BoogaVerse Project

Hm. The planet dilemma is quite a pickle. I do agree in that creating entire planets might be too taxing an undertaking, even more so when that would typically entail creating multiple subforums within the Space forum (which would be fine if this were our structure and we had many mods collaborating on it... alas.) before becoming a cluttered mess.

By use of a "planet" tag, do you mean that we create different thread prefixes for whatever planets end up becoming part of the Space section?

Like if we make areas for Mars, every area thread for it would be "[PREFIX=MARS]: Area Title"?

LoopyPanda said:
Hm. The planet dilemma is quite a pickle. I do agree in that creating entire planets might be too taxing an undertaking, even more so when that would typically entail creating multiple subforums within the Space forum (which would be fine if this were our structure and we had many mods collaborating on it... alas.) before becoming a cluttered mess.

By use of a "planet" tag, do you mean that we create different thread prefixes for whatever planets end up becoming part of the Space section?

Like if we make areas for Mars, every area thread for it would be "[PREFIX=MARS]: Area Title"?

Nah. That would be a cluttered mess :think:

I was thinking more like this:

Loopy: I made an area called "Cyclops Underground" and it's on Mars. You will get the "Planet Prefix", but the full title would be like this:
Cyclops Underground - Mars 

Then you can explained the concept of that area on Mars, etc etc etc. Does that make sense? :think:

I think I get it :p

Shouldn't be a problem with that system. Though i suppose we'd need to write a bit more stricter set of criteria so we don't have too much "emptiness". Guess we'd have to start with a couple planets first before we try expanding things off the bat.

LoopyPanda said:
I think I get it :p

Shouldn't be a problem with that system. Though i suppose we'd need to write a bit more stricter set of criteria so we don't have too much "emptiness". Guess we'd have to start with a couple planets first before we try expanding things off the bat.

Oops, I forgot to respond to this! Better late than never. Yes, we should definitely create staring planets to see how it would though and avoid the emptiness, along with a set goal. 

Furthermore, I'm planning on adding more bits on the lore as of recent information from the Heroes Organization (Nick) and Ancient Magic (LoopyPanda) onto the guide by the end of this month.

BoogaVerse is under construction for some new stuff! I should be done soon. :wagh:

The update progression of BGV Guide 2.5 is nearly done. I simply need to include some information in regards to magic, just small details and whatnots for the lore.

ONCE that is done, I'll begin my daily rounds of posting. NOTE, I will be checking with area threads, including those with little to no activity, and see if it follows the standards of the rules. I'll explain the process of updating your thread so it can be future proof without worries, regardless of BGV updates.

ANNOUNCEMENT: 

The entirely of BoogaVerse will go into maintenance:

5 PM 3/23/18 - 5 PM 3/23/18

The forum will be lock in the light of updates, clean up and the sort (meaning, you won't be able to post during this time). 
  • Certain threads will be deleted/moved/purged: This only affect out of date threads in Character Box and users who haven't touch in BoogaVerse (posting in RV does not count). If you DO NOT want your thread to be purge/deleted, contact me immediately. Otherwise, I'm deleting it.
  • Certain OPs will have a clean up to avoid "constant updates". Outside of Guild Missions and certain events, primary threads should maintain a "steady OP" that, regardless of new updates, nothing would change much.
  • A new BoogaVerse Project thread will be created.
  • BoogaVerse Guide is now renamed as 3.0 due to the load of content.
  • Houses will be deleted from BoogaVerse in favor of a new system.

The intended purpose of this topic is the assurance of consistency in BoogaVerse.

Once again, as stated in the Guide, BoogaVerse is an OPEN RP, but has a heavy reliance on lore. Any questions, ideas, or suggestions for the section in any way is welcome; or, this can be used as a way for approval for your thread is also a much welcome addition. 

BoogaVerse was introduced in 2016 as a way to implement the concept of Openness in terms of Roleplaying, lingering over from a previous site; however, I disagree with the concept entirely, and instead, opted for a way to bring a consistency where everything is interconnected, but at the same time, have their own separate stories. The process of creating and working on this has been brutal, but with the help of LoopyPanda and Z, BoogaVerse soon became successful of capturing the intended purpose I was aiming. Now, with your players, I wanted to push for further improvements on the section; furthermore, steer people to become better at creating stories, character dynamics, scenes, summary and sufficient in grammar!

Quick Tidbits

Known Prefixes for Planet Booga
  • Empire State
  • Paradice
  • Desolate Lands
  • Shina Ania
  • Constringitur [North and South use the same prefix)
  • Island 
  • Ocean
You are not required to read every single thread in BoogaVerse, outside the BoogaVerse Guide 3.0 and the Character Box. However, before joining the thread, you’re encourage to ask important questions of the thread (some threads have a more specific setting with rules, and some are more opened in terms of purpose). 

If you had RP in BoogaVerse (even before it conception) and your thread had been deleted/moved, you can still recreate an brand new thread with information relevant to the updated rules. Of course, there is a 10 day wait of the restoration of those threads upon request. After that, you simply have to make a brand new one. 

BoogaVerse Guide Updates will be smaller for now on, mostly for updated things on the lore in the timeline; make sure when creating your thread, it consistent that, regardless of update, you won't have any need to change it.

Important Links

BoogaVerse Guide 3.0 has arrived with new additions; it is wise to take a look at the guide for your benefit for the future.
  • Mysterious Beings (Canon Characters) now function as summons. You can only get them in The Big Apple.
  • Reality Vortex (RV) is now function in the same context as After Life; erasure from existence will place your character in RV.
  • Ocean and Constringitur added into the Prefix for Planet Booga.
  • House of Legends, Demise and Ambiguity are purged from the section; Canon Character Declaration thread is also removed from the section.
  • Threads in Character Box are either removed, deleted or renamed. If you want those threads to be moved/restored, you have ten days. You have to make a brand new thread if you miss such date for whatever reason.
  • Reintroduction of Space section. See Area Template for more information of how to make a thread regarding Space. Furthermore, The Beyonders, a Space Guild, is now opened for session.
I apologize for my lack of posting in main BoogaVerse (BGL in general), but starting (hopefully), I should become more active now everything is now complete. I had also personally scanned each thread; they had been moved to their respective sections and ready for play when the time comes. :)

@"Raditzthehairball" 

Can you provide for me more information of Gheera Rainforest? I think this would be more fitting as an Island rather than an area in Shina Ania.

Oh sure. What do you want to know about Gheera?
Also, I don't mind if it's an island ^^ I can edit it if that's the case. I do think it's more fitting now that I actually consider this.

@"ShineCero" Now that the Houses of the canon characters has been done away with, how exactly will canon characters be handled in the Big Apple?

I claimed Metal Bat a while ago, so I'm wondering how these summons work in regards to the Big Apple. Can members still pick one to RP in the event it's summoned? I can't imagine you being all of them at once XD

I'm sure I missed it, but when I skimmed the changes, I didn't see how the mechanics behind that worked. I know that we can't just be like "I'mma claim this character and randomly use it," but in the case of people already using canon characters before the retcon, do we just forfeit being able to RP as them for good once they 'return' or finish the summoning?

Assuming they don't go rogue and all that. :lmao:

@"Raditzthehairball" 

I remember that one of your character, that's from that area, came to Magician Square looking for a relative. Are you still pursuing on that idea? And yes, you can edit to remove things that mentioned Shina Ania; once that done, I can change it to Island to serve the area better.

@"LoopyPanda" 

Canon Characters that appeared (meaning, they actually appeared in the story) in BoogaVerse prior of this update will resume the status of rouge (but in cases like Metal Bat, he's a summon for the Heroes Organization, so he will turned back to a toy). In Port Graham, toy Broly is currently in the rubble, waiting to be picked up by whoever.

@"ShineCero" 
Alright I will change it when I find the time to :D

And yeah, I'm still on to that idea. Guess he's still looking in that area right now. If you have any idea for interaction hit me up xD

Also, I'm wondering what to do with Hadrian now (the guy that was in Mephis), I don't know how to have him get back into the story there because so many things happened. Maybe I'll just assume he was never there and er find somewhere else to put him. What do you think?

@"Raditzthehairball" 

Excellent. I may have an idea to explore with your character a bit more in regards to his hunt of his sibling. Once I have everything done and settled on my end, I will give you a proper heads up on the topic.

As for Hadrian, I am proposing two different solutions to your problem: Have Hadrian wait out the battle, hidden away from the main group (and Dark Gunner) and follow them from there; or, for consistency sake, have him leave the area early, deciding to check someplace else.

So, about Crimson. In retrospect, probably not such a good idea to introduce him without having gotten this out of the way first. Oh well.

To start off, Crimson's background is a little simple. Once a sports writer by the names James Chickadee, he was murdered by one of his closest friends beating him to death with a crowbar. Though he died, someone came into the home after the murder and brought him downstairs, placing the man inside a homemade chemical bath, a healing formula circulated in rumors on the darker parts of the internet. Brought back to life, and stark raving mad from the experience of dying, he slaughtered his killer. Spending time in isolation, he slowly regained part of his sanity. 

I would like to have Crimson be someone who already had his exploits, already gained his notoriety and had his massive adventures, and as a result took a more quiet life, partly fading into myth.

@"Grey Star" 

I have no issues with Crimson being a major player in the history of Planet Booga. Can you give me an example of what he done?

I'm thinking of making new threads for areas that have little to no threads (so that way I can refrain from creating more threads rather than put current ones to good use), so which ones need new ones?

Deimos Valley has literally 1 thread, so I'm going to work on that, but I don't know which ones are higher on the priority of creating content for.

I'm working on an Empire State thread, but that one is more of a for-fun hub where people can buy cool gear for their characters or just hang out and have some fun! Cause this arc got them all stress't!!!

Same! I'm currently working on updating various threads to include photos, more detailed events on various places within the thread. So far, The Fairy Forest, Big Apple and Cindy is now fully updated. I'm working on Los Demoninos and Hero City City later on tonight... so I have been steadily increasingly my posting! :wagh:

I suppose on the other hand you have myself, whose plans mostly involve taking existing threads and sending a roaming antagonist to them to preform actions that tie into a much larger plan.

Yup! It's one of the way of a subtle connection to each thread, but instead, have their own stories involved into something else. As of now, I have completed all my threads from Desolate Lands. Clan of Swords, Garden Town and the Field of Bloody Flowers and Endless Desert is now revised to fit the newly updated stuff. Now folks have more options to explore.

Next up is the Empire State Threads, which shouldn't be too hard, since it mostly involved formatting issues on my part and adding some cool pictures I've found.

Also! @"Raditzthehairball" 

It's been a while, but I have a suggesting regarding your character in search of his sister. The Fairy Forest is currently on-going; this is something that might sparks some interest for your character, if you want further development.
Another quick update: I'm currently nearly done with updating most of the threads. About 75% done. Once everything is up and ready, we will move forward into connecting into a bigger, overarching story. :thumbs:
A new update of BoogaVerse is coming soon this month, BoogaVerse 4.0. This includes an updated version of the rules (corrections on grammars and spelling) along with significant replacement in threads in order to have some consistency for the future. Look forward for it as I released more information regarding it in the upcoming days.

Back
Top Bottom