popular guild spot and also the lawless, strife infused continent.

The Solarian: Towards the very start of Boogaverse, according to my memory, I approached Shine with creating an introductory villain for the open world adventure. Four, five years later and nothing to show for it. Simply put, other things are more important in Boogaverse than a big Avengers style villain. Such as, actually interesting villains like Citrus Man, the Necromancer, etc. The Solarian has some build up, but it's all been rather generic. My biggest fear and prediction regarding him is that as a villain he'll end up as forgettable and lackluster as Ultron was in Avengers 2. I don't have any particular ideas about how to resolve this situation, other than some things in Boogaverse need to be done first, such as getting characters fully established. An idea that just popped into my head is waiting for Shine to feel comfortable for the state of the Boogaverse, and then, when everything is ready, properly bring the Solarian in for a final storyline. With one key addition: Make it subtle that the Solarian might not be acting entirely on his own. That there might be someone manipulating him. Someone with even more ambition, an even stronger desire for destruction. Someone, magnificent. Someone that could best be described as Negative. Setting up an introductory villain being the pawn of something even bigger is a very old trope, but if pulled off well, it can introduce the reader to a whole new level of conflict.

Villain Protagonists: Final point. The entirety of this post up until now has mostly been about my disappointment in myself in Boogaverse and the mistakes in my writing. This point is a bit different. Shine once described Boogaverse as an anime except everyone is their main character if I recall correctly. So, distancing myself from the mistakes of my past and looking to create better stories on my end in Boogaverse, I've decided to bring back two characters I haven't played in a long time. Jacen Petronov, and Crimson Vendetta. Two characters who could best be described as villain protagonists. I don't have too much doubts about their characters, but I have a different kind of anxiety. Most characters in Boogaverse, in my experience, walk pretty clearly on different parts of the line between good and evil. A villain protagonist walks on that line and blurs it often, and I'm looking for opinions whether such characters would really work with Boogaverse.

If you've made it this far, thank you for acknowledging my long post. And I'm extremely grateful for any help extended to trying to improve my RP in Boogaverse.

I'll comment on your response soon, Grey. Short answer, your stuff isn't boring at the slightest. Just need to balance out your characters by giving them more flair while avoiding dropping tons of characters in a thread. Let your character shine through (just like Endless Desert).

Z and I are currently on vacation for two weeks. We will return on June 5 and resume posting in BoogaVerse. However, I managed to do some significant updates to the Guide and Character Box Guide.

https://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=707
https://boogaloocrews.com/showthread.php?tid=44

The character box guide was severely outdated and most likely has been for 3 updates. So, I will ask all of you to check out both of these guides, read it thorougly and applies the stuff needed for your characters (Character Box has a significant changes!). 

Once again, I will return and resume posting on June 5 (along with Z) and I will recheck your character boxes. Looking forward to some progressions!

- Shine.

So, this endgame event is both in-universe reason, which Negative had the necessary items to do his plans, and out-of-universe to address the severe issues with BoogaVerse. I’ll discuss in great lengths about the Future of BoogaVerse soon (tomorrow or Sunday). I chose the Fairy Forest as the signal since Meta Knight is the fastest poster there, and we input some good concepts in that thread alone (hence why I hold it off a bit so I can get through things in other threads before finally posting in there in a consistent manner). 

BGV Endgame is a special event that was supposedly going to be one of the grand finales of BoogaVerse Magic Saga. However, over the past 3 years, we are no longer to that since we started—we’re still in the beginning stages of BoogaVerse despite all the progression we have done.
It is an ambitious project and perhaps the best thing I had ever worked on and created for everyone, but something needs to change of our approach with BoogaVerse. Here’s a list of issues:
  • Lack of activity among posters, which lead to too many dead threads
  • Lack of posters, which leads to the first one.
  • Too many ideas being thrown and thus, creativity get stretch thing among the masses (i.e you have so many characters in so many locations, you must keep up with all of them)
  • A lack of overall story that isn’t explicitly stated.
Reality Vortex, a spun-off of BoogaVerse, is essentially what BoogaVerse should’ve been. Consistent activity, posting and ideas that isn’t being stretch thin. Even with its own section, I’m still applying the singular thread rule, rather than stretching it into so many threads, which lead to ghost-towns and inactive ones.

Thus, I’m offering a solution. BoogaVerse will be revamped dramatically to make a better, more stable role-playing system.

1. BoogaVerse will be condensed into a singular thread and will follow the Chapter System. Created by both Vegetto and Z, I’ll defined their chapter system even further.
2. Likewise, both BoogaVerse and Reality Vortex will be moved to Creative RPs, Discussion Threads to Planning/Preview and Character Registration will be moved. Lore stuff will head to Athenaeum.
3. Rules and Guidelines will be simplified even further to make it more approachable for newer members to join.
4. All areas threads will be moved to archives and will be use in the chapter system.
5. The story will face a possible reboot or maintain certain elements but heavily condensed.

The Story​

The story, due to Negative’s summoning of the Retcon Dragon, and Doctor Doom’s White Beam, BoogaVerse is collapsing under the weight of Dark Energy overflowing across the universe and rebooting everything in sight. Upper World and Under World will be unaffected by this event. The Living World will completely restart the moment it was born. Here’s two different approach to do this:

1. A completely brand-new start. New revisions, new concepts, new things added onto All-New Living World of the Core Zone. History will be rewritten in an unfamiliar perspective.
2. Keep everything the same but condensed to a singular thread.

The Chapter System​

The Chapter System is perhaps the same way to approach a long-running story but prevent readers from having to read hundreds of pages. For all threads in BoogaVerse, it will be placed in an archive, but they will be used as a basis for each chapter system. Each thread will have a chapter in BoogaVerse, with its own area, own story and narrative. For example:

First Chapter: The Birth of the Magiana’s Power

In this chapter, this is centered around the Sisterhood of White Society and several areas outside of it. Characters presented in this chapter will be the main cast with it own plot, narrative and arc villains. Once it is done, and the next chapter does to another area, you have the choice of continuing with two characters (old or new) or if the chapter does not interest you and/or want to wait, you can wait for the next chapter.

Each chapter will be focused on an area (and we can return to the same area multiple times as well, depending on the chapter, context and content). 

In other words, BoogaVerse will follow a new chapter system that completely reduced the workload of having too many threads, too many creative outputs going on at once and make it more streamline approach. Every New Chapter will represent an area that is large enough for plots and narrative threads, where players can only use up to two characters per chapter (old or new).

This is still under process and changes will be accepted, so placed your ideas and thoughts if you have any suggestion to make this full process better. If you don’t want the reboot to happened at all, please say so.

What originally drew me into Boogaverse was well, it being a verse. Unique lore, magic, world building. The open nature of it was something I hadn’t quite yet seen in an RP, at least in such an organized manner. That’s what made BGV stand out.

I admit I was not a great mod for BGV. A combination of bad ideas on my part along with juggling school and RPs and later work led to frequent periods where I simply did not have time or motivation to work on BGV either in the RP or in planning. I own up to that. Things arguably would’ve gone better if not for some of my plans.

Going with a single thread chapter system will solve the problems you brought up quite handily. But this change reduces my interest due to removing the open nature of the RP. Because of that reduced interest, I will bow out.

I'm kind of on the fence about which option to really go with since both have their pros and cons. I'm leading more toward option 2 but...

If we go with option 2: It's a more efficient fix and requires substantially less time thanks to just condensing what already happened into just 1 thread. But that poses the concern of being a little too restrictive: 1 thread, where only 2 characters maximum can be played (or 1 other free choice in my case if you go off the example you put in). I don't know how things will go in practice, but for players whose PCs might not fit into the storyline or they can't see a way for them to reasonably fit, if they can't make any new PCs to participate in the thread's plot, they end up sitting out. It's impossible to predict how quickly we can finish a chapter because of many uncontrollable factors that may affect frequency of posting, so they can end up on the bench between a week or two or more than a month. Idle RPers' interests wane over time if their ideas aren't put to use soon after they're made.

The goal here is to maximize participation in both players and content, without biting off more than we can chew; so what if, to accompany the 1 single-area chapter thread that follows the overarching plots we're working to complete from BV before the reboot, one or two "non-chapter" threads are run simultaneously as an alternative to players who would either like to utilize more than 2 PCs at once or don't have sufficient footing to be involved in the Chapter Thread. These can be either plots made up by players for other players OR Guild campaigns. Guild campaigns would need to be planned out a bit, but I think they can be done well if used to combat small-scale villains or problems that don't drastically impact the main storyline's progression. 

The only condition here is that said threads would have to utilize PCs who aren't involved with the dealings of the current chapter's plot. I think to give it a test-run, we just do 1 "sidequest" thread being active along with the Chapter thread and see where it takes us. What exactly that sidequest thread should be would need to be discussed, but I wanted to throw this concept out there for everyone to consider.

@Panich @Raditz
You guys are fairly new to BV or just haven't gotten too into it yet but expressed interest, so I think this would be a very good opportunity to hear what you guys think!

Had to do some edits on my original post.

Grey Star said:
What originally drew me into Boogaverse was well, it being a verse. Unique lore, magic, world building. The open nature of it was something I hadn’t quite yet seen in an RP, at least in such an organized manner. That’s what made BGV stand out.

I admit I was not a great mod for BGV. A combination of bad ideas on my part along with juggling school and RPs and later work led to frequent periods where I simply did not have time or motivation to work on BGV either in the RP or in planning. I own up to that. Things arguably would’ve gone better if not for some of my plans.

Going with a single thread chapter system will solve the problems you brought up quite handily. But this change reduces my interest due to removing the open nature of the RP. Because of that reduced interest, I will bow out.

OK. Thanks for playing.

LoopyPanda said:
I'm kind of on the fence about which option to really go with since both have their pros and cons. I'm leading more toward option 2 but...

If we go with option 2: It's a more efficient fix and requires substantially less time thanks to just condensing what already happened into just 1 thread. But that poses the concern of being a little too restrictive: 1 thread, where only 2 characters maximum can be played (or 1 other free choice in my case if you go off the example you put in). I don't know how things will go in practice, but for players whose PCs might not fit into the storyline or they can't see a way for them to reasonably fit, if they can't make any new PCs to participate in the thread's plot, they end up sitting out. It's impossible to predict how quickly we can finish a chapter because of many uncontrollable factors that may affect frequency of posting, so they can end up on the bench between a week or two or more than a month. Idle RPers' interests wane over time if their ideas aren't put to use soon after they're made.

The goal here is to maximize participation in both players and content, without biting off more than we can chew; so what if, to accompany the 1 single-area chapter thread that follows the overarching plots we're working to complete from BV before the reboot, one or two "non-chapter" threads are run simultaneously as an alternative to players who would either like to utilize more than 2 PCs at once or don't have sufficient footing to be involved in the Chapter Thread. These can be either plots made up by players for other players OR Guild campaigns. Guild campaigns would need to be planned out a bit, but I think they can be done well if used to combat small-scale villains or problems that don't drastically impact the main storyline's progression. 

The only condition here is that said threads would have to utilize PCs who aren't involved with the dealings of the current chapter's plot. I think to give it a test-run, we just do 1 "sidequest" thread being active along with the Chapter thread and see where it takes us. What exactly that sidequest thread should be would need to be discussed, but I wanted to throw this concept out there for everyone to consider.

@Panich @Raditz
You guys are fairly new to BV or just haven't gotten too into it yet but expressed interest, so I think this would be a very good opportunity to hear what you guys think!

Now, onto the actual suggestions and criticisms.

I can understand the thought behind preventing things from getting cluster (in the same vein of preventing things from being too board) and find a stable middle ground.

So, let’s expand that concept you suggested and add a bit of flair with an example:

The Main Chapter thread will focus on huge issues. For example, the first chapter can focus on a group of people from the Heroes Organization tasked to save a town being raided by the LEMONs. This covers areas such as Hos Complex (which will be expanded greatly under this new system).

The Side-Chapter thread can focus on smaller issues such as Evelyn and friends trying to find a way to get into Los Demonios and save Gerome, who is being held as hostage, since Citrus-Man had total control of Hope City. This will include three areas, Hope City, Dinostnoe Park and finally, Los Demonios.

The second Side-Chapter thread will focus on small-scale events that might lead to the huge one. For example, the incident with Magiana will be covered by a small group being chased by the Watcher Cult. Once they’re dealt with (say, Lust is defeated), the chapter will end, and it can lead to a tie-in for the Main Chapter for the Watcher Cult with Pride, the Leader, comes into the fray.

Each of them showcase separate areas but take place in the same place. This is to prevent readers and incoming players from reading a ton of threads and have option to take interest into things they want to be part of. Is this something you have in mind?

However, this leads to the Guilds being reformed for this system to work smoothly. Meaning, all guilds (except for Heroes Organization) will merged into one and renamed as Beast Slayers following the White Space Event.

I do like to add that option one isn’t a total, complete and utter reboot of the whole thing. Wrong or perhaps, too hard of the word, but more like a fresh start that follows events from White Space with a new direction (and few changes here and there that hadn’t been explored/touch upon).

The restriction on characters is essentially to avoid “biting more than we can chew”, but I can lighten up on restriction for side-chapter threads.

Separating things into a primary series of chapter threads and two side quest threads reminds me of the comic book comparison I used to make about BGV years back. Except better as having it as a series of threads forming BGV focusing on different player character casts or areas, having three main series of threads forming different chapters would keep things focused, while also giving the opportunity to span out from more than one direction. Let me give an example, using comic book analogy.

Let’s say we have a story arc in BGV entitled “The Dark Watcher Saga.” It’s “issues” AKA chapters could span the following: Sidequest Thread 1 Chapter 20, which introduces the Dark Watcher; Main Thread Chapter 33, where the Dark Watcher interferes with the main story; and Sidequest Thread 2 Chapter 17, where it deals with the aftermath of the events in the main thread. So someone could join in for a particular arc, need only to read some threads to understand things and not every chapter, and then wander off again.

Furthering the comic book analogy, have a chapter that went dead? “Cancel” the chapter, start up a new one. Keeps things from becoming perma-dead.

I like the Chapter idea along with side quests. Keeps the effect that everything is happening at the same time but just not as many threads as there have been in BGV. Making open universes like this can lead to inactive threads like people were saying just cause of the amount there are but a chapter system I'd go with. Also about rebooting the lore tbh I kinda have no say since you guys are more familiar with it than I so in the end wouldn't matter to me. Right now I'm just trying to integrate myself and establish my characters.

ShineCero

The Side-Chapter thread can focus on smaller issues such as Evelyn and friends trying to find a way to get into Los Demonios and save Gerome, who is being held as hostage, since Citrus-Man had total control of Hope City. This will include three areas, Hope City, Dinostnoe Park and finally, Los Demonios.

The second Side-Chapter thread will focus on small-scale events that might lead to the huge one. For example, the incident with Magiana will be covered by a small group being chased by the Watcher Cult. Once they’re dealt with (say, Lust is defeated), the chapter will end, and it can lead to a tie-in for the Main Chapter for the Watcher Cult with Pride, the Leader, comes into the fray.

Each of them showcase separate areas but take place in the same place. This is to prevent readers and incoming players from reading a ton of threads and have option to take interest into things they want to be part of. Is this something you have in mind?

Yes!

I think it's a good idea to have a small side quest coinciding with the smaller plot that's intending to lead to a big chapter as the conclusion. We have a few plots that are going to need to be built up with a 'trail of crumbs' for side chapter threads. 

To add to this, with Side-chapters/Side Quests, we can wrap up plots that still linger after White Space so these thread slots can be freed up for new story ideas to be introduced. For those who don't know, Guilds are mostly mercenary-type groups and basically stick to operating in 1 or 2 continents (Desolate Lands, maybe other lands sometimes). Even though we have a few Guild members caught in some plots that are for big events, they're mostly to do what you would consider to be a typical small party campaign. In essence, small issues that are isolated and mostly don't affect BV on a grander scale but allow for character development all the same. Smaller-scale storylines can be carried out in these threads without stealing thunder from the big ones. 

I imagine the main chapters would take longer to resolve than small side quest/chapter threads, so we can deliver more variety of bite-sized content & BV itself stays fresh in all aspects.

I think it's okay to merge the Guilds since all but 1 are in the Desolate Lands. The recent event will probably lead to an in-game reason for them to merge parties together (membership size is rather small...). It's good for new characters to come in and bring in pre-existing Guild PCs to interact in an interesting way.
Totally not a shameless promo for people to make Guild characters. Definitely not at all! pls make some

Even if option 1 isn't that drastic a change (thanks for clearing that up btw) it sounds like a more difficult undertaking than this type of Chapter System, at least in respect as to how we can do the current BV setup without falling into the same problems a 2nd time. 
Since it's a universe intended for everyone to contribute to beyond simply playing it if they want, it would seem a bit more difficult to introduce new ideas/content without worrying about so many things like where/when/how it can fit, if it can exist by itself or ultimately relegate it as springboard for current concepts to exist off of. Without imposing restrictions, a subforum system makes it substantially more difficult for fellow players to try their hand at providing new content. 

Using side-chapter/side quest threads relieves that amount of pressure since the thread can just be closed and replaced with a different one if things don't work out. Like it never happened because it didn't affect anything on a grander scale. With a sub full of different location threads, if such a thing happens, a good chunk of the board ends up having to be fixed or rebooted bc it ends up getting dusty. A lot of trouble to fix, especially when you feel like you can't rework things to ensure it gets used!

It feels like there is no difference between the options in this regard, but if a player wants to introduce a new story (small-scale) they're basically basing the contents around the lore BV has set and the limits imposed by this universe. When executed in a chapter system, less time can be spent worrying over whether it's a good time to try it because of the 'big plot' going on and more time can be spent preparing to actually get it going. Does that make sense to ppl?

In that’s the case, then I can mostly get behind on that idea. Splitting the Main Story with 2 different Side-Story Chapters can served to involved everyone who isn’t interested in the main narrative for their characters.

Alright, then I can get behind the concept of the idea. Three different threads, the Main Story and the other two will be regulated as “Side-Story” that focused on smaller events.

We will be downsizing the absolute limits of the worlds to simply content within Booga (i.e Space and other stuff will either be phased out or eliminated) while introducing new contents, hence why I placed option one as a way to introduce new ideas, changing old ones and/or revision stuff with a fresh start. Hence why Lore will get updated, cut down and change to be more friendly to newcomers, at the same time, leave something for the veterans as well. It’s one of the reasons why I created a New BoogaVerse Lore thread in the Lore Section.

Therefore, I advocated for the guilds to merged into a singular entity. Avoids too many guilds, too many concepts and house everyone under the same umbrella.

Exactly. If the chapter isn’t doing so well and isn’t off to a great start, then we can closed it and replaced it a better one. We get rid of the fat, avoid dead threads and leaves for more adventure. Considering with three options players can chose from, I think this allows more freedom despite restricting the openness of the original BoogaVerse.

Yeah, I think we'll have to put off on Space/Afterlife as separate playable realms. Definitely puts a strain on giving things even amounts of attention so cutting it wouldn't be a problem

Plus the afterlife stuff went through, I believe but could be wrong, two revisions and nothing came of it. The only stuff that was ever in-continuity (and then out of continuity) was underworld stuff before the afterlife of Boogaverse was written.

Don’t know what happened to the current discussion, so I deleted my post to re-post (with added content) to avoid double posting and bring up the thread up into speed and get people to post things even further.

Despite the revisions (could it could be argued that it was one), yes, nothing came out of it. Space and Afterlife threads was not going to cut it in the current system [before the Chapter system] we had. 

Small correction, Heaven and Hell weren’t considered to be part of BoogaVerse in any aspect of continuity. It was maintained by the an inactive user, Freak, way before the concept of BGV took its first strive in 2016.

With that said, Space stuff is out and the story of BGV will focused on Booga alone. Of course, this does not rule out any alien invasion for future chapters. Afterlife will play a role, but most likely not have an area (and simply something for the updated lore alone). So, we won’t be missing anything trimming off useless fat.

So, to ensure that we are all understanding.
  • Main Story = Huge Issues
  • Side-Story = Beast Slayer Issues [Small Scale]
  • Side-Story 2 = Smaller Issues that involved a set amount of characters.
Of course, we won’t bring this out straight out the gate, as Loopy said, we’ll be doing a test run to see how things work out.

Furthermore, here’s a few changes that will be placed. Please give your thoughts.
  • All monsters will now be classified as Deimos. 
  • Monsters (which Beast Slayers Guild will handle) will be a different classification altogether and will be considered as enemies. Monsters will have Dark Energy (as result of White Space).
  • Pure Energy, Chaotic Energy and Neutral Energy will be revamped somewhat. Pure and Chaotic will be restricted to those that are bless by the Gods or those with hearts sink into darkness.
  • Brotherhood and Sisterhood will be merged into one (known as Magic Society) because of the White Space event.

I simply didn't have anything to say regarding the last session, hence this discussion going in hiatus.

I don't see a point in making all monsters Deimos. Deimos are the result of demons becoming more neutral energy due to generational environmental factors, monsters are the result of a living creature or such becoming afflicted with some kind of energy that I don't recall. Deimos are implied to be more humanoid, monsters more beastial. So I don't think it makes sense.

Unless you move Deimos from being more humanoid to being more beastial, than I would understand and think the change is a good idea.

Agreed on the story / chapter divisions.

I'm a tad confused. I thought all guilds would be merged into one. The Magic Society being exempt seems a tad strange. Unless you separated the governing bodies of Paradise Region into the Magic Society and the guild aspect into the Slayers Guild. Then I'd understand.

ShineCero said:
Furthermore, here’s a few changes that will be placed. Please give your thoughts.
  • All monsters will now be classified as Deimos. 
  • Monsters (which Beast Slayers Guild will handle) will be a different classification altogether and will be considered as enemies. Monsters will have Dark Energy (as result of White Space).
  • Pure Energy, Chaotic Energy and Neutral Energy will be revamped somewhat. Pure and Chaotic will be restricted to those that are bless by the Gods or those with hearts sink into darkness.
  • Brotherhood and Sisterhood will be merged into one (known as Magic Society) because of the White Space event.

I didn't have anything else meaningful enough to add at the time, otherwise I would've posted again. If I don't reply to something specific in this post, it means I'm fine with it.

IDK about lumping monster PCs and Deimos PCs into the same term since their concepts are very distinct from context of the lore. I guess it's ok to do it, but a revision of the lore would be in order to accommodate the change since most of the monster PCs live everywhere Deimos don't among other potential contradictions I can't think of atm.

By enemies, do you mean the new monsters will just be non-playable violence fodder or?

Grey Star said:
I'm a tad confused. I thought all guilds would be merged into one. The Magic Society being exempt seems a tad strange. Unless you separated the governing bodies of Paradise Region into the Magic Society and the guild aspect into the Slayers Guild. Then I'd understand.

Could be wrong here but, the Sisterhood and Brotherhood weren't really explicitly classified as guilds since it seemed more like 2 factions run by the same governmental body ruling Paradice. Guilds were exclusive to Desolate Lands and some parts of Empire State so they aren't applicable to the merging.

Loopy is mostly correct. The Brotherhood and Sisterhood are not classified as guilds since they are more like governmental body split in two factions ruling over Paradice. They train mages and sent them to various guilds to join (well, that was initially the idea anyways). In the new system where all Guilds are merging, the Magic Schools and the Heroes Organization is exempt from this.

----

Yes, a revision would/could be in order. I should have added more context that things will be changing to fit the new standard just slightly. Originally, Monsters were animals exposed to chaotic energy. Deimos were descendants of Demons exposed of Neutral Energy. 

What I’m aiming for that Demons break away from “evil spirits” for those that passed on with evil hearts in the Under World. So, under the revision, Demons are beings created by Lucifer for the sole purpose of war during the Crisis War. Once he was defeated, Demons were stranded on Booga. Overtime, they evolved into Deimos. Pure Demons are exceedingly rare—but they can be found in certain places in Booga. Deimos had various of tribes and went on their separate ways. Most remained in the new continent after the Paradice incident.

So that leaves animals. They turned into intelligence creatures (i.e. able to speak, used magic, powers, and tools), like that of Deimos. Should they be classified as such, or simply considered them as “monsters”?

For the new enemies, what I was thinking that a new type of force will be the focus for the Beast Slayers. I was thinking of classifying these types as “Eldritch Abominations”, unnatural forces fuel with Dark Energy that disregard the natural laws we know it. But I’m afraid that we might ran into too many classifications, unless you guys are fine with that? They will be playable for other players to use, but only as a villainous role.

----

So, after doing some research and some good suggestions for Dungeon and Dragons stuff. I wanted to hear your opinions on this idea of a new boss fight format that I’m planning on using in the White Event relatively soon (I hinted this in the second phase of the Doom fight).
I want to set up the Boss in a way that allows players more flexibility of how they approached them in battles. It starts out with their name, transformation and list all their abilities with detailed description of what they do and their aftereffects. It also includes survival rate and weaknesses if applicable, and of course, music.

But here’s something that stray a bit different. The Boss will start off with shields that last for the duration of posts. For example, let say Negative creates a powerful barrier that protects him, which takes 5 posts to take it down. This means, Negative cannot be harmed as long the shield is up. However, if all 5 posts from players use it against the shield, on the 6th post, it’ll be destroyed and opened to attack. Here’s an illustration:

pZ1lcDH.jpg

Once the 5th post destroys the shield, the 6th poster can attack and so forth. Does that makes sense? It won't be as straight-forward as that (I'll post in between for attacks).

Back
Top Bottom