BoogaVerse Project

MAP OF PLANET BOOGA POST

Each continent (exception of Deimos Valley)

"Except for" is more correct imo :D

Their duties is to protect Booga from a powerful threat—whenever it made be. There is rumors of a 7th Dragon.

I think it should be

"Their duties is to protect Booga from a powerful threat—whenever it happens."

or

"Their duties is to protect Booga from a powerful threat—whatever it may be. "

Canon Characters can established buildings geared towards specific things

Probably "Canon characters can establish buildings for specific purposes" sounds better?

They have beautiful architecture throughout the land and preserved for tourists attractions.

"They have beautiful architecture throughout the land that are preserved for tourists attractions."

however, locals are warned to not wake the wrath of Zillon when he sends out series of warning signs through mini-earthquakes.
I think "because" instead of "when" is better. hmm

I'll continue reading later xD These are the things I noticed so far

However, in order for the pact to be complete, a price may be paid

"completed, a price must be paid" is better because it is a required thing

Decades of adapting to the land, change the biology of Demons

"Decades of adapting to the land changes the biology of Demons "

or

"Decades of adapting to the land changed the biology of Demons"

depending on which one you prefer

Desolate Lands, was a barren continent striped of its personality due to brutal wars. It was once a beautiful continent, known as Rupoee in vast environment, wildlife and cultural diversity.

"It was once a beautiful continent, known as Rupoee with vast landscapes, wildlife and cultural diversity. "

And I think that's all the issues I can find in the posts above the Lore

While I go on checking Hairball's typo fixes have been properly applied, I have one question:
 Clan of Swords has a Federal Japan setting in contrast to Hero City City being a more Futuristic atmosphere.

Is it really Federal Japan? Or is it Feudal Japan? The two eras are quite different methinks  :teehee:

BoogaVerse Project Changes/Addition effective 

Character Threads Mandatory
  • Reason: This will be easier to maintain and control of the character section. If you have multiple characters, it is required to be place under one thread. No exceptions. Staring now, everyone's thread that isn't merged into a singular one will be merged. They will be notified when this happens.
Canon Characters
  • Canon Characters' status will change in BoogaVerse. With the exception of God Characters, Canon Characters can freely move around in BoogaVerse. However, they still need to returned to the houses or they will be turned into statue due to the overabundance of energy BoogaVerse brings.
================================

BoogaVerse Proposals
  • Long-Term Villains to received their own threads. This will be an collection of highly and powerful villains that exist in BoogaVerse. Should this be created?
  • Story Saga: This is where huge story-lines will take place over the course of BoogaVerse. For example, the Magiana-Queen Story Line is currently active in Shina Ania. The Solarian story-line is currently affected Paradice and Empire. Should we have an summary in BoogaVerse of important storylines that took place?
  • Ocean Prefix. This was mentioned in the thread earlier. Should an prefix like this be added? 
What are your thoughts?

I think the importance of storylines should be summarized depending on how widely known they will be in-game. 

Ex. Port Graham's destruction by Broly has been made known at several different regions/continents. So that warrants a summary. If the event occurs at a remote area and the news stays relatively to a small area and doesn't become famous among the region or internationally, then it wouldn't need one. You could just put that at the beginning of the thread itself.

It should be approached with whether or not it is something everyone needs to know about and would be required to know.

Long-term villains is a tricky subject to coordinate. So I won't have an opinion for now. 

My opinion is the same regarding Ocean tags.

I'm in agreement. I think the idea of incorporating huge stories that affect a thread could be added in the summary for future references. Port Graham is a good example of that!

Yeah. I was thinking that we can focused on "Main Villains" of BoogaVerse. I.e important to the overall story. Citrusman and Negative served as main antagonist to BoogaVerse and will have multiple appearances. :think: Maybe instead of a thread, we can put that in the guide?

Putting it in the timeline sounds like a good idea.

Speaking of villains, how exactly does this work? I know some are by you, Shine, but if I'm right, I know Grey's fixing to integrate his own BV-level villain. How does that work in terms of making the event consistent with a large portion of BV player interactions? It definitely looks to require a lot of planning on someone's part. I'm not thinking of doing anything like that, I just am curious as to how you guys go about with it.

BoogaVerse 2.0 Updates
  • BoogaVerse 2.0 Guidelines had been edited, cleaned and revamp based on the suggestion here. Please review the new and improved Guidelines that will be the stable for BoogaVerse. 
  • Timeline had been remade for cleaner, better understanding. Nothing changes aside from some scale things.
  • Ocean Prefix has been added.
  • Canon Characters will now be referred as "Mysterious Beings".
  • Reality Vortex enables players to create any character they want without restriction. However, they can only use those characters in that thread only. 
  • Upper World, Under World, Limbo [revamped as a planet] and Reality Vortex is now ready for play.
  • Houses is under construction and will be available by Saturday.
  • Every major event will be included in the title.
  • Backstories for continents in BoogaVerse had been retool somewhat.
Will post more later, I'm pretty tired at the moment and needs to get some sleep. Any questions, please ask here.

I seemed to be needing to subscribe to this thread.

Anyway I'm not sure what's up with an ocean prefix but I don't see any reason not to have it. Could just be me.

Secondly due to my, for lack of a better term, neglelince of Boogaverse, most of my planning is mental notes and Shine bugging me to continue the Solarian Arc. Secondly a major villain thread or editing it into a section of the guide seems reasonable. Like say we could use some ground rules for it, like, a Boogaverse mod has to approve the villain being upgraded to major, or three players who interacted with the villain have to approve it.

ShineCero said:
BoogaVerse 2.0 Updates
BoogaVerse 2.0 Guidelines had been edited, cleaned and revamp based on the suggestions here and outside the forum. New things had been added, changes had been made and more areas had been opened, including:
  • Timeline had been revamped to fit the new narrative, new roles for the Gods and overall foundation of BoogaVerse.
  • Upper World, Under World, Limbo and Reality Vortex and Houses had been finalized and ready for play.
  • Limbo is now a planet that in the center of the universe and only accessible by the dead.
  • Reapers Guild is now opened for session on Limbo.
  • Backstories for the continents had been revamped and updated for easier time constructing your area. 
  • Dragon Guardians' backstories had been remade.
  • Draken, Island of Dragons, had been remade and opened for play.
  • Ocean Prefix has been added.
  • Canon Characters will now be referred as "Mysterious Beings".
  • The Big Apple, which includes all Mysterious Beings, aside from God Bracket Characters, is now open for play.
  • Dinostone Park is now opened for play.
  • Reality Vortex enables players to create any character they want without restriction. However, they can only use those characters in that thread only. 
  • Each Arc will be represented in the title!
  • Character Box Guideline, Canon Character Declaration Thread and House Discussion had been revised and retool in some form. Check them out!

@Grey

I think that's a good idea. Not every villain would be included, but villains approved by Mods if the villain is reasonable of becoming a major villain. :think:

Ocean Prefix is for threads that take places underwater (underwater city and whatnot). They can say specifically which ocean it is under the Area Guide.

Small Updates:

The Houses are getting the Reality Vortex treatment in a sense. The Houses are revamped to be played similar to that of Reality Vortex (but it has some restrictions). You can play canon characters in a city to interact with other canon characters. House Discussion threads are deleted. You can see the update rules in the Canon Declaration thread

Any questions, please ask away.

There was a question regarding on the possibility of House characters learning new moves.

The answer would be "no".

House characters wouldn't be able to learn new abilities on BoogaVerse (as in, roaming around and not in the Houses/Big Apple) in time as they would be turned into stone/forced to go back home.

As for house characters learning moves from other ones. While that is a sound idea, it is essentially learning new non-canonical things in their arsenal, which the rules already forbid it from the beginning. Even if they're learning from characters that exist in the same "canon" as them, it's better than simply say no to that concept.

At any rate, you'll be better off simply making an original character that can do the things you want rather than making an established character do xyz thing. Of course, this doesn't matter in Reality Vortex. Do whatever you want in that thread.

In a case of a character that can use all sorts of weapons, normally, I don't see anything wrong with it. House characters usually wield weapons or flexible. But if a character has a special item (for example, Buster Sword or Keyblade), it's exclusive to that character period. Cannot be transferred, learn or anything, unless their canon established that.

tl;dr House characters can work together, etc but can't learn moves from BoogaVerse nor from each other. It's easier, less chaotic, ease the possible arguments about Hey, this [insert character here] can't do [insert move here]! and the like.

Next Year, there a possibility of some revamp of the space section. One of the problems is that it's simply too large in volume to properly construct a thread. While Booga only contains areas, which makes the process easier to maintain, entire planets might be too difficult to create. 

Here's two proposal:
  • One proposal eliminates the planet tag and simply restrict it to a smaller entity. 
  • When making an area on a particular planet, you must use one area of the planet. For example, "The Olympians" is a continent on a planet Mars. They can only roam on that continent. 

Back
Top Bottom